The Landover Baptist Church
Like us or burn

Go Back   The Landover Baptist Church Forum > Bible Study > Favorite Bible Verses

Favorite Bible Verses Brother Harry's Bible Study and more!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-05-2013, 05:19 AM
Artofburning's Avatar
Artofburning Artofburning is offline
Forum Member
Forum Member
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 51
Artofburning has bribed people to get these reputation points.Artofburning has bribed people to get these reputation points.Artofburning has bribed people to get these reputation points.Artofburning has bribed people to get these reputation points.Artofburning has bribed people to get these reputation points.Artofburning has bribed people to get these reputation points.Artofburning has bribed people to get these reputation points.Artofburning has bribed people to get these reputation points.
Default Concerning nonbelievers

Greetings Landover Baptist Church!

I started rereading the book of Zephaniah and stumbled upon - rather quickly actually! - the verse:

" "I will completely remove all things From the face of the Earth..." declares the Lord....
"...those who have turned back from following the Lord and those who have not sought the Lord or inquired of Him." "
Zephaniah 1:2-6

I thought it was quite refreshing reading that because it definitely reinforced the fact that God frowns upon atheists, unbelievers, and idolaters. It's also refreshing to know that those who choose to not believe in Him have a very unpleasant surprise awaiting them in the afterlife!

Anyway, just thought I'd share that with you all...Thank you for your time.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-10-2013, 09:30 AM
alex.siegel alex.siegel is offline
Unsaved trash, dope addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Worshipping Morgan Freeman
Posts: 58
alex.siegel is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.alex.siegel is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.alex.siegel is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.alex.siegel is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.alex.siegel is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.
Default Re: Concerning nonbelievers

But how do we know that God is real and that the Bible is true?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-10-2013, 10:16 AM
MitzaLizalor's Avatar
MitzaLizalor MitzaLizalor is offline
Completely CRAZY for the Lord
True Christian™

Protected by JESUS True Christian Caucasian Ready for the Rapture Heaven Bound Mission to Australia Christian Love Real American™ Friend of Jesus Flat Earth TC Bravery The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking One Year/1000 posts Best stoning bucket True Christian Lady Pro-Life True Scientist™ True Christian™ True Christian Artist True Christian Beauty Most Obedient Batman Shooting Survivor Kangi Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Prayer Warrior Early riser Nuts for JESUS! Touched by Jesus 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Yarra Valley
Posts: 5,981
MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Concerning nonbelievers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420wakeandbake69 View Post
But how do we know that God is real and that the Bible is true?
The Bible explains that God made the world, all the animals, various other things.

"Oh, really?" declares the scoffer.
"Where are these things God supposedly made?" sneers the atheist.
"Faith is no explanation for me," parrots their secularist bedfellow. "I need evidence!"

OK, I can see that you need evidence since you have no faith, and I don't need The Bible to provide it.

Just say I claimed I'd made a gerlfjthmsuencxi. Where is it? What does it do? Have I hidden my gerlfjthmsuencxi so that no-one can see it? So that only persons of faith will accept its existence? Perhaps I say it's invisible ..but ..it is there ..really

But in reality there is no gerlfjthmsuencxi, I didn't make one at all indeed, there is no such thing.

God is not like that. Not only has the world He made NOT been hidden but it is rather obvious. By looking around, I can see those trees. The animals are actually there. At night I can see those stars He told me He'd made. That is hard evidence. What The Bible explains is born out by observation. And every detail is exactly as claimed.

Even the travail of childbirth is just as God predicted it would be and the bite of the serpent, all those years ago.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-10-2013, 02:42 PM
Eddie James Eddie James is offline
Unsaved trash, sheep lover
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Godless Scotland
Posts: 145
Eddie James is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Eddie James is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Eddie James is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Eddie James is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Eddie James is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Eddie James is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.
Wink Re: Concerning nonbelievers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitzaLizalor View Post
The Bible explains that God made the world, all the animals, various other things.

"Oh, really?" declares the scoffer.
"Where are these things God supposedly made?" sneers the atheist.
"Faith is no explanation for me," parrots their secularist bedfellow. "I need evidence!"

OK, I can see that you need evidence since you have no faith, and I don't need The Bible to provide it.

Just say I claimed I'd made a gerlfjthmsuencxi. Where is it? What does it do? Have I hidden my gerlfjthmsuencxi so that no-one can see it? So that only persons of faith will accept its existence? Perhaps I say it's invisible ..but ..it is there ..really

But in reality there is no gerlfjthmsuencxi, I didn't make one at all indeed, there is no such thing.

God is not like that. Not only has the world He made NOT been hidden but it is rather obvious. By looking around, I can see those trees. The animals are actually there. At night I can see those stars He told me He'd made. That is hard evidence. What The Bible explains is born out by observation. And every detail is exactly as claimed.

Even the travail of childbirth is just as God predicted it would be and the bite of the serpent, all those years ago.

But God isn't real,
Reality exists through empirical evidence, we can't see god, hear him or physically touch him, therefore he isn't part of our reality. You agree when you say he's supernatural.
Ironically if he indeed could be seen or heard or interact with us, he would become part of our reality, and would be bound by the laws of science.
Any old fool can claim to be god and many do. Doesn't mean they are though.


If your saying that god created everything we see, then who created god?
It's an oxymormon to assert the necessity of creation to complex organisms and then dismiss the same for a deity, who as a creator would surly be more complex than us.

It's really very straight forward. If there really was a deity then he's unlikely to be accurately depicted and described by Iron Age illiterate shepherds, with no understanding of the natural world, more likely he is a myth, conjured by man to lesson their phobia of death or to assert order in society, and like the thousands of deities that have come and gone. I put it to you, that in just a few short years from now, Christianity will be dismissed by everyone, much in the same way Zues and Thor are now.
Separation of religion and state, is the way forward, understanding and acceptance regardless of individual positions is important and necessary for peace and tranquility. Many Christians can maintain their faith and still accept and respect the positions of others.
Why can't you?
I read a post by a "true Christian" on here, he said that certain texts in the bible shouldn't be adhered to, like giving all your money to the poor.
If you can dismiss that, then why not dismiss the homophobia and the misogyny? The fascism and the prejudice?
You seem more sadistic than religious I'm afraid

I don't believe in an afterlife, but I do believe in life before death.
__________________
Psalm 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done
abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-10-2013, 02:58 PM
Ezekiel Bathfire's Avatar
Ezekiel Bathfire Ezekiel Bathfire is offline
Pastor for Diversity and Tolerance
Christ's Rottweiler
 

One Year/1000 posts Saved 1 Year 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College True Christian™ The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking Christian Love Real American™ Tithing Manager Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS True Scientist™ Pastor of GOD Ex-Masturbator Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Senior Pastor Teabag Patriot TC Bravery Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Tell her once Persecuted Porn Resistant The Hatchet Child Rearing Award Ex-Brit Eats the Most Pork True Republican Ex-eurotrash Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Kirk Cameron Fan Club Nuts for JESUS! Prayer Warrior Touched by Jesus 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toiling selflessly towards Salvation
Posts: 17,909
Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Concerning nonbelievers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie James View Post
I don't believe in an afterlife, but I do believe in life before death.
So, the question arises, "If you can distinguish between that which is alive, that which is dead and that which is inanimate, "What is "life""?"

God says "Life" is the spirit: the soul, if you will.

So what is this "life-force" that distinguishes us from rocks? You have no idea, yet you simply say, "I know it dies with the person."

For Goodness sakes! How can you know that?
__________________


Amen Bathfire E
We are the pure and chosen few,
And all the rest are damned.
There’s room enough in hell for you—
We don’t want heaven crammed.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-10-2013, 03:11 PM
Eddie James Eddie James is offline
Unsaved trash, sheep lover
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Godless Scotland
Posts: 145
Eddie James is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Eddie James is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Eddie James is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Eddie James is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Eddie James is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Eddie James is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.
Default Re: Concerning nonbelievers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezekiel Bathfire View Post
So, the question arises, "If you can distinguish between that which is alive, that which is dead and that which is inanimate, "What is "life""?"

God says "Life" is the spirit: the soul, if you will.

So what is this "life-force" that distinguishes us from rocks? You have no idea, yet you simply say, "I know it dies with the person."

For Goodness sakes! How can you know that?
But you make the assumption life has been given to us by something other than our parents?
I don't make that assumption.
I don't know the ins and outs of the molecular structures, or how they derived into such order as to sustain an organism that feels pain, or knows of compassion. Because I'm not a biologist

But I do know if I wanted to learn the facts of how the body has organised individual inanimate atoms in such a way as to support life, I can just go on to the Internet and pull up publicly available research on the matter, all backed up with the empirical evidence needed to assert it's truth

It's all very simple really.
Atheism doesn't mean we know everything about science, but most of us know the information in readily available for all those who wish to see it and not to practice faith from hearsay
__________________
Psalm 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done
abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-10-2013, 06:50 PM
alex.siegel alex.siegel is offline
Unsaved trash, dope addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Worshipping Morgan Freeman
Posts: 58
alex.siegel is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.alex.siegel is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.alex.siegel is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.alex.siegel is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.alex.siegel is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.
Default Re: Concerning nonbelievers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezekiel Bathfire View Post
So, the question arises, "If you can distinguish between that which is alive, that which is dead and that which is inanimate, "What is "life""?"

God says "Life" is the spirit: the soul, if you will.

So what is this "life-force" that distinguishes us from rocks? You have no idea, yet you simply say, "I know it dies with the person."

For Goodness sakes! How can you know that?

It's quite simple. The life force that sets us apart is called Deoxyribonucleic acid. It's a specific arrangement of molecules to essentially form what is "life." In that respect we are different than rocks. But us, as human beings, are a species of animal. We are no different than any other animal, in terms of chemical composition. We do have much higher cognitive ability, and thus can think much more intelligently than any other animal, which is why we succeeded as a species. We became the dominant species on Earth not because of some Dione intervention, but because Human beings are, by nature very adaptable and able to survive.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-10-2013, 07:15 PM
Mary Etheldreda's Avatar
Mary Etheldreda Mary Etheldreda is online now
Gushing for Jesus
 

Protected by JESUS Christian Love Heaven Bound Ready for the Rapture Cleanest Kitchen Ex-Mary Worshipper True Christian™ Real American™ True Christian Caucasian Persecuted Pro-Life Most Obedient Friend of Jesus True Christian Homemaker True Christian Beauty 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College True Republican Mother of 1 boy or 2.5 girls Quiverful Mother of 2 boys or 5 girls Super Soaker Baptism Award 3rd Year Bible College One Year/1000 posts True Christian Lady Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Tomato Staker Hatchet Child Rearing Award Kirk Cameron Fan Club Saved 1 Year Prayer Warrior The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking The Hatchet Child Rearing Award 4th Year Bible College Paula Deen Negro Support Group TC Bravery Touched by Jesus Heart of compassion Babysitter 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 12,740
Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Concerning nonbelievers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420wakeandbake69 View Post
Human beings are, by nature very adaptable and able to survive.
That's just how God intended!

Praise JESUS!
__________________
.



Proud Quiver Full Mommy To Many

(Psalm 127:3-5)


Open Invitation To Atheists: 5 Reasons To Join the Church Repent, and join us today!
Reasons To Believe (1 Peter 3:15) Logical And practical answers to a common question
Autism - the New Gay Atheists conduct a nation-wide social experiment with children - Autism.
The Truth About New Atheism Why Atheism is a Religion, And New Atheism Is Evil
Collecting Recipes For Placenta: Fetal Bread Of Life Ladies, share your recipes here for the fetal "Bread Of Life" (John 6:35)
Does God Love Me? A Biblical explanation of who God loves!



Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-10-2013, 07:56 PM
alex.siegel alex.siegel is offline
Unsaved trash, dope addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Worshipping Morgan Freeman
Posts: 58
alex.siegel is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.alex.siegel is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.alex.siegel is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.alex.siegel is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.alex.siegel is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.
Default Re: Concerning nonbelievers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda View Post
That's just how God intended!

Praise JESUS!
I'm afraid to inform you that nature is harsh. So harsh, in fact, that many times species are simply unfit for survival. All of those species die out. The only ones left are the ones that are good at survival. Human beings are so marvelous because we are the product of many years of environmental tailoring. When the climate changed, and the Earth got much colder, many species died. Humans simply formed new methods of hunting and surviving. Keep in mind that we aren't the only animals to be extremely intelligent either. Chimpanzees, our closest extant relative, of which we are 99% genetically identical to, have been recorded using sharpened sticks as spears, and huntin with them. They, however, still do not possess the cognitive ability that people do. Somewhere along the lines of human development, there was a person-esque thing (Not quite a Human, but pretty close) who had a baby that was mutated. The baby wasn't a normal one, it had a different brain, due to a generic mutation from development. Thus, it was far smarter, so it survived for longer, and in turn had more children that it passed this trait on to.

I'm just trying to say that we are who we are because of thousands of years of natural selection. The weak people die, so only the strong survive, and humanity is stronger in the future. God had nothing to do with it.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-10-2013, 10:28 PM
Basilissa's Avatar
Basilissa Basilissa is offline
True Christian™
True Christian™

Friend of Jesus Ready for the Rapture True Christian™ Real American™ Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS True Christian Caucasian Flat Earth Persecuted Prayer Warrior Kirk Cameron Fan Club Bronze Tither Paula Deen Negro Support Group One Year/1000 posts Touched by Jesus In Love With Zeke TC Bravery 

Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Landover Baptist Church Mission to Godless South America
Posts: 2,444
Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Concerning nonbelievers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420wakeandbake69 View Post
I'm afraid to inform you that nature is harsh. So harsh, in fact, that many times species are simply unfit for survival. All of those species die out. The only ones left are the ones that are good at survival. Human beings are so marvelous because we are the product of many years of environmental tailoring. When the climate changed, and the Earth got much colder, many species died. Humans simply formed new methods of hunting and surviving. Keep in mind that we aren't the only animals to be extremely intelligent either. Chimpanzees, our closest extant relative, of which we are 99% genetically identical to, have been recorded using sharpened sticks as spears, and huntin with them. They, however, still do not possess the cognitive ability that people do. Somewhere along the lines of human development, there was a person-esque thing (Not quite a Human, but pretty close) who had a baby that was mutated. The baby wasn't a normal one, it had a different brain, due to a generic mutation from development. Thus, it was far smarter, so it survived for longer, and in turn had more children that it passed this trait on to.

I'm just trying to say that we are who we are because of thousands of years of natural selection. The weak people die, so only the strong survive, and humanity is stronger in the future. God had nothing to do with it.
Wrong.

Whichever species died off (didn't survive the Great Flood), it was all part of God's design.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-10-2013, 10:43 PM
alex.siegel alex.siegel is offline
Unsaved trash, dope addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Worshipping Morgan Freeman
Posts: 58
alex.siegel is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.alex.siegel is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.alex.siegel is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.alex.siegel is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.alex.siegel is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.
Default Re: Concerning nonbelievers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basilissa View Post
Wrong.

Whichever species died off (didn't survive the Great Flood), it was all part of God's design.
Too bad that the only evidence that we have for a "great flood" is from a crusty, 2000 year-old book...
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-10-2013, 10:45 PM
Basilissa's Avatar
Basilissa Basilissa is offline
True Christian™
True Christian™

Friend of Jesus Ready for the Rapture True Christian™ Real American™ Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS True Christian Caucasian Flat Earth Persecuted Prayer Warrior Kirk Cameron Fan Club Bronze Tither Paula Deen Negro Support Group One Year/1000 posts Touched by Jesus In Love With Zeke TC Bravery 

Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Landover Baptist Church Mission to Godless South America
Posts: 2,444
Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Concerning nonbelievers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420wakeandbake69 View Post
Too bad that the only evidence that we have for a "great flood" is from a crusty, 2000 year-old book...
Most of it is much older than 2000 years.

It is the Word of God, what other evidence do we need?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-10-2013, 10:49 PM
alex.siegel alex.siegel is offline
Unsaved trash, dope addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Worshipping Morgan Freeman
Posts: 58
alex.siegel is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.alex.siegel is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.alex.siegel is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.alex.siegel is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.alex.siegel is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.
Default Re: Concerning nonbelievers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basilissa View Post
Most of it is much older than 2000 years.

It is the Word of God, what other evidence do we need?
Evidence that God is actually a real thing.

I don't trust stuff that people tell me unless I know that they're trustworthy. I have no reason to believe that God exists, therefore I have no reason to believe anything that he supposedly said.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-10-2013, 10:52 PM
Basilissa's Avatar
Basilissa Basilissa is offline
True Christian™
True Christian™

Friend of Jesus Ready for the Rapture True Christian™ Real American™ Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS True Christian Caucasian Flat Earth Persecuted Prayer Warrior Kirk Cameron Fan Club Bronze Tither Paula Deen Negro Support Group One Year/1000 posts Touched by Jesus In Love With Zeke TC Bravery 

Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Landover Baptist Church Mission to Godless South America
Posts: 2,444
Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Concerning nonbelievers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420wakeandbake69 View Post
Evidence that God is actually a real thing.

I don't trust stuff that people tell me unless I know that they're trustworthy. I have no reason to believe that God exists, therefore I have no reason to believe anything that he supposedly said.
I also don't trust people (e.g., scientists). I do, however, trust God. Why wouldn't I? He knows everything, and He put everything that I need to know in the Holy Bible.

Praise LORD!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-10-2013, 10:58 PM
alex.siegel alex.siegel is offline
Unsaved trash, dope addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Worshipping Morgan Freeman
Posts: 58
alex.siegel is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.alex.siegel is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.alex.siegel is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.alex.siegel is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.alex.siegel is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.
Default Re: Concerning nonbelievers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basilissa View Post
I also don't trust people (e.g., scientists). I do, however, trust God. Why wouldn't I? He knows everything, and He put everything that I need to know in the Holy Bible.

Praise LORD!
But he's not real. You have no solid, concrete proof that he exists, yet you completely disregard science, which is generally testable, solid statements. Why?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-11-2013, 04:05 AM
Pastor Ezekiel's Avatar
Pastor Ezekiel Pastor Ezekiel is offline
Putting the "stud" back in Bible Study
 

One Year/1000 posts Ribfest '09 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College Saved 1 Year Long service medal, 3rd class Christian Love True Christian™ The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking Real American™ True Heterosexual™ Tithing Manager 2008 Witch Hunt Award Gunfest '09 Senior Pastor Mission to Australia Heaven Bound Tagging for Jesus The Lord’s Witness Wound Home Schooled Punched the most queers TC Bravery Protected by JESUS Pastor of GOD Ex-Masturbator Jailed for JESUS Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Teabag Patriot 20,000 posts Friend of Jesus 2010 Witch Hunt Award Flat Earth 50,000 posts Tell her once Persecuted Porn Resistant Mission to Japan Pro-Life Mission to Las Vegas True Christian Provider™ award True Scientist™ Eats the Most Pork 2011 Witch Hunt Award Outreach preacher Special Mission (North Korea) Golden Bear Award True Republican Batman Shooting Survivor Sons of Liberty Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! WisconSIN Shooting survivor Proud Niglet Sponsorer Truck Stop Ministry Member Hatchet Child Rearing Award Kirk Cameron Fan Club In Love With Zeke Bear Prayer Warrior 2012 Witch Hunt Award Man of the Year True Christian Hotrodder Paula Deen Negro Support Group Gator Touched by Jesus 75,000 posts Man of the Year Babysitter 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Freehold, Iowa
Posts: 76,205
Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Concerning nonbelievers

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.siegel View Post
But he's not real. You have no solid, concrete proof that he exists, yet you completely disregard science, which is generally testable, solid statements. Why?

__________________
Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-11-2013, 04:18 AM
crispybrain's Avatar
crispybrain crispybrain is offline
Unsaved trash, texas queer
Under Investigation
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: In a cave with my coven
Posts: 17
crispybrain is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.crispybrain is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.crispybrain is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.crispybrain is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.crispybrain is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.
Default Re: Concerning nonbelievers

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.siegel View Post
But how do we know that God is real and that the Bible is true?
We don't, simple as that
__________________
1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
23:Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-11-2013, 06:17 AM
Redeemed Papist's Avatar
Redeemed Papist Redeemed Papist is offline
Former Mary Hailer who has seen The Light©
True Christian™

Ex-Mary Worshipper Protected by JESUS Heaven Bound Ready for the Rapture One Year/1000 posts Christian Love Friend of Jesus True Christian™ Ex-Masturbator Tell her once Flat Earth Porn Resistant Ex-Brit Eats the Most Pork 2011 Witch Hunt Award True Republican Ex-eurotrash True Christian Caucasian Persecuted Punched the most queers Super Soaker Baptism Award TC Bravery True Scientist™ True Heterosexual™ Batman Shooting Survivor True Scientist™ Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Saved 1 Year Prayer Warrior Kirk Cameron Fan Club The Lord’s Witness Wound Pro-Life Teabag Patriot Touched by Jesus Gold Tither 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Surrounded By Married Homos and Baby Killers in Godless England
Posts: 10,120
Redeemed Papist will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Redeemed Papist will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Redeemed Papist will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Redeemed Papist will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Redeemed Papist will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Redeemed Papist will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Redeemed Papist will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Redeemed Papist will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Redeemed Papist will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Redeemed Papist will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Redeemed Papist will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Concerning nonbelievers

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.siegel View Post
Too bad that the only evidence that we have for a "great flood" is from a crusty, 2000 year-old book...
You have a better explanation for seashells up mountains and whale bones in the desert?

I bet it's far fetched nonsenes like mountains move and deserts were once the sea floor.
__________________

Isaiah 34:6 The sword of the LORD is filled with blood, it is made fat with fatness, and with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of the kidneys of rams: for the LORD hath a sacrifice in Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Idumea.

John 5:46,47 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Join me in scoffing at backwards Muslims clinging to their beliefs in the face of the evidence!
The truth about volcanos
Sex and debauchery in public schools
Faith wins over science (explained for even the very stupid)
God Cures AIDS - GLORY!
Desert whale bones prove Great Flood once and for all.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-11-2013, 06:23 AM
Jack O'fagan's Avatar
Jack O'fagan Jack O'fagan is offline
With faith as immovable as the Earth
True Christian™

Protected by JESUS Ready for the Rapture Friend of Jesus Real American™ True Christian Caucasian Ready for the Rapture Porn Resistant True Christian™ Flat Earth Tell her once Ex-Masturbator Heaven Bound Persecuted Porn Resistant Pro-Life Christian Love 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College One Year/1000 posts True Scientist™ Ex-Brit True Republican Ex-eurotrash Eats the Most Pork 3rd Year Bible College Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Saved 1 Year Prayer Warrior 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Body in England but HEART IN FREEHOLD!
Posts: 4,682
Jack O'fagan will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jack O'fagan will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jack O'fagan will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jack O'fagan will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jack O'fagan will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jack O'fagan will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jack O'fagan will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jack O'fagan will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jack O'fagan will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jack O'fagan will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jack O'fagan will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Concerning nonbelievers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed Papist View Post

I bet it's far fetched nonsenes like mountains move and deserts were once the sea floor.
Yes, I wish I had enough faith to be an atheist,

YIC

Jack
__________________
Genesis 22:2 And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.



I know God wouldn't let me believe in Him if He didn't exist.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-11-2013, 07:33 AM
alex.siegel alex.siegel is offline
Unsaved trash, dope addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Worshipping Morgan Freeman
Posts: 58
alex.siegel is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.alex.siegel is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.alex.siegel is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.alex.siegel is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.alex.siegel is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.
Default Re: Concerning nonbelievers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed Papist View Post
You have a better explanation for seashells up mountains and whale bones in the desert?

I bet it's far fetched nonsenes like mountains move and deserts were once the sea floor.
So the climate of Earth changing over the course of millions of years is nonsense but an old dude that lives in the sky magically putting water everywhere is?

This book is 2000 piffleing years old people... People wanted to explain stuff. It's the same reason that the Greek gods existed. People want to rationalize things that they don't understand.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Find Additional Forums Here

The information presented here is Biblically accurate. Opinions concerning the technical difficulties, fitness requirements, safety, and ratings of self-crucifixion, flagellation, stoning, destroying enemies of GOD utterly, without mercy, and other activities inherent in Christianity are subjective and may differ from yours or others' opinions; therefore be warned that you must exercise your own judgment as to the difficulty and your ability to safely protect yourself from the inherent risks and dangers. Do not use the information provided on this site unless you are a True Christian ™ who understands and accepts the risks of participating in these activities. Landover Baptist Church makes reasonable efforts to include accurate and up to date information on this website, errors or omissions sometimes occur, therefore the information contained on here is provided "as is" and without warranties of any kind either expressed or implied. Viewing, reading, or any other use of the information contained within this web site is purely the voluntary will of the viewer or user. You, 'the viewer' or 'user' shall not hold the publisher, owner, authors or other contributors of The Jesus Experience responsible for any incidents related directly or indirectly to the Experience. Landover Baptist Church, et. al., assumes no liability or responsibility for your actions.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:50 PM.


Powered by Jesus - vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Landover Baptist Forums © 1999, 2009 all rights reserved