X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harrison Butker: Christian camp done right

Harrison Butker lets us into his closet...

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	404.0 KB ID:	2067735
    Click image for larger version  Name:	3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	437.2 KB ID:	2067736
    Click image for larger version  Name:	4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	258.9 KB ID:	2067737
    Click image for larger version  Name:	9.jpg Views:	0 Size:	217.8 KB ID:	2067738
    Click image for larger version  Name:	10.jpg Views:	0 Size:	382.3 KB ID:	2067739
    sigpic

I loved Newt before Newt was invincible

Does he not have any socks?

Comment

Originally posted by MitzaLizalor View Post
      ​ Harrison Butke don't need no stinkin socks! He's got hair product and a dresser.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Lee View Post

​ Harrison Butke don't need no stinkin socks! He's got hair product and a dresser.
        Harrison is the guy we need speaking for all men about the proper behavior of women. He is handsome, an athlete and rich. Shoes that cost a fortune do not need socks.

Isaiah 24:1-3 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty (2)...as the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him. (3) The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken his word.

Comment

Originally posted by MitzaLizalor View Post
          Perhaps he forgot to put his socks on when he got dressed, dear Sister Mitza. Then again, as he is prepared for a flood, he likely didn't want to have sopping-wet socks to deal with later!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Butker.jpg Views:	32 Size:	144.3 KB ID:	2067752

Click image for larger version  Name:	Isabella Signature Rose.jpg Views:	30 Size:	15.5 KB ID:	2067753
          Last edited by Isabella White; 05-22-2024, 12:03 AM. Reason: Formatting error corrected.
          (Mrs.) Isabella White

Hebrews 10:19 " Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the of "

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Lee View Post

Indeed. He's better than Tim Tebow in that respect and perhaps that's why Tim Tebow has been forgotten. Women like a sharp dressed man, and traditional wives don't want to be embarrassed hanging off the arm of an average looking fellow.
            Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Comment

I can see that anyone dipping into the three-figure market for shoes would likely skimp in other areas too. When Jesus was born, He received earthly recognition in the form of valuables. At the time, ranked in order, we had MYRRH, GOLD and FRANKINCENSE, having traversed deserts to get there presumably via camel train. These are notoriously expensive to run & maintain—especially when transporting myrrh—so I'd assume reasonable quantities were involved. We also know Jesus was well dressed John 19:23 and seamless coats remain a high-end option today: they are very difficult to produce. Perhaps some of the frankincense could cover that but the fact remains that gold and myrrh, gifted by foreign potentates, would enable a very decent wardrobe.

Traditions are always important. In this respect the footwear accords with Christ's example, whether or not He needed to access His gold. But not all traditions are the same. For example, there's a tradition to dance around in decorated groves having consumed assorted toadstools, then sidling into an alcove (part of the décor) to "celebrate" the fertility season. Evidently this starts early around March and continues for some time. Anyway, that is one tradition. How should it be judged? By reference to God's Clear Commandments, from the example of those who followed them and the example of those who did not.
              A DECORATED GROVE
              II Kings 21:2-3 [Manasseh] did that which was evil in the sight of the LORD, after the abominations of the heathen, whom the LORD cast out before the children of Israel. For he built up again the high places which Hezekiah his father had destroyed; and he reared up altars for Baal, and made a grove as did Ahab king of Israel; and worshipped all the host of heaven, and served them.

Ahab? What did Ahab do?

I Kings 16:33 And Ahab made a grove; and Ahab did more to provoke the LORD God of Israel to anger than all the kings of Israel that were before him.

Now say an owner commanded his wife to set up a grove and go in there, provoking God to anger by casting horoscopes or doing tarot readings or prancing around for the amusement of visitors (all three, most likely) what would be her position? Although as a homemaker a home of sorts would be created, in line with the homeowner's expectations, this would not be a Godly home. For those looking to marry it is so important that God's example is followed in any commandments one receives and is thus obliged to follow. Perhaps if the deaconess were available to advise in this respect, that would be helpful, preferably before any engagement, with Pastor taking the gentleman to one side perhaps for a weekend retreat to glean his standing in Christ, there being so many heretics "on the market" in these last days.

Comment

I was sad because I had no shoes, but then I saw a man who had no socks.

Did someone ask what Ahab did?

The Christian Right: The Only Right Way to Be a Christian!

Comment

Originally posted by WWJDnow View Post
                  I was sad because I had no shoes, but then I saw a man who had no socks.

Did someone ask what Ahab did?

Brother, I don't know what Harrison Butke or Jesus thinks of Ahab, Ray Stevens, or any of this, but as for me and my house, we're retreating into out split-level pad and praying the sun will come out tomorrow.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X