The Landover Baptist Church
Like us or burn

Go Back   The Landover Baptist Church Forum > Church Forums > Christian history forum

Christian history forum This forum is dedicated to the history of Christianity, and its impact on the history of the world.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 03-27-2010, 11:52 AM
Cranky Old Man's Avatar
Cranky Old Man Cranky Old Man is online now
Trying to out-Methuselah Methuselah
You kids get off his lawn!
 

True Christian™ Real American™ Christian Love Christian Love Platinum Tither Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Gunfest '09 Ex-Masturbator Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian The Lord’s Witness Wound 1st Year Bible College Punched the most queers Public Awareness Medal Public Awareness Medal One Year/1000 posts Friend of Jesus 2010 Witch Hunt Award True Christian Nerd Flat Earth The Hatchet Child Rearing Award Tell her once Persecuted Porn Resistant Pro-Life Eats the Most Pork 2011 Witch Hunt Award True Republican Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Hatchet Child Rearing Award Prayer Warrior 2012 Witch Hunt Award Touched by Jesus Babysitter 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Close to God
Posts: 17,564
Cranky Old Man will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Cranky Old Man will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Cranky Old Man will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Cranky Old Man will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Cranky Old Man will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Cranky Old Man will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Cranky Old Man will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Cranky Old Man will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Cranky Old Man will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Cranky Old Man will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Cranky Old Man will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: How can you say you KNOW god exists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mAbeliever View Post
how you can say you've found "proof" that god exists
We humble people have limited capabilities. If you really read the entire KJV1611 Holy Bible you will notice it is so perfect, so extremely consistent, so crystal clear, that no ordinary person could ever have written it. So the sheer quality of the book proves that it is created by someone with capabilities far beyond that of a human being.

Since the Holy Bible clearly could not have been written by a mere mortal and also clearly states to be the word of God: 2 Timothy 3:16 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness" logic dictates there can be only one conclusion. God exists and the Holy Bible is His word!

I think your problem is that you did not actually read the entire Holy Bible. Your opinion of the Holy Bible is based on hearsay. If you actually paid some attention during that education of yours instead of masturbating all the time you would have learned that you have to research the facts before you draw your conclusion. The facts here being the contents of the Holy Bible.

Well what is it going to be? Ignorance or enlightenment?
__________________
The Christian guide to TORTURING your children
Follow me on Twitter or burn in Hell for all eternity!

To most "Christians" The Bible is like a license agreement. They just scroll to the bottom and click "I agree". All those "Christians" will burn in Hell!
James 2:10 "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all."
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-27-2010, 12:15 PM
James Hutchins's Avatar
James Hutchins James Hutchins is offline
True Christian™
Just a Regular Nice Guy
 

True Christian™ Silver Tither Christian Love Real American™ True Christian Provider™ award Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Ex-Masturbator TC Bravery Gunfest '09 Ready for the Rapture Punched the most queers Jailed for JESUS True Christian Caucasian The Lord’s Witness Wound Teabag Patriot Mission to Australia One Year/1000 posts Friend of Jesus 2010 Witch Hunt Award Flat Earth Tell her once Persecuted Porn Resistant Pro-Life ex-sheep-shagger Mission to Las Vegas True Christian Hotrodder Saved 1 Year Eats the Most Pork 2011 Witch Hunt Award True Republican Sons of Liberty Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Truck Stop Ministry Member Hatchet Child Rearing Award Prayer Warrior 2012 Witch Hunt Award 20,000 posts Long service medal, 3rd class Home Schooled Touched by Jesus 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Between Lynchburg and Walton's Mountain
Posts: 24,906
James Hutchins will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!James Hutchins will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!James Hutchins will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!James Hutchins will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!James Hutchins will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!James Hutchins will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!James Hutchins will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!James Hutchins will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!James Hutchins will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!James Hutchins will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!James Hutchins will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Smile Re: How can you say you KNOW god exists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mAbeliever;493911I started this thread asking how you (not you as in you personally, but you as in you people (I assume you understood that)) can say you [B
know[/B] god exists. I never said he doesn't, so the burden of proof does not lie on me.
Wow, that's some advanced logic there. A billion people believes it, so it must be true. In the past, people thought the world was flat. Does that make it true?
I love your argumentation, guys: God exists, God is always right, I rest my case, period.
Everything is a consesus of opinon, even math. The color that you percieve as Blue, is an opinion. Everyone has agreed that the color they see as Blue is Blue.
1+1 = 2 is an opinion. Everyone has agreed what 1 means, what 2 means and that 1+1=2.
Everyone has agreed God exists. So with the same faith that the color Blue is Blue, that 1+1=2, we beleive God is amoung us. If you doubt God, then you doubt everything.
See son, you are a waffler. Afraid to make a commitment because you might be wrong. We are not wafflers. We know we are right. You are going to forever live in a world of doubt and uncertainty. I almost feel sorry for you.
I am glad to know you have given up. Accept Jesus Christ into your life, let Him fill you with His glory.


YIC
JH
__________________
Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
Numbers 21:6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
Matthew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
Matthew 10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-27-2010, 12:54 PM
SUV's Avatar
SUV SUV is offline
True Christian™ Princess
The Driving Force behind RA12
Have at it, anytime!

Long service medal, 1st class One Year/1000 posts Saved 1 Year Ribfest '08 True Christian™ Saved 5 Years Saved 10 Years Best Pie True Christian Lady Real American™ Best stoning bucket Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Ready for the Rapture Super Soaker Baptism Award True Christian Caucasian Teabag Patriot Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Most Obedient Born again virgin Persecuted Christian Love Pro-Life Mission to Las Vegas Eats the Most Pork True Republican Princess 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: At the Gift Exchange Counter
Posts: 11,026
SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: How can you say you KNOW god exists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mAbeliever View Post
Wow
If the un$avED say "wow" to us one more time I Believe I'm gonna have an apoplexy.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-27-2010, 01:00 PM
I'mAbeliever I'mAbeliever is offline
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 17
I'mAbeliever is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.
Default Re: How can you say you KNOW god exists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD=life View Post
That's dodging the question, friend. We're used to being persecuted by intolerant people, so insulting our considerable intelligence won't faze us.
I'm intolerant? I'm just asking how you can, from an objective point of view, prove that God exists.

Quote:
Again: how do YOU know God does NOT exist?
I have never said I have proof - or that I know - he doesn't exist. You, on the other hand, have. Therefore, your question is irrelevant.

Quote:
Where does everything come from then? I gigantic explosion? Suuuuuure.
I don't know. That's the beauty of it. I want to know, do research, find out.


Quote:
Which is, of course, very "silly" compared to believing in a billions year old universe.
It's already been proven the earth is a lot more than 6000 years old - I think there are only a few small cults that believes otherwise.

Quote:
Strange thing to say for "I'mAbeliever". What DO you believe in then? Nothing?
I believe that there is no such thing as supernatural, and that everything can be explained without the need of a supernatural being.

Quote:
How can you prove God does not exist? Please provide EVIDENCE!
I've never said I have evidence he doesn't exist, because there is no way - at all - to prove that something doesn't exist. I can say I have an invisible pink elephant in my back yard - can you prove otherwise? No, I have to prove that I do. That's why you're the ones who needs to supply us with proof, not the other way around.

Quote:
True Christians care very much about rational arguments based on evidence and logic, which in turn is squarely based and confirmed by the KJV 1611 Bible.
The Bible is not sufficient evidence - as it's only a book. Yes, it's only a book. Nothing more, nothing less - no matter what you believe in.


Quote:
The earth isn't exactly 6000 years old, no. It can be a bit older. This figure also changes all the time. For example, supposing the earth was exactly 6028 years old in 2009, then it's 6029 years old in 2010 and 6030 years in 2011 and so on.
I never said exactly 6000 years either. Still, do you actually believe the earth is only 6000 years old? Do you believe it's flat too?


Quote:
That sounds rather hateful. That's the difference between atheists and Christians: an atheists wants you to die and cease existing.
Die and cease existing - exactly! There is nothing more to it. You're born, you get children, you die. It's the circle of life, and only people who needs something more to live for is religious.

Quote:
When Christians are "hateful", it's because they WANT your eternal soul to live on FOREVER in Heaven.
Oh, right, you're not hateful at all. "Everyone who doesn't believe shall burn and suffer in Hell for all eternity". That's not hateful at all! And you say you're tolerant.

Quote:
Atheists hate everyone, even eachother. That's why they can't organize themselves properly. They don't have friends. At best, they have allies.
No they don't, they hate intolerant people. Most atheists approves of homosexuality, that's tolerant. Do you approve of that? If not, then you're intolerant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranky Old Man View Post
We humble people have limited capabilities. If you really read the entire KJV1611 Holy Bible you will notice it is so perfect, so extremely consistent, so crystal clear, that no ordinary person could ever have written it. So the sheer quality of the book proves that it is created by someone with capabilities far beyond that of a human being.
There are unbelievably many inconsistencies in the bible, it's not perfect - not even close.

Quote:
I think your problem is that you did not actually read the entire Holy Bible.
An inconsistent fairy tale from 2000 years ago? No thank you.

Quote:
If you actually paid some attention during that education of yours instead of masturbating all the time you would have learned that you have to research the facts before you draw your conclusion. The facts here being the contents of the Holy Bible.
Haha, that's funny - I was masturbating during my education? I could have harassed your belief (an invisible man in the sky who wrote a book), but I won't. Mind you, my grades are high enough to get into med school - luckily our education is based on facts and science - not religion. Damn, I'm glad I live in Europe.

Quote:
Well what is it going to be? Ignorance or enlightenment?
I would rather know that I don't know than believing in a supernatural being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Hutchins View Post
Everything is a consesus of opinon, even math. The color that you percieve as Blue, is an opinion. Everyone has agreed that the color they see as Blue is Blue.
1+1 = 2 is an opinion. Everyone has agreed what 1 means, what 2 means and that 1+1=2.
Everyone has agreed God exists. So with the same faith that the color Blue is Blue, that 1+1=2, we beleive God is amoung us. If you doubt God, then you doubt everything.
See son, you are a waffler. Afraid to make a commitment because you might be wrong. We are not wafflers. We know we are right. You are going to forever live in a world of doubt and uncertainty. I almost feel sorry for you.
I am glad to know you have given up. Accept Jesus Christ into your life, let Him fill you with His glory.


YIC
JH
Yes! You are completely right! I doubt everything! I want to learn more. You, on the other hand, don't. That's the definition of scientists: Doubt everything. I can handle the truth - there are nothing more than life and death. Do you know why so many turn to religion when things aren't going their way? To feel that someone cares about them, be a part of a community, or find meaning with life.

Luckily, my life is great and I don't need to be a part of a religious community, I don't need meaning with life, and I don't need to feel that some invisible 'father' in the sky is looking down at me - and that I will have eternal life.

I'm happy with living my life and die peacefully without having to kiss some guy's ass to get into a place where I can live forever.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-27-2010, 01:06 PM
I'mAbeliever I'mAbeliever is offline
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 17
I'mAbeliever is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.
Default Re: How can you say you KNOW god exists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUV View Post
If the un$avED say "wow" to us one more time I Believe I'm gonna have an apoplexy.
I say that word because I wasn't aware of the fact that there still are - in the 21st century - so intolerant people. I've spoken with numerous tolerant, intelligent and generally very smart religious people - but this is just surprising.

I'm getting the feeling you're all trolls - but then again I know there are extremists in every religion.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-27-2010, 01:12 PM
Cranky Old Man's Avatar
Cranky Old Man Cranky Old Man is online now
Trying to out-Methuselah Methuselah
You kids get off his lawn!
 

True Christian™ Real American™ Christian Love Christian Love Platinum Tither Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Gunfest '09 Ex-Masturbator Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian The Lord’s Witness Wound 1st Year Bible College Punched the most queers Public Awareness Medal Public Awareness Medal One Year/1000 posts Friend of Jesus 2010 Witch Hunt Award True Christian Nerd Flat Earth The Hatchet Child Rearing Award Tell her once Persecuted Porn Resistant Pro-Life Eats the Most Pork 2011 Witch Hunt Award True Republican Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Hatchet Child Rearing Award Prayer Warrior 2012 Witch Hunt Award Touched by Jesus Babysitter 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Close to God
Posts: 17,564
Cranky Old Man will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Cranky Old Man will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Cranky Old Man will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Cranky Old Man will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Cranky Old Man will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Cranky Old Man will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Cranky Old Man will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Cranky Old Man will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Cranky Old Man will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Cranky Old Man will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Cranky Old Man will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: How can you say you KNOW god exists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mAbeliever View Post
I don't need meaning with life
So you are OK with a meaningless life???
__________________
The Christian guide to TORTURING your children
Follow me on Twitter or burn in Hell for all eternity!

To most "Christians" The Bible is like a license agreement. They just scroll to the bottom and click "I agree". All those "Christians" will burn in Hell!
James 2:10 "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all."
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-27-2010, 01:31 PM
SUV's Avatar
SUV SUV is offline
True Christian™ Princess
The Driving Force behind RA12
Have at it, anytime!

Long service medal, 1st class One Year/1000 posts Saved 1 Year Ribfest '08 True Christian™ Saved 5 Years Saved 10 Years Best Pie True Christian Lady Real American™ Best stoning bucket Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Ready for the Rapture Super Soaker Baptism Award True Christian Caucasian Teabag Patriot Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Most Obedient Born again virgin Persecuted Christian Love Pro-Life Mission to Las Vegas Eats the Most Pork True Republican Princess 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: At the Gift Exchange Counter
Posts: 11,026
SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: How can you say you KNOW god exists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mAbeliever View Post
I've spoken with numerous tolerant, intelligent and generally very smart religious people - but this is just surprising.
Bless You© Hon. Perhaps you're not so bad after all
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-27-2010, 01:36 PM
I'mAbeliever I'mAbeliever is offline
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 17
I'mAbeliever is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.
Default Re: How can you say you KNOW god exists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranky Old Man View Post
So you are OK with a meaningless life???
It depends what your definition of meaningless is. I live for learning, having fun, get married, have children, travel, die. I don't live life on earth to please some guy in heaven so he'll let me live forever
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-27-2010, 01:37 PM
GOD=life's Avatar
GOD=life GOD=life is offline
WARNING: Do not attempt to debate. You will lose horribly.
True Christian™

True Christian™ Real American™ Christian Love Silver Tither Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Ex-Masturbator Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian The Lord’s Witness Wound The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking 2nd Year Bible College TC Bravery True Scientist™ One Year/1000 posts Tell her once Saved 1 Year 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: God's Favorite Country
Posts: 3,069
GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.
Default Re: How can you say you KNOW god exists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mAbeliever View Post
I'm intolerant?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mAbeliever View Post
I'm just asking how you can, from an objective point of view, prove that God exists.
Can you prove YOU exist? You are setting up a scenario in which the existence of even the most trivial thing cannot be proven. And yet, when you open your eyes and look around, you can see all the things God has created. Then you can realize "this had to come from something INTELLIGENT".

But honestly, it's quite likely you exist. Why? Because we're communicating. But guess what? We communicate with God. What do you think prayer is? Even secular scientists can confirm that the human brain works differently when communicating with God than with an imaginary being (e.g. Santa).

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mAbeliever View Post
I have never said I have proof - or that I know - he doesn't exist.
So then you live your life on assumptions, not certainties? How can you build a solid moral code and life philosophy when you cannot even know whether God exists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mAbeliever View Post
I don't know.
We do know. Logic dictates that the person who doesn't know should listen to the person who does. Not the other way around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mAbeliever View Post
It's already been proven the earth is a lot more than 6000 years old - I think there are only a few small cults that believes otherwise.
Oh really? Then how about you take a quick look at this anti-Christian website. They are obviously extremely biased since they call us retards:

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/...-000-years-old

150 million Americans...... sure, a "small cult"

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mAbeliever View Post
I can say I have an invisible pink elephant in my back yard - can you prove otherwise? No, I have to prove that I do. That's why you're the ones who needs to supply us with proof, not the other way around.
I know that logic is popular in atheist circles, but it doesn't work.

First, if the elephant is invisible, then how do you know it's pink? That alone makes it implausible.

Secondly, you have to establish neutral criteria to prove existence. For example, the criteria that we can use to prove you or anything else exists should be the same as proving that God exists. You cannot have a special case for God, because that would be biased.

Thirdly, it is normal in rational debate (mathematics in particular) to prove a claim by showing that the opposite would lead to an impossible scenario. This is known as "reductio as absurdum". It follows clearly and logically that the non-existence of God would lead to infinitely implausible scenarios and should therefore be discarded as mere fiction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mAbeliever View Post
The Bible is not sufficient evidence - as it's only a book. Yes, it's only a book. Nothing more, nothing less - no matter what you believe in.
Those are your beliefs. We know the Bible was dictated by God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mAbeliever View Post
I never said exactly 6000 years either. Still, do you actually believe the earth is only 6000 years old? Do you believe it's flat too?
Yes, approximately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mAbeliever View Post
Die and cease existing - exactly! There is nothing more to it.
Prove it. Since you are making the extraordinary claim, the onus is on you to prove it, now isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mAbeliever View Post
Oh, right, you're not hateful at all. "Everyone who doesn't believe shall burn and suffer in Hell for all eternity". That's not hateful at all! And you say you're tolerant.
You are correct on all points. I do not want you to burn in Hell for all eternity. I want you to come to Heaven with us and be with Jesus Christ.

If I see that a train is headed your way, am I a hateful person for telling you to get off the tracks? I don't think "oh, that's a gay so I'm not going to warn him, ha ha" or "it's just a goth, so who cares". No, I put in time and effort to save them. That, my friend, is Christianity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mAbeliever View Post
No they don't, they hate intolerant people. Most atheists approves of homosexuality, that's tolerant. Do you approve of that? If not, then you're intolerant.
That's fallacious reasoning. You define people as intolerant on the basis of whether or not they reject the Bible -- at least where it concerns the abomination of sodomy. Then you argue that being intolerant to people you define as intolerant is OK.

But let's look at the dictionary meaning:

intolerant
adj 1: unwilling to tolerate difference of opinion [ant: {tolerant}]
2: narrow-minded about cherished opinions [syn: {illiberal}]

Since atheists hate Christians for no other reason than having a difference in opinion, it appears obvious that atheists are indeed intolerant. In fact, you guys come to our forum to berate us about how "intolerant" we are. Did we come to your forum? No.

Some introspection would be welcome, my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mAbeliever View Post
There are unbelievably many inconsistencies in the bible, it's not perfect - not even close.
When people talk about "the Bible", I always ask "which one?" There are versions such as the NASB and NIV that contain a long list of corruptions of the real Bible (KJV 1611). I am not surprised that they slipped in contradictions as well.

Please feel free to point out contradictions in the KJV 1611 Bible and I'll be happy to address them.
__________________
I take my orders from Jesus H. Christ, supernatural born US citizen

Be wary of false Kumbaya Christians who use a highlighter and scissors to read the Bible. God wants us to read the lines, not between the lines. False Christians will go to Hell:
Matthew 7:22
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Asking a Christian to prove God exists is like asking him to prove his phone rings because yours doesn't. Make that call yourself! Dial 0800-get-on-your-knees-and-pray.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-27-2010, 01:47 PM
I'mAbeliever I'mAbeliever is offline
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 17
I'mAbeliever is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.
Default Re: How can you say you KNOW god exists?

Religion is faith, and faith cannot be proven. It is your opinion that if there was no such thing as god, nothing could have existed.

gg trolls
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 03-27-2010, 02:10 PM
Jeremiah Abernathy's Avatar
Jeremiah Abernathy Jeremiah Abernathy is offline
Forum Member
Forum Member

Protected by JESUS Heaven Bound True Christian Caucasian 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ft. Worth, Texas
Posts: 73
Jeremiah Abernathy has bribed people to get these reputation points.Jeremiah Abernathy has bribed people to get these reputation points.Jeremiah Abernathy has bribed people to get these reputation points.Jeremiah Abernathy has bribed people to get these reputation points.Jeremiah Abernathy has bribed people to get these reputation points.Jeremiah Abernathy has bribed people to get these reputation points.
Default Re: How can you say you KNOW god exists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mAbeliever View Post
Religion is faith, and faith cannot be proven. It is your opinion that if there was no such thing as god, nothing could have existed.

gg trolls
I'm offended that you would liken us to some satanic pagan monster (I am unsure what "gg" means but I assume its stands for something even more offensive). Why did you even bother coming here if all you're going to do is spew hate speech.
__________________
"And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him."
-Luke 12:4-5
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 03-27-2010, 02:50 PM
I'mAbeliever I'mAbeliever is offline
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 17
I'mAbeliever is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.
Default Re: How can you say you KNOW god exists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremiah Abernathy View Post
I'm offended that you would liken us to some satanic pagan monster (I am unsure what "gg" means but I assume its stands for something even more offensive). Why did you even bother coming here if all you're going to do is spew hate speech.
gg stands for good game.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 03-27-2010, 03:13 PM
GOD=life's Avatar
GOD=life GOD=life is offline
WARNING: Do not attempt to debate. You will lose horribly.
True Christian™

True Christian™ Real American™ Christian Love Silver Tither Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Ex-Masturbator Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian The Lord’s Witness Wound The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking 2nd Year Bible College TC Bravery True Scientist™ One Year/1000 posts Tell her once Saved 1 Year 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: God's Favorite Country
Posts: 3,069
GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.
Default Re: How can you say you KNOW god exists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mAbeliever View Post
Religion is faith, and faith cannot be proven. It is your opinion that if there was no such thing as god, nothing could have existed.
Ah, so you concede that you cannot rationally refute any of my points, so you just walk away saying "I won, I won!" Your final "slam dunk" argument is a repetition of what has already been proven false.

You see, that is what blind faith really is: being unable or unwilling to argue your position rationally and instead insist that you're right even though all of the evidence says you're wrong.

We Christians have proven that we will and can argue God's position rationally, calmly and logically. YOU, my friend, are the one who walks away. It's just a reminder, once again, that atheists are illogical due to being disconnected from God and are only interested in hating and spreading their intolerant views.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mAbeliever View Post
gg trolls
Good God to you too!
__________________
I take my orders from Jesus H. Christ, supernatural born US citizen

Be wary of false Kumbaya Christians who use a highlighter and scissors to read the Bible. God wants us to read the lines, not between the lines. False Christians will go to Hell:
Matthew 7:22
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Asking a Christian to prove God exists is like asking him to prove his phone rings because yours doesn't. Make that call yourself! Dial 0800-get-on-your-knees-and-pray.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 03-27-2010, 03:29 PM
I'mAbeliever I'mAbeliever is offline
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 17
I'mAbeliever is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.
Default Re: How can you say you KNOW god exists?

Haha, nice censoring there
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 03-27-2010, 03:56 PM
GOD=life's Avatar
GOD=life GOD=life is offline
WARNING: Do not attempt to debate. You will lose horribly.
True Christian™

True Christian™ Real American™ Christian Love Silver Tither Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Ex-Masturbator Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian The Lord’s Witness Wound The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking 2nd Year Bible College TC Bravery True Scientist™ One Year/1000 posts Tell her once Saved 1 Year 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: God's Favorite Country
Posts: 3,069
GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.
Default Re: How can you say you KNOW god exists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mAbeliever View Post
Intolerant, as in making everyone who doesn't believe what you believe burn in hell for all eternity?
So we are BOTH telling people they won't go to Heaven. Not much difference, right?

Tolerance by itself is neither a vice nor a virtue. Are you tolerant of pedophiles? What about rapists? Or murderers? You cannot be tolerant of everything because that would lead to a logical paradox.

Oh, and we are aware that people keep vandalizing our wikipedia page. But hey, feel free to point to wikipedia as the source of ultimate truth while dismissing the Bible, which the majority of Americans consider to be Truth.

And speaking of facts... it is of course proven fact that the majority of Americans hold that the earth is approximately 6000 years old. Not exactly the "small cult" that you claim it to be.

Etcetera, etcetera.
__________________
I take my orders from Jesus H. Christ, supernatural born US citizen

Be wary of false Kumbaya Christians who use a highlighter and scissors to read the Bible. God wants us to read the lines, not between the lines. False Christians will go to Hell:
Matthew 7:22
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Asking a Christian to prove God exists is like asking him to prove his phone rings because yours doesn't. Make that call yourself! Dial 0800-get-on-your-knees-and-pray.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 03-27-2010, 04:56 PM
I'mAbeliever I'mAbeliever is offline
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 17
I'mAbeliever is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.
Default Re: How can you say you KNOW god exists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD=life View Post
So we are BOTH telling people they won't go to Heaven. Not much difference, right?
You tell them they will go to hell and burn forever and ever, I tell them they will cease to exist. Not much difference? Lol.

Quote:
Tolerance by itself is neither a vice nor a virtue. Are you tolerant of pedophiles? What about rapists? Or murderers? You cannot be tolerant of everything because that would lead to a logical paradox.
Are you telling me atheism is like pedophiles, rapists or murderers?
Though, I have nothing against pedophiles - as long as they choose not to abuse a child. Once they do that, they deserve jail, but then it's their action and not their beliefs/opinions.

Quote:
Oh, and we are aware that people keep vandalizing our wikipedia page. But hey, feel free to point to wikipedia as the source of ultimate truth while dismissing the Bible, which the majority of Americans consider to be Truth.
1) Again - does the fact that the majority think it's right make it right? Do you think the earth is flat, like the majority did in the past?

Quote:
And speaking of facts... it is of course proven fact that the majority of Americans hold that the earth is approximately 6000 years old. Not exactly the "small cult" that you claim it to be.
Are you referring to your own link? If so:
1) The question asked wasn't how old the earth was, it was how old HUMANITY was.
2) How do you get 45 % to be "the majority"?

I quite liked that article. Let me quote it:

Quote:
How does the U.S. compare with other countries in terms of belief in evolution? Not so hot. A study of attitudes in 34 countries published in Science in 2006 shows that the United States ranks last in popular acceptance of evolution except for Turkey. Almost 40 percent of Americans in this study flatly rejected evolution, whereas the comparable numbers in European countries and Japan ranged from 7 to 15 percent. That may partly reflect U.S. high school kids' dismal math and science scores relative to other developed countries, which to my mind underscores a home truth: the more you know, the less you take on faith.
hehe

Quote:
Etcetera, etcetera.
Oh, please elaborate.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 03-27-2010, 05:40 PM
GOD=life's Avatar
GOD=life GOD=life is offline
WARNING: Do not attempt to debate. You will lose horribly.
True Christian™

True Christian™ Real American™ Christian Love Silver Tither Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Ex-Masturbator Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian The Lord’s Witness Wound The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking 2nd Year Bible College TC Bravery True Scientist™ One Year/1000 posts Tell her once Saved 1 Year 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: God's Favorite Country
Posts: 3,069
GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.
Default Re: How can you say you KNOW god exists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mAbeliever View Post
You tell them they will go to hell and burn forever and ever, I tell them they will cease to exist.
So according to your logic, an oncologist is less tolerant than a faith healer.

We shouldn't measure actions by how tolerant or pleasant they are, but a) by how much they are based on reality and b) how critical knowing the truth is to the person we're being "intolerant" to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mAbeliever View Post
Are you telling me atheism is like pedophiles, rapists or murderers?
No, the reason I point to them is because I understand that atheists are also generally intolerant of them.

I am trying to show, through example, that saying "person X is intolerant" doesn't make sense, because you're not saying which thing(s) that person is intolerant of.

Secondly, NO ONE is tolerant or intolerant of everything. It's logically impossible. So you can say, at most, "that person is intolerant of Christians" or "that person is intolerant of atheists" -- both would be equally intolerant, but have diametrically opposed points of view.

I am, for example, very tolerant of the idea of YOU going to Heaven and living a very happy life. Would an "intolerant person" want to be with you forever? Think about it.

What I am intolerant about is that you will go to Hell. So my act of actual tolerance and compassion can be construed to be "intolerant", even though there's nothing but pure love behind it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mAbeliever View Post
... but then it's their action and not their beliefs/opinions.
And yet here you are, blasting our beliefs and opinions. We did not come to your forum, you came to ours.

Perhaps you are confused by the fact that many people go under the label "Christians", even catholics -- who most certainly are very tolerant of pedophiles!

Here, we are True Christians™. Only the people on this forum speak on our behalf, no one else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mAbeliever View Post
1) Again - does the fact that the majority think it's right make it right?
I only called into question your reference to wikipedia. If you lend credence to a vandalized article on wikipedia, then - in that context - it would be silly to not lend credence to the Bible.

The Truth is most definitely not determined by popular vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mAbeliever View Post
Do you think the earth is flat, like the majority did in the past?
Yes, the earth is indeed flat. We have an article on this forum, if you're interested. There is also a growing group of scientists that support this thesis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mAbeliever View Post
I quite liked that article. Let me quote it:
Of course: both the person who asked the question and the one who answered were biased against Christians. That's the exact reason why I liked to THAT article. If even extremely biased people can grudgingly concede these numbers, then you should too.

But, my argument was that significantly more Americans believe this than what you dismiss as a "small cult". Even assuming than ONLY 1/10 of that 45% really, really believes in this, that's still 13.5 MILLION people. And that's a very conservative estimate.

With other words: you have to retract your "small cult" point. Creationism, the Young Earth variant in particular, is supported by a large number of Americans. We can argue if it's a majority, a super-majority or even a large minority, but it's not a "small cult".

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mAbeliever View Post
Oh, please elaborate.
If I'm sure you will read and respond to my argumentation, then I have no problem elaborating on any topic.
__________________
I take my orders from Jesus H. Christ, supernatural born US citizen

Be wary of false Kumbaya Christians who use a highlighter and scissors to read the Bible. God wants us to read the lines, not between the lines. False Christians will go to Hell:
Matthew 7:22
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Asking a Christian to prove God exists is like asking him to prove his phone rings because yours doesn't. Make that call yourself! Dial 0800-get-on-your-knees-and-pray.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 03-27-2010, 06:37 PM
I'mAbeliever I'mAbeliever is offline
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 17
I'mAbeliever is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.
Default Re: How can you say you KNOW god exists?

ha ha ha

You may close this topic. I just realized you're not going to give up trolling (or was it parody they called it?), but it was indeed fun.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 03-27-2010, 06:42 PM
SUV's Avatar
SUV SUV is offline
True Christian™ Princess
The Driving Force behind RA12
Have at it, anytime!

Long service medal, 1st class One Year/1000 posts Saved 1 Year Ribfest '08 True Christian™ Saved 5 Years Saved 10 Years Best Pie True Christian Lady Real American™ Best stoning bucket Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Ready for the Rapture Super Soaker Baptism Award True Christian Caucasian Teabag Patriot Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Most Obedient Born again virgin Persecuted Christian Love Pro-Life Mission to Las Vegas Eats the Most Pork True Republican Princess 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: At the Gift Exchange Counter
Posts: 11,026
SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: How can you say you KNOW god exists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mAbeliever View Post
it was indeed fun.
Nothing fun about it. Only Satan smiles
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 03-27-2010, 07:22 PM
GOD=life's Avatar
GOD=life GOD=life is offline
WARNING: Do not attempt to debate. You will lose horribly.
True Christian™

True Christian™ Real American™ Christian Love Silver Tither Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Ex-Masturbator Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian The Lord’s Witness Wound The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking 2nd Year Bible College TC Bravery True Scientist™ One Year/1000 posts Tell her once Saved 1 Year 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: God's Favorite Country
Posts: 3,069
GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.
Default Re: How can you say you KNOW god exists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mAbeliever View Post
You may close this topic.
We do not need your permission to open or close topics, but thank you anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mAbeliever View Post
I just realized you're not going to give up trolling (or was it divine revelation they called it?), but it was indeed fun.
Well, like I already predicted, you will just proclaim victory and then leave. It's the standard "hit and run" atheist style of "reasoning".

Every single one of your arguments has been refuted using logic. Every fallacy of yours has been called out. Your reasoning is weak, even for an atheist. I didn't have to include even a single line of Scripture.

Even your exit strategy is that of a intellectual coward. Here you are on a forum with over half a million posts and thousands of active members... and you proclaim it all imaginary because of >> 1 << vandalized wikipedia page that any stranger on the internet can edit.

So please, can you not offer even a single logical argument? I challenge you to refute even a SINGLE point I've made.
__________________
I take my orders from Jesus H. Christ, supernatural born US citizen

Be wary of false Kumbaya Christians who use a highlighter and scissors to read the Bible. God wants us to read the lines, not between the lines. False Christians will go to Hell:
Matthew 7:22
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Asking a Christian to prove God exists is like asking him to prove his phone rings because yours doesn't. Make that call yourself! Dial 0800-get-on-your-knees-and-pray.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Find Additional Forums Here

The information presented here is Biblically accurate. Opinions concerning the technical difficulties, fitness requirements, safety, and ratings of self-crucifixion, flagellation, stoning, destroying enemies of GOD utterly, without mercy, and other activities inherent in Christianity are subjective and may differ from yours or others' opinions; therefore be warned that you must exercise your own judgment as to the difficulty and your ability to safely protect yourself from the inherent risks and dangers. Do not use the information provided on this site unless you are a True Christian ™ who understands and accepts the risks of participating in these activities. Landover Baptist Church makes reasonable efforts to include accurate and up to date information on this website, errors or omissions sometimes occur, therefore the information contained on here is provided "as is" and without warranties of any kind either expressed or implied. Viewing, reading, or any other use of the information contained within this web site is purely the voluntary will of the viewer or user. You, 'the viewer' or 'user' shall not hold the publisher, owner, authors or other contributors of The Jesus Experience responsible for any incidents related directly or indirectly to the Experience. Landover Baptist Church, et. al., assumes no liability or responsibility for your actions.


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:28 PM.


Powered by Jesus - vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Landover Baptist Forums © 1999, 2009 all rights reserved