1. Have dinner ready: Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a delicious meal — on time. This is a way of letting him know that you have been thinking about him, and are concerned about his needs. Most men are hungry when they come home and the prospects of a good meal are part of the warm welcome needed.
2. Prepare yourself: Take 15 minutes to rest so you will be refreshed when he arrives. Touch up your makeup, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh looking. He has just been with a lot of work-weary people. Be a little gay and a little more interesting. His boring day may need a lift.
3. Clear away the clutter. Make one last trip through the main part of the house just before your husband arrives, gathering up school books, toys, paper, etc. Then run a dust cloth over the tables. Your husband will feel he has reached a haven of rest and order, and it will give you a lift, too.
4. Prepare the children: Take a few minutes to wash the children’s hands and faces if they are small, comb their hair, and if necessary, change their clothes. They are little treasures and he would like to see them playing the part.
5. Minimize the noise: At the time of his arrival, eliminate all noise of washer, dryer, dishwasher or vacuum. Try to encourage the children to be quiet. Be happy to see him. Greet him with a warm smile and be glad to see him.
6. Some Don’ts: Don’t greet him with problems or complaints. Don’t complain if he’s late for dinner. Count this as minor compared with what he might have gone through that day.
7. Make him comfortable: Have him lean back in a comfortable chair or suggest he lie down in the bedroom. Have a cool or warm drink ready for him. Arrange his pillow and offer to take off his shoes. Speak in a low, soft, soothing and pleasant voice. Allow him to relax and unwind.
8. Listen to him: You may have a dozen things to tell him, but the moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first.
9. Make the evening his: Never complain if he does not take you out to dinner or to other places of entertainment; instead, try to understand his world of strain and pressure, his need to be home and relax.
10. The goal: Try to make your home a place of peace and order where your husband can relax.
A good Wife KNOWS her place!
And remember, a good spanking or slap upside of the head maybe required to keep her in line.
Mary Etheldreda (14-09-2014 07:11 PM): Mrs. Etheldreda, I really like the last part about the celebrities! I personally was angry not at the sharing of the photos, but at the women who created them and whored themselves! If they took the ...
Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson (14-09-2014 07:26 PM): Indeed, dear! This is very profound, if you don't mind my saying so. A woman who lacks the influence of a strong, Christian male (father, uncle, husband eventually) will naturally be reduced to feeding ...
whiteroses (16-09-2014 01:53 AM): Hello, dear. I'm not really sure how to tell you this, so I'll just be blunt: Your husband is a sodomite on his way to :hell-2:: Deuteronomy 23:17 There shall be no whore of the daughters of Israel, ...
Pastor Ezekiel (16-09-2014 02:00 AM): Well you're a foreigner and a woman, so chances are pretty good that you're going to burn in hell. In fact there is great debate amoungst learned theologians about whether or not a woman even has a soul. Your ...
Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson (16-09-2014 03:30 AM): Sisters, I thank you to your help. It seems wrong to me, but by the same token.....he is my husband. How do I guide him to seeing this without enraging him? This is a delicate matter. I do not want to ...
Anne Sayne (26-09-2016 11:10 PM): Very helpful tips! I usually do all of these things besides number 5 and number 7, and these little things have made George very happy! I'm so glad that I know my true place in the household! ...
Show all 138 replies.