Go Back   The Landover Baptist Church Forum > Church Forums > The introduction forum
Reload this Page Introduction
The introduction forum Attention Unsaved Trash: This the ONLY subforum you can start threads in. Here is where you introduce yourself. Tell us what church you go to and what your favorite Bible verse is and how you came to find Jesus.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
(#1)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

CyberWorshipper is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Introduction - 10-19-2014, 09:51 PM

Hello all, my name is Rue and I am a dedicated, practicing Christian mother. I have dedicated my life to the only god and his son, Jesus Christ. I have been married for 7 years now. My husband is also a dedicated Christian. He's so dedicated, he keeps me in line when I dare to go astray from the Lord's laws. We worship in a barn together every Sunday and other weekdays with our three children - a son, 6 years old, a daughter, 5 years old, and another son, 4 years old. They all happen to be born on the same day: June 6th. I am asking my husband if I can take a break from worshiping in our barn so that I may share in fellowship here, on this wonderful site. I am sure there's plenty to learn from you all. I do have my husband's permission to be on this site.

My favorite bible verse is this one - Exodus 22:18: "Do not allow a sorceress to live." - It's been my favorite since I was in elementary school. So many of my classmates were busy talking about Harry Potter and buying Harry Potter costumes when Halloween came around. I didn't know what Harry Potter was, so I asked my father. He told me that Harry Potter was a series that would put these children on their way to Satan. He said it encouraged witchcraft, an art of the Devil. I began to get angry, thinking of so many popular girls planning to dress up as Hermione Granger, a witch from Harry Potter, and looking at me funny when I didn't know what they were talking about! So my father showed me this bible verse - Exodus 22:18: "Do not allow a sorceress to live." - which cheered me up. I knew they were on their way to Hell and I was right to keep away from it.

My husband's favorite bible verse is 1 Timothy 2:12 "I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, she must be silent."