X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If you HAD to choose another religion....?

I suppose, if I could no longer be a Baptist, I'd give Pentacostalism a try. At least they believe in the Bible, even if they do prance around and shout in church like they were black people.
    The Christian Right: The Only Right Way to Be a Christian!

Comment

I suppose if I had to choose, I’d be one of those Mormon fellas. They ain’t Christian but at least they ain’t islams.
      -Your dear friend in Christ our lord n savior, forever and always amen to him our father, SouthernAndSaved

Comment

Originally posted by WWJDnow View Post
        I suppose, if I could no longer be a Baptist, I'd give Pentacostalism a try. At least they believe in the Bible, even if they do prance around and shout in church like they were black people.
        Well, that is very interesting, dear Brother Now. You might not know this about me, but my dear Daddy was a Pentecostal evangelist. So, I was raised in the Pentecostal "Holiness" tradition, with an emphasis on the Gifts of the Holy Ghost (healing, speaking in tongues. prophecy, etc.), particularly during the "Latter Rain" era.

Now, some have asked why I have left that church, in favor of the Baptist church — and, especially this blessed . As you have mentioned, there is the prancing around and shouting that happens in the Pentecostal services. Not only that, but I was growing weary of the snake-handling, even though the promises protection, as written within the glorious pages of the :

Mark 16:18 "They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover."

Luke 10:19 "Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you."

However, after many decades of this sort of thing, and since I was getting on in years by then, all of that "drama" was becoming just too much for my frayed nerves to handle. And, preaches the true Gospel, so I knew that I would feel at home here. I mean, do you think, in reality, that you would want to get involved with the sort of "uncomfortable" worship practices as shown in the video clip, dear Brother?

(Mrs.) Isabella White

Hebrews 10:19 "Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the Blood of Jesus"

Comment

But clearly Northerners prefer their strychnine chocolate coated. The Bible does not seem to make serpent/poison interactions compulsory. Could this be a case of demonic possession?

Click image for larger version

Name:	arsenic strychnine.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	1925598

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Anthony J. Toole View Post
            Wondering for a friend who's been having a crisis of faith... what would you choose to worship if there was no possibility of being Christian any more?

I think the other major faiths are out of contention - just too laughably wrong. A bunch of conflicting rules clearly designed as a means of handling property transfer (incl. slaves, women, ass, etc.)? No thank you. Maybe Wellness™... but who can stand the smell of Gwyneth Paltrow's vagina for very long? Not many.

It's got to be Prosperity™. People's numerical rank is easily calculated and "Goodness" actually means something unlike our bullshit most religious concepts. The infrastructure is also in place - work for the unblessed, management to correct moral failings, leadership to provide visions, television to spread the corporate gospel. I can definitely imagine this.
            If you think it thoroughly through and are being honestst to yourself, there ist any other religion outside of the Catholic Church !

Religion per definitum means reaching a Relation with God (s).
            SO how can there be other religions, since the only true God is the Catolic one ?

But for the Sake of argument lets see what I think l would do, if forced to join a Non-Christian faith :

Oh I think I would join the Church who owns This Lovely Forum: The Landover Baptist Church !

As one of you I would instantly go to slighten your burden, by offering to take are of your little boys on a (Sun?)daily basis . . .
            Ex 20:4-5 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; <--- That includes Mary

Comment

Working...
            X