Go Back   The Landover Baptist Church Forum > Church Forums > Creation Science
Reload this Page Flat Earth? Hell Yes!
Creation Science The origins of life and the earth from a creationist (Biblical) perspective.

(#401)
Old
Senior Pastor
VP of Evangelical Outreach
On FIRE for Jesus
True Christian™

One Year/1000 posts Saved 1 Year Saved 5 Years 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College Saved 10 Years 4th Year Bible College 2008 Witch Hunt Award Long service medal, 1st class Christian Love True Christian™ The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking Tithing Manager True Christian Provider™ award Ribfest '02 Real American™ Senior Pastor Heaven Bound TC Bravery Protected by JESUS Pastor of GOD Ex-Masturbator Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian The Lord’s Witness Wound Jailed for JESUS Teabag Patriot Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Tell her once Persecuted Pro-Life Eats the Most Pork True Republican Guns, Guts and GLORY!

Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Flat Earth? Hell Yes! - 11-12-2008, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throe up View Post
I don't see you answering his question.
That's because you are too lazy to read the whole thread to see which questions have already been asked and answered.

I hate to reward laziness, but here it is again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Billy-Reuben View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandango View Post
So, what this pictures tells us(in less then 1000 words) is that if you continue to go in one direction you'll end up hittind your head in the wall. Right?
That would be the sides of the firmament.

Quote:
BUT, there are also 12 exits. So, how come and we haven't spotted one yet and get out of this flat, pizza-shaped earth?
I'm not sure, but I would assume they are guarded by angels.

Quote:
Also, in a flat erth we would be able to see the sun at all times, ergo it would be day all the time.
The sun is probably directed light, like a spotlight. That's why it can be sunny in one place, twilight in another, and dark in yet another.

Quote:
And, how can this image explain that close to the north/south pole the day/night lasts much longer than 24 hours?
The sun doesn't move in the same path year round. In the summer, the sun moves in a tighter circle closer to the center, meaning the center is always lit, and the edge doesn't get any light at all. In the winter, the sun is in a larger circle following close to the edge, and the center doesn't get any light.

Quote:
Or the fact that when you travel with a ship you see a portion of the land and as you approach slowly you see a bigger part of it?
Because things look smaller when they are further away.

Quote:
Wouldn't be easier for God to make earth sphere-shaped in the first place???
For an omnipotent being, all tasks are equally easy. No matter what shape you pick, it isn't any easier or harder for God to make the earth into that shape.

Pastor Billy-Reuben
Quote:
Maybe your arguments aren't quite as ironclad as you think?
Maybe your questions aren't as stumping as you think.

Quote:
Also, as to your "gravity bending light" idea, I think I can put that to rest.
First, we have the equation for the force of gravity between two objects.

F=G* (M#1 *M#2)/ D^2

F= 2.1963643*10^-23
So, F= 0.0000000000000000000000021963643
That's an EXTREMELY small number. Almost no effect WHATSOEVER.
But you aren't finished yet. You have correctly calculated the force, but you stopped short of showing the effect of that force upon the photon.

First, let's see what is the effect of the force on the Earth.
2.1963643*10^-23 m∙kg/s2 / 5.96*10 ^24 kg ≅ 3.68*10^-48 m/s2.

So virtually no effect on the Earth.

But, we weren't talking about the effect of the photon on the Earth, were we? We were talking about the bending of light, which is the effect of the force on the photon.
2.1963643*10^-23 m∙kg/s2 / 5.525*10^-36 kg ≅ 3.98*10^13 m/s2, or about 40,000,000,000,000 m/s2.

Of course, that number isn't right because I haven't accounted for relativity, and Newton's laws completely break down when we start talking about numbers this large. Some of the force applied to the photon increases the acceleration, and the rest of the force increases the mass.

However, the number is close enough that we can say that the effect of the Earth's gravity upon the photon is HUGE, and that your attempt to dazzle us with 9th grade physics has utterly failed.

Pastor Billy-Reuben

Upon request I will cite scripture for all these facts in God's Holy Word.

✝ This is a Christian community and we worship GOD of the Holy bible, the only Living GOD. We worship Jesus Christ, Son of GOD and Savior. Anything else is absurd. ✝
Trump / Arpaio 2016 -- The Government We Deserve
#ChristianLivesMatter

(#402)
Old
Unsaved trash

Throe up is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Throe up is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Flat Earth? Hell Yes! - 11-12-2008, 03:37 AM

So you say. I'm not done.

Basically, I'll start off telling you that the assumption that photons have mass is incorrect, since they are wave particles. Got ya there, didn't I?

Photons don't have mass, they momentum. They're affected by gravitational fields not because they have mass, but because gravitational fields (in particular, strong ones) warp space-time. The photons are responding to the curve in space-time made by the gravitational field, not the field itself.

The gravitational field of the Earth is not sufficient to warp space time enough to trap light so that we attain permanent daylight. Since we're using science here, I'll use a star as an example. A star (with a mass and gravitational field far bigger than that of the earth), only SLIGHTLY bends light. Thus, no permanent day for us.

(In case you need a definition of space-time, it's the four dimensions we live in. We have three spacial dimensions, and we have time.)

Jude 1:17 But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;
1:18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.
1:19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit
(#403)
Old
Senior Pastor
On FIRE for Jesus
True Christian™

One Year/1000 posts Saved 1 Year Saved 5 Years 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College Saved 10 Years 4th Year Bible College 2008 Witch Hunt Award Long service medal, 1st class Christian Love True Christian™ The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking Tithing Manager True Christian Provider™ award Ribfest '02 Real American™ Senior Pastor Heaven Bound TC Bravery Protected by JESUS Pastor of GOD Ex-Masturbator Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian The Lord’s Witness Wound Jailed for JESUS Teabag Patriot Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Tell her once Persecuted Pro-Life Eats the Most Pork True Republican Guns, Guts and GLORY!

Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Flat Earth? Hell Yes! - 11-12-2008, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Photons don't have mass, they momentum.
Momentum = Mass * Velocity.
If mass is zero, momentum is zero.

Quote:
They're affected by gravitational fields not because they have mass, but because gravitational fields (in particular, strong ones) warp space-time. The photons are responding to the curve in space-time made by the gravitational field, not the field itself.
If you really believed that, then why did you attempt to use a series of irrelevant equations earlier? Are you learning via Wikipedia as you go along?

Quote:
The gravitational field of the Earth is not sufficient to warp space time enough to trap light so that we attain permanent daylight.
I will expect you to back that up. Show your work and tell us how much space-time is warped by the gravitational field of the Earth, and tell us how much warping would be required, and what would the mass of the Earth need to be, to attain permanent daylight on a sphere with a radius of 6378.137 km.

Quote:
(In case you need a definition of space-time, it's the four dimensions we live in. We have three spacial dimensions, and we have time.)
Last I heard, the scientists thought there were eleven dimensions. Are you behind the times, or were those scientists smoking crack?

Pastor Billy-Reuben

✝ This is a Christian community and we worship GOD of the Holy bible, the only Living GOD. We worship Jesus Christ, Son of GOD and Savior. Anything else is absurd. ✝
#ChristianLivesMatter

(#404)
Old
Unsaved trash

StarrKingGrad is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.StarrKingGrad is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.StarrKingGrad is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.StarrKingGrad is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Flat Earth? Hell Yes! - 11-12-2008, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Billy-Reuben View Post
We were talking about the bending of light, which is the effect of the force on the photon.
2.1963643*10^-23 m∙kg/s2 / 5.525*10^-36 kg ≅ 3.98*10^13 m/s2, or about 40,000,000,000,000 m/s2.
I don't pretend to know much about science, but one of my parishioners is a professor of astrophysics at Cal Berkeley. I ran this by him, and I've rarely seen anyone laugh so hard in my life. He said that your scribblings--and this is a direct quote--"bear as much resemblence to real physics as Gilligan's Island does to the life of real castaways." I'm of a more charitable bent, so I'd like you to submit your calculations for the mass of the photon to the good folks at MIT, since I'm sure that would be quite a revelation to them.

BTW, my astrophysicist parishioner asked me to ask you if your parents were biochemists. I have no idea what he meant by that.

...as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3:12-14 (emphasis mine)
(#405)
Old
Christ's Cōnsiliārius

Pastor Al E Pistle has disabled reputation
Default Re: Flat Earth? Hell Yes! - 11-12-2008, 07:14 AM

Quote:
So you say. I'm not done.

Basically, I'll start off telling you that the assumption that photons have mass is incorrect, since they are wave particles. Got ya there, didn't I?

Photons don't have mass, they momentum. They're affected by gravitational fields not because they have mass, but because gravitational fields (in particular, strong ones) warp space-time. The photons are responding to the curve in space-time made by the gravitational field, not the field itself.

The gravitational field of the Earth is not sufficient to warp space time enough to trap light so that we attain permanent daylight. Since we're using science here, I'll use a star as an example. A star (with a mass and gravitational field far bigger than that of the earth), only SLIGHTLY bends light. Thus, no permanent day for us.

Even if we accept the unsound principles of particle physics, sometimes called quantum theory, there is no such animal as a "wave particle". It has to be one or the other.

First, let me describe the experiment of Schroedinger's cat as explained by my colleague Cecil Adams over at thestraightdope.com.

Here is a letter sent to him by someone as confused as you are:

Cecil, you're my final hope
Of finding out the true Straight Dope
For I have been reading of Schroedinger's cat
But none of my cats are at all like that.
This unusual animal (so it is said)
Is simultaneously live and dead!
What I don't understand is just why he
Can't be one or other, unquestionably.
My future now hangs in between eigenstates.
In one I'm enlightened, the other I ain't.
If you understand, Cecil, then show me the way
And rescue my psyche from quantum decay.
But if this queer thing has perplexed even you,
Then I will and won't see you in Schroedinger's zoo.
— Randy F., Chicago

Dear Randy:
Schroedinger, Erwin! Professor of physics!
Wrote daring equations! Confounded his critics!
(Not bad, eh? Don't worry. This part of the verse
Starts off pretty good, but it gets a lot worse.)
Win saw that the theory that Newton'd invented
By Einstein's discov'ries had been badly dented.
What now? wailed his colleagues. Said Erwin, "Don't panic,
No grease monkey I, but a quantum mechanic.
Consider electrons. Now, these teeny articles
Are sometimes like waves, and then sometimes like particles.
If that's not confusing, the nuclear dance
Of electrons and suchlike is governed by chance!
No sweat, though--my theory permits us to judge
Where some of 'em is and the rest of 'em was."
Not everyone bought this. It threatened to wreck
The comforting linkage of cause and effect.
E'en Einstein had doubts, and so Schroedinger tried
To tell him what quantum mechanics implied.
Said Win to Al, "Brother, suppose we've a cat,
And inside a tube we have put that cat at--
Along with a solitaire deck and some Fritos,
A bottle of Night Train, a couple mosquitoes
(Or something else rhyming) and, oh, if you got 'em,
One vial prussic acid, one decaying ottom
Or atom--whatever--but when it emits,
A trigger device blasts the vial into bits
Which snuffs our poor kitty. The odds of this crime
Are 50 to 50 per hour each time.
The cylinder's sealed. The hour's passed away. Is
Our pussy still purring--or pushing up daisies?
Now, you'd say the cat either lives or it don't
But quantum mechanics is stubborn and won't.
Statistically speaking, the cat (goes the joke),
Is half a cat breathing and half a cat croaked.
To some this may seem a ridiculous split,
But quantum mechanics must answer, "Tough @#&!
We may not know much, but one thing's fo' sho':
There's things in the cosmos that we cannot know.
Shine light on electrons--you'll cause them to swerve.
The act of observing disturbs the observed--
Which ruins your test. But then if there's no testing
To see if a particle's moving or resting
Why try to conjecture? Pure useless endeavor!
We know probability--certainty, never.'
The effect of this notion? I very much fear
'Twill make doubtful all things that were formerly clear.
Till soon the cat doctors will say in reports,
"We've just flipped a coin and we've learned he's a corpse."'
So saith Herr Erwin. Quoth Albert, "You're nuts.
God doesn't play dice with the universe, putz.
I'll prove it!" he said, and the Lord knows he tried--
In vain--until fin'ly he more or less died.
Win spoke at the funeral: "Listen, dear friends,
Sweet Al was my buddy. I must make amends.
Though he doubted my theory, I'll say of this saint:
Ten-to-one he's in heaven--but five bucks says he ain't."
— Cecil Adams

Now then, we have demonstrated that you are wrong about particles. Let us move on to photons, which are particles as well. First, photons are emitted by GOD, and this prove His existence. Second, photons don't stop. They move. If a photon is massless, then staring at the sun cannot harm your vision. But don't try it. Remember what happed to Galileo.

Did you mention Gravity? If Pastor Billy-Reuben did not explain that to your satisfaction, I'll give it a try later. Right now I have to go outside and marvel at the Lesser Light GOD made to light the night sky. The moon! Which glows by itself and would provide warmth and comfort if the Sun went out. Which it can't, because GOD made it too.

Emeritus Professor of the Christ Jesus Chair of Theology at Landover Baptist University.
"God loves you. Let us arrange for you to meet Him".
Break their teeth, O God, in their mouth.--Psalms 58:6

(#406)
Old
HEATHEN — Suspected Witch
Forum Member

Hellbound Heathen Cancer on Society Uppity Woman/Enabler Witch

Rachael Van Helsing is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Rachael Van Helsing is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Rachael Van Helsing is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Rachael Van Helsing is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Rachael Van Helsing is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Rachael Van Helsing is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Rachael Van Helsing is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Rachael Van Helsing is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Rachael Van Helsing is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Rachael Van Helsing is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Rachael Van Helsing is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.
Default Re: Flat Earth? Hell Yes! - 11-12-2008, 12:58 PM

You know, Pastor Al, I don't get why someone who seems as smart as you do subscribes to this whole bible nonsense.

You don't believe in a flat earth as well.....?

Wake up and smell the 21st Century!!
(#407)
Old
Unsaved trash

Throe up is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Throe up is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Flat Earth? Hell Yes! - 11-12-2008, 02:59 PM

Photons are a particle that acts like a wave. Therefore, "wave particle".

1.Light is a special case in terms of momentum. There is no other particle like it.

2. I used a series of irrelevant equations earlier to see if you would pick up on the fact that they were irrelevant before I had to tell you. You didn't.

3. Alright, here we go. To attain permanent daylight, one would have to permanently trap the light from the sun. The gravitational field needed to to that is the gravitational field of a stellar mass black hole, the final point in the life of a star 10 to 15 times the mass of our sun. Our sun has a mass of 1.989*10^30, that would be, at the minimum, 1.989*10^31. The earth, for reference, has a mass of 5.9742*10^24, which is 10000000x less.

I'll even reference the entire equation. G=8(Pi)T, where G is the gravitational field, and T is the mass.

G for a black hole.
G = 8(Pi)(1.989*10^31)
G = 1.5912*10^32 *(Pi) (We'll just go with Pi being 3.14, for simplicity)
G= 4.996368*10^32 (This is the field that the earth would have to have to trap light.)

G for the Earth.
G = 8(Pi) (5.9742*10^24)
G = (Pi) (4.7796*10^25) (Again, 3.14 for Pi)
G = 1.5007944*10^26

Also, there are eleven dimensions suggested by some scientists. These have not yet been proven. Four dimensions is generally accepted, and is the official definition of spacetime.

Jude 1:17 But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;
1:18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.
1:19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit
(#408)
Old
Senior Pastor
On FIRE for Jesus
True Christian™

Default Re: Flat Earth? Hell Yes! - 11-12-2008, 04:13 PM

Quote:
1.Light is a special case in terms of momentum. There is no other particle like it.
Sounds like an ad-hoc theory to me.

Quote:
2. I used a series of irrelevant equations earlier to see if you would pick up on the fact that they were irrelevant before I had to tell you. You didn't.
Sure.

Quote:
To attain permanent daylight, one would have to permanently trap the light from the sun.
Why would light have to be "permanently trapped"? The gravitational field of this hypothetical sphere would only have to be strong enough so that a photon that just misses it is pulled in and strikes the opposite side. Why do you think that the gravitational field has to be so strong that the escape velocity equals or exceeds the speed of light in order to accomplish this? No one said that the photon can't bounce off after it strikes.

This is all irrelevant academics anyway. None of this really matters, because the Earth is not a sphere, and these formulas are all made up by men. Every time a formula gives a result that the scientists don't like, they just change the formula.

Pastor Billy-Reuben

#ChristianLivesMatter

(#409)
Old
Municipal Code Archivist - Deuteronomy 28:58
Christ's Guardian
True Christian™

One Year/1000 posts Saved 1 Year True Christian™ True Christian Provider™ award Ribfest '07 Christian Love Tin Tither Real American™ Cleanest Kitchen Mission to Australia Heaven Bound Tagging for Jesus Protected by JESUS Ex-Masturbator Super Soaker Baptism Award True Christian Hotrodder Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian True Christian Nerd TC Bravery Ex-liberal Ex-Christ-Killer Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Saved 5 Years Tell her once Persecuted Porn Resistant Pro-Life 20,000 posts Eats the Most Pork True Republican Divorcee Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Early riser Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Kirk Cameron Fan Club Prayer Warrior Touched by Jesus Grammar Nazi Pancake Dinner Anti-sodomy Hands Off Pastor Ezekiel Cup of Jesus Trump of GOD Donald Trump 2016! Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Wall of Jesus Alternative Facts Saved 10 Years

Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Flat Earth? Hell Yes! - 11-12-2008, 04:20 PM

Why would you want permanent daylight? Even if you could attain those conditions, would life even be possible there? How would you get evidence that it actually happened?

May you be a blessing to every life you touch.
(#410)
Old
Senior Usher
True Christian™ missionary to the Unsaved Kingdom
A very nice young man
True Christian™

One Year/1000 posts Saved 1 Year True Christian™ Real American™ Long service medal, 2nd class Christian Love Saved 5 Years The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking True Heterosexual™ Ex-Christ-Killer Public Awareness Medal Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Ex-Masturbator Ready for the Rapture Super Soaker Baptism Award True Christian Caucasian Friend of Jesus TC Bravery Flat Earth Tell her once Persecuted Porn Resistant Pro-Life Eats the Most Pork Ex-Brit True Republican Saved 10 Years

Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Flat Earth? Hell Yes! - 11-12-2008, 06:33 PM

Quote:
1. Time zones were put into place at a meeting in Washington D.C. In AMERICA. Also, racist? That's hilarious coming from you.
Under a Demoncrat administration, no doubt.
Quote:
2. I did have a response, but thought you were not deserving of it. I'll give it to you now. It has been ASSUMED in some parts of the world that it is flat. They had no evidence of it. In other parts of the ancient world, it was known to be round by many people. It was proven by their mathematicians.
Were these mathematicians? No. Then why should we trust them?
Quote:
3. He never said anything Anti-God. Not once, in his post.
I can't be bothered finding the relevant post now, so let us just agree that I'm right and you're wrong.
Quote:
4. How is Islam Satanic? They merely state that there was one different prophet, and they have a different name for their spiritual entity. (God)
They worship the moon and a paedophile and blow themselves up for kicks. It doesn't take a genius to work out there's something not right there.
Quote:
You stated, with these quotes to support you, that science and God were two different masters. Christian scientists use SCIENCE to attempt to prove God's word. Are they unclean? Are they traitors?
1) No, God and secular logic are two different masters. True Christian Science has nothing to do with secular "rationality".
2) Christian scientists only have one master (God); they use science as a means to further that end. I use my computer to spread God's word, but that doesn't make it my master.

O Lord our God, help us to tear their soldiers to bloody shreds with our shells; help us to cover their smiling fields with the pale forms of their patriot dead; help us to drown the thunder of the guns with the shrieks of their wounded, writhing in pain; help us to lay waste their humble homes with a hurricane of fire; help us to wring the hearts of their unoffending widows with unavailing grief; help us to turn them out roofless with little children to wander unfriended the wastes of their desolated land in rags and hunger and thirst, sports of the sun flames of summer and the icy winds of winter, broken in spirit, worn with travail, imploring Thee for the refuge of the grave and denied it--for our sakes who adore Thee, Lord, blast their hopes, blight their lives, protract their bitter pilgrimage, make heavy their steps, water their way with their tears, stain the white snow with the blood of their wounded feet! We ask it, in the spirit of love, of Him Who is the Source of Love, and Who is the ever-faithful refuge and friend of all that are sore beset and seek His aid with humble and contrite hearts. Amen.

God being truth, justice, goodness, beauty, power, and life, man is falsehood, iniquity, evil, ugliness, impotence, and death. God being master, man is the slave. Incapable of finding justice, truth, and eternal life by his own effort, he can attain them only through a divine revelation... he who desires to worship God must harbor no childish illusions about the matter, but bravely renounce his liberty and humanity.
(#411)
Old
Confirmed Enemy of God
BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured

ellandroadhero is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.ellandroadhero is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.ellandroadhero is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Flat Earth? Hell Yes! - 11-12-2008, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. M. Rodimer View Post
It's flat, not two-dimensional, fool! It's not like a sheet of paper, as evidenced by our ability to dig mines and bring up presents God left for us in the soil and rock. It's at least two miles thick; we've dug holes that deep.

Really, you atheist God-mockers just have no common sense at all.

As for gravity? God made that, just like the rest of the universe.

Not the sharpest crayon in the box, are you?

You have just made yourself look really dumb. It being 3-d would not stop people from falling off the edge. My table is 3-d but things can still fall off it.
(#412)
Old
True Christian™
True Christian™

True Republican

Location: Pastor Deacon Fred Hall, Landover Christian University School of Law, Freehold, Iowa, God's Country
Ahimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureAhimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureAhimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureAhimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureAhimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureAhimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureAhimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureAhimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureAhimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureAhimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureAhimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapture
Default Re: Flat Earth? Hell Yes! - 11-13-2008, 09:41 PM

Quote:
I used a series of irrelevant equations earlier to see if you would pick up on the fact that they were irrelevant before I had to tell you. You didn't.
We are used to having tons of BS thrown at us by you unsaved trash. We don't have time to address it all, so we tend to ignore the stuff that is so obviously wrong on its face that nobody would possibly take it seriously.

Quote:
To attain permanent daylight, one would have to permanently trap the light from the sun. The gravitational field needed to to that is the gravitational field of a stellar mass black hole, the final point in the life of a star 10 to 15 times the mass of our sun.
If the gravity from a star ten or 15 times the mass of the sun permanently traps light, then how is it that we see light from stars that are more than 10 or 15 times the mass of the Sun? This is the kind of nonsensical result you get when you scientist types make assumptions about things that you cannot measure, such as the mass of the sun.

Quote:
I'll even reference the entire equation. G=8(Pi)T, where G is the gravitational field, and T is the mass.
Gravity is a force, and the strength of a force field is given in units of mass x distance / time ^2. Your formula is expressed only in units of mass.

Try taking a high school physics class before you start lecturing us on science. The physicists are wrong about most things, but at least they keep their inaccuracies consistent, which is more than I can say for you.

Pour out thy fury upon the heathen that know thee not, and upon the families that call not on thy name.... Jeremiah 10:25
(#413)
Old
Honorary True Christian™
Forum Member

One Year/1000 posts Gunfest '07 True Christian™ Saved 1 Year 1st Year Bible College True Heterosexual™ Tithing Manager Long service medal, 3rd class Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Mission to Australia Pastor of GOD Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Friend of Jesus Ex-Masturbator Ex-Masturbator 2010 Witch Hunt Award Flat Earth Tell her once Persecuted Porn Resistant Pro-Life Eats the Most Pork Public Awareness Medal True Republican Eats the Most Pork Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Christian Love Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Truck Stop Ministry Member Kirk Cameron Fan Club Prayer Warrior

Rev. M. Rodimer will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Rev. M. Rodimer will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Rev. M. Rodimer will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Rev. M. Rodimer will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Rev. M. Rodimer will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Rev. M. Rodimer will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Rev. M. Rodimer will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Rev. M. Rodimer will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Rev. M. Rodimer will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Rev. M. Rodimer will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Rev. M. Rodimer will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Flat Earth? Hell Yes! - 11-13-2008, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take That View Post
No, you are traveling in a circle, but in the same sense, you can follow the equator of the earth around, making a complete circle around the earth.
Yes, a circle.

When you use a compass, what does the needle point to?

That's right, magnetic north.

When you travel around the circle of the Equator, it keeps pointing toward magnetic north . . . the MIDDLE of the CIRCLE.

Magnetic north only proves that God put a big magnet in the MIDDLE of the flat Earth. Imagine you use a drawing compass, and you put the point on your sheet of paper and draw a circle. That's how your trip around the Equator looks.

Bible boring? Nonsense!
Try Bible in a Year with Brother V, or join Shirlee and the kids as they discuss Real Bible Stories!
You can't be a Christian if you don't know God's Word!
(#414)
Old
True Christian™
True Christian™

True Christian™ Christian Love Real American™ Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Ready for the Rapture Friend of Jesus Porn Resistant Super Soaker Baptism Award Teabag Patriot Eats the Most Pork 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College Saved 5 Years Cup of Jesus Persecuted Trump of GOD Asked questions later

Mister Brasil has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureMister Brasil has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureMister Brasil has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureMister Brasil has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureMister Brasil has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureMister Brasil has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureMister Brasil has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureMister Brasil has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureMister Brasil has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureMister Brasil has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureMister Brasil has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapture
Default Re: Flat Earth? Hell Yes! - 11-28-2008, 10:25 AM

Every time one of these undergrad physicists starts talking about space-time, I know I'm dealing with a crazy kook who will never amount to anything.

I live in three dimensions, not four. It's not difficult to locate myself in respect to other known locales in three dimensions. All I need is a GPS.

But I can't localize myself in four dimensions. Where am I at 1980? At 2010? Your model lacks predictive capability.

That's also how I know the round-earth hypothesis is wrong. Where am I when I am at 30 degrees latitude? What longitude? At 31 degrees?

The flat earth model accurately answers these questions. At 30 degrees latitude, I'm at the convenience store, perusing refrigerated fermented beverages. At 31 degrees longitude, I'm on a Greyhound.

It's like you're an alchemist, relentlessly pursuing the philosopher's stone, when gold spray paint is easily available at the Ace Hardware, five blocks away.
(#415)
Old
Unsaved trash, atheistic pinhead

Yellow peril

jessev is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.jessev is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.jessev is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.jessev is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.jessev is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Flat Earth? Hell Yes! - 01-29-2009, 12:42 AM

If I may interject something here, I think a bit of clarity should be said as well between the difference of mass, density, and volume. Mass is how heavy something is ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass ). Density is its mass per unit volume (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Density ). And Volume is how much space it takes up ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volume ). Size of a star by itself is not important so much as a star can be very large (high volume), but not very dense, so it's mass is not particularly a lot. On the other hand, some stars are small, but very dense. So, it has a fair bit of mass.

Black holes are a singularity that doesn't particularly have any volume. It is just a single really really dense point in which past the event horizon, gravity is so great and space-time is so warped that nothing can escape it. It's actually a good example of the theory of relativity by Albert Einstein (not that anyone here probably cares).

As for the trapping of light by gravity, I don't know exactly how much gravity would be required. I couldn't quite find it. There are some stars that have this effect though. Where it does have a great enough gravity to effectively trap light. But mostly, blackholes are mostly what traps light completely.

Other stars, like neutron stars, have the same mass as the Sun, but takes up an amount of space roughly equivalent to a city, thus having a much much greater density as the Sun.

So, all in all, our sun is not even close to having enough mass or density to trap light. Most stars do not. That's why you don't see them. Light has properties of both waves and particles. It can travel through a vacume like a wave, but has inertial mass (such that can move things using a solar sail), like a particle.

As for calculating the mass of stars (because it can be calculated, just not directly by measuring weight on a galactic size scale), look here: http://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/as...s/970609f.html

Alright. That's all I'm going to say here. Sorry if it's a bit much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahimaaz Smith View Post
We are used to having tons of BS thrown at us by you unsaved trash. We don't have time to address it all, so we tend to ignore the stuff that is so obviously wrong on its face that nobody would possibly take it seriously.

If the gravity from a star ten or 15 times the mass of the sun permanently traps light, then how is it that we see light from stars that are more than 10 or 15 times the mass of the Sun? This is the kind of nonsensical result you get when you scientist types make assumptions about things that you cannot measure, such as the mass of the sun.

Gravity is a force, and the strength of a force field is given in units of mass x distance / time ^2. Your formula is expressed only in units of mass.

Try taking a high school physics class before you start lecturing us on science. The physicists are wrong about most things, but at least they keep their inaccuracies consistent, which is more than I can say for you.
(#416)
Old
Municipal Code Archivist - Deuteronomy 28:58
Christ's Guardian
True Christian™

One Year/1000 posts Saved 1 Year True Christian™ True Christian Provider™ award Ribfest '07 Christian Love Tin Tither Real American™ Cleanest Kitchen Mission to Australia Heaven Bound Tagging for Jesus Protected by JESUS Ex-Masturbator Super Soaker Baptism Award True Christian Hotrodder Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian True Christian Nerd TC Bravery Ex-liberal Ex-Christ-Killer Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Saved 5 Years Tell her once Persecuted Porn Resistant Pro-Life 20,000 posts Eats the Most Pork True Republican Divorcee Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Early riser Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Kirk Cameron Fan Club Prayer Warrior Touched by Jesus Grammar Nazi Pancake Dinner Anti-sodomy Hands Off Pastor Ezekiel Cup of Jesus Trump of GOD Donald Trump 2016! Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Wall of Jesus Alternative Facts Saved 10 Years

Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Flat Earth? Hell Yes! - 01-29-2009, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessev View Post
That's all I'm going to say here. Sorry if it's a bit much.
It's a bit much. Did you just prove the universe in twelve sentences? I think not.

May you be a blessing to every life you touch.
(#417)
Old
Senior Pastor
On FIRE for Jesus
True Christian™

Default Re: Flat Earth? Hell Yes! - 01-29-2009, 01:17 AM

Quote:
So, all in all, our sun is not even close to having enough mass or density to trap light.
Of course it doesn't, because we wouldn't be able to see it otherwise.

Besides, we've already established the size of the sun in another thread. Meet me over there in about half an hour and I will have calculated the mass.

Pastor Billy-Reuben

#ChristianLivesMatter

(#418)
Old

Yellow peril

jessev is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.jessev is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.jessev is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.jessev is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.jessev is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Flat Earth? Hell Yes! - 01-29-2009, 05:36 PM

Just a bit of a curious read for anyone who is interested. I found a well written and informational article that I'm not going to explain myself because the author of the article explains it much better than I could. But it makes a great deal of sense from what I see, personally.

http://www.christianmuse.com/a4mc/mc14.shtml
(#419)
Old
Pastor for Diversity and Tolerance
Christ's Rottweiler

One Year/1000 posts Saved 1 Year 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College True Christian™ The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking Christian Love Real American™ Tithing Manager Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS True Scientist™ Pastor of GOD Ex-Masturbator Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Senior Pastor Teabag Patriot TC Bravery Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Tell her once Persecuted Porn Resistant The Hatchet Child Rearing Award Ex-Brit Eats the Most Pork True Republican Ex-eurotrash Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Kirk Cameron Fan Club Nuts for JESUS! Prayer Warrior Touched by Jesus Stamp of Approval Rick Perry's Niggerhead Ranch Mower Donald Trump 2016! Anti-sodomy Pastor Ezekiel Aardvark Bathfire Crown of Life Alternative Facts Probing for Jesus 20,000 posts Saved 10 Years Proud TP Rebuker for Christ Anti-Biden

Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Flat Earth? Hell Yes! - 01-29-2009, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Just a bit of a curious read for anyone who is interested. I found a well written and informational article that I'm not going to explain myself because the author of the article explains it much better than I could. But it makes a great deal of sense from what I see, personally.

http://www.christianmuse.com/a4mc/mc14.shtml
Hmmm... my advice to you is twofold: (i) avoid sites with multiple font colors unless wearing a tinfoil helmet (ii) the writer thinks that he has found something interesting, whereas an 11 year old Landover student in the late 18th century would have been able to put him right.

“We must reassert that the essence of Christianity is the love of obedience to God’s Laws and that how that complete obedience is used or implemented does not concern us.”

Author of such illuminating essays as,
Map of the Known World; Periodic Table of Elements; The History of Linguistics; The Errors of Wicca; Dolphins and Evolution; The History of Landover (The Apology); Landover and the Civil War; 2000 Racial Slurs.
(#420)
Old

Yellow peril

Default Re: Flat Earth? Hell Yes! - 01-30-2009, 04:46 AM

Well, perhaps you don't agree with his interpretation. But can you then explain to me how your interpretation is better? And as for sites with multiple font colors. It's a fairly decent way of organizing a page, is it not? Makes it easier to tell the difference between different things. And I'm not really sure what a tinfoil hat has to do with anything, to be honest. And I wasn't aware that the Landover Baptist school existed in the 1700's. Has it been around that long? If so, that's pretty cool at least. Few places from that time still exist. Except for certain forts and other such stone structures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezekiel Bathfire View Post
Hmmm... my advice to you is twofold: (i) avoid sites with multiple font colors unless wearing a tinfoil helmet (ii) the writer thinks that he has found something interesting, whereas an 11 year old Landover student in the late 18th century would have been able to put him right.