Go Back   The Landover Baptist Church Forum > Church Forums > General Church Fellowship
Reload this Page Polygyny is given by GOD & is commanded in some cases.
General Church Fellowship A place for True Christians to join in praise, faith and fellowship.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
(#1)
Old
Forum Member
Forum Member

Yeager is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.Yeager is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Polygyny is given by GOD & is commanded in some cases. - 10-04-2018, 05:19 PM

Please read all the way through all verses & evidence I give & carefully.

If you teach against the least of the commandments you will be called the least by those in the kingdom of heaven:

Matthew 5:17-19:

17:Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.

18:For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19:Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

So, with that said chose your words to me & others very carefully.

Now I need a disclaimer here:
Polygamy is a spouse having more that one partner, & is very wicked for a woman to have more that one husband, it is adultery.

Polygyny Is not wrong & is even commanded if your deceased brother's wife does not have a son, you are to raise a son to your dead brother's wife to keep the name of your brother alive.
Verses:

Deuteronomy 25:5-9
5:If brethren dwell together, and one of them die, and have no child, the wife of the dead shall not marry without unto a stranger: her husband's brother shall go in unto her, and take her to him to wife, and perform the duty of an husband's brother unto her.

6:And it shall be, that the firstborn which she beareth shall succeed in the name of his brother which is dead, that his name be not put out of Israel.

7:And if the man like not to take his brother's wife, then let his brother's wife go up to the gate unto the elders, and say, My husband's brother refuseth to raise up unto his brother a name in Israel, he will not perform the duty of my husband's brother.

8:Then the elders of his city shall call him, and speak unto him: and if he stand to it, and say, I like not to take her;

9:Then shall his brother's wife come unto him in the presence of the elders, and loose his shoe from off his foot, and spit in his face, and shall answer and say, So shall it be done unto that man that will not build up his brother's house.

If that is not enough proof for you, tell me, does God give you sin?

Here, Nathan, GOD'S prophet tells how GOD gave (dead) king saul's wives unto David:

1 Samuel 12:8-

8:And I gave thee thy master's house, and thy master's wives into thy bosom, and gave thee the house of Israel and of Judah; and if that had been too little, I would moreover have given unto thee such and such things.

Davids sin is not having more than one wife, it was the murder of Uriah & the theft of his wife.

9:Wherefore hast thou despised the commandment of the LORD, to do evil in his sight? thou hast killed Uriah the Hittite with the sword, and hast taken his wife to be thy wife, and hast slain him with the sword of the children of Ammon.

I am happy to take on a debate, but like I said above, chose your words wisely.

The dragon avatar represents me because I feel great urge to share God with people, but the people are not ready to receive. I get ignored & persecuted for it, & thus I feel like a dragon & "The people's shining knights" continually try to kill me. They will NEVER get this dragon's will to break. NEVER.