This is the Biblical list of the Ten Commandments (see e.g. this thread):
1. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
2.Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image.
3. Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain;
4. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
5. Honour thy father and thy mother:
6. Thou shalt not kill.
7. Thou shalt not commit adultery.
8. Thou shalt not steal.
9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
10.Thou shalt not covet . . .
Now look at this list copied from an ungodly Catholic website:
- I am the LORD your God. You shall worship the Lord your God and Him only shall you serve.
- You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.
- Remember to keep holy the Sabbath day.
- Honor your father and your mother.
- You shall not kill.
- You shall not commit adultery.
- You shall not steal.
- You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
- You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife.
- You shall not covet your neighbor’s goods.
a) removed the Second Commandment (in purple),
b) in order to make up for this omission, they divided the Tenth Commandment (in green), and
c) changed the numbering of everything in between.
This division is totally nonsensical, given that the removed Second Commandment takes a whole verse (Exodus 20:4, Deuteronomy 5:8), while the artificially divided the Tenth Commandment verse goes as follows:
Exodus 20:17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour’s.
The “wife” is squeezed between the “house” and the “manservant,” there is no way that she can be taken away and separated into a whole another commandment!
Although in Deuteronomy 5:21 the “wife” is listed before the “house,” it still is not a reason to divide a single verse into two different commandments.
I did a quick search of this blasphemous difference on the internet and it looks like it is St. Augustine’s fault. Apparently, Lutherans follow the same false version as Catholics.
I guess that explains all of the miraculous images of Mary etc – they simply wiped out the part of the Ten Commandments about making images!
Redeemed Papist (10-04-2013 04:23 PM): It should come as no surprise to True Christians that Catholics are deceitful and scripture twisting. Find me any reference to limbo or purgatory in the Bible. Find me anything in the Bible to suggest ...
Pastor Rune Enoe (19-05-2016 10:55 PM): Only an enemy of Jesus and his True Church(tm) would do so. 25907 ...
Redeemed Papist (19-05-2016 11:03 PM): As an ex Catholic I still find it so painful to recall just how deeply deluded I was by this cult. Such clearly fabricated dogma. The way it now seems so obvious it was all made up by power hungry child ...
Show all 3 replies.