The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   PRAYER REQUESTS (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Pray Your Antidepressants Fall Into Your Toilet Stool (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=75207)

Johny Joe Hold 03-01-2012 02:02 AM

Pray Your Antidepressants Fall Into Your Toilet Stool

God does not want you to take antidepressants. In Galations 5:22 He writes "..the fruit of the spirit is in...longsuffering.."

If you are depressed, God wants you to tough it out. Don't succomb to the sin of taking this medicine. All of us are praying you pitch your antidepressants.

lukasekman 03-12-2012 08:16 PM

Re: Pray Your Antidepressants Fall Into Your Toilet Stool

You're right!
I think depression is one (of several) nasty side effects of poor belief. I can hardly believe any Christian can be depressed, since we unlike atheists know that the Creation have a purpose. Atheist melt their brains why the make fruitless elaborate attempts to get a purpose with life.

Btw, antidepressants might be more sinful that commonly thought. According to neuropsychiatry, depression is a brain disease. But the blood-brain barrier prevent the drugs to get to the brain.
But the big pharma sinners know a vicious "back door". The bowels is believed to contain neural tissue (as the brain). Antidepressants works by stimulating nerves in the bowel. That's why stomach problems is a common side-effect to antidepressants.

Wouldn't just a perfectly aimed punch in the belly hit the correct nerves?

I think the Scientologists might be right about antidepressants, despite their otherwise insane worship of Xenu aliens. Same goes for insulin, the white slime some welfare moms inject in their diabetes possessed children.

LMartinez 05-17-2012 04:12 AM

Firstly, I want to say. Antidepressants. I have taken them, they are horrible. All they do is suppress my emotions.

I am heavily depressed. The problem here is the problem i face when i talk to anyone about depression, Christian or not. Depression is an illness, it is caused by a lack of serotonin in the brain which makes you feel bad. The same way that lack of christianity in the Australian government, makes you feel sad (not to the same extent).

Now that is true, that atheists are more likely to be depressed than believers of the faith. Depression the lack of a chemical caused by significant events, childlabour/birth (postnatal), living conditions, atheism and other negative things in an individuals life.

If you have any questions about depression feel free to PM me. I do not want to argue whether depression exists, thanks :)

Rev. M. Rodimer 05-17-2012 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LMartinez (Post 886616)
Firstly, I want to say. Antidepressants. I have taken them, they are horrible. All they do is suppress my emotions.

I am heavily depressed.

That's because you have not read the Bible; you do not follow all of His Commands. Instead, you have already spouted off your own ideas of what the Bible should say, if only God thought more like you do.

I have a recommendation for you:

Start with just committing to read Genesis. As you read each story (Genesis is mostly stories), take some brief notes. Write down what the story is, and what it tells you about God. What does He value in people? Whom does He reward and support, and why? What Godly behavior is demonstrated by His favored people in Genesis?

By the time you finish Genesis, you will have developed a Biblical view of who God really is, instead of the all-loving hippie you've had described to you by your false prophets. :thumbsup:

Nobar King 05-17-2012 04:25 AM

That already happened. I'm so clumsy. If there's a toilet open I've probably dropped something into it.

LMartinez 05-17-2012 04:31 AM

Hi, I understand what you are trying to convey. But God is loving. He loves everybody.

I have read Gensis, I have not completed the bible yet, I also believe one can never truely complete the bible as there is always going to be something, somewhere that you didn't know what it meant and will not know until the lord allows us to see. But this is all part of my journey with God.

I have no false prophets, I believe and love the one and only Jesus Christ. He died for our sins. He bled for us, how is that not love? He died, so that we would not have to go through hell, so that people who repent can be saved. That is love.

He is Just. He is all loving, but he is just. The same way your father punished you as a child, he still loves you. God still loves you, but you are not going to be let off the consequences of your sins. :)

Pastor Ezekiel 05-17-2012 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LMartinez (Post 886626)
Hi, I understand what you are trying to convey. But God is loving. He loves everybody.

I have read Gensis, I have not completed the bible yet, I also believe one can never truely complete the bible as there is always going to be something, somewhere that you didn't know what it meant and will not know until the lord allows us to see. But this is all part of my journey with God.

I have no false prophets, I believe and love the one and only Jesus Christ. He died for our sins. He bled for us, how is that not love? He died, so that we would not have to go through hell, so that people who repent can be saved. That is love.

He is Just. He is all loving, but he is just. The same way your father punished you as a child, he still loves you. God still loves you, but you are not going to be let off the consequences of your sins. :)

God does NOT love everyone. God hates the sin AND the sinner, and Jesus is God (John 10:30 I and my Father are one.).

Quote:

Lev 20:23 And ye shall not walk in the manners of the nation, which I cast out before you: for they committed all these things, and therefore I abhorred them.

Hosea 9:15 All their wickedness is in Gilgal: for there I hated them: for the wickedness of their doings I will drive them out of mine house, I will love them no more: all their princes are revolters.

Please read the WHOLE Bible before it's too late.

Before you complain about the the fact that the verses I cited were from the Old Testament, as if that somehow makes them worthless, consider this:

In the Old Testament, it says that God hates "all workers of iniquity" (Ps 5:5).

In the New Testament, what does Jesus say that he is going to do to these workers of iniquity? Is he going to love them? Is he going to be their pal, and tell them that it's ok to be themselves? Let's see...
Quote:

Matt 13:41-42 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

I pray that you have found this enlightening.

LMartinez 05-17-2012 04:42 AM

Quote:

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
ALL Scripture is valuable.

Jesus and God are one, i was using their names interchangeably throughout my post, sorry for not making myself clear.
Quote:

As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent:
Is there any scripture about Love/Hate from the LORD?
This has been a thought-provoking and positive discussion for me, thankyou.

Pastor Ezekiel 05-17-2012 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LMartinez (Post 886629)
Is there any scripture about Love/Hate from the LORD?
This has been a thought-provoking and positive discussion for me, thankyou.

I HAVE BEEN POSTING PERTINENT SCRIPTURE FOR YOU IN SEVERAL THREADS, mormon! :badmood:

Open your Bible! We aren't here to spoonfeed you.

Rev. M. Rodimer 05-26-2012 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LMartinez (Post 886626)

I have read Gensis,

If you read Genesis, how can you say God loves everybody? Did He not hate Esau? Did He not show preference to Abel over Cain? Did He not destroy all humanity except one family, including unborn babies and infants, and all the animals too, because a few adults disobeyed Him?

How is that "love"?

Scott123 05-27-2012 11:44 PM

I used to take them until i found our lord again.

I came here originally those years ago to mock and judge.

Now i truly do believe. Praise him, praise him!

Rev. M. Rodimer 05-28-2012 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott123 (Post 890179)
I used to take them until i found our lord again.

I came here originally those years ago to mock and judge.

Now i truly do believe. Praise him, praise him!

It sounds like you should go to the Introduction Forum and reintroduce yourself, friend! :thumbsup: Tell us your story!

Seth Campbell 05-28-2012 07:34 AM

Antidepressents are nothing more than another tool in the UN/satan's take over of the world. They claim that they're not addictive, yet if you take them away from someone the person suffers from "seretonin withdrawal" but hey, that doesn't mean they're addicted.

No the NWO just wants people in dazed states so that when they march on Satan's orders the population will just sit in front of their TV's and not notice anything different.