Go Back   The Landover Baptist Church Forum > Church Forums > The introduction forum
Reload this Page Come to Jesus Moment
The introduction forum Attention Unsaved Trash: This the ONLY subforum you can start threads in. Here is where you introduce yourself. Tell us what church you go to and what your favorite Bible verse is and how you came to find Jesus.

(#21)
Old
Forum Member
Forum Member

Friend of Jesus Heaven Bound Real American™ True Christian Caucasian Friend of Jesus Prayer Warrior Best stoning bucket A for Effort One Year/1000 posts Donald Trump 2016! Trumpette Mission to Messico 2015 Witch Hunt Award

Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.
Default Re: Come to Jesus Moment - 11-11-2014, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight 4 His Love View Post
Now Brother, I WILL admit that those of an uncharitable bent could scrounge up a few *nominal* coincidences linking our good Church and the homer “community,” such as the clearly INNOCENT presence of “Flaming” in our Church’s name, the depiction of a righteous, fiery rainbow in a mural on one of our Church’s walls, the unfortunate name of the outdoor supply company next door, “Rough Trade,” or the tragic name of our youth outreach coordinator–Mr. Twink. And I WILL admit that, on occasion, these have led unrepentant queers to assume that our church would offer hospitality to their perverse lifestyles.

Now that I think of it, being located just off Pride Street probably doesn’t help either…

BUT! I can assure you that our Pastor, Jebediah Joseph “Thunder” Johnson, does not use a limp wrist in applying the loving lash of the Lord’s Word to his congregation!

In fact, that reminds me of a story on point.

A few months back, a couple of unapologetic homers came skipping arm-in-arm into our Church, apparently misled by coincidences such as those noted into thinking that they could find a “tolerant” spiritual home for their flagrant homosexuality. Well, they quickly discovered how SORELY wrong they were–and were soon set on the RIGHT path of the Lord by Pastor Johnson and his very flock!

Once our Pastor determined their intentions, he grabbed his instructional leather whip, and set to lashing the homers, fully intent on driving them from the premises. Already misled about the nature of our Church, however, the queers evidently misconstrued our Pastor’s righteous fury as some sort of erotic bondage play. So there they were, right in the very HOUSE OF THE LORD beneath his Contempt Personified, bumping, grinding and making all sorts of obscene gestures and noises as our Pastor worked himself up into a lather castigating them with his whip. Everyone was, to say the least, pretty bemused. But the congregation soon displayed the irrepressible community spirit for which we are famous, and, undeterred, set upon the homers with the spare leather whips kept in the Youth Center annex.

After a few minutes, the queers realized something was terribly amiss, and proceeded to beat feet for the door. But our loving Pastor, perceiving that the TRUE GLORIOUS TERROR of the Lord had finally worked its way through the sin-leathered skulls of these unrepentant homers, realized that this was a rare opportunity to reach them with the Word of God!

So, rather than to let them flee back in the open arms of Satan, he had the faithful bar the doors and bind the homers. For the next six hours, he and several of his pastors-in-training took turns delivering the most fiery sermon I’ve seen in my life but inches from the queers’ faces as their sinful souls withered beneath a hot lamp and the rest community sang the praises of Jesus!

Finally, both of the homers entered a terrible spastic fit, as I can only assume the very HAND OF THE LORD had taken hold of them! Sure enough, they began to scream that they’d do anything for release and begged forgiveness for a litany of sins! Glory! Pastor Johnson-and GOD-had finally gotten through to them!

Those two “flamers?” Well sir, they NEVER fail to be in our very Church each and every Sunday now! And they’re not holding hands, either, no sir–they won’t even use the same door to enter the building!

Some “Doctors” would call it Stockholm Syndrome. I call it the irresistible grace of the Lord God in action!

And THAT is The Baptist Church of the Sacred Flaming Heart.
I am so glad to hear that you have such a wonderful pastor! May I suggest asking them to reconsider the name again?

"Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands." Proverbs 14:1
(#22)
Old
Forum Member
Forum Member

Straight 4 His Love has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Straight 4 His Love has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Straight 4 His Love has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Straight 4 His Love has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Straight 4 His Love has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Straight 4 His Love has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Straight 4 His Love has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Straight 4 His Love has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.
Exclamation Re: Come to Jesus Moment - 11-11-2014, 05:49 AM

Well, I guess I could eventually try.

I'd probably get the whip out of it, though.

At the very least, it's going to require a VERY expensive trip to the best Waffle House in town. Our Pastor has got one mighty appetite for a man of his age, and I'd have to butter the him up quite a bit to even have a shot at a fair hearing without being just lashed right then and there in the middle of the place.

If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. – John 8:36
(#23)
Old
Forum Member
Forum Member

Friend of Jesus Heaven Bound Real American™ True Christian Caucasian Friend of Jesus Prayer Warrior Best stoning bucket A for Effort One Year/1000 posts Donald Trump 2016! Trumpette Mission to Messico 2015 Witch Hunt Award

Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.
Default Re: Come to Jesus Moment - 11-11-2014, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight 4 His Love View Post
Well, I guess I could eventually try.

I'd probably get the whip out of it, though.

At the very least, it's going to require a VERY expensive trip to the best Waffle House in town. Our Pastor has got one mighty appetite for a man of his age, and I'd have to butter the him up quite a bit to even have a shot at a fair hearing without being just lashed right then and there in the middle of the place.
Ow! I did not mean to be critical, or potentially put you in harm's way. However, if you showed him that it will help further the Lord's Will, by strengthening the power of those that are straight, it will add to your credence. Just a suggestion, sir.

"Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands." Proverbs 14:1