Go Back   The Landover Baptist Church Forum > Bible Study > Favorite Bible Verses
Reload this Page Drinking alcohol like God wants us to
Favorite Bible Verses Brother Harry's Bible Study and more!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
(#1)
Old
Forum Member
Forum Member

Real American™ True Christian Caucasian Friend of Jesus Ready for the Rapture Mission to Las Vegas

Living_Water has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Living_Water has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Living_Water has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Living_Water has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Living_Water has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Living_Water has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Living_Water has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.
Default Drinking alcohol like God wants us to - 04-08-2011, 09:02 AM

Genesis 9:20-21:

And Noah began to be an husbandman, and he planted a vineyard:

And he drank of the wine, and was drunken; and he was uncovered within his tent.

Here we can read how God loving man Noah wanted to be a good head of the family and planted a vineyard. After the grapes grew ripe he made some excellent wine. I'm not sure if Noah tasted the vine on the morning or on the evening, but I doubt it was during the day since he was scantily clad. Like some of you might have experienced, Noah's wine got him so happy that he decided to take a nap in his tent without bothering to cover him up.
Well, can't blame Noah for that. That could happen to anyone.

Genesis 9:22-23:

And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told his two brethren without.

And Shem and Japheth took a garment, and laid it upon both their shoulders, and went backward, and covered the nakedness of their father; and their faces were backward, and they saw not their father's nakedness.

Ham saw his father in his compromised state and with a help of Shem and Japheth covered Noah up, so he wouldn't get cold. That is a fine example how we should raise our children. If the head of the family is tired after a long day of working and/or spreading God's word and drinking couple glasses of wine, children should always be there to help. Maybe Noah got drunk on purpose so he could see how his son would act. Using alcohol as a paranting tool?

1 Timothy 5:23:

Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.

Bible even says alcohol is good for our stomach AND it takes away pains that come with old age.
Both of these things make me happy inside, but the latter one is just pure gold. Next time you hear your elderly complaining about their pains and just being cranky, maybe you should help them on their pains and pour them a large glass of good whiskey!

Matthew 26:29:

But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

Here on the last supper Jesus drank some wine and told that next time that he's able to enjoy a good glass of wine is in the heaven.
Now would you disappoint Jesus when your time comes and not drink alcohol when he offers it to you? I know I wouldn't. In fact I'm going to practise drinking wine, so that I'm very proficient in drinking when I meet Jesus!

Revelation 22:1:
And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.