Go Back   The Landover Baptist Church Forum > Church Forums > False Religions and Cults
Reload this Page Ecumenicism is Evil
False Religions and Cults Catholics, Wiccans, Lutherans, Satanists, Mormons, and more!

(#1)
Old
Senior Pastor
VP of Evangelical Outreach
On FIRE for Jesus
True Christian™

One Year/1000 posts Saved 1 Year Saved 5 Years 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College Saved 10 Years 4th Year Bible College 2008 Witch Hunt Award Long service medal, 1st class Christian Love True Christian™ The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking Tithing Manager True Christian Provider™ award Ribfest '02 Real American™ Senior Pastor Heaven Bound TC Bravery Protected by JESUS Pastor of GOD Ex-Masturbator Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian The Lord’s Witness Wound Jailed for JESUS Teabag Patriot Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Tell her once Persecuted Pro-Life Eats the Most Pork True Republican Guns, Guts and GLORY!

Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Ecumenicism is Evil - 01-04-2008, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtPatches View Post
Ecumenicism, the act of reaching out to other denominations and religions, has actually increased and has been very strongly encouraged in the last few decades. Have Baptists taken any big steps to reach out?
Of course not. Ecumenicism is an extremely dangerous Satanic plot. The ecumenical movement means churches agree to disagree on important issues, such as the divinity of Christ or whether salvation is only through Jesus.

There is only one way to be saved. All other roads lead straight to Hell. Why would you want us to water down the Gospel message by accommodating false religions and beliefs?

We are warned of the ecumenical movement in Revelations 18. The fact that it is growing so strongly now is proof that we are living in the end times.

Pastor Billy-Reuben

Upon request I will cite scripture for all these facts in God's Holy Word.

✝ This is a Christian community and we worship GOD of the Holy bible, the only Living GOD. We worship Jesus Christ, Son of GOD and Savior. Anything else is absurd. ✝
Trump / Arpaio 2016 -- The Government We Deserve
#ChristianLivesMatter

(#2)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

SgtPatches is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Super Mario Galaxies: a homosexual recruiting tool! - 01-04-2008, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
Mary worshipers aren't Christian. They are a satanic cult. Read all about it HERE.

Jesus smote New Orleans for the same reasons He smote Indonesia and Joo York City.

Revelations 19:12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
19:14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
19:16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
Studying at both Baptist and Catholic schools, I can tell you you're entirely wrong. Catholics don't worship Mary. The worship the same God you Baptists do. They "pray" to Mary in order to ask for her to pray to God, an intercession prayer. The saints are not gods to Catholics, they are simply people who they believe have a connection with God better than many humans. An idea I disagree with, but an idea that doesn't constitute polytheism.

And what happened to tolerance preached in Christianity? Joo York City? What's that? Just because it's a multicultural city makes it evil? You're one of the most childish and intolerant posters on this forum, like when you made a Queer crack at that dude a page or two back.

By the way, if he did smite New Orleans, he did a crap job at it, because it's up and running again. My brother lives there. A few places were destroyed, but most of the city was saved and renovated.
(#3)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

Default Re: Super Mario Galaxies: a homosexual recruiting tool! - 01-04-2008, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Billy-Reuben View Post
Of course not. Ecumenicism is an extremely dangerous Satanic plot.

Yeah, Satan wants everyone to have a brotherhood.

Btw, Revelation was directed at captive Jews, not at Christians.
(#4)
Old
Senior Pastor
On FIRE for Jesus
True Christian™

One Year/1000 posts Saved 1 Year Saved 5 Years 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College Saved 10 Years 4th Year Bible College 2008 Witch Hunt Award Long service medal, 1st class Christian Love True Christian™ The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking Tithing Manager True Christian Provider™ award Ribfest '02 Real American™ Senior Pastor Heaven Bound TC Bravery Protected by JESUS Pastor of GOD Ex-Masturbator Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian The Lord’s Witness Wound Jailed for JESUS Teabag Patriot Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Tell her once Persecuted Pro-Life Eats the Most Pork True Republican Guns, Guts and GLORY!

Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Super Mario Galaxies: a homosexual recruiting tool! - 01-04-2008, 01:55 AM

Quote:
They "pray" to Mary in order to ask for her to pray to God, an intercession prayer. The saints are not gods to Catholics, they are simply people who they believe have a connection with God better than many humans. An idea I disagree with, but an idea that doesn't constitute polytheism.
Well that sounds like silly superstition to me. Why don't they pray directly to God, like He tells us to?

Quote:
And what happened to tolerance preached in Christianity?
Where does the Bible preach tolerance? Have you even read the book? That's a rhetorical question, because you obviously haven't read past a few cherry-picked out-of-context passages.

Are we supposed to tolerate sin? If someone chooses to walk in the middle of a road wearing earphones, are we supposed to tolerate his decision, or should we shove him out of the way of the speeding truck?

Pastor Billy-Reuben

✝ This is a Christian community and we worship GOD of the Holy bible, the only Living GOD. We worship Jesus Christ, Son of GOD and Savior. Anything else is absurd. ✝
#ChristianLivesMatter

(#5)
Old
Senior Pastor
On FIRE for Jesus
True Christian™

Default Re: Super Mario Galaxies: a homosexual recruiting tool! - 01-04-2008, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Yeah, Satan wants everyone to have a brotherhood.
Satan wants to water down the Gospel message so that fewer people will be saved. I explained this to you already. Do you have a problem with reading comprehension? You seem to have just read the first and last sentences in my post, ignoring all of the points I made in the middle.

Quote:
Btw, Revelation was directed at captive Jews, not at Christians.
Says who? Revelations is part of God's Word, therefore it is directed at all of mankind.

Pastor Billy-Reuben

#ChristianLivesMatter

(#6)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

Twisted666 is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Super Mario Galaxies: a homosexual recruiting tool! - 01-04-2008, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Are we supposed to tolerate sin? If someone chooses to walk in the middle of a road wearing earphones, are we supposed to tolerate his decision, or should we shove him out of the way of the speeding truck?

Pastor Billy-Reuben
Who is not to say it is God's will for that person to get run over? Who are you to overule God's decision? You say God smited NYC and New Orleans, does he not smite individuals as well?
(#7)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

Default 01-04-2008, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Well that sounds like silly superstition to me. Why don't they pray directly to God, like He tells us to?
As silly as every animal on earth living within walking distance of Noah's house?

Quote:
Where does the Bible preach tolerance? Have you even read the book? That's a rhetorical question, because you obviously haven't read past a few cherry-picked out-of-context passages.

Pastor Billy-Reuben
Jesus and the Samaritan woman/ Parable of the Good Samaritan.

The first one, a Jewish man talks with a Samaritan woman, and tells her she's loved just the same.

The second one, a man who was attacked and left for dead is ignored by a Jewish holy man, but picked up and helped by a Samaritan man.

Basic points: Even though the Samaritans were hated by Jews, God still loved the Samaritans. Their history didn't make them any less precious. They weren't told to convert to Judaism, they were told that they were loved.

Love and Tolerance is what Jesus was about. Not ridiculous theology.

Quote:
Satan wants to water down the Gospel message so that fewer people will be saved. I explained this to you already. Do you have a problem with reading comprehension? You seem to have just read the first and last sentences in my post, ignoring all of the points I made in the middle.
Ecumenicism isn't about biblical interpretation, it's about being friendly and having a fellowship, despite theological disagreements. No one is watering down anything, they're just standing firm in their beliefs, but not letting beliefs separate each other. I don't completely shun my atheist friends for not believing in God, because they're still good people. I don't shun my Hindu or Jewish friends for believing differently. They're good people, they just have a different view about spirituality.
(#8)
Old
Senior Pastor
On FIRE for Jesus
True Christian™

Default Re: Super Mario Galaxies: a homosexual recruiting tool! - 01-04-2008, 02:21 AM

Quote:
As silly as every animal on earth living within walking distance of Noah's house?
Noah had 400 years to gather all of the animals. That was plenty of time.

Quote:
Even though the Samaritans were hated by Jews, God still loved the Samaritans. Their history didn't make them any less precious. They weren't told to convert to Judaism, they were told that they were loved.
Of course they weren't told to convert to Judaism. That would have been ridiculous. The point of the story is that anyone can be saved.

Quote:
Love and Tolerance is what Jesus was about.
Again, you are proving to me that you have not read your Bible past a few cherry-picked out-of-context verses. Jesus did not teach tolerance for sinful lifestyles or false religions. Read Jesus' fiery sermon in Matthew 23, and tell me if that sounds like preaching love and tolerance.

Quote:
Ecumenicism isn't about biblical interpretation, it's about being friendly and having a fellowship, despite theological disagreements. No one is watering down anything, they're just standing firm in their beliefs, but not letting beliefs separate each other. I don't completely shun my atheist friends for not believing in God, because they're still good people. I don't shun my Hindu or Jewish friends for believing differently. They're good people, they just have a different view about spirituality.
You are just talking about being polite, which is all well and good. That is not what the ecumenical movement is all about.

Do you not care that your atheist, Hindu, or Jewish friends will suffer forever in eternal Hellfire if they do not get saved? Do you share the Word of God with them? Do you let them know that they can only be saved through Jesus?

Pastor Billy-Reuben

#ChristianLivesMatter

(#9)
Old
Senior Pastor
On FIRE for Jesus
True Christian™

Default Re: Super Mario Galaxies: a homosexual recruiting tool! - 01-04-2008, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted666 View Post
Who is not to say it is God's will for that person to get run over?
Well if it is, then I can guarantee you that I will not make it there in time. Everything happens according to God's Will. SHOUT GLORY!

Quote:
Who are you to overule God's decision?
I am but an instrument of His Will. Neither I nor anyone else is capable of overruling His decisions.

Pastor Billy-Reuben

#ChristianLivesMatter

(#10)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

Default Re: Super Mario Galaxies: a homosexual recruiting tool! - 01-04-2008, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Pastor Billy-Reuben
Yeah I guess a family from Canaan walked and sailed in order to gather up millions of species of animals of all sizes, 7 of every clean and 2 of every unclean. This includes animals from the Arctic and Antarctic circles, all of which survived on a boat not even 500 feet long in the same temperature, because I know they didn't have temperature controlled habitats for animals like polar bears and arctic foxes.

Makes complete sense.

Of course they weren't told to convert to Judaism. That would have been ridiculous. The point of the story is that anyone can be saved.

Quote:
Again, you are proving to me that you have not read your Bible past a few cherry-picked out-of-context verses. Jesus did not teach tolerance for sinful lifestyles or false religions. Read Jesus' fiery sermon in Matthew 23, and tell me if that sounds like preaching love and tolerance.
I wasn't talking about tolerating sin. Awful things are awful, no matter how you slice it. I'm talking a bout toleration for other religions. Who are you to call them false anyway? You know how many stories there are about innocent men being killed on crosses? What proof do you have that Jesus of Nazareth was Christ?

Also, Matthew 23 is about false preaching, leading people away from truth, much like what you're doing. You're so obsessed with religion that you preach intolerance, not love like Jesus of Nazareth preached.

Quote:
Do you not care that your atheist, Hindu, or Jewish friends will suffer forever in eternal Hellfire if they do not get saved? Do you share the Word of God with them? Do you let them know that they can only be saved through Jesus?

Pastor Billy-Reuben
No. Because Jesus isn't the only way. Other religions that teach about good work and love are as right as yours. I believe that when my atheist, Hindu, and Jewish friends face God, he'll see how they lived, not what they believe, by whether or not they can get into heaven.
(#11)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

Twisted666 is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Super Mario Galaxies: a homosexual recruiting tool! - 01-04-2008, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Is your cat 400 years old?
(#12)
Old
Senior Pastor
On FIRE for Jesus
True Christian™

Default Re: Super Mario Galaxies: a homosexual recruiting tool! - 01-04-2008, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Yeah I guess a family from Canaan walked and sailed in order to gather up millions of species of animals of all sizes, 7 of every clean and 2 of every unclean. This includes animals from the Arctic and Antarctic circles, all of which survived on a boat not even 500 feet long in the same temperature, because I know they didn't have temperature controlled habitats for animals like polar bears and arctic foxes.

Makes complete sense.
Noah gathered up two of every kind of animal, not species. He didn't necessarily have polar bears and arctic foxes. He only needed to have two bears and two foxes.

Quote:
I'm talking a bout toleration for other religions. Who are you to call them false anyway?
I call them false because God calls them false.

Quote:
What proof do you have that Jesus of Nazareth was Christ?
I have God's Word. There can be no stronger proof.

Quote:
Also, Matthew 23 is about false preaching, leading people away from truth, much like what you're doing.
I am leading people towards the truth. You are leading people away from the truth by telling them that there are other ways to be saved besides Jesus.

Quote:
You're so obsessed with religion that you preach intolerance, not love like Jesus of Nazareth preached.
I challenge you to find a quote from Jesus where He says that people can be saved on their own through good works, without going through Him.

Quote:
Because Jesus isn't the only way. Other religions that teach about good work and love are as right as yours. I believe that when my atheist, Hindu, and Jewish friends face God, he'll see how they lived, not what they believe, by whether or not they can get into heaven.
Are you calling Jesus a liar? In John 3:37, Jesus said "He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him." In John 14:6, Jesus said "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

It seems like you believe Jesus when you quote mine Him for verses that sound all hippie-dippy lovey-dovey, but you think Jesus was lying when He warned folks of the very real danger of Hellfire. You think Jesus was lying when He said that salvation is though faith and belief in Him, not through how one lives.

The good works of your non-believing friends are but filthy rags to God (Is 64:6).

Pastor Billy-Reuben

#ChristianLivesMatter

(#13)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

Default Re: Super Mario Galaxies: a homosexual recruiting tool! - 01-04-2008, 03:01 AM

Quote:
oh man, that's gold.

lol diabeetus
(#14)
Old
Senior Pastor
On FIRE for Jesus
True Christian™

Default Re: Super Mario Galaxies: a homosexual recruiting tool! - 01-04-2008, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Ha, ha, funny-man. If Noah gathered the cats first, he wouldn't have taken the original gathered cats with him. He would have taken their descendants. Try thinking for a change.

Pastor Billy-Reuben

#ChristianLivesMatter

(#15)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

Default Re: Super Mario Galaxies: a homosexual recruiting tool! - 01-04-2008, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Noah gathered up two of every kind of animal, not species. He didn't necessarily have polar bears and arctic foxes. He only needed to have two bears and two foxes.
7 of every clean, 2 of every unclean. Tell me I don't read. Also, given the difference in words, that's still putting in a boat that was 3,220 square feet in floorspace. You think you can fit seven of every kind of clean animal and two of every unclean? Something tells me it's pretty tough. Also, cold-climate animals were an example. of course, there are other animals that live in climates who have no other species anywhere else.

Quote:
I call them false because God calls them false.
God called idols false. Manmade gods.

Quote:
I have God's Word. There can be no stronger proof.
Yeah, God's word is right because God's word says so. Argue without circular reasoning.

Quote:
I am leading people towards the truth. You are leading people away from the truth by telling them that there are other ways to be saved besides Jesus.
You are leading people in what was essentially a kind, welcoming, and loving religion to be intolerant and judgmental.

Quote:
I challenge you to find a quote from Jesus where He says that people can be saved on their own through good works, without going through Him.

Are you calling Jesus a liar? In John 3:37, Jesus said "He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him." In John 14:6, Jesus said "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

It seems like you believe Jesus when you quote mine Him for verses that sound all hippie-dippy lovey-dovey, but you think Jesus was lying when He warned folks of the very real danger of Hellfire. You think Jesus was lying when He said that salvation is though faith and belief in Him, not through how one lives.
Here's something to consider: Symbolism. When Jesus said anything along the lines of "believe in me," maybe he stood as a symbol for his message of love and good.

Quote:
The good works of your non-believing friends are but filthy rags to God (Is 64:6).

Pastor Billy-Reuben
Isaiah 64:5-6 is about how they were punished for sinning. They were like "sunday Christians," going to church and everything, but they lived lives of sin. They were a Jewish community doing exactly what God told them not to.
(#16)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

indie-james is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Ecumenicism is Evil - 01-04-2008, 03:23 AM

I'm not a christian myself, but..

If god created us all, and we are all like god, but with the devil's impurities. And we love our children, and we are god's children then god should love us... Now tell me why god would punish us if we did something bad and he would send us to hell, but we wouldnt send our children to be tortured forever if they did something bad.
(#17)
Old
Senior Pastor
On FIRE for Jesus
True Christian™

Default Re: Super Mario Galaxies: a homosexual recruiting tool! - 01-04-2008, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Something tells me it's pretty tough.
No one claims that Noah had it easy.

Quote:
God called idols false. Manmade gods.
God said "Thou shalt have no other Gods before me." What do your Hindu friends think about that? Have you even warned them about it?

Quote:
Yeah, God's word is right because God's word says so. Argue without circular reasoning.
God promised to preserve His Word for us. Are you calling God a liar? Are you saying His Word is not good?

Quote:
You are leading people in what was essentially a kind, welcoming, and loving religion to be intolerant and judgmental.
Our religion IS kind, welcoming, and loving. However, people must repent of sins and accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior if they expect to be saved.

Quote:
Here's something to consider: Symbolism. When Jesus said anything along the lines of "believe in me," maybe he stood as a symbol for his message of love and good.
Why must you twist scripture around to fit your beliefs? People can assert symbolism to make any text say anything. How do you know where to stop? Which parts of the Bible are symbolism and which parts are to be taken literally? It seems to me that the parts you don't like to are be taken as symbolism, and only the parts you like are to be taken literally. Can you provide a working rule of thumb for how to determine which parts are literal and which parts are symbolic?

I don't believe that God speaks in riddles to confuse us. I believe His Word is plain, easy for everyone to understand.

Quote:
Isaiah 64:5-6 is about how they were punished for sinning. They were like "sunday Christians," going to church and everything, but they lived lives of sin. They were a Jewish community doing exactly what God told them not to.
Where did you find that nonsense? There is nothing about God's punishment for sin in those verses. Those verses explain how nothing we do is good in God's sight.

Do you still believe that good works alone are enough to get you saved? Read this:
Eph 2
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Gal 2:16 A man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ.

Gal 3:11-12
11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost.

Friend, you need to put your pride on the shelf and learn to admit when you are wrong.

Pastor Billy-Reuben

#ChristianLivesMatter

(#18)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

Default Re: Super Mario Galaxies: a homosexual recruiting tool! - 01-04-2008, 03:58 AM

Quote:
No one claims that Noah had it easy.
Sarcasm, pastor. I'm saying it's impossible to fit so many animals on a boat that size.

Quote:
God said "Thou shalt have no other Gods before me." What do your Hindu friends think about that? Have you even warned them about it?
Hindus don't have gods in the same sense Christians do. In fact, their centerpiece of religion isn't their gods, it centers around living well.

Quote:
God promised to preserve His Word for us. Are you calling God a liar? Are you saying His Word is not good?
No, I'm saying you use faulty circular reasoning to argue that one man was the Messiah, when in truth, there are many similar stories.

Quote:
Our religion IS kind, welcoming, and loving. However, people must repent of sins and accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior if they expect to be saved.
The religion is, but your denomination does not. It excludes others and judges them. Labeling people as soldiers and worshipers of Satan just because they do not agree with you.

Quote:
Why must you twist scripture around to fit your beliefs? People can assert symbolism to make any text say anything. How do you know where to stop? Which parts of the Bible are symbolism and which parts are to be taken literally? It seems to me that the parts you don't like to are be taken as symbolism, and only the parts you like are to be taken literally. Can you provide a working rule of thumb for how to determine which parts are literal and which parts are symbolic?

I don't believe that God speaks in riddles to confuse us. I believe His Word is plain, easy for everyone to understand.
The Bible is chock full of symbolism. The reason so many stories sound so mythical and strange is because they're not meant to be taken literally, they're meant to be studied for theology.

Quote:
Where did you find that nonsense? There is nothing about God's punishment for sin in those verses.
But when we continued to sin against them, you were angry. Isaiah 64:5

Dolt.

Also, "But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?" - James 2:20.
(#19)
Old
Senior Pastor
On FIRE for Jesus
True Christian™

Default Re: Super Mario Galaxies: a homosexual recruiting tool! - 01-04-2008, 04:19 AM

Quote:
No, I'm saying you use faulty circular reasoning to argue that one man was the Messiah, when in truth, there are many similar stories.
Name one similar story, and please use scholarly sources to prove that the alleged similarities predate Jesus.

Quote:
The religion is, but your denomination does not. It excludes others and judges them. Labeling people as soldiers and worshipers of Satan just because they do not agree with you.
We don't exclude anyone. We preach the Gospel to all who will hear, and try to save everyone.

Quote:
The Bible is chock full of symbolism. The reason so many stories sound so mythical and strange is because they're not meant to be taken literally, they're meant to be studied for theology.
None of the stories sound mythical or strange to me. I notice that you completely avoided my questions, so I will ask then again:

Which parts of the Bible are symbolism and which parts are to be taken literally? It seems to me that the parts you don't like to are be taken as symbolism, and only the parts you like are to be taken literally. Can you provide a working rule of thumb for how to determine which parts are literal and which parts are symbolic?

Quote:
But when we continued to sin against them, you were angry. Isaiah 64:5

Dolt.
What false version of the Bible are you reading? This is what the King James Bible says:

Isaiah 64:5-6
5 Thou meetest him that rejoiceth and worketh righteousness, those that remember thee in thy ways: behold, thou art wroth; for we have sinned: in those is continuance, and we shall be saved. 6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Quote:
Also, "But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?" - James 2:20.
The correct version of that passage says "But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?"

This passage is telling you that if someone is saved, they will do good works as a natural consequence. If someone is not doing good works, it is proof that they are not saved.

Good works are evidence of salvation, not the path to salvation. You have yet to show me any in-context passages that say good works are all that are required to be saved. You won't either, as there are no such passages.

Edited to add: I mean to say that there are no such passages that apply now, before the tribulation. Once the rapture happens and the tribulation starts, the salvation through grace deal is off, and those left behind can only be saved by works. See John 5:24-29 for details.

Pastor Billy-Reuben

#ChristianLivesMatter

Last edited by Pastor Billy-Reuben; 01-04-2008 at 04:26 AM. Reason: Passages referring to the tribulation don't count.
(#20)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

Default Re: Ecumenicism is Evil - 01-04-2008, 04:20 AM

You know what? I'm done in this forum. You guys are a bunch of ridiculous right-winged Bible-beaters. It's obvious why everyone hates Baptists. You guys need to open your eyes and mind. Your tunnel vision kills you and just makes you primitive. Frankly, you're the reason why Christianity isn't seen in modern light. You're the reason Christianity is seen as backward an intolerant. Ecumenicism isn't evil, they're just reaching out and being friendly. But then, for a forum that talks trash about other races like Inuits or Native Americans as evil, It's no surprise you don't know about reaching out.

Dickholes.