Go Back   The Landover Baptist Church Forum > Church Forums > Creation Science
Reload this Page World’s smartest man debunks secular archaeology and history
Creation Science The origins of life and the earth from a creationist (Biblical) perspective.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1)
Old
Pim Pendergast's Avatar
Pim Pendergast Pim Pendergast is offline
PHD - Theophysicist
Saving The Lost With The Truth Of Applied Theoscience
 

Protected by JESUS Friend of Jesus True Christian™ Heaven Bound Ex-Masturbator Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Flat Earth Tell her once Persecuted Porn Resistant Pro-Life Eats the Most Pork Prayer Warrior Christian Love TC Bravery The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College The Lord’s Witness Wound Early riser True Scientist™ One Year/1000 posts Saved 1 Year Touched by Jesus Stamp of Approval Pancake Dinner Crown of Rejoicing Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Mormon outreach preacher extraordinaire Alternative Facts 

 
Posts: 2,850
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: In the Lamb's book of life
Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default World’s smartest man debunks secular archaeology and history - 07-07-2013, 01:42 PM

It is a widely-held myth among pseudo-Christians that history and archaeology confirm the accuracy of the Bible. But historians would have us believe Egyptian chronology disproves the Flood account – as if written records of Middle-Eastern kings written thousands of years ago could possibly be reliable. And archaeologists would have us believe Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Moses are mythical figures and the Exodus from Egypt and conquest of Canaan never happened. History and archaeology are as incompatible with the Bible and as great a threat as evolution is. Yet Christians shouldn’t be worried. These fields of study can be easily debunked in the light of God’s Word.

1 Kings 3:12 tells us Solomon’s wisdom will never be surpassed. Solomon was the wisest man who ever lived – except, of course, Jesus (Mat 12:42). It’s good to know we Christians have the world’s smartest man on our side. No secular scientist or historian or archaeologist will ever match Solomon’s wisdom. We have examples of Solomon’s astounding wisdom in the Bible. He once threatened to chop a baby in half to settle a maternity dispute (1 Ki 3:16-28). What’s the need for DNA testing? He came to the conclusion that 0.1% of all men are virtuous but 0% of all women are virtuous (Eccl 7:28).

Let’s pit Solomon’s wisdom against the fields of history and archaeology. Archaeologists would have us believe man’s origins were very primitive. Man was nomadic and used stone tools for perhaps hundreds of thousands of years. Farming developed in only relatively recent times, perhaps 10,000 years ago. Eventually people began living in cities, and crafts such as stonemasonry began to emerge. Man learned to make bronze tools and later iron tools. Ridiculous timescale aside, all this malarkey conflicts with the Bible, which tells us the first generation of humans were farmers (Gen 4:2) and built cities (Gen 4:17) and by the seventh generation humans had mastered nomadic herding (Gen 4:20), invented music (Gen 4:21) and discovered brass and iron – at the same time (Gen 4:22)! In short, history and archaeology teach that man progressed from nomadic to civilized, from using primitive stone technology to bronze to iron. The Bible, however, teaches that man has always farmed and been civilized and that nomadism was a much later development (Gen 4:20). Solomon in his wisdom confirms man’s technological stasis.

Eccl 1:9-11
9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
10 Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.
11 There is no remembrance of former things; neither shall there be any remembrance of things that are to come with those that shall come after.

Effectively, Solomon was saying, “While I don’t know what happened in the past (v11), I do know that it was basically the same as the present (v10) and that history repeats itself (v9).” He knew man had never made any significant discoveries or advancements and never would. Human life always has been and always will be pretty much the same. Yet we today live in an age of rapid technological advancement. We have probably all witnessed great changes in our lifetime. Does this in any way discount Solomon’s words of wisdom? Of course not! We live in the last times, a time when knowledge shall be increased (Dan 12:4). If you disregard the modern age, Solomon’s words are 100% accurate and destroy the very foundations of secular history and archaeology. Why should historians bother reading old manuscripts? There’s no remembrance of the past. Why should archaeologists bother digging up ancient artefacts? They won’t find that things were significantly different in the past. The world’s wisest man said so.

Next time someone tries to tell you primitive humans lived in caves and used stone tools, just ask them, “Were you there?” Direct them to the words of Solomon, and be sure to inform them he was the wisest man ever. Then explain to them the past cannot be remembered, yet we know it was always like it was till just before the modern age.


Gen 6:6-7 And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

Find out what God thinks about: asexuals, psychiatry, chronic fatigue syndrome, the Book of Mormon, babies

Last edited by Pim Pendergast; 01-29-2017 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Updated link
Reply With Quote
(#2)
Old
ScienceisforFools ScienceisforFools is offline
Unsaved trash, scottish monkey worshiper
 
 
Posts: 59
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Signing up for rehab
ScienceisforFools is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.ScienceisforFools is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.ScienceisforFools is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.ScienceisforFools is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.ScienceisforFools is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.ScienceisforFools is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: World’s smartest man debunks secular archaeology and history - 07-07-2013, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pim Pendergast View Post
History and archaeology are as incompatible with the Bible and as great a threat as evolution is.
Evolution a threat? Why's that? Because it contradicts the Bible? Evolution is a facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pim Pendergast View Post
Yet Christians shouldn’t be worried.
You probably should because science is improving every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pim Pendergast View Post
These fields of study can be easily debunked in the light of God’s Word.
First you have to prove they are the word of God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pim Pendergast View Post
It’s good to know we Christians have the world’s smartest man on our side.
It's good to know we scientist have the world's smartest man on our side. Albert Einstein, Issac Newton, Galileo Galilei, Charles Darwin, Stephen Hawking etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pim Pendergast View Post
No secular scientist or historian or archaeologist will ever match Solomon’s wisdom.
No Christian God or myth will ever match these people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pim Pendergast View Post
Archaeologists would have us believe man’s origins were very primitive. Man was nomadic and used stone tools for perhaps hundreds of thousands of years. Farming developed in only relatively recent times, perhaps 10,000 years ago. Eventually people began living in cities, and crafts such as stonemasonry began to emerge. Man learned to make bronze tools and later iron tools. Ridiculous timescale aside, all this malarkey conflicts with the Bible
Maybe it's time to put the Bible down, then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pim Pendergast View Post
Human life always has been and always will be pretty much the same.
Are you really that stupid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pim Pendergast View Post
If you disregard the modern age, Solomon’s words are 100% accurate and destroy the very foundations of secular history and archaeology. Why should historians bother reading old manuscripts? There’s no remembrance of the past. Why should archaeologists bother digging up ancient artefacts? They won’t find that things were significantly different in the past. The world’s wisest man said so. [/FONT]
Sorry but the ramblings of a highly superstitious man who lived long before the birth of information and knowledge, in no way debunks volumes of data gathered by archeologists since the Age of Reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pim Pendergast View Post
“Were you there?”
This is such a stupid argument. If we used this logic how could we prove murders. This is so asinine. I didn't witness JFK being assassinated, but that's the conclusion the evidence leads to. I wasn't there when George Washington become the first president of the United States, but the evidence leads to conclude that historical count most probably accurate. Were you there when Jesus was resurrected? The different between religion and science is the things that we weren't present for, science relies on evidence to lead us to the best possible conclusions about religion relies on something other than evidence because they don't have evidence; faith this the excuse people give when they have no good reason for their beliefs - if you have a good reason, you wouldn't need faith.


Psalm 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done
abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Reply With Quote
(#3)
Old
Mary Etheldreda's Avatar
Mary Etheldreda Mary Etheldreda is online now
Gushing for Jesus
 

Protected by JESUS Christian Love Heaven Bound Ready for the Rapture Cleanest Kitchen Ex-Mary Worshipper True Christian™ Real American™ True Christian Caucasian Persecuted Pro-Life Most Obedient Friend of Jesus True Christian Homemaker True Christian Beauty 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College True Republican Mother of 1 boy or 2.5 girls Quiverful Mother of 2 boys or 5 girls Super Soaker Baptism Award 3rd Year Bible College One Year/1000 posts True Christian Lady Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Tomato Staker Hatchet Child Rearing Award Kirk Cameron Fan Club Saved 1 Year Prayer Warrior The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking The Hatchet Child Rearing Award 4th Year Bible College Paula Deen Negro Support Group TC Bravery Touched by Jesus Heart of compassion Babysitter Stamp of Approval Home Schooled Trump of GOD Rick Perry's Niggerhead Ranch The Lord’s Witness Wound The Lord’s Witness Wound Donald Trump 2016! Trumpette Anti-sodomy Mama Grizzly Platinum Tither Best stoning bucket 2015 Witch Hunt Award Hands Off Pastor Ezekiel Crown of Glory Crown of Rejoicing Saved 5 Years BFF of Jesus Gunfest '14 Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Probing for Jesus Wall of Jesus Alternative Facts 20,000 posts Crown of Righteousness 

 
Posts: 20,648
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Freehold, Iowa
Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: World’s smartest man debunks secular archaeology and history - 07-07-2013, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pim Pendergast View Post
[FONT=Verdana]
1 Kings 3:12 tells us Solomon’s wisdom will never be surpassed. Solomon was the wisest man who ever lived – except, of course, Jesus (Mat 12:42). It’s good to know we Christians have the world’s smartest man on our side. No secular scientist or historian or archaeologist will ever match Solomon’s wisdom. We have examples of Solomon’s astounding wisdom in the Bible. He once threatened to chop a baby in half to settle a maternity dispute (1 Ki 3:16-28). What’s the need for DNA testing? He came to the conclusion that 0.1% of all men are virtuous but 0% of all women are virtuous (Eccl 7:28).
This is such a good point. People put so much stock into modern day scientists and philosophers, but they can't hold a candle to the wisdom of God, the kind of wisdom Solomon had in abundance. And to think, King Solomon didn't even need to go to some fancy college to gain all this knowledge. He never heard of the Large Hardon Collider, or life on Mars, or gave a thought as to what particles make up the universe. He never knew about this so-called "germ theory," or the idea of washing one's hands before preparing food. He never knew about all the things people go to college to learn. He knew the Truth© about so many things, and he knew more than any man alive before or since.


Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Reply With Quote
(#4)
Old
ScienceisforFools ScienceisforFools is offline
Unsaved trash, scottish monkey worshiper
 
 
Posts: 59
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Signing up for rehab
ScienceisforFools is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.ScienceisforFools is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.ScienceisforFools is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.ScienceisforFools is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.ScienceisforFools is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.ScienceisforFools is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: World’s smartest man debunks secular archaeology and history - 07-07-2013, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda View Post
People put so much stock into modern day scientists
They use evidence to support their claims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda View Post
but they can't hold a candle to the wisdom of God,
Prove God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda View Post
And to think, King Solomon didn't even need to go to some fancy college to gain all this knowledge. He never heard of the Large Hardon Collider, or life on Mars, or gave a thought as to what particles make up the universe. He never knew about this so-called "germ theory," or the idea of washing one's hands before preparing food. He never knew about all the things people go to college to learn.
According to your Bible, he wasn't smarter, but wiser. There's a difference.

He was wiser than anyone who ever lived, or ever will live. As indicated by this scripture.

Quote:
1 Kings 3:11-12

New King James Version (NKJV)

11 Then God said to him: “Because you have asked this thing, and have not asked long life for yourself, nor have asked riches for yourself, nor have asked the life of your enemies, but have asked for yourself understanding to discern justice, 12 behold, I have done according to your words; see, I have given you a wise and understanding heart, so that there has not been anyone like you before you, nor shall any like you arise after yo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda View Post
He knew the Truth© about so many things, and he knew more than any man alive before or since.
If he knew more than we do today, why didn't he tell us the information about what he knew? HE'S MEAN!


Psalm 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done
abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Reply With Quote
(#5)
Old
Mary Etheldreda's Avatar
Mary Etheldreda Mary Etheldreda is online now
Gushing for Jesus
 

Protected by JESUS Christian Love Heaven Bound Ready for the Rapture Cleanest Kitchen Ex-Mary Worshipper True Christian™ Real American™ True Christian Caucasian Persecuted Pro-Life Most Obedient Friend of Jesus True Christian Homemaker True Christian Beauty 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College True Republican Mother of 1 boy or 2.5 girls Quiverful Mother of 2 boys or 5 girls Super Soaker Baptism Award 3rd Year Bible College One Year/1000 posts True Christian Lady Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Tomato Staker Hatchet Child Rearing Award Kirk Cameron Fan Club Saved 1 Year Prayer Warrior The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking The Hatchet Child Rearing Award 4th Year Bible College Paula Deen Negro Support Group TC Bravery Touched by Jesus Heart of compassion Babysitter Stamp of Approval Home Schooled Trump of GOD Rick Perry's Niggerhead Ranch The Lord’s Witness Wound The Lord’s Witness Wound Donald Trump 2016! Trumpette Anti-sodomy Mama Grizzly Platinum Tither Best stoning bucket 2015 Witch Hunt Award Hands Off Pastor Ezekiel Crown of Glory Crown of Rejoicing Saved 5 Years BFF of Jesus Gunfest '14 Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Probing for Jesus Wall of Jesus Alternative Facts 20,000 posts Crown of Righteousness 

 
Posts: 20,648
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Freehold, Iowa
Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: World’s smartest man debunks secular archaeology and history - 07-07-2013, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SciencefortheFools View Post
They use evidence to support their claims.
You're mistaken dear; they falsify statistics to secure funding and hopeful fame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SciencefortheFools View Post
If he knew more than we do today, why didn't he tell us the information about what he knew? HE'S MEAN!
But he did, friend! This information can be found in the Biblical books of Ecclesiastes, Proverbs, and Song of songs.


Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Reply With Quote
(#6)
Old
ScienceisforFools ScienceisforFools is offline
Unsaved trash, scottish monkey worshiper
 
 
Posts: 59
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Signing up for rehab
ScienceisforFools is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.ScienceisforFools is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.ScienceisforFools is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.ScienceisforFools is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.ScienceisforFools is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.ScienceisforFools is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: World’s smartest man debunks secular archaeology and history - 07-07-2013, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda View Post
they falsify statistics to secure funding and hopeful fame.
And these false statistics didn't form your computers, cars, planes, trains, phones, Televisions and every electronic object you use on a daily basis.

Where's your proof? I mean, you can believe in whatever fantasy world you want with your own imagined reality, but if you want me to believe you, I am going to need some actual proof that you aren't some crazy idiot. Some do that, rarely. You know how we KNOW some do that? Because other scientists find their mistakes and/or dishonesty, and point it out. And here's the fun part: the scientific method is self-correcting, so that if one (or even many) scientists act dishonestly, their dishonesty will be discovered and discarded. How about that.


Psalm 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done
abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Reply With Quote
(#7)
Old
Mary Etheldreda's Avatar
Mary Etheldreda Mary Etheldreda is online now
Gushing for Jesus
 

Protected by JESUS Christian Love Heaven Bound Ready for the Rapture Cleanest Kitchen Ex-Mary Worshipper True Christian™ Real American™ True Christian Caucasian Persecuted Pro-Life Most Obedient Friend of Jesus True Christian Homemaker True Christian Beauty 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College True Republican Mother of 1 boy or 2.5 girls Quiverful Mother of 2 boys or 5 girls Super Soaker Baptism Award 3rd Year Bible College One Year/1000 posts True Christian Lady Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Tomato Staker Hatchet Child Rearing Award Kirk Cameron Fan Club Saved 1 Year Prayer Warrior The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking The Hatchet Child Rearing Award 4th Year Bible College Paula Deen Negro Support Group TC Bravery Touched by Jesus Heart of compassion Babysitter Stamp of Approval Home Schooled Trump of GOD Rick Perry's Niggerhead Ranch The Lord’s Witness Wound The Lord’s Witness Wound Donald Trump 2016! Trumpette Anti-sodomy Mama Grizzly Platinum Tither Best stoning bucket 2015 Witch Hunt Award Hands Off Pastor Ezekiel Crown of Glory Crown of Rejoicing Saved 5 Years BFF of Jesus Gunfest '14 Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Probing for Jesus Wall of Jesus Alternative Facts 20,000 posts Crown of Righteousness 

 
Posts: 20,648
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Freehold, Iowa
Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: World’s smartest man debunks secular archaeology and history - 07-07-2013, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SciencefortheFools View Post
And these false statistics didn't form your computers, cars, planes, trains, phones, Televisions and every electronic object you use on a daily basis.

Where's your proof? I mean, you can believe in whatever fantasy world you want with your own imagined reality, but if you want me to believe you, I am going to need some actual proof that you aren't some crazy idiot. Some do that, rarely. You know how we KNOW some do that? Because other scientists find their mistakes and/or dishonesty, and point it out. And here's the fun part: the scientific method is self-correcting, so that if one (or even many) scientists act dishonestly, their dishonesty will be discovered and discarded. How about that.
Don't be obtuse. False statistics don't form computers because they won't form anything. They'll be argued about, paraded on the cover of prideful magazines like "Science" and "Nature," and people will go to conferences to rub elbows with similarly deluded individuals. The Truth©, however, will always come out. A few examples for your consideration:
  • Both man and woman possess the seed of life (Genesis 3:15) discovered by man in 17th century
  • Earth is held in place by invisible forces (Job 26:7) discovered by man in 1650
  • Blood is necessary for life (Leviticus 17:11) discovered by man in 19th century
  • Oceans have natural paths in them (Psalms 8:8) discovered by man in1854
  • Light is a particle and has mass (a photon) (Job 38:19) discovered by man in 1932
  • Stars give off signals (Job 38:7) discovered by man in 1945
  • Oceans contain fresh water springs (Job 38:16) discovered by man in 1920
  • Dust is important to survival (Isaiah 40:12) discovered by man in 1935
  • Hubert Spencer's scientific principles (Genesis 1) discovered by man in 1820
  • Air has weight (Job 28:25) discovered by man in the 16th century
  • Light can be split up into component colors (Job 38:24) discovered by man in 1650
  • Matter is made up of invisible particles (Romans 1:20) discovered by man in 20th century
  • Water cycle (Ecclesiastes 1:7) discovered by man in 17th century
  • Lightning and thunder are related (Job 38:25) discovered by man in 19th century


Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Reply With Quote
(#8)
Old
ScienceisforFools ScienceisforFools is offline
Unsaved trash, scottish monkey worshiper
 
 
Posts: 59
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Signing up for rehab
ScienceisforFools is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.ScienceisforFools is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.ScienceisforFools is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.ScienceisforFools is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.ScienceisforFools is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.ScienceisforFools is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: World’s smartest man debunks secular archaeology and history - 07-07-2013, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda View Post
False statistics don't form computers because they won't form anything.
Good, so, real statistics, which are not falsified, from scientists created your computers, cars, planes, trains, phones, Televisions and every electronic object you use on a daily basis.


Psalm 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done
abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Reply With Quote
(#9)
Old
Mary Etheldreda's Avatar
Mary Etheldreda Mary Etheldreda is online now
Gushing for Jesus
 

Protected by JESUS Christian Love Heaven Bound Ready for the Rapture Cleanest Kitchen Ex-Mary Worshipper True Christian™ Real American™ True Christian Caucasian Persecuted Pro-Life Most Obedient Friend of Jesus True Christian Homemaker True Christian Beauty 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College True Republican Mother of 1 boy or 2.5 girls Quiverful Mother of 2 boys or 5 girls Super Soaker Baptism Award 3rd Year Bible College One Year/1000 posts True Christian Lady Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Tomato Staker Hatchet Child Rearing Award Kirk Cameron Fan Club Saved 1 Year Prayer Warrior The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking The Hatchet Child Rearing Award 4th Year Bible College Paula Deen Negro Support Group TC Bravery Touched by Jesus Heart of compassion Babysitter Stamp of Approval Home Schooled Trump of GOD Rick Perry's Niggerhead Ranch The Lord’s Witness Wound The Lord’s Witness Wound Donald Trump 2016! Trumpette Anti-sodomy Mama Grizzly Platinum Tither Best stoning bucket 2015 Witch Hunt Award Hands Off Pastor Ezekiel Crown of Glory Crown of Rejoicing Saved 5 Years BFF of Jesus Gunfest '14 Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Probing for Jesus Wall of Jesus Alternative Facts 20,000 posts Crown of Righteousness 

 
Posts: 20,648
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Freehold, Iowa
Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: World’s smartest man debunks secular archaeology and history - 07-07-2013, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SciencefortheFools View Post
Good, so, real statistics, which are not falsified, from scientists created your computers, cars, planes, trains, phones, Televisions and every electronic object you use on a daily basis.
You seem to have a mistaken impression that I do not recognize we live in a world of Order and Beauty, that everything must be chaotic and random and senseless. That is the argument of evolutionists, dear, not me.



Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Reply With Quote
(#10)
Old
Alphonse Alban's Avatar
Alphonse Alban Alphonse Alban is offline
Apostle to the Samites and Laplander Eskimos.
 

Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Real American™ True Christian Caucasian Ready for the Rapture Friend of Jesus True Christian™ Ex-Masturbator Flat Earth Tell her once Bronze Tither Christian Love Porn Resistant Iceland Honorary Ex-Eskimo Pro-Life Public Awareness Medal Punched the most queers Persecuted One Year/1000 posts Ex-Scandinavian TC Bravery Eats the Most Pork True Republican Ex-eurotrash 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Saved 1 Year Prayer Warrior Touched by Jesus Babysitter Donald Trump 2016! Pancake Dinner Anti-sodomy Crown of Life True Heterosexual™ Saved 5 Years Mower Alternative Facts 

 
Posts: 5,683
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Surrounded by feral eskimos.
Alphonse Alban will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alphonse Alban will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alphonse Alban will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alphonse Alban will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alphonse Alban will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alphonse Alban will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alphonse Alban will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alphonse Alban will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alphonse Alban will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alphonse Alban will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alphonse Alban will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: World’s smartest man debunks secular archaeology and history - 07-09-2013, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SciencefortheFools View Post
Evolution is a facts.
It's not a fact, it's a secular theory. In science they always call things as theories when they are not sure about them. Such as theory of gravitation, theory of dark matter and this theory of evilution.
Reply With Quote
(#11)
Old
ScienceisforFools ScienceisforFools is offline
Unsaved trash, scottish monkey worshiper
 
 
Posts: 59
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Signing up for rehab
ScienceisforFools is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.ScienceisforFools is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.ScienceisforFools is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.ScienceisforFools is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.ScienceisforFools is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.ScienceisforFools is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: World’s smartest man debunks secular archaeology and history - 07-09-2013, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphonse Alban View Post
It's not a fact, it's a secular theory. In science they always call things as theories when they are not sure about them. Such as theory of gravitation, theory of dark matter and this theory of evilution.
No, that's not true. In the scientific sense, and not in common parlance, a theory is the best possible explanation we have to explain a specific aspect of nature. It isn't an indication that we aren't sure of something, it's our deepest understanding to date. That doesn't mean we know everything about a topic. What it means is that we have observed a phenonomen. We have formed a tenative explanation of it--an hypothesis. We devise a way of testing the hypothesis, and preform the test. We modify the hypothesis to match the outcome of the test, and repeat as needed. When an hypothesis is rigorous enough to stand up to all of the tests we can think of, it becomes a theory.

Theory of gravity: we have a very good understanding of how gravity behaves--we are able to send spacecraft billions of miles away with perfect confidence they will arrive when and where we expect, based on that understanding. Have we been able to merge gravity with quantum physics? Not yet, but research is being done toward such ends.

"Theory of Dark Matter" No such thing. Dark matter is at best an hypothesis, and an as yet untested one.

Theory of Evolution: probably the most well supported scientific theory ever devised. There are both virtual and literal mountains of evidence supporting evolution--there is absolutely no doubt it is correct, thus becoming a fact. The only people who doubt it are those believers in unsupportable and unproven supernatural superstitious nonsense. You know who I mean.


Psalm 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done
abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Reply With Quote
(#12)
Old
Mary Etheldreda's Avatar
Mary Etheldreda Mary Etheldreda is online now
Gushing for Jesus
 

Protected by JESUS Christian Love Heaven Bound Ready for the Rapture Cleanest Kitchen Ex-Mary Worshipper True Christian™ Real American™ True Christian Caucasian Persecuted Pro-Life Most Obedient Friend of Jesus True Christian Homemaker True Christian Beauty 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College True Republican Mother of 1 boy or 2.5 girls Quiverful Mother of 2 boys or 5 girls Super Soaker Baptism Award 3rd Year Bible College One Year/1000 posts True Christian Lady Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Tomato Staker Hatchet Child Rearing Award Kirk Cameron Fan Club Saved 1 Year Prayer Warrior The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking The Hatchet Child Rearing Award 4th Year Bible College Paula Deen Negro Support Group TC Bravery Touched by Jesus Heart of compassion Babysitter Stamp of Approval Home Schooled Trump of GOD Rick Perry's Niggerhead Ranch The Lord’s Witness Wound The Lord’s Witness Wound Donald Trump 2016! Trumpette Anti-sodomy Mama Grizzly Platinum Tither Best stoning bucket 2015 Witch Hunt Award Hands Off Pastor Ezekiel Crown of Glory Crown of Rejoicing Saved 5 Years BFF of Jesus Gunfest '14 Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Probing for Jesus Wall of Jesus Alternative Facts 20,000 posts Crown of Righteousness 

 
Posts: 20,648
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Freehold, Iowa
Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: World’s smartest man debunks secular archaeology and history - 07-09-2013, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SciencefortheFools View Post
No, that's not true. In the scientific sense, and not in common parlance, a theory is the best possible explanation we have to explain a specific aspect of nature.
Sure, until another "best possible explanation we have to explain" comes along. In essence, you're talking about best guesses. Other best guesses, oh excuse me, theories, have included spontaneous generation, Lamarckism, the theory of maternal impression (the theory that the mother's thoughts created birth defects), miasma theory of disease (the theory that diseases are caused by "bad air"), and many others. Just as each one of these has been replaced, so too will the theory of evolution when the next scientific fad comes along. God's Word, on the other hand, never changes.



Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Reply With Quote
(#13)
Old
ScienceisforFools ScienceisforFools is offline
Unsaved trash, scottish monkey worshiper
 
 
Posts: 59
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Signing up for rehab
ScienceisforFools is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.ScienceisforFools is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.ScienceisforFools is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.ScienceisforFools is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.ScienceisforFools is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.ScienceisforFools is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: World’s smartest man debunks secular archaeology and history - 07-09-2013, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda View Post
Sure, until another "best possible explanation we have to explain" comes along. In essence, you're talking about best guesses. Other best guesses, oh excuse me, theories, have included spontaneous generation, Lamarckism, the theory of maternal impression (the theory that the mother's thoughts created birth defects), miasma theory of disease (the theory that diseases are caused by "bad air"), and many others. Just as each one of these has been replaced, so too will the theory of evolution when the next scientific fad comes along. God's Word, on the other hand, never changes.

You have probably convinced yourself that *your* interpretation is correct and any other interpretation is wrong. That is a delusion. It is sad that you think changes in science are a weakness. It's actually its great strength.

The best part about science is that it is always changing, always growing, moving closer to the truth. Science is willing to admit to errors when new evidence shows something is in error, and it will work to correct the error in light of the evidence. Also, "theory" is not a guess in science; it is substantiated by a large body of evidence to account for observation. In that sense, gravity is also a theory, along with microbes, atoms, and cells. The Theory of Evolution overall won't change now, but details within it will as new fossils are found, DNA analysis of more species is done, both of which will give more details of what species evolved from what others.

The Bible doesn't change, even when evidence shows something in it is false or impossible. The failure to accommodate new information makes it dated and unreliable. The earth is not a flat circle like Isaiah 40:22 claims. Christians can't even decide what God's Word says. Some say it's literal, some say it's not. Everyone has a different interpretation. The words might not change, so people change the interpretation to fit the current attitudes and ideals of that age.


Psalm 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done
abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Reply With Quote
(#14)
Old
Alphonse Alban's Avatar
Alphonse Alban Alphonse Alban is offline
Apostle to the Samites and Laplander Eskimos.
 

Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Real American™ True Christian Caucasian Ready for the Rapture Friend of Jesus True Christian™ Ex-Masturbator Flat Earth Tell her once Bronze Tither Christian Love Porn Resistant Iceland Honorary Ex-Eskimo Pro-Life Public Awareness Medal Punched the most queers Persecuted One Year/1000 posts Ex-Scandinavian TC Bravery Eats the Most Pork True Republican Ex-eurotrash 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Saved 1 Year Prayer Warrior Touched by Jesus Babysitter Donald Trump 2016! Pancake Dinner Anti-sodomy Crown of Life True Heterosexual™ Saved 5 Years Mower Alternative Facts 

 
Posts: 5,683
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Surrounded by feral eskimos.
Alphonse Alban will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alphonse Alban will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alphonse Alban will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alphonse Alban will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alphonse Alban will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alphonse Alban will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alphonse Alban will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alphonse Alban will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alphonse Alban will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alphonse Alban will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alphonse Alban will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: World’s smartest man debunks secular archaeology and history - 07-09-2013, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SciencefortheFools View Post
No, that's not true. In the scientific sense, and not in common parlance, a theory is the best possible explanation we have to explain a specific aspect of nature.
Are past theories still best possible explanations you have to explain a specific aspect of nature? Even when new theory has replaced it and is only waiting for yet another new theory to take it's place. Note, possible explanation, not fact.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SciencefortheFools View Post
Theory of gravity: we have a very good understanding of how gravity behaves--
Again, understanding, not fact. In fact, you need the hypothesis of dark matter to make current theory of gravitation to work. If there is no dark matter, universe and gravitation as secular science it sees cannot exist.

Tell me now, how can something be considered even remotely fact if it needs hypothesis of some other thing to work?
Reply With Quote
(#15)
Old
Mary Etheldreda's Avatar
Mary Etheldreda Mary Etheldreda is online now
Gushing for Jesus
 

Protected by JESUS Christian Love Heaven Bound Ready for the Rapture Cleanest Kitchen Ex-Mary Worshipper True Christian™ Real American™ True Christian Caucasian Persecuted Pro-Life Most Obedient Friend of Jesus True Christian Homemaker True Christian Beauty 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College True Republican Mother of 1 boy or 2.5 girls Quiverful Mother of 2 boys or 5 girls Super Soaker Baptism Award 3rd Year Bible College One Year/1000 posts True Christian Lady Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Tomato Staker Hatchet Child Rearing Award Kirk Cameron Fan Club Saved 1 Year Prayer Warrior The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking The Hatchet Child Rearing Award 4th Year Bible College Paula Deen Negro Support Group TC Bravery Touched by Jesus Heart of compassion Babysitter Stamp of Approval Home Schooled Trump of GOD Rick Perry's Niggerhead Ranch The Lord’s Witness Wound The Lord’s Witness Wound Donald Trump 2016! Trumpette Anti-sodomy Mama Grizzly Platinum Tither Best stoning bucket 2015 Witch Hunt Award Hands Off Pastor Ezekiel Crown of Glory Crown of Rejoicing Saved 5 Years BFF of Jesus Gunfest '14 Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Probing for Jesus Wall of Jesus Alternative Facts 20,000 posts Crown of Righteousness 

 
Posts: 20,648
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Freehold, Iowa
Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: World’s smartest man debunks secular archaeology and history - 07-09-2013, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SciencefortheFools View Post
You have probably convinced yourself that *your* interpretation is correct and any other interpretation is wrong. That is a delusion. It is sad that you think changes in science are a weakness. It's actually its great strength.
Oh, well, if you say so.



Quote:
Originally Posted by SciencefortheFools View Post
The best part about science is that it is always changing, always growing, moving closer to the truth. Science is willing to admit to errors when new evidence shows something is in error, and it will work to correct the error in light of the evidence. Also, "theory" is not a guess in science; it is substantiated by a large body of evidence to account for observation. In that sense, gravity is also a theory, along with microbes, atoms, and cells. The Theory of Evolution overall won't change now, but details within it will as new fossils are found, DNA analysis of more species is done, both of which will give more details of what species evolved from what others.
Son, I'm afraid society has done you a great disservice. You've been brainwashed into thinking the best thing about science is that it's not consistent, always changes its mind, grabs onto whatever new scientific idea is fashionable at the time. You've been tricked into thinking this is somehow evidence that moving closer to the truth (and of course how would anyone know what the Truth is when it's always changing?). Frankly speaking, this is foolish. You should be embarrassed. I'm embarrassed for you. You've been duped by Big Pharma who spews this garbage out for the sake of profit, and you eat it up like a pig at the trough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SciencefortheFools View Post
The Bible doesn't change, even when evidence shows something in it is false or impossible. The failure to accommodate new information makes it dated and unreliable. The earth is not a flat circle like Isaiah 40:22 claims. Christians can't even decide what God's Word says. Some say it's literal, some say it's not. Everyone has a different interpretation. The words might not change, so people change the interpretation to fit the current attitudes and ideals of that age.
People can have any interpretation they want, it doesn't change what the Bible actually says, and what it actually means (hint - it says what it means, and it means what it says). The Bible doesn't change because the Truth© doesn't change. If the Bible did change, it would be unreliable, just like your science.


Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Reply With Quote
(#16)
Old
ScienceisforFools ScienceisforFools is offline
Unsaved trash, scottish monkey worshiper
 
 
Posts: 59
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Signing up for rehab
ScienceisforFools is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.ScienceisforFools is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.ScienceisforFools is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.ScienceisforFools is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.ScienceisforFools is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.ScienceisforFools is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: World’s smartest man debunks secular archaeology and history - 07-11-2013, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphonse Alban View Post
Are past theories still best possible explanations you have to explain a specific aspect of nature? Even when new theory has replaced it and is only waiting for yet another new theory to take it's place. Note, possible explanation, not fact.

Again, understanding, not fact. In fact, you need the hypothesis of dark matter to make current theory of gravitation to work. If there is no dark matter, universe and gravitation as secular science it sees cannot exist.
Good scientific theories aren't replaced, but expanded upon.

Newton's theory of gravity had problems, namely:
1) It couldn't predict irregularities in the orbit of Mercury
2) It couldn't explain how the force of gravity was transmitted

When Einstein came along and introduced relativity, the first problem was resolved. Newtonian mechanics still worked wonderfully, but only at non-relativistic velocities. But Relativity still had trouble because it didn't explain how gravity was transmitted and with the discovery of quantum mechanics, there was an instant problem because it was impossible to describe relativity on a quantum scale

Now we're entering into quantum gravity and the discovery of the Higgs boson. Our understanding of gravity is getting better which allows us to further refine and complete the theory.

Scientific theories are based on facts - old theories are discarded when new ones are formulated but no theory is ever considered proved - they are all incomplete and grow as our knowledge increases yet the facts and proved hypotheses within theories remain facts.

Einstein's theory of general relativity is our current theory of gravity - it posits that gravity bends 4-dimensional space - this is supported by facts, yet it's incomplete. We also have several quantum theories of gravity that require the exchange of gravitons between massive objects - these are also supported by facts (yet incomplete). All theories of gravity include Newton's law of gravity which simply measures the force of attraction not the reason why it's there - also this law has been modified after Einstein proved it was not entirely universal in scope (it fails for objects moving at relativistic speeds).

It's unfortunate that modern physics cannot combine Relativity with quantum theory - both theories are wildly accurate at predicting physical events but we know they are both incomplete, so what gravity actually is and how it manifests and propagates, are still open questions - of course there's no doubt it exists, so gravity IS a fact.

To reinforce what I said, you really need to take some time to understand what scientists mean by hypothesis, fact, and theory

A fact is something quantifiable. It is a fact that the speed of light in a vacuum is 299792458 meters per second. You can test it and verify it.

A hypothesis is a testable question. You ask a question about a subject, make a prediction, and test it. A hypothesis, by definition, must be possible to refute (there has to be some way that the prediction can be tested and found wrong), but the hypothesis itself is only a thought until it is tested.

A theory is a collection of confirmed hypotheses and facts that describe the nature of something. A theory must be testable, verifiable, and falsifiable. It must be able to make predictions and it must include all relevant information about its subject. This is why creationists sound like mormons when they say things like, "The Theory of evolution can't explain how life started or how the universe began." The theory of evolution doesn't address those things at all. The theory on how life started is called the Theory of Abiogenesis. Evolution doesn't deal with how life started, instead it deals with what life is doing once it exists. Similarly, The biological theory of evolution doesn't address the origin of the cosmos, because that would be astronomy and cosmology. That's like saying that the theory of gravity is pure crap because it can't explain a nuclear explosion.

So all I can tell you is that you need to educate yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphonse Alban View Post
Tell me now, how can something be considered even remotely fact if it needs hypothesis of some other thing to work?
Because in very many other situations the theory gives answers which are more accurate than any other explanation. The fact that Newtonian gravity works pretty well for flying to the moon and general planetary motion in our solar system indicates it is more or less a good model. The fact that General Relativity explains the shortcomings of Newton's model, and that we have verified varies forms of time dilation, indicates that GR is an even more complete model.

Even if the GR model is incomplete, the next model will still have to simplify to GR and Newton in the cases we commonly use.

Dark matter, or whatever it turns out to be, is unlikely to be a systematic error in modelling gravity, the effects we see have too much local variation. You can't really hope to explain an isolated case of gravitational lensing around a non shining centre, as being due to a new theory of gravity which happens to cause lensing in that specific place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda View Post
You've been tricked into thinking this is somehow evidence that moving closer to the truth
You've been tricked into thinking the Bible is evidence for God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda View Post
You should be embarrassed. I'm embarrassed for you.
I can say the same for you. Believing the Earth is Flat, other planets don't exist, there's a firmament around the Earth, the Sun is 500 miles away - all this is foolish because you deny the evidence that is easily available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda View Post
People can have any interpretation they want, it doesn't change what the Bible actually says, and what it actually means
If you put your own interpretation on the Bible like all Christians do, how do you know what it actually means?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda View Post
The Bible doesn't change because the Truth© doesn't change.
How do you know it's true?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda View Post
just like your science.
We change based on evidence.


Psalm 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done
abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Reply With Quote
(#17)
Old
Mary Etheldreda's Avatar
Mary Etheldreda Mary Etheldreda is online now
Gushing for Jesus
 

Protected by JESUS Christian Love Heaven Bound Ready for the Rapture Cleanest Kitchen Ex-Mary Worshipper True Christian™ Real American™ True Christian Caucasian Persecuted Pro-Life Most Obedient Friend of Jesus True Christian Homemaker True Christian Beauty 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College True Republican Mother of 1 boy or 2.5 girls Quiverful Mother of 2 boys or 5 girls Super Soaker Baptism Award 3rd Year Bible College One Year/1000 posts True Christian Lady Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Tomato Staker Hatchet Child Rearing Award Kirk Cameron Fan Club Saved 1 Year Prayer Warrior The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking The Hatchet Child Rearing Award 4th Year Bible College Paula Deen Negro Support Group TC Bravery Touched by Jesus Heart of compassion Babysitter Stamp of Approval Home Schooled Trump of GOD Rick Perry's Niggerhead Ranch The Lord’s Witness Wound The Lord’s Witness Wound Donald Trump 2016! Trumpette Anti-sodomy Mama Grizzly Platinum Tither Best stoning bucket 2015 Witch Hunt Award Hands Off Pastor Ezekiel Crown of Glory Crown of Rejoicing Saved 5 Years BFF of Jesus Gunfest '14 Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Probing for Jesus Wall of Jesus Alternative Facts 20,000 posts Crown of Righteousness 

 
Posts: 20,648
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Freehold, Iowa
Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: World’s smartest man debunks secular archaeology and history - 07-11-2013, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScienceisforFools View Post

You've been tricked into thinking the Bible is evidence for God.
No dear, the Bible has been confirmed as evidence for God in many ways. People who aren't prideful and stubborn are able to see this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScienceisforFools View Post
I can say the same for you. Believing the Earth is Flat, other planets don't exist, there's a firmament around the Earth, the Sun is 500 miles away - all this is foolish because you deny the evidence that is easily available.
No, it denies the stories you've been led to trust as evidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScienceisforFools View Post
If you put your own interpretation on the Bible like all Christians do, how do you know what it actually means?
I don't. I let the Holy Bible speak for itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScienceisforFools View Post
How do you know it's true?
It's been confirmed many times, publicly and privately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScienceisforFools View Post
We change based on evidence.
You change based on what is fashionable at the time.


Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Reply With Quote
(#18)
Old
Mary Etheldreda's Avatar
Mary Etheldreda Mary Etheldreda is online now
Gushing for Jesus
 

Protected by JESUS Christian Love Heaven Bound Ready for the Rapture Cleanest Kitchen Ex-Mary Worshipper True Christian™ Real American™ True Christian Caucasian Persecuted Pro-Life Most Obedient Friend of Jesus True Christian Homemaker True Christian Beauty 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College True Republican Mother of 1 boy or 2.5 girls Quiverful Mother of 2 boys or 5 girls Super Soaker Baptism Award 3rd Year Bible College One Year/1000 posts True Christian Lady Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Tomato Staker Hatchet Child Rearing Award Kirk Cameron Fan Club Saved 1 Year Prayer Warrior The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking The Hatchet Child Rearing Award 4th Year Bible College Paula Deen Negro Support Group TC Bravery Touched by Jesus Heart of compassion Babysitter Stamp of Approval Home Schooled Trump of GOD Rick Perry's Niggerhead Ranch The Lord’s Witness Wound The Lord’s Witness Wound Donald Trump 2016! Trumpette Anti-sodomy Mama Grizzly Platinum Tither Best stoning bucket 2015 Witch Hunt Award Hands Off Pastor Ezekiel Crown of Glory Crown of Rejoicing Saved 5 Years BFF of Jesus Gunfest '14 Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Probing for Jesus Wall of Jesus Alternative Facts 20,000 posts Crown of Righteousness 

 
Posts: 20,648
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Freehold, Iowa
Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: World’s smartest man debunks secular archaeology and history - 07-11-2013, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScienceisforFools View Post

You've been tricked into thinking the Bible is evidence for God.
No dear, the Bible has been confirmed as evidence for God in many ways. People who aren't prideful and stubborn are able to see this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScienceisforFools View Post
I can say the same for you. Believing the Earth is Flat, other planets don't exist, there's a firmament around the Earth, the Sun is 500 miles away - all this is foolish because you deny the evidence that is easily available.
No, it denies the stories you've been led to trust as evidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScienceisforFools View Post
If you put your own interpretation on the Bible like all Christians do, how do you know what it actually means?
I don't. I let the Holy Bible speak for itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScienceisforFools View Post
How do you know it's true?
It's been confirmed many times, publicly and privately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScienceisforFools View Post
We change based on evidence.
You change based on what is fashionable at the time.


Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Reply With Quote
(#19)
Old
ScienceisforFools ScienceisforFools is offline
Unsaved trash, scottish monkey worshiper
 
 
Posts: 59
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Signing up for rehab
ScienceisforFools is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.ScienceisforFools is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.ScienceisforFools is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.ScienceisforFools is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.ScienceisforFools is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.ScienceisforFools is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: World’s smartest man debunks secular archaeology and history - 07-11-2013, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda View Post
No dear, the Bible has been confirmed as evidence for God in many ways.
Such as...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda View Post
No, it denies the stories you've been led to trust as evidence.
We know the earth isn't flat because we ca n calculate its circumference, together with going out into space to find out for ourselves. We know the sun isn't 500 miles away because we can calculate its distance. We know other planets do exist because we can observe them ourselves. We know there isn't a firmament because we've been into space. The evidence is factual and reliable evidence you can do yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda View Post
I don't. I let the Holy Bible speak for itself.
...Until you put your own interpretation into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda View Post
It's been confirmed many times, publicly and privately.
Such as...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda View Post
You change based on what is fashionable at the time.
We change based on evidence.


Psalm 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done
abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Reply With Quote
(#20)
Old
Mary Etheldreda's Avatar
Mary Etheldreda Mary Etheldreda is online now
Gushing for Jesus
 

Protected by JESUS Christian Love Heaven Bound Ready for the Rapture Cleanest Kitchen Ex-Mary Worshipper True Christian™ Real American™ True Christian Caucasian Persecuted Pro-Life Most Obedient Friend of Jesus True Christian Homemaker True Christian Beauty 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College True Republican Mother of 1 boy or 2.5 girls Quiverful Mother of 2 boys or 5 girls Super Soaker Baptism Award 3rd Year Bible College One Year/1000 posts True Christian Lady Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Tomato Staker Hatchet Child Rearing Award Kirk Cameron Fan Club Saved 1 Year Prayer Warrior The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking The Hatchet Child Rearing Award 4th Year Bible College Paula Deen Negro Support Group TC Bravery Touched by Jesus Heart of compassion Babysitter Stamp of Approval Home Schooled Trump of GOD Rick Perry's Niggerhead Ranch The Lord’s Witness Wound The Lord’s Witness Wound Donald Trump 2016! Trumpette Anti-sodomy Mama Grizzly Platinum Tither Best stoning bucket 2015 Witch Hunt Award Hands Off Pastor Ezekiel Crown of Glory Crown of Rejoicing Saved 5 Years BFF of Jesus Gunfest '14 Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Probing for Jesus Wall of Jesus Alternative Facts 20,000 posts Crown of Righteousness 

 
Posts: 20,648
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Freehold, Iowa
Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: World’s smartest man debunks secular archaeology and history - 07-11-2013, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScienceisforFools View Post
Such as...
Confirmed evidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScienceisforFools View Post
We know the earth isn't flat because we ca n calculate its circumference, together with going out into space to find out for ourselves. We know the sun isn't 500 miles away because we can calculate its distance. We know other planets do exist because we can observe them ourselves. We know there isn't a firmament because we've been into space. The evidence is factual and reliable evidence you can do yourself.
No, you're guessing the calculations based on the assumption your conclusion will support the hypothesis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScienceisforFools View Post
...Until you put your own interpretation into it.
Which I don't. No True Christian™ does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScienceisforFools View Post
Such as...
Start here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScienceisforFools View Post
We change based on evidence.
You change based on what's fashionable. Then you find new "evidence" to lend support. Global cooling was popular in the 1970's, and now it's all about global warming. Whatever is stylish at the time, that's what scientists will find their so-called "evidence" to support.


Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
archaeology, history, progress, solomon, wisdom

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Find Additional Forums Here



Powered by Jesus - vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Content Landover Baptist Forums © 1620, 2016 all rights reserved