The Landover Baptist Church
Like us or burn

Go Back   The Landover Baptist Church Forum > Church Forums > Creation Science

Creation Science The origins of life and the earth from a creationist (Biblical) perspective.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 10-11-2011, 05:36 AM
mandrake137 mandrake137 is offline
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 16
mandrake137 is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.
Talking Re: Water Proves Atheism is False!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Jim Osborne View Post
Exactly. If the earth was billions of years old, humans and animals would've drank it all up. We would have no oceans. Yet the oceans take up 75% of the globe!

I think you could also make a similar argument with oxygen. If humans existed for billions of years like the Darwinists, claim, we would've ran out of air too!

And yet if you try bringing this up to a biology professor, he just laughs at your face. Believe me, it's happened more than once.
I couldn't imagine why, Jim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryOS View Post
That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I've never even once seen water going back up into the sky.
So, have you ever been boiling water and noticed that water droplets start hanging from your range top or your microwave (whatever is above your stove)? Have you ever been in the shower and got out and your window is all fogged up and when you wipe it off, it makes your towel wet? I'm sure those are both just miracles of God's existence, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed Papist View Post
I stopped taking you seriously at that point. Calling it different names then invoking invisible magic things to explain the fact you can't even believe the evidence of your own eyes that water disappears all the time before we even start drinking it is a joke. Even a child can tell you that water either soaks into the ground, disappears or runs in rivers that start from fountains and springs in the hills. You can see it happening if you just take your head out of science books and experience the world God gave you with open eyes.

John 4:10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

Numbers 21:16 And from thence they went to Beer: that is the well whereof the LORD spake unto Moses, Gather the people together, and I will give them water.
Where should I start? You want him to stop believing in things he can't see, but you believe in God? Interesting contradiction. I agree with you though, it's a simple idea that even a child can understand. So, answer me this simple question. Why would they put lids on water bottles if things didn't evaporate? Is God incapable of removing water from a water bottle as long as it's got a lid on it? So, if you leave a bottle of water out in the sun for a few days, where does all the water go? Does God summon a furry creature to come and drink the bottle of water every time water is left laying around?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac Fisher View Post
Sorry, I just have to point out the flaw in this.

Humans aren't the only things to drink water. Cats and dogs do too, as with most critters.

If the Earth was 6 billion years old then the water would of been gone really soon.

But it's not.

Rain is God's gift or punishment to man. Nothing to do with clouds or water in the air.
So, just for argument's sake, let's just say that you're right. What do you think happens to all the feces and urine from whales, fish, birds, lobsters, crabs, mussels, and all the other life that God created? What happens to all the carcasses of dead animals that wind up in the ocean and rivers? If water isn't constantly recycled by means of evaporation and rain, why doesn't the earth just continually fill up with water until there is no more land?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed Papist View Post
I think the monkey worshipper thinks that we need proof of God and God's works like he needs proof that steam exists or something. Like we've never seen steam and it would confuse us and therefore think God isn't real.

I'm really starting to see now how hateful and consumed with deep down fear of Hell atheists are now I've spent some time here. It's like a junkie in denial or something.
Ephesians 4:29 "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen."

I would think that you'd take the Bible personally and follow it accordingly, being the good Christian that you claim to be.

What is interesting is that you just choose to believe without any kind of evidence, but you mock someone who actually dares to ask a question about anything. As trivial as it may seem, boiling water is about as simple of a experiment that any person can do to see that water is easily recycled.

I'm not here to tell you that God does or doesn't exist, but denying the most basic principles of science just because you have a belief in a deity is preposterous. When water is hot, it goes up. When water is cold, it goes down. You're arguing that water doesn't go up, but that's just because it's not in the bible and so therefore it must be a work of God. See the difference? The first one makes sense, the second one doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamJenningsBryan View Post
Just as I predicted, some dimwit did show up espousing some hair brained "theory" – again at odds with the Bible (KJV1611).

So let's assume your "theory" is correct – water "evaporates" and leaves behind the sweat and urine. According to you this "evaporated" water now rains down as "pure" water without the sweat and urine. The obvious question now is what happened to all the sweat and urine? Well it didn't just "disappear" did it – you "scientists" call this "conservation of mass". That "pure" water now falls down and mixes with the left behind sweat and urine and we are just back to where we started.

You atheists think you're real cleaver. Wake up son, you'll never make the rapture.
I think it's interesting that you're calling for "evidence" but you have absolutely no evidence that God created anything other than a book, written by humans over two thousand years ago. Just for fun, I'll take a stab at this.

By examining human urine, you would find that the majority of it is water. In fact, about 95% of it is nothing but water. You'll find very small concentrations of sodium, chloride, potassium, and creatinine. Even if you took that small 5% of urine that is not water, and distributed it out across the ground, you could spend the majority of your life urinating in the same spot and never see a collection of these particles. The honest truth is that these particles are isolated, very small particles that would blow away with the lowest amount of wind. So in your feeble attempts to scare the Jesus into us, you failed terribly.

I'll step up the scientific method a notch and set you up an experiment. Go home, pee in a kettle, and then put it on the stove. Let it boil (evaporate) all the water, and then look and see what is left. I'll bet you my entire bank account that you'll find powdered minerals (the ones listed above.)

On an interesting side note, before they could diagnose people with diseases using modern medicine, urine used to be a resource to diagnose people with ailments. One ailment in particular, diabetes mellitus, was diagnosed by tasting the urine. If the urine was sweet, their body was not processing sugar the way it should, and thus it was being urinated out. So, if you have diabetes, or know someone who does, you should thank a scientist that you don't have to taste grandma's urine anymore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliot mayfield View Post
bump
I'm waiting for an answer.
Water does dry up. Go look at areas that are suffering from terrible droughts right now. Even Texas is suffering from a drought. Water dries up, forms into clouds, and then when the water can no longer be suspended in the air as small particles, it falls. Fortunately, most of this occurs over the oceans and we never have to deal with it. Unfortunately, it does occur over land, and we call that rain...or in more violent situations, they can be hurricanes. Have you never been near fog or high enough in the mountains that you've been among the clouds? Nothing but water. No mystery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bob Jenkins View Post
So you believe that people drank pee before water purification facilities were invented?
The earth naturally recycles water. In fact, history does show us that people drank water that was often defecated in. Ever hear of Cholera? There's a reason why you enjoy the luxuries of having municipal groups that control the water systems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProvingTheistsWrong View Post
So it rains because, down usually? You don't make any sense, I said "how does it rain," not "which way does rain fall."
It rains because those pesky invisible water particles that you don't believe in group together and become to heavy to be suspended in the air.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 10-11-2011, 07:35 AM
The Anti-Sinner's Avatar
The Anti-Sinner The Anti-Sinner is offline
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 10
The Anti-Sinner has had a couple of people click the rep button.The Anti-Sinner has had a couple of people click the rep button.
Exclamation Re: Water Proves Atheism is False!

Nice post!!! My personal favorite evidence against atheism is irreducible complexity / watchmaker analogy / watchmaker argument.

Evolution has no basis in reality, spirituality, science, or logic. Fact: life is irreducibly complex. Fact: A human being cannot evolve from mud anymore than a computer, car, or watch can! The Theory of Evolution replaces God with a monkey!!! It's a cruel joke told by the Devil through the mouths of lost souls.

What gets me, is that people have known this for thousands of years!!!! Atheism as we know it today virtually didn't even exist outside these last 150 years!!! Something is going on... something big... Satan has been working hard to convince people that they are the actual children of monkeys, fish, bacteria, etc. that randomly evolved over millions of years! One of your super ancient grandparents was a fish! Seriously?

Satan is at the head of this new godless EVILutionist religion movement. There is absolutely no other reasonable EXPLANATION for it. Only Satan himself could get people to believe in something soooo incredibly ridiculous!!!! Satan's followers have put their FAITH in randomness and monkeys, instead of God.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 10-11-2011, 08:12 AM
Reasonable Atheist Reasonable Atheist is offline
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2
Reasonable Atheist is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.
Default Re: Water Proves Atheism is False!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed Papist View Post
I stopped taking you seriously at that point. Calling it different names then invoking invisible magic things to explain the fact you can't even believe the evidence of your own eyes that water disappears all the time before we even start drinking it is a joke. Even a child can tell you that water either soaks into the ground, disappears or runs in rivers that start from fountains and springs in the hills. You can see it happening if you just take your head out of science books and experience the world God gave you with open eyes.

John 4:10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

Numbers 21:16 And from thence they went to Beer: that is the well whereof the LORD spake unto Moses, Gather the people together, and I will give them water.
We all know what happens when you boil a kettle. Or throw water onto a fire. The water heats up and turns into steam.

This is how the water cycle works. Sunlight heats the water until it turns into steam, and the steam then flows into the sky and becomes the clouds. Eventually the clouds turn back into water, and that water falls as rain.

Because the bible was written thousands of years ago, we cannot trust the aspects of it that describe processes such as rain, because the people who wrote it simply did not know how it worked. And they couldn't possibly know, because the science behind it was not to be established for hundreds of years.

Denying the process of evaporation is equivalent to claiming that the earth is flat.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 10-11-2011, 08:23 AM
Reasonable Atheist Reasonable Atheist is offline
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2
Reasonable Atheist is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.
Default Re: Water Proves Atheism is False!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anti-Sinner View Post
Nice post!!! My personal favorite evidence against atheism is irreducible complexity / watchmaker analogy / watchmaker argument.

Evolution has no basis in reality, spirituality, science, or logic. Fact: life is irreducibly complex. Fact: A human being cannot evolve from mud anymore than a computer, car, or watch can! The Theory of Evolution replaces God with a monkey!!! It's a cruel joke told by the Devil through the mouths of lost souls.

What gets me, is that people have known this for thousands of years!!!! Atheism as we know it today virtually didn't even exist outside these last 150 years!!! Something is going on... something big... Satan has been working hard to convince people that they are the actual children of monkeys, fish, bacteria, etc. that randomly evolved over millions of years! One of your super ancient grandparents was a fish! Seriously?

Satan is at the head of this new godless EVILutionist religion movement. There is absolutely no other reasonable EXPLANATION for it. Only Satan himself could get people to believe in something soooo incredibly ridiculous!!!! Satan's followers have put their FAITH in randomness and monkeys, instead of God.
Stop referring to us as Satan's followers! We are ATHEISTS, which means we have no belief in either God OR Satan, or any other supernatural beings for that matter.

And the only reason that atheism has exploded over the last few years is because of the escalation of widespread education, and the loosening of the Church's influence over government. If education is in fact the work of Satan, then I know where I'd rather spend eternity.

If I can see the flaws in your argument when I'm only a young boy, then I recommend that you think a bit more about what you write before you post it.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 10-11-2011, 08:53 AM
goldngod goldngod is offline
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1
goldngod is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.
Default Re: Water Proves Atheism is False!

Now everybody calm down... we don't need this escalating to the point where we directly interfere with people's personal lives... That makes us all seem like douchebags.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 10-11-2011, 09:21 AM
Rellefg8 Rellefg8 is offline
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1
Rellefg8 is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.
Default Re: Water Proves Atheism is False!

Ok, it might have not been Pastor Ezekiel who wrote that, but whoever did is bad in math and knowing facts.
According to science, humans only appeared 200000 years ago. Not 3 billion. Also used much less water than we do today. That means that it's going to take much more time to "use it all".

Oh and for those who are actually discussing water evaporation... Seriously?

I do not intend to offend anyone nor their religion, this is me putting some facts straight, i'm actually a christian myself and have nothing against atheist, because every person has free will to believe whatever they want.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 10-11-2011, 09:23 AM
proud-athiest proud-athiest is offline
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1
proud-athiest is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.
Default Re: Water Proves Atheism is False!

My fellow Residents of the Internet,
My mother taught me what to do in situations such as these, and, like any good boy, I say thank you. Thank you all for a good laugh. With everyone so smart on the internet these days, it's so hard to find genuine stupidity.It makes me feel good inside to know, that, if I want a good hearty laugh, I can just browse to the closest Christian forum and get my daily dose of down home right wing fundamentalism with a heavy Jesus flavor.
Sincerely,
Kirk, the Hypocritical, Unforgiving, Homosexual, Fornicating, Wicked, Covetous, Malicious, Envious, Murdering, Deceitful, Backbiting, Spiteful, Proud, Boasting, Evil-inventing, Disobedient, Covenant-breaking, Unmerciful, Implacable, Unrighteous, Idolatrous, Adulterous, Effeminate, Thieving, Drunk, Reviling, Extortioning, Fearful, Unbelieving, Abominable, Whore-mongering, Sorcerous, Lying, God-hater.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 10-11-2011, 11:45 AM
Jack O'fagan's Avatar
Jack O'fagan Jack O'fagan is offline
With faith as immovable as the Earth
True Christian™

Protected by JESUS Ready for the Rapture Friend of Jesus Real American™ True Christian Caucasian Ready for the Rapture Porn Resistant True Christian™ Flat Earth Tell her once Ex-Masturbator Heaven Bound Persecuted Porn Resistant Pro-Life Christian Love 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College One Year/1000 posts True Scientist™ Ex-Brit True Republican Ex-eurotrash Eats the Most Pork 3rd Year Bible College Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Saved 1 Year Prayer Warrior 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Body in England but HEART IN FREEHOLD!
Posts: 4,664
Jack O'fagan will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jack O'fagan will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jack O'fagan will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jack O'fagan will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jack O'fagan will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jack O'fagan will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jack O'fagan will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jack O'fagan will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jack O'fagan will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jack O'fagan will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jack O'fagan will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Water Proves Atheism is False!

How can you be a proud atheist? You atheists say that atheism is just a lack of belief. That means that you are proud of nothing. Your name shows that atheism is just another faith system.

Accept Jesus now, tomorrow may be too late,

YiC

Jack
__________________
Genesis 22:2 And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.



I know God wouldn't let me believe in Him if He didn't exist.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 10-11-2011, 12:06 PM
Redeemed Papist's Avatar
Redeemed Papist Redeemed Papist is offline
Former Mary Hailer who has seen The Light©
True Christian™

Ex-Mary Worshipper Protected by JESUS Heaven Bound Ready for the Rapture One Year/1000 posts Christian Love Friend of Jesus True Christian™ Ex-Masturbator Tell her once Flat Earth Porn Resistant Ex-Brit Eats the Most Pork 2011 Witch Hunt Award True Republican Ex-eurotrash True Christian Caucasian Persecuted Punched the most queers Super Soaker Baptism Award TC Bravery True Scientist™ True Heterosexual™ Batman Shooting Survivor True Scientist™ Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Saved 1 Year Prayer Warrior Kirk Cameron Fan Club The Lord’s Witness Wound Pro-Life Teabag Patriot Touched by Jesus Gold Tither 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Surrounded By Married Homos and Baby Killers in Godless England
Posts: 10,098
Redeemed Papist will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Redeemed Papist will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Redeemed Papist will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Redeemed Papist will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Redeemed Papist will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Redeemed Papist will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Redeemed Papist will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Redeemed Papist will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Redeemed Papist will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Redeemed Papist will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Redeemed Papist will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Water Proves Atheism is False!

I can't believe the hatred for God's bounty that's apparent in this thread.

God works to provide you with a steady supply of clean water to drink and so on by making it rain and you throw it back into His face by saying He has actually made us drink the pee of our ancestors.

Shame!
__________________

Isaiah 34:6 The sword of the LORD is filled with blood, it is made fat with fatness, and with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of the kidneys of rams: for the LORD hath a sacrifice in Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Idumea.

John 5:46,47 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Join me in scoffing at backwards Muslims clinging to their beliefs in the face of the evidence!
The truth about volcanos
Sex and debauchery in public schools
Faith wins over science (explained for even the very stupid)
God Cures AIDS - GLORY!
Desert whale bones prove Great Flood once and for all.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 10-11-2011, 01:04 PM
Theurgist's Avatar
Theurgist Theurgist is offline
Confirmed Enemy of God
BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Tasmania
Posts: 1
Theurgist is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Water Proves Atheism is False!

Ended up here somehow while researching Jehovah's Witnesses. Decided I'd sign up to comment anyway. Got 20 minutes to kill and I've never debated religious people outside of Tasmania.

This face describes my reaction to the first page of this thread.

In my experience, religion cannot win a debate using science. It will not happen under any circumstances. I'm 15 and I've only been an atheist for 8 months, but I think this is true on a global scale. I'm happy to debate it if you feel so inclined.

Your argument assumes a closed system in which there have been x number of people for y number of years drinking z amount of water every day where once the water has been consumed it no longer exists or cannot be reused.

You did not take into consideration that the human population has been multiplying at an exponential rate for an extended period of time, or that water does not simply vanish once it has been consumed by an organism (as well as a few minor factors not worth mentioning).

Waste products do not simply stagnate in the place at which they were deposited.

A few ways the wastes are purified that come to mind include filtering through the ground which deposits urea (a byproduct of most animal's metabolic reactions), salts (primarily Na), and some other things in the earth which are utilized by plants in synthesizing new proteins.

Some are evaporated, resulting in pure water vapor, which is then involved in the formation of clouds (I'll happily explain the process to those whom attribute it to God rather than taking the time to understand if so requested. This is first grade science). Some is carried to the ocean, etc.
Through dilution, filter purification, plants absorbing byproducts, the evaporation/transpiration -> precipitation cycle and a few other things water is recycled naturally, meaning your argument is severely flawed.

I could also address life/population growth, but I'm out of time for now.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 10-11-2011, 01:10 PM
Zechariah Smyth's Avatar
Zechariah Smyth Zechariah Smyth is offline
Walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.
 

Protected by JESUS Heaven Bound Ex-Masturbator Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Friend of Jesus Tell her once Flat Earth Real American™ True Christian™ Christian Love The Hatchet Child Rearing Award Tin Tither True Christian Provider™ award Porn Resistant Persecuted Pro-Life Teabag Patriot 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College One Year/1000 posts Ex-Gay Eats the Most Pork Saved 1 Year True Republican 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College Sons of Liberty Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Prayer Warrior Touched by Jesus 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Thong-infested Florida©
Posts: 12,102
Zechariah Smyth will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Zechariah Smyth will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Zechariah Smyth will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Zechariah Smyth will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Zechariah Smyth will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Zechariah Smyth will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Zechariah Smyth will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Zechariah Smyth will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Zechariah Smyth will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Zechariah Smyth will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Zechariah Smyth will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default

Sooo...you're a chinaman?

Yours in Christ,

Z. Smyth
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 10-11-2011, 01:12 PM
cobdog cobdog is offline
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 11
cobdog is a sorcer and idolater who follows false Gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Water Proves Atheism is False!

Here's a suggestion right: an atheist reading this aint gonna be swayed by the christian argument, and a christian isn't going to be swayed by the atheist argument. So to revive the work of one Immanuel Kant, 18th century German philosopher, how is this not a pointless argument? I think perhaps it's better to respect each others beliefs and rather than focusing on the hypocrisies of other beliefs focus on your own. You do no good by trying to ram christianity or atheism down somebodies throat, you simply come across as an arrogant, narrow minded, dogmatic tool
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 10-11-2011, 01:15 PM
Redeemed Papist's Avatar
Redeemed Papist Redeemed Papist is offline
Former Mary Hailer who has seen The Light©
True Christian™

Ex-Mary Worshipper Protected by JESUS Heaven Bound Ready for the Rapture One Year/1000 posts Christian Love Friend of Jesus True Christian™ Ex-Masturbator Tell her once Flat Earth Porn Resistant Ex-Brit Eats the Most Pork 2011 Witch Hunt Award True Republican Ex-eurotrash True Christian Caucasian Persecuted Punched the most queers Super Soaker Baptism Award TC Bravery True Scientist™ True Heterosexual™ Batman Shooting Survivor True Scientist™ Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Saved 1 Year Prayer Warrior Kirk Cameron Fan Club The Lord’s Witness Wound Pro-Life Teabag Patriot Touched by Jesus Gold Tither 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Surrounded By Married Homos and Baby Killers in Godless England
Posts: 10,098
Redeemed Papist will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Redeemed Papist will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Redeemed Papist will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Redeemed Papist will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Redeemed Papist will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Redeemed Papist will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Redeemed Papist will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Redeemed Papist will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Redeemed Papist will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Redeemed Papist will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Redeemed Papist will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Water Proves Atheism is False!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobdog View Post
Here's a suggestion right: an atheist reading this aint gonna be swayed by the christian argument, and a christian isn't going to be swayed by the atheist argument. So to revive the work of one Immanuel Kant, 18th century German philosopher, how is this not a pointless argument? I think perhaps it's better to respect each others beliefs and rather than focusing on the hypocrisies of other beliefs focus on your own. You do no good by trying to ram christianity or atheism down somebodies throat, you simply come across as an arrogant, narrow minded, dogmatic tool
We're not here to debate.

We're here to praise Jesus but these rather rude atheist fellows keep coming in here and hating on God.

Oh, and we're not here to respect the beliefs of others, in fact God specifically tells us not to over and over again.
__________________

Isaiah 34:6 The sword of the LORD is filled with blood, it is made fat with fatness, and with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of the kidneys of rams: for the LORD hath a sacrifice in Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Idumea.

John 5:46,47 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Join me in scoffing at backwards Muslims clinging to their beliefs in the face of the evidence!
The truth about volcanos
Sex and debauchery in public schools
Faith wins over science (explained for even the very stupid)
God Cures AIDS - GLORY!
Desert whale bones prove Great Flood once and for all.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 10-11-2011, 01:16 PM
Brother Enoch's Avatar
Brother Enoch Brother Enoch is offline
The Godliest Man in Godless Canuckistan
True Christian™

True Christian™ Ex-Mary Worshipper Real American™ True Christian Provider™ award Saved 1 Year One Year/1000 posts Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Ex-Masturbator Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian TC Bravery Tin Tither Tell her once Porn Resistant Pro-Life Persecuted Flat Earth Eats the Most Pork Honorary Ex-Eskimo True Republican 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: America's Frozen Attic
Posts: 4,341
Brother Enoch will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Enoch will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Enoch will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Enoch will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Enoch will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Enoch will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Enoch will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Enoch will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Enoch will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Enoch will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Enoch will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Water Proves Atheism is False!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobdog View Post
You do no good by trying to ram christianity or atheism down somebodies throat, you simply come across as an arrogant, narrow minded, dogmatic tool
Okay. So would you rather be a tool of God or a tool of Satan?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 10-11-2011, 01:16 PM
Peter Roy (On Moderation) Peter Roy is offline
Unsaved Trash, Rabid godmocker
Foul Sinner on Moderation
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 34
Peter Roy is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Peter Roy is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Peter Roy is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Peter Roy is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.
Default Re: Water Proves Atheism is False!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobdog View Post
Here's a suggestion right: an atheist reading this aint gonna be swayed by the christian argument, and a christian isn't going to be swayed by the atheist argument. So to revive the work of one Immanuel Kant, 18th century German philosopher, how is this not a pointless argument? I think perhaps it's better to respect each others beliefs and rather than focusing on the hypocrisies of other beliefs focus on your own. You do no good by trying to ram christianity or atheism down somebodies throat, you simply come across as an arrogant, narrow minded, dogmatic tool
Very wise words about how people should treat each other, too bad you posted it on this forum.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 10-11-2011, 01:22 PM
Zechariah Smyth's Avatar
Zechariah Smyth Zechariah Smyth is offline
Walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.
 

Protected by JESUS Heaven Bound Ex-Masturbator Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Friend of Jesus Tell her once Flat Earth Real American™ True Christian™ Christian Love The Hatchet Child Rearing Award Tin Tither True Christian Provider™ award Porn Resistant Persecuted Pro-Life Teabag Patriot 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College One Year/1000 posts Ex-Gay Eats the Most Pork Saved 1 Year True Republican 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College Sons of Liberty Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Prayer Warrior Touched by Jesus 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Thong-infested Florida©
Posts: 12,102
Zechariah Smyth will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Zechariah Smyth will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Zechariah Smyth will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Zechariah Smyth will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Zechariah Smyth will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Zechariah Smyth will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Zechariah Smyth will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Zechariah Smyth will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Zechariah Smyth will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Zechariah Smyth will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Zechariah Smyth will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Water Proves Atheism is False!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobdog View Post
*** strawman ***
Where is anyone forcing anything down anyone's throat? Or is that some sick "queer" code-talk that I am no longer privy to?



No, we righteously rebuke people and openly SHAME them for their queer private abominations:

(Proverbs 27:5) "Open rebuke is better than secret love."



Look, at the top of EVERY SINGLE PAGE in this forum it says, UNSAVED UNWELCOME.

How is it even conceivable that we are forcing ANYTHING down ANYONE'S throat when we tell people right up front that if they DO NOT AGREE with us to LEAVE?



Yours in Christ,

Z. Smyth
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 10-11-2011, 01:25 PM
cobdog cobdog is offline
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 11
cobdog is a sorcer and idolater who follows false Gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Water Proves Atheism is False!

sorry i have no idea how to quote so i'm just going to do it my way:

redeemed baptist:
We're not here to debate.

We're here to praise Jesus but these rather rude atheist fellows keep coming in here and hating on God.

Oh, and we're not here to respect the beliefs of others, in fact God specifically tells us not to over and over again.

first 2 points taken and conceded, fact of the matter is though, you are responding in a negative manner. And as I said, if you focused on your own belief system that would perhaps make christianity more appealing to especially youth who statistics show are turning away from the church.

brother enoch:

Okay. So would you rather be a tool of God or a tool of Satan?

call it what you want, as far as my understanding of the bible and God goes, the existence of Satan and a hell are debated amongst christians, and personally if I live a life by MY beliefs, doing as I believe is right then that fundamentally is at the heart of many of the major religions. Seeing as God is known to be this generous forgiving entity (apologies if entity is incorrect wording) considering my motives I am worthy of his forgiveness. So to answer your question, neither. I am nobodies tool. To bring more philosophy in, I name Foucault and his 'panopticism', rules which govern societies actions and reactions. If you want see these as being a 'tool of Satan' or 'tool of God' I don't care. That's your belief
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 10-11-2011, 01:27 PM
A Follower's Avatar
A Follower A Follower is offline
True Christian™
True Christian™

Protected by JESUS True Scientist™ True Christian™ Heaven Bound Real American™ 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College Friend of Jesus Tell her once One Year/1000 posts Porn Resistant Ex-Masturbator Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Saved 1 Year Pro-Life Christian Love 3rd Year Bible College Touched by Jesus Flat Earth 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 728
A Follower is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.A Follower is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.A Follower is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.A Follower is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.A Follower is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.A Follower is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.A Follower is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.A Follower is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.A Follower is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.A Follower is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.A Follower is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.
Default Re: Water Proves Atheism is False!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Roy View Post
Very wise words about how people should treat each other, too bad you posted it on this forum.
Well, wise if you're an idiot. The guy said nothing good comes from ramming Christianity down someone's throat. Absolutely ludicrous. Christianity has saved an untold number of people from disease, accidents and most importantly from eternal hellfire. Christianity is the only religion that can make that claim, atheism, catholicism, budhism, etc only cause evil, but Christianity helps people, that's why we are so forceful with this, it's for your own good, you are just too stupid to see it.
__________________
Leviticus 26:15-16
And if ye shall despise my statutes, or if your soul abhor my judgments, so that ye will not do all my commandments, but that ye break my covenant: I also will do this unto you; I will even appoint over you terror, consumption, and the burning ague, that shall consume the eyes, and cause sorrow of heart: and ye shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 10-11-2011, 01:32 PM
Alphonse Alban's Avatar
Alphonse Alban Alphonse Alban is online now
Apostle to the Samites and Laplander Eskimos.
 

Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Real American™ True Christian Caucasian Ready for the Rapture Friend of Jesus True Christian™ Ex-Masturbator Flat Earth Tell her once Bronze Tither Christian Love Porn Resistant Iceland Honorary Ex-Eskimo Pro-Life Public Awareness Medal Punched the most queers Persecuted One Year/1000 posts Ex-Scandinavian TC Bravery Eats the Most Pork True Republican Ex-eurotrash 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Saved 1 Year Prayer Warrior Touched by Jesus 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Surrounded by feral eskimos.
Posts: 5,011
Alphonse Alban will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alphonse Alban will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alphonse Alban will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alphonse Alban will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alphonse Alban will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alphonse Alban will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alphonse Alban will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alphonse Alban will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alphonse Alban will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alphonse Alban will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alphonse Alban will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Water Proves Atheism is False!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobdog View Post
as far as my understanding of the bible and God goes, the existence of Satan and a hell are debated amongst christians
You are badly misled then. You have to follow the word of God, the bible, to be a Christian. If you follow the bible, it is clear that Satan and hell are very real. So you see, there ain't no debate about this among the Christians. Sure, there might be some fluffy bunny false-Christians debating about it, but in reality they are just as much heathen as muslims, catlicks or swedish.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 10-11-2011, 01:33 PM
cobdog cobdog is offline
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 11
cobdog is a sorcer and idolater who follows false Gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Water Proves Atheism is False!

Zechariah Smyth: fair enough. Just so you're aware, I'm not lashing out at christians, it's an attack on both christians and atheists. This is not a debate that's going to be won or lost. Oh and as for your use of the word 'queer', I really hope you're using it as a synonym for weird, strange, odd etc.

A follower: thats your belief, for all us 'doomed' people it clearly is not. for all us 'doomed' people we see all the hypocrisies within your beliefs, you see all the hypocrisies within ours. Here's my question to you, why is yours more right than mine?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Find Additional Forums Here

The information presented here is Biblically accurate. Opinions concerning the technical difficulties, fitness requirements, safety, and ratings of self-crucifixion, flagellation, stoning, destroying enemies of GOD utterly, without mercy, and other activities inherent in Christianity are subjective and may differ from yours or others' opinions; therefore be warned that you must exercise your own judgment as to the difficulty and your ability to safely protect yourself from the inherent risks and dangers. Do not use the information provided on this site unless you are a True Christian ™ who understands and accepts the risks of participating in these activities. Landover Baptist Church makes reasonable efforts to include accurate and up to date information on this website, errors or omissions sometimes occur, therefore the information contained on here is provided "as is" and without warranties of any kind either expressed or implied. Viewing, reading, or any other use of the information contained within this web site is purely the voluntary will of the viewer or user. You, 'the viewer' or 'user' shall not hold the publisher, owner, authors or other contributors of The Jesus Experience responsible for any incidents related directly or indirectly to the Experience. Landover Baptist Church, et. al., assumes no liability or responsibility for your actions.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:53 PM.


Powered by Jesus - vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Landover Baptist Forums © 1999, 2009 all rights reserved