Go Back   The Landover Baptist Church Forum > Church Forums > Focus on Family - Christian Parenting
Reload this Page Parents Of Children Who Question Faith
Focus on Family - Christian Parenting A place where parents can get good Godly advice on how to raise a family: how to properly administer corporal punishment, which movies to avoid, and more!

(#1)
Old
Gushing for Jesus

Protected by JESUS Christian Love Heaven Bound Ready for the Rapture Cleanest Kitchen Ex-Mary Worshipper True Christian™ Real American™ True Christian Caucasian Persecuted Pro-Life Most Obedient Friend of Jesus True Christian Homemaker True Christian Beauty 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College True Republican Mother of 1 boy or 2.5 girls Quiverful Mother of 2 boys or 5 girls Super Soaker Baptism Award 3rd Year Bible College One Year/1000 posts True Christian Lady Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Tomato Staker Hatchet Child Rearing Award Kirk Cameron Fan Club Saved 1 Year Prayer Warrior The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking The Hatchet Child Rearing Award 4th Year Bible College Paula Deen Negro Support Group TC Bravery Touched by Jesus Heart of compassion Babysitter Stamp of Approval Home Schooled Trump of GOD Rick Perry's Niggerhead Ranch The Lord’s Witness Wound The Lord’s Witness Wound Donald Trump 2016! Trumpette Anti-sodomy Mama Grizzly Platinum Tither Best stoning bucket 2015 Witch Hunt Award Hands Off Pastor Ezekiel Crown of Glory Crown of Rejoicing Saved 5 Years BFF of Jesus Gunfest '14 Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Probing for Jesus Wall of Jesus Alternative Facts 20,000 posts Crown of Righteousness Flat Earth Anti-abortion GLORY Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus Team Fortress Rebuker Extraordinaire Proud TP Rebuker for Christ Anti-Biden Public Awareness Medal

Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Parents Of Children Who Question Faith - 04-05-2013, 04:23 AM

Satan has his hand deep in our youth! Using modern media like youtube, he is not only wooing our young to leave the faith, but now trying to convince parents to let them go.

Oh friends, I am so upset I am shaking as I write this. Let us gather as many prayer warriors as we can to rebuke the work of Satan, rebuke his demonic attack against our children!

Here is the video. I strongly urge people to skip this video unless they are True Christians™, and therefore armed with the whole armor of God (Ephesians 6:10-18).

Friends, let's use this opportunity to witness the LORD's might. Let's use this opportunity to encourage each other to stand firm in raising our children to fear God and fear His Good Wrath. Let's use this thread to help each other avoid this phone call in our own homes.

I'll start.

I would advice young mothers out there to make sure they show their child the need to believe in and accept Jesus as their LORD and Master from a young age! This cannot EVER be underestimated. Use Bible stories, personal experiences, current events, ANYTHING to show your child that life is precious and at any moment the LORD could snuff the breath right out of their little lungs. Remind them He would be wise and righteous to do such a thing (Psalm 145:17), and that they ought to be grateful for the breaths they've had thus far, and to not take them for granted. Teach them the value of reading and believing what they read in the Holy Bible. Let them know that God knows they have sinned, they have committed evil acts (Romans 3:10-18). Teach them that because God is perfect and the ultimate in Goodness (Psalm 100:5; Psalm 106:1; Psalm 107:1; Psalm 135:3; 1 Chronicles 16:34; ), he is disgusted and disappointed and madder than spit at their sinfulness. Essentially, He can’t stand them, and because He is God, He doesn’t have to because no one can make Him. Remind your children that God has decided that they deserve nothing less than eternal torture, and pain, and agony for having made a perfect God mad at them with the way they are not perfect. Remind them of their imperfections often. Point out their faults constantly. Let them know it's not just what they do, but what they think that makes Jesus cry (Psalm 139:2). Show them pictures of Christ suffering on the Cross because of what He knew they were going to do 2000 years later (1 Peter 3:18). Don't let your kids grow up to think the A[theist] Word is anything but trouble.

You can email any pastor if you are a youth who is struggling with your faith. If you have any disgusting sins or horrible behaviors you need to confess, confidentiality is guaranteed. More importantly, by following the advice of the Pastors and establishing an appropriate tithing schedule, your Salvation© can be guaranteed!

Praise Jesus, and don't wait to train up your child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. (Proverbs 22:6).

Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

(#2)
Old
True Christian Lady™, Certified Best Friend of Jesus
True Christian™

Protected by JESUS Heaven Bound Ready for the Rapture Friend of Jesus Prayer Warrior Kirk Cameron Fan Club Cleanest Kitchen Most Obedient Real American™ Pro-Life Paula Deen Negro Support Group Cleanest Kitchen True Christian Homemaker Most Obedient In Love With Zeke True Christian™

Mary Thompson has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureMary Thompson has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureMary Thompson has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureMary Thompson has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureMary Thompson has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureMary Thompson has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureMary Thompson has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureMary Thompson has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureMary Thompson has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureMary Thompson has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureMary Thompson has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapture
Default Re: Parents Of Children Who Question Faith - 04-05-2013, 04:39 AM

Amen, Sister!
I was raised in a God-fearing family and because of that Godly childhood, I am now married to a God-fearing man and bearing him little Soldiers for Christ, it is all because of my righteous beatings I recieved as a child to keep me on the right path.
I have never known anyone who had a Godly childhood, and did not grow into a God-fearing True Christian following the Bible to the letter, that proves Proverbs 22: 6.
YIC
Mary Thompson.

Thinking of Abortion?
That fetus will be in Hell, because they never had a chance to repent their sinful ways (Psalms 51:5) (1 Kings 8:46)
Think of the children. Stop being a slut.
(#3)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

noosab is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Parents Of Children Who Question Faith - 04-05-2013, 09:54 AM

Hello Mary,
I am an Agnostic who was raised in a very religious family. My father is a deacon in the church. My family has chosen to accept me for the way I am. Now does that mean that they don't try to convince me? Of course not. Faith is something you should have within yourself. You may choose to guide someone, but know that you cannot force them to believe in a religion. Spankings and beatings does not help to guide a child. It only helps them become scared of the parent. I personally chose to shy away from religion because I am a firm believer of science. I have read the Bible and Studied every aspect for this religion but in the end science won my heart. It's great to guide someone but just know that you cannot force someone to believe.
(#4)
Old
True Christian™

Protected by JESUS Heaven Bound Ready for the Rapture Friend of Jesus Prayer Warrior Kirk Cameron Fan Club Cleanest Kitchen Most Obedient Real American™ Pro-Life Paula Deen Negro Support Group Cleanest Kitchen True Christian Homemaker Most Obedient In Love With Zeke True Christian™

Mary Thompson has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureMary Thompson has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureMary Thompson has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureMary Thompson has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureMary Thompson has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureMary Thompson has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureMary Thompson has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureMary Thompson has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureMary Thompson has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureMary Thompson has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureMary Thompson has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapture
Default Re: Parents Of Children Who Question Faith - 04-05-2013, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noosab View Post
Hello Mary,
I am an Agnostic who was raised in a very religious family. My father is a deacon in the church. My family has chosen to accept me for the way I am. Now does that mean that they don't try to convince me? Of course not. Faith is something you should have within yourself. You may choose to guide someone, but know that you cannot force them to believe in a religion. Spankings and beatings does not help to guide a child. It only helps them become scared of the parent. I personally chose to shy away from religion because I am a firm believer of science. I have read the Bible and Studied every aspect for this religion but in the end science won my heart. It's great to guide someone but just know that you cannot force someone to believe.
Hey noosab!
Listen, why don't you start a thread of your own in the introduction forum so we can properly get to know you.
If you have any questions, please use the search function and if there are no posts which answer your question, feel free to ask!
Now that that is sorted, why do you hate sweet baby Jesus? You are directly objecting the bible, if your parents have not beaten you, they are false Christians, and they hate you (Proverbs 13: 24).

Thinking of Abortion?
That fetus will be in Hell, because they never had a chance to repent their sinful ways (Psalms 51:5) (1 Kings 8:46)
(#5)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

Default Re: Parents Of Children Who Question Faith - 04-05-2013, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Thompson View Post
Hey noosab!
Listen, why don't you start a thread of your own in the introduction forum so we can properly get to know you.
If you have any questions, please use the search function and if there are no posts which answer your question, feel free to ask!
Now that that is sorted, why do you hate sweet baby Jesus? You are directly objecting the bible, if your parents have not beaten you, they are false Christians, and they hate you (Proverbs 13: 24).
Well Mary I do not hate Jesus. I am just agnostic. This does not mean that I hate anyone. I have chosen not to hate a long tome ago because that goes against my morality. Also my parents choose not to hit us because that is wrong. Do you think Jesus has hit anyone in his life? If you believe in Jesus you follow his actions. And knowing this Jesus does not beat anyone
Because that is a big no no. Also my parents do not hate. Again Jesud does not hate. Mary were you not taught to follow the actions of Jesus?
(#6)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

Default Re: Parents Of Children Who Question Faith - 04-05-2013, 10:24 AM

This is another reason why I chose to shy away from religion because of ludacris beliefs such as beating your children. I weighed my options and researched different beliefs before making my decision. I encourage other people to do so. Just because you are taught one thing all your life does not mean it's true. Maybe you should explore some other options too. You may be surprised
(#7)
Old
True Christian™

Default Re: Parents Of Children Who Question Faith - 04-05-2013, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Well Mary I do not hate Jesus. I am just agnostic. This does not mean that I hate anyone. I have chosen not to hate a long tome ago because that goes against my morality. Also my parents choose not to hit us because that is wrong. Do you think Jesus has hit anyone in his life? If you believe in Jesus you follow his actions. And knowing this Jesus does not beat anyone
Because that is a big no no. Also my parents do not hate. Again Jesud does not hate. Mary were you not taught to follow the actions of Jesus?
Who are you to say that beating children is wrong? Do you know a different Jesus then I do? If you READ the Bible then you would know that if your parents love you, they would beat you! And Jesus never had a wife or any children to beat, so that's why he never beat anyone, you atheist scum think you can go around telling us that we are immoral for following the Bible to the letter, where in the Bible does it say that beating is wrong, book, chapter and verse please.
And for the third time! Please start a thread in the introduction forum so we can properly greet you.

Thinking of Abortion?
(#8)
Old
True Christian™

Default Re: Parents Of Children Who Question Faith - 04-05-2013, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Who are you to say that beating children is wrong? Do you know a different Jesus then I do? If you READ the Bible then you would know that if your parents love you, they would beat you! And Jesus never had a wife or any children to beat, so that's why he never beat anyone, you atheist scum think you can go around telling us that we are immoral for following the Bible to the letter, where in the Bible does it say that beating is wrong, book, chapter and verse please.
And for the third time! Please start a thread in the introduction forum so we can properly greet you.
Oops I'm sorry I made a mistake, Jesus DID beat someone, please forgive me.

Thinking of Abortion?
(#9)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

Default Re: Parents Of Children Who Question Faith - 04-05-2013, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Now now Mary I never said I was an atheist I simply said I was Agnostic. Also based on my morality that is how I feel. It is an opinion that cannot be changed on my part. And according to the bible Jesus is god so therefore we are his children and he has not beat us up. Mary when have I ever stated that you are immoral. Maybe the things you do are
Right for you but they are not right for me. And please do call me
A scum as I have not treated you unfairly. If there is a god than he is the only one who can judge me as none of us are
Perfect
(#10)
Old
PHD - Theophysicist
Saving The Lost With The Truth Of Applied Theoscience
True Christian™

Protected by JESUS Friend of Jesus True Christian™ Heaven Bound Ex-Masturbator Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Flat Earth Tell her once Persecuted Porn Resistant Pro-Life Eats the Most Pork Prayer Warrior Christian Love TC Bravery The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College The Lord’s Witness Wound Early riser True Scientist™ One Year/1000 posts Saved 1 Year Touched by Jesus Stamp of Approval Pancake Dinner Crown of Rejoicing Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Mormon outreach preacher extraordinaire Alternative Facts Saved 5 Years Guns, Guts and GLORY! Trump of GOD Crown of Glory BFF of Jesus Wall of Jesus Crown of Righteousness GLORY Proud Team Fortress Denier Anti-Biden

Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Parents Of Children Who Question Faith - 04-05-2013, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Well Mary I do not hate Jesus. I am just agnostic. This does not mean that I hate anyone.
Traditionally, an agnostic is someone who believes we can't know whether God exists. If that's what you think, I would like to know how you know you can't know. But if that's not what you think, then maybe you're a weak atheist or a fence sitter. Either way, your soul is in peril.

Quote:
I have chosen not to hate a long tome ago because that goes against my morality.
As an agnostic or whatever you are, how do you know right from wrong if you don't pay heed to the Bible?

Quote:
Also my parents choose not to hit us because that is wrong.
Not hitting your children is wrong.

Prov 22:15 Foolishness [is] bound in the heart of a child; [but] the rod of correction shall drive it far from him.

Quote:
Do you think Jesus has hit anyone in his life?
Yes.

Jn 2:13b-15 Jesus went up to Jerusalem, and found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting: and when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables;

Quote:
If you believe in Jesus you follow his actions.
That's correct. The Apostle Paul said:

1 Cor 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also [am] of Christ.

Quote:
Again Jesus does not hate.
Jesus hates those who belong to pseudo-Christian sects, such as the Nicolaitans.

Rev 2:6 But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.

You talk about Jesus as if you believe He is a real person (which of course He is), but apart from the Bible, what evidence do you have that He ever existed? It seems to me that you believe things you think the Bible says. You need to know what it says.

Mt 21:42, 44 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes . . . ? And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

Find out what the Bible says about: Fortnite: Battle Royale, asexuality, shaving, psychiatry, chronic fatigue syndrome, babies
(#11)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

Default Re: Parents Of Children Who Question Faith - 04-05-2013, 11:07 AM

Well I actually don't believe in the bible. I have read it and believed in it at some point. Not literally but metaphorically. There ate just too many things I disagree with so I chose to be agnostic not an atheist because I believe there may or may not be a greater power above us. And yea I do speak about Jesus as a real person because I don't know of he existed or not. I cannot tell you that. But I have told you about the bible. And with regards to the quote you provided about Jesus physically abusing. Again it does not state that it just stated he became angry and flipped the table and told everyone to leave.
(#12)
Old
Former Mary Hailer who has seen The Light©
True Christian™

Ex-Mary Worshipper Protected by JESUS Heaven Bound Ready for the Rapture One Year/1000 posts Christian Love Friend of Jesus True Christian™ Ex-Masturbator Tell her once Flat Earth Porn Resistant Ex-Brit Eats the Most Pork 2011 Witch Hunt Award True Republican Ex-eurotrash True Christian Caucasian Persecuted Punched the most queers Super Soaker Baptism Award TC Bravery True Scientist™ True Heterosexual™ Batman Shooting Survivor True Scientist™ Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Saved 1 Year Prayer Warrior Kirk Cameron Fan Club The Lord’s Witness Wound Pro-Life Teabag Patriot Touched by Jesus Gold Tither Anti-sodomy Hands Off

Location: Surrounded By Married Homos and Baby Killers in Godless England
Redeemed Papist will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Redeemed Papist will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Redeemed Papist will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Redeemed Papist will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Redeemed Papist will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Redeemed Papist will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Redeemed Papist will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Redeemed Papist will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Redeemed Papist will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Redeemed Papist will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Redeemed Papist will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Parents Of Children Who Question Faith - 04-05-2013, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Spankings and beatings does not help to guide a child. It only helps them become scared of the parent.
Proverbs 13:24 He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.

Proverbs 22:15 Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him.
God disagrees. Can you see now why your father is a despicable person who has made you vulnerable to Satan?

Isaiah 34:6 The sword of the LORD is filled with blood, it is made fat with fatness, and with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of the kidneys of rams: for the LORD hath a sacrifice in Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Idumea.

John 5:46,47 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Join me in scoffing at backwards Muslims clinging to their beliefs in the face of the evidence!
The truth about volcanos
Sex and debauchery in public schools
Faith wins over science (explained for even the very stupid)
God Cures AIDS - GLORY!
Desert whale bones prove Great Flood once and for all.
(#13)
Old
Unsaved trash, rabid queer
Under Investigation

Jacobispukesome is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Jacobispukesome is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Jacobispukesome is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Parents Of Children Who Question Faith - 04-05-2013, 04:43 PM

I agrre with you. Beatings doesnt help anyone.
(#14)
Old
Gushing for Jesus

Protected by JESUS Christian Love Heaven Bound Ready for the Rapture Cleanest Kitchen Ex-Mary Worshipper True Christian™ Real American™ True Christian Caucasian Persecuted Pro-Life Most Obedient Friend of Jesus True Christian Homemaker True Christian Beauty 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College True Republican Mother of 1 boy or 2.5 girls Quiverful Mother of 2 boys or 5 girls Super Soaker Baptism Award 3rd Year Bible College One Year/1000 posts True Christian Lady Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Tomato Staker Hatchet Child Rearing Award Kirk Cameron Fan Club Saved 1 Year Prayer Warrior The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking The Hatchet Child Rearing Award 4th Year Bible College Paula Deen Negro Support Group TC Bravery Touched by Jesus Heart of compassion Babysitter Stamp of Approval Home Schooled Trump of GOD Rick Perry's Niggerhead Ranch The Lord’s Witness Wound The Lord’s Witness Wound Donald Trump 2016! Trumpette Anti-sodomy Mama Grizzly Platinum Tither Best stoning bucket 2015 Witch Hunt Award Hands Off Pastor Ezekiel Crown of Glory Crown of Rejoicing Saved 5 Years BFF of Jesus Gunfest '14 Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Probing for Jesus Wall of Jesus Alternative Facts 20,000 posts Crown of Righteousness Flat Earth Anti-abortion GLORY Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus Team Fortress Rebuker Extraordinaire Proud TP Rebuker for Christ Anti-Biden Public Awareness Medal

Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Parents Of Children Who Question Faith - 04-05-2013, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Hello Mary,
Hello noosab, and welcome to our friendly forums!

Quote:
I am an Agnostic who was raised in a very religious family. My father is a deacon in the church. My family has chosen to accept me for the way I am. Now does that mean that they don't try to convince me? Of course not. Faith is something you should have within yourself. You may choose to guide someone, but know that you cannot force them to believe in a religion.
I completely agree! I would never suggest "forcing" a child to believe, because that's not really possible. A child would only grow up to see the manipulative parent's control diminish. No, what I'm suggesting is to encourage a child to know why they need to have faith. Constant reminders help. For example, in the western United States and Hawaii, Americans are understandably anxious about what North Korea might do with regards to launching a nuclear attack. Children are naturally nervous about this as well. I would encourage parents on the west to be honest with their children, let the know the effects of radiation, the burning skin, the blinding light, the coughing up blood and scraping away loose skin, and loosing clumps of hair at a time. Let them know they can expect to see many of their little friends die slow, painful deaths. Remind them their animal pets will die as well, if not from the radiation, then from being left behind as families race to the mountains to escape the fall-out. Children have fabulous imaginations, they can "see" this play out in their little minds. Parents can then, after calming the child down and maybe helping them clean their vomit, remind them that this will be less than what God has in store for sinners who go to Hell. This kind of pain and misery will never stop for the sinner. Remind them that they are sinners, and this is the kind of justice God has set up since Eve ruined things in the Garden. This isn't forcing them to believe, this is letting them have pertinent information so they can make an informed choice.

Quote:
Spankings and beatings does not help to guide a child. It only helps them become scared of the parent. I personally chose to shy away from religion because I am a firm believer of science.
If you believed in science like you say you do, then you would know that "behavioral conditioning" is a powerful tool for guiding behavior. Just as Pavlov got his dogs to salivate at the sound of a bell, the parent can get her child to tremble at the opportunity of sin.

Quote:
I have read the Bible and Studied every aspect for this religion but in the end science won my heart. It's great to guide someone but just know that you cannot force someone to believe.
This is precisely why the Bible warns us about following our hearts.

The heart is deceitful above all things,
and desperately wicked: who can know it?
Jeremiah 17:9

Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

(#15)
Old
PHD - Theophysicist
Saving The Lost With The Truth Of Applied Theoscience
True Christian™

Protected by JESUS Friend of Jesus True Christian™ Heaven Bound Ex-Masturbator Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Flat Earth Tell her once Persecuted Porn Resistant Pro-Life Eats the Most Pork Prayer Warrior Christian Love TC Bravery The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College The Lord’s Witness Wound Early riser True Scientist™ One Year/1000 posts Saved 1 Year Touched by Jesus Stamp of Approval Pancake Dinner Crown of Rejoicing Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Mormon outreach preacher extraordinaire Alternative Facts Saved 5 Years Guns, Guts and GLORY! Trump of GOD Crown of Glory BFF of Jesus Wall of Jesus Crown of Righteousness GLORY Proud Team Fortress Denier Anti-Biden

Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Parents Of Children Who Question Faith - 04-05-2013, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda View Post
Let's use this opportunity to encourage each other to stand firm in raising our children to fear God and fear His Good Wrath. Let's use this thread to help each other avoid this phone call in our own homes.
As a True Christian™ father and husband and covenant head of household, I have followed Joshua's example and exercised free will on behalf my wife and children and decided we would all serve the Lord.

Josh 24:15b But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

It is my duty to raise my children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord (Eph 6:4). I do this by diligently teaching them God's commandments.

Deut 6:6-7 And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: and thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.

I use the rod whenever they go astray. I limit their exposure to the outside world, so that may be "in the world but not of the world" (Jn 17:14-15). I figure that if they grow up isolated they will never really fit into the world anyway even if they want to. I sow distrust in their hearts so that they will be wary of what they hear from unbelievers and reject evolution and other secular teachings. Romans 1:18-32 is a good passage to use, but there are many others. I constantly ridicule unbelievers in their presence.

None of my children are fully grown yet, but they are learning not to think for themselves. I don't expect I'll ever get a call like that lady in the video.

Mt 21:42, 44 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes . . . ? And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

Find out what the Bible says about: Fortnite: Battle Royale, asexuality, shaving, psychiatry, chronic fatigue syndrome, babies