View Single Post
(#3)
Old
Unsaved trash

How dumb can you get?

Jenni111 has had a couple of people click the rep button.Jenni111 has had a couple of people click the rep button.Jenni111 has had a couple of people click the rep button.Jenni111 has had a couple of people click the rep button.
Default Re: Top Ten Questions to Ask Your Atheist Science Teacher! - 08-15-2009, 05:33 PM

Well Reverand,

I doubt a grade school teacher would know anything about those questions. Even at a high school level, they only learn within the departments curriculum. You would need to ask a University teacher.

This is from what I know:

2.There is a big bang theory that states that the big bang occurs an infinite amount of times. I don't really know the specifics, but supposedly, the Big Bang actually created space in order to expand. It will then continue to expand until it runs out of its' base energy "Law of Conservation Of Matter". Once it reaches that point, the universe will fall back onto itself and reach singularity once again. Then another big bang will occur.

3. We would not fly off the earth because of gravity(mass of planet). i.e since the moon is smaller, it has less gravity that's why we can see people jumping hundreds of feet into the air in moon video's. There's more to it, but I'm not very knowledgeable about the theory, except the equations.

5.First of all "How to measure the distance to the sun:
http://curious.astro.cornell.edu/que...php?number=400

In order to measure the distance from further stars, they use a method called "Triangulation". Basically they use the distance from the sun and use a triangle to see how much it's moved every month.

As for very far stars:

Quote:
There is no direct method currently available to measure the distance to stars farther than 400 light years from Earth, so astronomers instead use brightness measurements. It turns out that a star's color spectrum is a good indication of its actual brightness. The relationship between color and brightness was proven using the several thousand stars close enough to earth to have their distances measured directly. Astronomers can therefore look at a distant star and determine its color spectrum. From the color, they can determine the star's actual brightness. By knowing the actual brightness and comparing it to the apparent brightness seen from Earth (that is, by looking at how dim the star has become once its light reaches Earth), they can determine the distance to the star.
9. I think there is electric involved, since brain waves have a frequency. If your frequency is similar to another person, partially reading their mind is possible i.e identical twins.

10.I think it was because "photons" are destroyed the moment they are created. Since no time can pass while "nothing happens", a photon can move anywhere in the universe in an instant.

Anyways, I'll try asking a Biology teacher about your first question. I'm sure they will be stumped because there is actually no proof of it. I look forward to what lame lie they make up.