The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Easter is About Jesus - Period! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Silly Catholics (aka my parents) (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=116182)

BrotherLarry 04-20-2019 11:37 PM

Silly Catholics (aka my parents)

Because the LORD my GOD tells me to, I honor my father and my mother. (Exodus 20:12) But sometimes, like today, I am so ashamed of them because of their blatant ignorance of the Holy Bible and their adherence to superstition - brought on by their ridiculous commitment to the Roman Catholic Church.

This all weighed heavily on me today when Mother called to see if I could take time to go with them to the Easter Vigil service with them tonight - which begins at 11 PM. I reminded her that I am called to a ministry and Friday and Saturday nights are the best nights to lay hands on the gay community at their watering holes. I cannot imagine how performing calisthenics in the papist church could be more important than bringing more men into the fold come the Glory.

She told me that she would ask Mary to intercede for me. I was a little snappy with her when I said "There are plenty of Mary's where I'll be tonight, thank you." Thankfully Dad's favorite TV show (Family Feud) was on so he didn't try to convince me, although he is not quite as papist as mother is.

Won't you pray with me that the evil catholic demons leave them before they pass on? Mother has a clean bill of health and even though Father wasn't expected to live this long he just keeps on going, while his businesses and my inheritance remain waiting until the day I can latch onto them and make them successful and useful. And now Mother is trying to sell Mary Kay products. She looks worse than Faye Dunaway playing Joan Crawford in Mommie Dearest but that doesn't dissuade her. <sigh>

Dana723 04-21-2019 01:37 AM

Re: Silly Catholics (aka my parents)

How terrible! Surely they must understand that your ministry, sent to you by God Almighty, is more important than some Catlick tradition!

Isabella White 04-21-2019 01:55 AM

Re: Silly Catholics (aka my parents)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrotherLarry (Post 1249935)
Because the LORD my GOD tells me to, I honor my father and my mother. (Exodus 20:12) But sometimes, like today, I am so ashamed of them because of their blatant ignorance of the Holy Bible and their adherence to superstition - brought on by their ridiculous commitment to the Roman Catholic Church.

This all weighed heavily on me today when Mother called to see if I could take time to go with them to the Easter Vigil service with them tonight - which begins at 11 PM. I reminded her that I am called to a ministry and Friday and Saturday nights are the best nights to lay hands on the gay community at their watering holes. I cannot imagine how performing calisthenics in the papist church could be more important than bringing more men into the fold come the Glory.

She told me that she would ask Mary to intercede for me. I was a little snappy with her when I said "There are plenty of Mary's where I'll be tonight, thank you." Thankfully Dad's favorite TV show (Family Feud) was on so he didn't try to convince me, although he is not quite as papist as mother is.

Won't you pray with me that the evil catholic demons leave them before they pass on? Mother has a clean bill of health and even though Father wasn't expected to live this long he just keeps on going, while his businesses and my inheritance remain waiting until the day I can latch onto them and make them successful and useful. And now Mother is trying to sell Mary Kay products. She looks worse than Faye Dunaway playing Joan Crawford in Mommie Dearest but that doesn't dissuade her. <sigh>

Oh, dear, dear Great-Grandbaby Brother Larry: I can only imagine your upset at having your mother trying to snatch away your Saturday evening plans witnessing to the lost young men in your community. I join with you in praying that those damnable Cathyolick demons will leave your parents. And haven't we had more than enough of that ring-kissing nonsense this week, what with that Notre Dame and the :lord-fancy: setting it on fire? If there is a bit of silver lining to your predicament, it is that you can, at least, take comfort in knowing that your mother's Mary Kay pink Cadillac will one day be yours. A blessed evening to you, Dear. Sincerely, Granny Isabella