The Landover Baptist Church
Like us or burn

Go Back   The Landover Baptist Church Forum > Church Forums > Creation Science

Creation Science The origins of life and the earth from a creationist (Biblical) perspective.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 01-25-2008, 04:05 PM
Sacha-DG Sacha-DG is offline
Unsaved trash
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 129
Sacha-DG is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Flat Earth? Hell Yes!

So what you're saying, One-Eyed-Jack, is that if what you believed was not true, then you would be batshit insane for believing it?
And you think that you are not insane, because the book you gain your beliefs from says it is the truth? This sounds like circular reasoning to me.

Also, no-one has come up with an objection to my argument about light. Perhaps you can't?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-25-2008, 04:17 PM
Brother Cletus's Avatar
Brother Cletus Brother Cletus is offline
Probably Saved
Forum Member
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 158
Brother Cletus has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Brother Cletus has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Brother Cletus has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.
Default Re: Flat Earth? Hell Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacha-DG View Post
So what you're saying, One-Eyed-Jack, is that if what you believed was not true, then you would be batshit insane for believing it?
Of course that's what he said: can't you read English, or do you need it to be translated into some kind of hippie commie French?

We just thank God that is *IS* true because the Bible says it is! Glory!!!

Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-25-2008, 04:30 PM
Bobby-Joe's Avatar
Bobby-Joe Bobby-Joe is offline
Landover Security Superviser
Asset Loss Prevention and Personal Security Expert
NOT angry and positively NOT Gay
 

One Year/1000 posts Long service medal, 2nd class Saved 1 Year Saved 5 Years True Heterosexual™ True Christian Provider™ award 2008 Witch Hunt Award Real American™ Ex-Mary Worshipper The Lord’s Witness Wound Tagging for Jesus Heaven Bound TC Bravery Protected by JESUS Punched the most queers Ex-Masturbator True Christian Justice of the Peace Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Teabag Patriot Home Schooled Friend of Jesus 2010 Witch Hunt Award Flat Earth Super Soaker Baptism Award Tell her once Silver Tither Gunfest '07 Christian Love Persecuted Porn Resistant Mission to Las Vegas Eats the Most Pork 2011 Witch Hunt Award True Republican Sons of Liberty Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Prayer Warrior 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Freehold Iowa
Posts: 18,571
Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Flat Earth? Hell Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacha-DG View Post
Perhaps you should do some reseach of your own.



'very distant', 'cluster of galaxies'. In relation to how big the universe is, the sun is hardly 'very distant' from the Earth, especially in relation to a galaxy, let alone a whole cluster of them.
Allow me to clarify: Our Sun is a star. A Galaxy is a collection of hundreds of thousands of stars. Other than the Sun, the closest star to Earth is Proxima Centauri, which is almost 40 trillion kilometres away, (39.9 to be exact). The sun is 150 million km away, which is comparatively small.
The size of several collections of millions of stars trillions of kilometres away from one another is sensationally greater than the distance between the Sun and the Earth.
Gravity is the force between 2 objects. Light is energy, not an object. It is composed of photons, which have no mass, hence being able to travel at the speed of light. Having no mass, they are virtually unaffected by gravity and so would not be bent even remotely in such a short distance.

If the Sun went around underneath the Earth at night, why, therefore is it night in Australia when it is day in the UK?. It is 00:52 GMT now, yet it is 19:52 EST. If the Sun was above all the Earth, it should be equally light in different parts of the world at all times. Yet I am sitting here next to my window in the UK and it is most certainly totally dark out, when for you the Sun may still be setting.

America is roughly 7000km from the UK. Light travels at a speed of 299,796,000 m/s. According to your flat Earth theory, light should take at least 5 hours to reach the UK from America. But if you do a simple calculation, you will see that it in fact takes alot less than 1 second.

There is your flat Earth foolishness proven wrong. When the Bible says 'the four corners of the Earth' and other such things, they are strictly metaphorical. Taking every word of the Bible literally is foolishness, it was even said by many followers of Christ during His time that Christ spoke in riddles.

Typical of a Darwinist you insist on misreading what I wrote. I brought up "Gravitational lenseing" as an example of light being bent by gravity. You will also recall this was proved by observing stars around the sun during an eclipse. It is perfectly reasonable, by your’ own nature worshiping logic, that the same effect would happen on a round earth so that discredits that whole silly round earth theory of yours’. I will ignore your’ comments about it being dark in Australia when it is light in America, that is just a racial cheep shot and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Frankly I find it flabbergasting that you Darwinists are close minded and utterly refuse to acknowledge the evidence right before your’ eyes.
__________________

Time to reclaim our FREEDOM from the “Mullah in Chief” and his growing activist voter hoards of socialists, communists, anti-Semites, anti-Christians, atheists, radical gays and lesbians, feminists, illegal immigrants, Muslims, anti-Anglo whites and others.

Hot Must ReadThreads!


Time to come clean on Benghazi Mr Obama!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-25-2008, 05:23 PM
Sacha-DG Sacha-DG is offline
Unsaved trash
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 129
Sacha-DG is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Flat Earth? Hell Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby-Joe View Post
Typical of a Darwinist you insist on misreading what I wrote. I brought up "Gravitational lenseing" as an example of light being bent by gravity. You will also recall this was proved by observing stars around the sun during an eclipse. It is perfectly reasonable, by your’ own nature worshiping logic, that the same effect would happen on a round earth so that discredits that whole silly round earth theory of yours’.
Typical of a creationist to insist on mireading my post. I stated that light is composed of photons, particles of zero resting mass. I also made the point that gravity is the attraction between two masses. Explain how an object of mass, such as the Earth, attracts particles of no mass via gravity.
Oh, wait. It doesn't.
As for seeing the stars during a solar eclipse (When making a point about an eclipse, be sure to point out which kind, for argument's sake.), this is the same effect as seeing the stars at night. The Sun's light outshines that of the stars during the day, explaining why we cannot see them at daytime. During an eclipse, the Sun's light is blocked by the moon. As such, this allows us to view the light from the stars previously hidden by the light from the Sun.

Quote:
I will ignore your’ comments about it being dark in Australia when it is light in America, that is just a racial cheep shot and you should be ashamed of yourself.
A racial cheap shot? You know what light and dark means, right? What God 'created' on the first day in Genesis. (Even though would have been impossible, not only due to the laws of thermodynamics, but largely to the fact that there was no light source to give off light, and you cannot create darkness, only remove light.)
I mean light and dark as in day and night. Dark being the absence of light, and light being energy given off by a light source. Also, I said it would be light in the UK when it was dark in Australia, not the US.

Quote:
Frankly I find it flabbergasting that you Darwinists are close minded and utterly refuse to acknowledge the evidence right before your’ eyes.
I was not always an atheist, I have considered the points from evolution and science and those from Christianity from a neutral perspective. I find that every creationist argument can be disproven, and at the end of the day, you have but your book, whereas science has fact, logic and reason.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-25-2008, 08:58 PM
DJ Troll's Avatar
DJ Troll DJ Troll is offline
Confirmed Enemy of God
BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: TX, but not by choice
Posts: 31
DJ Troll is fearful, unbelieving, a liar, a whoremonger, and abominable. Has a place in the Lake of Fire secured.
Default Re: Flat Earth? Hell Yes!

Quote:
scripture is a pile of stupid superstition that should be eliminated from the human mental gene pool.

I couldn't have said it much better myself. Thanks, One-Eyed Jack!!!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-25-2008, 10:27 PM
JennyD's Avatar
JennyD JennyD is offline
Honorary True Christian™
Sweet Placid Sister
Forum Member

One Year/1000 posts Ribfest '09 Saved 1 Year Christian Love Real American™ True Christian Lady 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Surrounded by hippie vermin
Posts: 9,565
JennyD is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.JennyD is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.JennyD is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.JennyD is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.JennyD is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.JennyD is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.JennyD is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.JennyD is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.JennyD is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.JennyD is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.JennyD is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.
Default Re: Flat Earth? Hell Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacha-DG View Post
What Americans do and do not believe is irrelevant. The matter of the world being flat is a scientifical matter, not a matter of faith.

. . .

The Bible is a book of religion, not of science. Do not quote it in a scientific debate.
Sasha -

God wrote the Bible to tell humans about the world and His plan.

Now, considering God created the universe, including all matter and the physical laws which govern that matter, exactly WHAT "scientifical" source would you consider better to quote?

The Book by the Guy who created everything, and knows everything, or something some of His creations guessed, hypothesized, and theorized their way to?
__________________
www.palibandaily.com - Your Christian News Source
Huckabee/Palin Gingrich 2012 will reclaim America for Christ! PRAISE!

Christian Ladies:
Savor your separation in style at the Monthly Visitor!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-25-2008, 11:22 PM
One-eyed Jack's Avatar
One-eyed Jack One-eyed Jack is offline
True Christian™
True Christian™

True Christian™ One Year/1000 posts Saved 1 Year Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Christian Love TC Bravery Real American™ Gold Tither Saved 10 Years Long service medal, 1st class Ex-Masturbator Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture Super Soaker Baptism Award True Christian Caucasian Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Persecuted 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Oregon. I'm not going to tell you any more than that.
Posts: 1,098
One-eyed Jack is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.One-eyed Jack is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.One-eyed Jack is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.One-eyed Jack is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.One-eyed Jack is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.One-eyed Jack is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.One-eyed Jack is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.One-eyed Jack is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.One-eyed Jack is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.One-eyed Jack is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.One-eyed Jack is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.
Default Re: Flat Earth? Hell Yes!

Holy hopping Hillary honkers! Of COURSE the Bible is true! Jesus says so!

And references to the Truth of the LORD God are all through the Bible!

O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles. Psalm 43:3

Thou art near, O LORD; and all thy commandments are truth. Psalm 119:151


Confuseth NOT the issue, O ye onions of Satan! WAIT! Onions? No, I meant to write, O ye minions of Satan! Minions!

Confuseth not old and intestinally restive Jack, lest he fall into grievous error and thereby have to go change his trousers. I said that IF the Bible was a load of bronze-age bollocks that anyone who believed it would have to be a chowder-head. (Alright, the New Testament is well into the Iron Age. Let us not quibble.)

But it is NOT bollocks! We have sure word of prophecy that it is God Own Truth.

We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 2 Peter 1:19,20

So just get thee behind me, Satan...yes, way over there behind the EZ-Boy recliner. And I don't want to hear another peep out of you all night.

~~ OEJ
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-25-2008, 11:30 PM
Bobby-Joe's Avatar
Bobby-Joe Bobby-Joe is offline
Landover Security Superviser
Asset Loss Prevention and Personal Security Expert
NOT angry and positively NOT Gay
 

One Year/1000 posts Long service medal, 2nd class Saved 1 Year Saved 5 Years True Heterosexual™ True Christian Provider™ award 2008 Witch Hunt Award Real American™ Ex-Mary Worshipper The Lord’s Witness Wound Tagging for Jesus Heaven Bound TC Bravery Protected by JESUS Punched the most queers Ex-Masturbator True Christian Justice of the Peace Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Teabag Patriot Home Schooled Friend of Jesus 2010 Witch Hunt Award Flat Earth Super Soaker Baptism Award Tell her once Silver Tither Gunfest '07 Christian Love Persecuted Porn Resistant Mission to Las Vegas Eats the Most Pork 2011 Witch Hunt Award True Republican Sons of Liberty Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Prayer Warrior 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Freehold Iowa
Posts: 18,571
Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Flat Earth? Hell Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacha-DG View Post
Typical of a creationist to insist on mireading my post. I stated that light is composed of photons, particles of zero resting mass. I also made the point that gravity is the attraction between two masses. Explain how an object of mass, such as the Earth, attracts particles of no mass via gravity.
Oh, wait. It doesn't.
How can you say it doesn’t? God decrees what gravity is. Christian sciences has long ago proven that gravity is just angels holding things down. Basically the angels fly up and grab the light photons and drag them down a little bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacha-DG View Post
As for seeing the stars during a solar eclipse (When making a point about an eclipse, be sure to point out which kind, for argument's sake.), this is the same effect as seeing the stars at night. The Sun's light outshines that of the stars during the day, explaining why we cannot see them at daytime. During an eclipse, the Sun's light is blocked by the moon. As such, this allows us to view the light from the stars previously hidden by the light from the Sun.
No, what happened was a star near the edge of the sun observed “position” was moved by the gravitational effect of the sun. This could only be seen during an eclipse because the sun is so bright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacha-DG View Post
A racial cheap shot? You know what light and dark means, right?
It also means ignorant. You are saying Australians are backwards. There is no room for hate at Landover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacha-DG View Post
I was not always an atheist, I have considered the points from evolution and science and those from Christianity from a neutral perspective. I find that every creationist argument can be disproven, and at the end of the day, you have but your book, whereas science has fact, logic and reason.
So, another ex-Christian atheist? I am so sad you chose reason over damnation. I do hope you are not here just to use Landover to mock Christians by making us sound like a bunch of raving idiots.
__________________

Time to reclaim our FREEDOM from the “Mullah in Chief” and his growing activist voter hoards of socialists, communists, anti-Semites, anti-Christians, atheists, radical gays and lesbians, feminists, illegal immigrants, Muslims, anti-Anglo whites and others.

Hot Must ReadThreads!


Time to come clean on Benghazi Mr Obama!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-25-2008, 11:30 PM
Sacha-DG Sacha-DG is offline
Unsaved trash
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 129
Sacha-DG is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Flat Earth? Hell Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyD View Post
Sasha -

God wrote the Bible to tell humans about the world and His plan.
I am interested in this plan, please explain it to me.

Quote:
Now, considering God created the universe, including all matter and the physical laws which govern that matter, exactly WHAT "scientifical" source would you consider better to quote?
Assuming that God created the universe and it could be proven, then fair enough, I would openly accept God's teaching.
Oh, wait, you cannot prove it, you only have faith.
People are different, some choose to accept that in this lifetime, chances are, we aren't going to find out how the universe began, if it didn't always exist. Those people turn to a supernatrual explanation because it is not something we are currently able to explain. You have faith or 'hope' that what you believe is true, because otherwise you would be lost and find life to have no meaning. And I know you cannot stand the thought of that.

However people like me constantly seek answers. I seek the truth. Nothing will change when I find it, because its history, but I have a thirst for knowledge. Scientists are scientists because they share this thirst. the quest for knowledge is human. It is also infinite. But human instinct drives me to search for the truth. I do not wish to be deceived.


Quote:
The Book by the Guy who created everything, and knows everything, or something some of His creations guessed, hypothesized, and theorized their way to?
A hypothesis is the begging of the discovery of knowledge. A hypothesis is based on our current knowledge of the world as we know it.
If the Bible says something, and we then test that and find it to be false, the whole book becomes meaningless.
If the Bible indeed literally means that the Earth is flat, then it is wrong, as I showed you already. What is the point in believing something we can prove to be incorrect? If God deceives us so, then his malevolence knows no bounds.


And for the record, its 'Sacha', not 'Sasha'. 'Sasha' is the female form of the name.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-25-2008, 11:50 PM
Sacha-DG Sacha-DG is offline
Unsaved trash
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 129
Sacha-DG is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Flat Earth? Hell Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby-Joe View Post
How can you say it doesn’t? God decrees what gravity is. Christian sciences has long ago proven that gravity is just angels holding things down. Basically the angels fly up and grab the light photons and drag them down a little bit.
God? Last time I checked, the laws of gravity were attributed to Sir Isaac Newton.
Also, if you could show me where in the Bible, or better yet, any empirical evidence of these angels doing this, I would be grateful.



Quote:
No, what happened was a star near the edge of the sun observed “position” was moved by the gravitational effect of the sun. This could only be seen during an eclipse because the sun is so bright.
There are no stars near enough to the Sun to be affected by its gravitational pull. Either way, I don't see how this affects my point, if anything, it supports it.



Quote:
It also means ignorant. You are saying Australians are backwards. There is no room for hate at Landover.
What I'm saying is that the Earth is round, as I proved a few posts back. In any case, what is to say that I am not saying us Britons are not backwards? I've seen that said by a fair number of your fellow American members.
In fact I see alot of your veteran members making hateful statements towards people of others cultures and races all the time.



Quote:
So, another ex-Christian atheist? I am so sad you chose reason over damnation. I do hope you are not here just to use Landover to mock Christians by making us sound like a bunch of raving idiots.
Sad I chose reason over damnation? My friend, that means that because of reason, I have been saved. I think you intended to say that I chose reason over salvation. But do not fret, everyone makes mistakes.

No, I am not here to mock you. In the discovery of your forum from the Super Mario Galaxy scandal, I was incredibly saddened by what people were writing here. I saw ignorance, intolerance, racism, sexism, theory which had been outdated for centuries. Just as the Jehovah's witness comes to my door with hope of saving me, and I send them off with their tails between legs having proven them wrong on pretty much every point they made, I come to you, in hope of enlightening you. I appreciate your beliefs, however I disagree with them. Many people have worked very hard to abolish your outdated ethics, and in modern society, yours are seen simply as ignorant and intolerant.
Another reason I post in your forum is that I noticed people were shrugging off points against their beliefs with no consideration towards the matter, or flaming those who dare try and speak anything not explicity written in the Bible. I would like to encourage open-minded debate, as I believe that this is the true path to salvation of any kind.

If you do not wish me to be here, simply say so, and I will leave. But I hope that you consider all I have said with an open mind.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 01-26-2008, 12:10 AM
Bobby-Joe's Avatar
Bobby-Joe Bobby-Joe is offline
Landover Security Superviser
Asset Loss Prevention and Personal Security Expert
NOT angry and positively NOT Gay
 

One Year/1000 posts Long service medal, 2nd class Saved 1 Year Saved 5 Years True Heterosexual™ True Christian Provider™ award 2008 Witch Hunt Award Real American™ Ex-Mary Worshipper The Lord’s Witness Wound Tagging for Jesus Heaven Bound TC Bravery Protected by JESUS Punched the most queers Ex-Masturbator True Christian Justice of the Peace Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Teabag Patriot Home Schooled Friend of Jesus 2010 Witch Hunt Award Flat Earth Super Soaker Baptism Award Tell her once Silver Tither Gunfest '07 Christian Love Persecuted Porn Resistant Mission to Las Vegas Eats the Most Pork 2011 Witch Hunt Award True Republican Sons of Liberty Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Prayer Warrior 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Freehold Iowa
Posts: 18,571
Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Flat Earth? Hell Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacha-DG View Post
There are no stars near enough to the Sun to be affected by its gravitational pull. Either way, I don't see how this affects my point, if anything, it supports it.
No, the light from the star was pulled by the sun. I mean it would have to since physicals (falsely) says gravity is the mass of an object distorting space time around it. The classic image of a ball on a rubber sheet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacha-DG View Post
What I'm saying is that the Earth is round, as I proved a few posts back. In any case, what is to say that I am not saying us Britons are not backwards? I've seen that said by a fair number of your fellow American members.
In fact I see alot of your veteran members making hateful statements towards people of others cultures and races all the time.
Don’t change the subject. You said Austrians live in darkness and ignorance. Well Jesus loves all people friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacha-DG View Post
Sad I chose reason over damnation? My friend, that means that because of reason, I have been saved. I think you intended to say that I chose reason over salvation. But do not fret, everyone makes mistakes.
Dear me I made a mistake. Yes it should be; “you chose reason and damnation.” Choosing reason over damnation would be something an atheist would say and I am certainly not an atheists.

I would be more careful in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacha-DG View Post
No, I am not here to mock you
Well forgive me but we have to be careful about this. Atheists are notorious for pretending to be Christians in order to mock them. We have to be on constant guard against this at Landover.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacha-DG View Post
. In the discovery of your forum from the Super Mario Galaxy scandal, I was incredibly saddened by what people were writing here. I saw ignorance, intolerance, racism, sexism, theory which had been outdated for centuries.
You may see our ideas outdated but we see them the timeless pronouncements of our God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacha-DG View Post
. Just as the Jehovah's witness comes to my door with hope of saving me, and I send them off with their tails between legs having proven them wrong on pretty much every point they made, I come to you, in hope of enlightening you. I appreciate your beliefs, however I disagree with them. Many people have worked very hard to abolish your outdated ethics, and in modern society, yours are seen simply as ignorant and intolerant
The reason you send off
Another reason I post in your forum is that I noticed people were shrugging off points against their beliefs with no consideration towards the matter, or flaming those who dare try and speak anything not explicity written in the Bible. I would like to encourage open-minded debate, as I believe that this is the true path to salvation of any kind.

If you do not wish me to be here, simply say so, and I will leave. But I hope that you consider all I have said with an open mind.
Well friend unlike those Saturday observing Jehovah Witnesses we TRUE Christians™ have the TRUTH™. With that why would we need any passing fads in philosophy and science?
__________________

Time to reclaim our FREEDOM from the “Mullah in Chief” and his growing activist voter hoards of socialists, communists, anti-Semites, anti-Christians, atheists, radical gays and lesbians, feminists, illegal immigrants, Muslims, anti-Anglo whites and others.

Hot Must ReadThreads!


Time to come clean on Benghazi Mr Obama!
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-26-2008, 12:45 AM
Sacha-DG Sacha-DG is offline
Unsaved trash
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 129
Sacha-DG is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Flat Earth? Hell Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby-Joe View Post
No, the light from the star was pulled by the sun. I mean it would have to since physicals (falsely) says gravity is the mass of an object distorting space time around it. The classic image of a ball on a rubber sheet.
Ok, I see your point. However, you will find that the position of the stars in question appear shifted by only 1.75 arc seconds. I know that probably sounds like gobble-de-gook to you (Not that I am incenuating anything about your intellegence, I had to look it up myself!) so allow me to explain. An arc minute is equal to one sixtieth of one degree. As we know, there are 60 seconds in a minute, so a second is one sixtieth of a minute. Therefore, an arc second is equal to one 3600th of a degree.
Now if light bent all the way around the world, as you say it would if the Earth was round, it would have to bend at an angle between 90 and 180 degrees.
There's that proven wrong.


Quote:
Don’t change the subject. You said Austrians live in darkness and ignorance. Well Jesus loves all people friend.
I speak of physics, not racism. While the sun shines in Australia, it does not shine on the the UK. As the sun shines on the UK, it does not shine upon Australia, more proof of a round Earth. Do not attempt to twist my words. And what I said about your members was true, like it or not.



Quote:
Dear me I made a mistake. Yes it should be; “you chose reason and damnation.” Choosing reason over damnation would be something an atheist would say and I am certainly not an atheists.

I would be more careful in the future.



Well forgive me but we have to be careful about this. Atheists are notorious for pretending to be Christians in order to mock them. We have to be on constant guard against this at Landover.
I understand. No harm done.



Quote:
You may see our ideas outdated but we see them the timeless pronouncements of our God.
My friend, progress is a part of human nature. the house you live in, the clothes you wear, the language you speak, even the food you eat is due to progress. And thank science for it. For if not for science, we would still be living in the dark ages.



Quote:
Well friend unlike those Saturday observing Jehovah Witnesses we TRUE Christians™ have the TRUTH™. With that why would we need any passing fads in philosophy and science?
I sincerely hope that you appreciate that every other faith in the world believes they have the truth, and that you do not, just as you think so of them. With so much different opinion, how can we know what is correct other than by questioning it?
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-26-2008, 09:17 PM
handofgod's Avatar
handofgod handofgod is offline
Unsaved trash
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 76
handofgod is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Flat Earth? Hell Yes!

Yeah! Flat earth for the win. Why would the earth be round? we would just fall off you dummies...

And don't try to explain all that nonsens with light and gravity, it's to complex for us humans, it's gods work. We are not to question his works.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-26-2008, 09:40 PM
Sacha-DG Sacha-DG is offline
Unsaved trash
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 129
Sacha-DG is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Flat Earth? Hell Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by handofgod View Post
Yeah! Flat earth for the win. Why would the earth be round? we would just fall off you dummies...

And don't try to explain all that nonsens with light and gravity, it's to complex for us humans, it's gods work. We are not to question his works.
It might be too complex for you , but they teach gravity and light to children in 8th grade, who seem to understand it perfectly.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-27-2008, 12:22 AM
narrowpathy narrowpathy is offline
Forum Member
Forum Member
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 316
narrowpathy is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Flat Earth? Hell Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Carlton Green View Post
It can also be explained with a little common sense that the Lord would never shape our Earth as the same shape of something that dangles from the male rude bits.
How can God-created 'the male bits' be RUDE?
1 Corinthians 6:19
Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God?

How can 'the male bits' or dangling round small parts of the temple of the Holy Spirit be RUDE?
__________________
"Karyn is with us. A West Texas girl, just like me" -- Faaabulous President Bush, May 27, 2004
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-27-2008, 12:54 AM
Pastor Ezekiel's Avatar
Pastor Ezekiel Pastor Ezekiel is online now
Putting the "stud" back in Bible Study
 

One Year/1000 posts Ribfest '09 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College Saved 1 Year Long service medal, 3rd class Christian Love True Christian™ The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking Real American™ True Heterosexual™ Tithing Manager 2008 Witch Hunt Award Gunfest '09 Senior Pastor Mission to Australia Heaven Bound Tagging for Jesus The Lord’s Witness Wound Home Schooled Punched the most queers TC Bravery Protected by JESUS Pastor of GOD Ex-Masturbator Jailed for JESUS Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Teabag Patriot 20,000 posts Friend of Jesus 2010 Witch Hunt Award Flat Earth 50,000 posts Tell her once Persecuted Porn Resistant Mission to Japan Pro-Life Mission to Las Vegas True Christian Provider™ award True Scientist™ Eats the Most Pork 2011 Witch Hunt Award Outreach preacher Special Mission (North Korea) Golden Bear Award True Republican Batman Shooting Survivor Sons of Liberty Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! WisconSIN Shooting survivor Proud Niglet Sponsorer Truck Stop Ministry Member Hatchet Child Rearing Award Kirk Cameron Fan Club In Love With Zeke Bear Prayer Warrior 2012 Witch Hunt Award Man of the Year True Christian Hotrodder Paula Deen Negro Support Group Gator Touched by Jesus 75,000 posts Man of the Year Babysitter 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Freehold, Iowa
Posts: 76,653
Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Flat Earth? Hell Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacha-DG View Post
It might be too complex for you , but they teach gravity and light to children in 8th grade, who seem to understand it perfectly.
"They" also teach children that their grandfather was a gorilla.

Which is why we True Christians™ choose to teach our children at home, using God's textbook, the KJV1611 Bible.
__________________
Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 01-27-2008, 01:04 AM
narrowpathy narrowpathy is offline
Forum Member
Forum Member
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 316
narrowpathy is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Flat Earth? Hell Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by narrowpathy View Post
How can God-created 'the male bits' be RUDE?
1 Corinthians 6:19
Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God?

How can 'the male bits' or dangling round small parts of the temple of the Holy Spirit be RUDE?
Now, as we have established that dangling round parts also known as testicles of the temple of the Holy Spirit also known as human male body are not RUDE, but Blessed, then it is quite possible that God did create the Earth to resemble those dangling round parts. Or He created the round, dangling parts to resemble the Earth... I think it is no coincidence, either that words 'Testicle' and 'Testament' are so similar, almost identical.
__________________
"Karyn is with us. A West Texas girl, just like me" -- Faaabulous President Bush, May 27, 2004
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 01-27-2008, 01:31 AM
Enigmatic Harpo Marx's Avatar
Enigmatic Harpo Marx Enigmatic Harpo Marx is offline
Resident ex-satanist
True Christian™

True Christian™ Parking Lot Tither 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: What's the hottest place you can think of...Wrong; it's Phoenix
Posts: 489
Enigmatic Harpo Marx has bribed people to get these reputation points.Enigmatic Harpo Marx has bribed people to get these reputation points.Enigmatic Harpo Marx has bribed people to get these reputation points.Enigmatic Harpo Marx has bribed people to get these reputation points.Enigmatic Harpo Marx has bribed people to get these reputation points.Enigmatic Harpo Marx has bribed people to get these reputation points.Enigmatic Harpo Marx has bribed people to get these reputation points.Enigmatic Harpo Marx has bribed people to get these reputation points.Enigmatic Harpo Marx has bribed people to get these reputation points.
Default Re: Flat Earth? Hell Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by narrowpathy View Post
I think it is no coincidence, either that words 'Testicle' and 'Testament' are so similar, almost identical.
Nice observation, actually I've read that the words' latin roots stem from the fact that during the time of the Roman Empire, men were required to hold their "male bits" when they gave a testimony; such as when they testified in front of a jury. I dunno why they did it, but that's just something to think on next time you refer to your testimony....
__________________
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Death, I will fear no evil...
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 01-27-2008, 06:05 AM
scotty scotty is offline
Unsaved trash
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Freehold Iowa
Posts: 41
scotty is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Flat Earth? Hell Yes!

In 6th grade my teacher started talking about evolution and I told her to f off like a true republican.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 01-27-2008, 06:06 AM
Enigmatic Harpo Marx's Avatar
Enigmatic Harpo Marx Enigmatic Harpo Marx is offline
Resident ex-satanist
True Christian™

True Christian™ Parking Lot Tither 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: What's the hottest place you can think of...Wrong; it's Phoenix
Posts: 489
Enigmatic Harpo Marx has bribed people to get these reputation points.Enigmatic Harpo Marx has bribed people to get these reputation points.Enigmatic Harpo Marx has bribed people to get these reputation points.Enigmatic Harpo Marx has bribed people to get these reputation points.Enigmatic Harpo Marx has bribed people to get these reputation points.Enigmatic Harpo Marx has bribed people to get these reputation points.Enigmatic Harpo Marx has bribed people to get these reputation points.Enigmatic Harpo Marx has bribed people to get these reputation points.Enigmatic Harpo Marx has bribed people to get these reputation points.
Default Re: Flat Earth? Hell Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty View Post
In 6th grade my teacher started talking about evolution and I told her to f off like a true republican.
How do "true republicans" "f off"?
__________________
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Death, I will fear no evil...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
creation science, daniel, flat earth, geology, heliocentric: theory in crises, isaiah, jeremiah, job, revelations

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Find Additional Forums Here

The information presented here is Biblically accurate. Opinions concerning the technical difficulties, fitness requirements, safety, and ratings of self-crucifixion, flagellation, stoning, destroying enemies of GOD utterly, without mercy, and other activities inherent in Christianity are subjective and may differ from yours or others' opinions; therefore be warned that you must exercise your own judgment as to the difficulty and your ability to safely protect yourself from the inherent risks and dangers. Do not use the information provided on this site unless you are a True Christian ™ who understands and accepts the risks of participating in these activities. Landover Baptist Church makes reasonable efforts to include accurate and up to date information on this website, errors or omissions sometimes occur, therefore the information contained on here is provided "as is" and without warranties of any kind either expressed or implied. Viewing, reading, or any other use of the information contained within this web site is purely the voluntary will of the viewer or user. You, 'the viewer' or 'user' shall not hold the publisher, owner, authors or other contributors of The Jesus Experience responsible for any incidents related directly or indirectly to the Experience. Landover Baptist Church, et. al., assumes no liability or responsibility for your actions.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:51 AM.


Powered by Jesus - vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Landover Baptist Forums © 1999, 2009 all rights reserved