X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by James Hutchins View Post
    Am I the only person to not see the elephant in the room . . . [No: have you met Harsha Shah? -ed.] My suggestion is Concertina wire, available in 1,000' spools at Bobby Joe's Sporting goods.
    I am not familiar with concertina wire. I suppose something has to hold the instruments together. The music is unapologetically tonal, though. Are you suggesting replacing Pastor's sermon with schnapps and Schwyzerörgeli?

Comment

Originally posted by MitzaLizalor View Post
      Are you suggesting replacing Pastor's sermon with schnapps and Schwyzerörgeli?

MY EARS! I think they're bleeding.... THAT will never work. I think something sacred will be what Jesus wants to hear.

sigpic

I loved Newt before Newt was invincible

Comment

I'm not sure about Mr O'Death (if that's his real name?) who reminded me of the first and only event (a wedding) I attended where an English "vicar" was presiding. We gathered around. The groom was trying to look look nervous, there was a piano I was supposed to play but everyone decamped into a side room so we morphed into a different event for those who remained (not many) a sort of Pavan & Galliard adapted to the instrument since, so far as I could see, there were no virginals available, anyway – the main event kicked off in a sort of church (a private chapel) and this nutter in fancy dress got up the front looking like an oversized ventriloquist's doll, intrigued I was until the mouth opened and this falsetto on about a g sounded off, warbling I don't know what, the bride looked aghast and I'm not surprised. The groom at this stage was beyond looking anything, as were his supporters to be honest I had my doubts about that antechamber.

Thin and reedy in no way describes any Baptist pastor's delivery, particularly not ours, unless obviously they're just pretending to be Baptists. I won't name names but we all know the sorts of charlatans out there looking for an easy dollar AND VERY SURPRISINGLY seeming to get one. Or several million. Unbelievable.

The rather exhausted-looking bass player in my clip can probably be excused, given the demands placed upon him during "rehearsals" as anyone can see, but otherwise for those less depleted can there be any excuse? A idol right there in its alcove? Clutching what looked like a rosary? I'm not trying to be a religious jingoist here but names starting with O’ usually herald a bulkier mass of warblers even than in Rome.

RomeIreland?*England
        The O’'s distinguish themselves The North hived off [ABOVE] in ways unknown to other islands: Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Spitsbergen, Great Britain, Greenland and so on: two figures are supplied but in any event, Rome is outnumbered significantly and I'm confident there'll be no Schleiermacher warbled from Zeke's pulpit any time soon.

Comment

Sister Miza, I'm sure we can agree there are never any virginals present at a wedding officiated by a Vicar... More importantly, what you dismiss as "thin and reedy", in the great Ralph Stanley's singing, is actually the most authentic Appalachian vocalizing you'll likely ever hear. It's known as the "high lonesome" sound, and it brings audiences to Jesus faster than an English girl can say, "I need another 300 quid for a scrape job."
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Lee View Post
            ..what you dismiss as "thin and reedy", in the great Ralph Stanley's singing, is actually the most authentic Appalachian vocalizing you'll likely ever hear.
            Oh, I'm sorry, my thin/reedy comment referred to High Anglican warbling. There are comparatively normal vicars, some of whom became Brethren or Methodist movers & shakers (not that I've seen much shaking or moving in either) (but the Quakers do have excellent taste in pianos) (as do Methodists in pipe organs) (but Quakers may - or may not - never have been Anglicans) (because let's face it, Henry VIII wasn't a Quaker) (even if his daughter was pretty close to their basic concepts and a de facto Baptist) (unlike her sister, Bloody Mary, who was demon possessed) but overall neither vicars nor English girls bring audiences closer to Jesus.

Their reformation had immediate outcomes, swings and roundabouts for a century or so, for which I'm eternally grateful: who knows whether I'd have been brought up as a Romish or Meccan heretic otherwise? Not that I see much difference: Rome's dissipated idolatry versus Mecca's concentrated form? What are their plans for us? What are their plans for me? Death as apostate fools—according to them, given time–but not according to Jesus:
            I Corinthians 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Comment

Originally posted by MitzaLizalor View Post
              I Corinthians 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Indeed, it's the power of preaching during the Great Awakening (in British slang, the Evangelical Revival) that slammed Evangelicalism down the throat of the Thomas Jeffersonianian liberals who promoted -- and continue to promote -- freedom from religion. True Christians™​ know that, like Paul, they are "prisoners to Jesus Christ" (Philemon 1:1), sometimes even being bound with ball gags and the sweetest of thorned restraints. Hallelujah
              sigpic

Comment

While on the topics of protecting Pastor Zeke and music, I think someone needs to have at the ready for Pastor Zeke really good musical performances. Certainly, the high lonesome traditional music gives Pastor a favor of the history he must deal with in his mission. I would suggest we combine history with the ultimate beauty and art of our late and great performers. One was Slim Whitman. I'm certain Pastor would enjoy having this on his play list:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                Isaiah 24:1-3 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty (2)...as the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him. (3) The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken his word.

Comment

Originally posted by Johny Joe Hold View Post
                  protecting Pastor Zeke and music
                  Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                  Probably best to watch out for this ..er ..performer? Sure to get smuggled in otherwise. Satan has no limits when calling up his best-loved demon from the bottle, Jesus notwithstanding.

John 2:9-11 When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and knew not whence it was [he] called the bridegroom, and saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now. This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him.

Comment

Slim Whitman produces an ethereal sound in the tradition of Alessandro Moreschi​. And Slim Dusty has been the Celebrate Recovery poster child for many years. But the heftiest Slim of all is Slim Pickens, who in 1964 famously rode the bomb to ground-zero in Nikita Khrushchev's Russia. Slim Pickins is everyone's favorite Slim of all.

sigpic

Comment

It's absolutely no use.....

There is no way well-armed (but humble and timid) True Christians™ can possibly defend themselves against the withering, sharp-tongued, abrasive LIEbrals with their HUMONGOUS print media conglomerates that threaten every well-armed patriot with withholding their 2nd Amendment rights. No massive arsenal of hundreds of automatic weapons with 210k rounds of ammunition, rocket launchers smuggled in from Turkey, crates of hand grenades, and 50 mm machine guns pirated from a lost shipment to Afghanistan can match the harsh rhetoric fired down upon individual citizens from the tyrants and violent maniacs from the rabid LEFT bent upon smashing our inherent Constitutional rights. These so-called "Federal Officials" working for the illegitimate "Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms" who have "proof" of "smuggling" "deadly weapons" to "teenage gangs" in "Chicago, St. Louis, Dallas, Memphis and Atlanta" for profit to establish an arsenal to "help" overthrow the "Government" is ridiculous.

We did no such thing, and saying we did is an invitation to a bloody, violent revolution the likes of which you've never seen. You will RUE THE DAY you used mild language to impugn the heartfelt patriotism and bloodlust that the MAGA movement is ready to reign down on everyone in this soon-to-be GREAT AGAIN country!!!!

Also, my wife will be using the car on Thursday, so can someone give me a ride to the Torch March through Downtown? If you can pick me up around 5:30 so I can attend the torch lighting and robe ceremony, it would be appreciated. Give me a call!!

Comment

Originally posted by H. Montague Worthington View Post
                        2nd Amendment rights. No massive arsenal of hundreds of automatic weapons with 210k rounds of ammunition, rocket launchers smuggled in from Turkey, crates of hand grenades, and 50 mm machine guns pirated from a lost shipment to Afghanistan can match the harsh rhetoric fired down upon individual citizens from the tyrants and violent maniacs from the rabid LEFT
                        Oh Brother Worthington, How I miss the good old days when we could enjoy a wholesome family outing to the gun sale at the Church.

Also, I'd be honored to offer you a ride to the Torch March. Be sure to invite some of your pool boys to accompany us, so we have something to do in the car.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Lee View Post

MY EARS! I think they're bleeding.... THAT will never work. I think something sacred will be what Jesus wants to hear.

Now, that's more like it, dear Brother Lee. Goodness, gracious! What was that warbling video all about?

You are quite right about the type of music that wants to hear, including dear Sister Glenda's lovely offering in song:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Isabella Signature Magenta.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	2069017

(Mrs.) Isabella White

Hebrews 10:19 " Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the of "

Comment

Good music for Pastor Zeke would also include the albums by Anita Bryant. She sang her heart out against homers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	20
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	2069028
                            Isaiah 24:1-3 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty (2)...as the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him. (3) The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken his word.

Comment

Originally posted by H. Montague Worthington View Post
                              There is no way well-armed (but humble and timid) True Christians™ can possibly defend themselves against the withering, sharp-tongued, abrasive LIEbrals with their HUMONGOUS print media conglomerates that threaten every well-armed patriot with withholding their 2nd Amendment rights. No massive arsenal of hundreds of automatic weapons with 210k rounds of ammunition, rocket launchers smuggled in from Turkey, crates of hand grenades, and 50 mm machine guns pirated from a lost shipment to Afghanistan can match the harsh rhetoric fired down upon individual citizens from the tyrants and violent maniacs from the rabid LEFT bent upon smashing our inherent Constitutional rights.
                              Brother Worthington, I apologize I missed your earlier post on this important topic. They say the pen is mightier than the sword but WHERE'S the regulation? Dangerous pen-wielding liberals with their razor wit and savage put downs are let loose on innocent conservatives armed with nothing more than a stockpile of more than 200k rounds of ammunition each and a selection of long and short range firearms. It's well past time we dismantle the apparatus of oppression, pens, biros, printers, ink cartridges, type writers, keyboards. These are what's hurtin' us real Americans.

We did no such thing, and saying we did is an invitation to a bloody, violent revolution the likes of which you've never seen. You will RUE THE DAY you used mild language to impugn the heartfelt patriotism and bloodlust that the MAGA movement is ready to reign down on everyone in this soon-to-be GREAT AGAIN country!!!!
                              Again, I agree 100%. The liberals have crossed the line with talk the likes of which the world has never seen before. To those arguing Mr. Trump's ear injury will impair his ability to hear the voters I say shut the hell up.
                              If I have seen further, it is by standing on the heads of others.

Comment

Here is why we need to pay Pastor Zeke and his small army of pastors well. They are subjected to sinful temptation constantly. Women throw themselves at our men and the Pastors must duel with Satan more than any other group. Here is the story of a fallen pastor who was unable to resist sinful overtures from another pastor's wife. While we who know the Bible and know Eve temped Adam with the apple and dressed only in fig leaves we are not put to the test the way our pastors are tested.

Johnny Hunt says pastor’s wife stalked, seduced him | Church & Ministries (christianpost.com)

Comment

Working...
                                X