The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Auntie Flo's Prayer Shack for Women (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   A charity sponsors a menstra hut makeover! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=118894)

Basilissa 06-04-2021 01:57 AM

A charity sponsors a menstra hut makeover!

...Unfortunately, not in Freehold, Iowa, but in some meaningless part of India.

Quote:

The "period huts" where thousands of tribal women and girls are banished during their menstruation in the western Indian state of Maharashtra are getting a makeover.
A Mumbai-based charity, Kherwadi Social Welfare Association, is replacing the mostly-dilapidated huts - known as kurma ghar or gaokor - with modern resting homes that have beds, indoor toilets, running water and solar panels for electricity...
Their traditional beliefs mean they have to spend five days every month in a hut, located mostly on the outskirts of the village on the edge of the forest. They are not allowed to cook or draw water from the village well and have to depend on food and water delivered by female relatives. If a man touches them, he has to immediately bathe because he too becomes "impure by association".
I am not entirely sure what to make of this news. Should we petition to the charity to provide us True Christian™ ladies with new menstra huts as well? I really can't understand who decided, and on what basis, that some unwashed brown women are more worthy of new menstra huts than Godly True Christian™ ladies! :angry:

handmaiden 06-04-2021 04:13 AM

Re: A charity sponsors a menstra hut makeover!

The real problem as I see it, is why these women and girls are not properly married and properly pregnant. One should not need a shiny new menstra hut if one is doing one's duty by one's husband.

MitzaLizalor 06-06-2021 10:32 AM

Could we maybe send them some Bibles?

Dana723 06-08-2021 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MitzaLizalor (Post 1285315)
Could we maybe send them some Bibles?

I would think thoughts and prayers would be enough :innocent:

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 06-08-2021 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dana723 (Post 1285372)

That gives me an idea. The world needs thoughts and prayers like California needs Rick Perry's Days of Prayer for Rain in the State of Texas. And we Christians are a finite resource. How much would the parents of children at risk from school shootings pay for preventative thoughts and prayers from True™ Christians? Jesus would still get his cut - Pastor Zeke can negotiate on his behalf - and the rest could go towards the refreshment and relief of serious prayer warriors.

Basilissa 06-08-2021 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dana723 (Post 1285372)

Splendid idea, Sister, splendid idea! That's what I always say when charities call me asking for donations. :innocent:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Anthony J. Toole (Post 1285373)
That gives me an idea. The world needs thoughts and prayers like California needs Rick Perry's Days of Prayer for Rain in the State of Texas. And we Christians are a finite resource. How much would the parents of children at risk from school shootings pay for preventative thoughts and prayers from True™ Christians? Jesus would still get his cut - Pastor Zeke can negotiate on his behalf - and the rest could go towards the refreshment and relief of serious prayer warriors.

Indeed! Prayer Warriors certainly deserve reimbursement for their valiant efforts. :thumbsup:

MitzaLizalor 06-16-2021 12:00 PM

There are genuine clergymen who implement your precept, through whom God's message of deliverance has been brought to many others. I wondered about Maharashtra and in particular the hippies who flocked to India seeking "enlightenment" and did find something, but it had nothing to do with God. Slowly they mutated from beatnik grubs into the post-punk imago of psychedelic techno but nowhere more than in Goa. Imagine my horror when I checked out the map before posting! Maharashtra shown in dark puce, Goa in lemon chrome.

https://i.imgur.com/IevYMF5.gif
II Chronicles 11:15 And he [Jeroboam] ordained him priests for the high places, and for the devils, and for the calves which he had made.

Hippies are the most insidious wretches. Is there an arena where their agenda has not subverted the established order? But it's not "their" agenda really, is it. The Bible is clear about devils and their desire for worship; when Jeroboam sets up his bovine worship system, he first needs to dislodge the priests who acknowledge God.

He managed that by subterfuge then ushered in the idols. And romantic bowers for his orgies (what hippie doesn't like a real bad orgy?) and the cattle with their excrement and urine, calves to adore, more priests, and for every iteration of falsehood it was devils all the way. Once those hippies got going in Goa with the psytrance and the LSD, 96 hour ecstasy raves and gooey charas for which presumably they'd pop up to the Himalayas taking them right through Maharashtra—as I learned from the map—acquiring many more devils along the way, the result was inevitable. Can we really say that anything resulting from five days in kurma ghar, if the devils picked up from trance hippies are an indicator, have anything to do with Jesus? Will they come out with less devils than before they went in?

The hippies didn't, when they went to Goa. They turned their backs on God, just like Jeroboam, and look what happened next: 83⅓% of ancient Israelites (i.e. the northern tribes) blasted to nothingness! While I'd be so happy to pray for deliverance from both devils and hippies for the Maharashtrians, I'm concerned that these refurbished huts may not serve His purpose as revealed in The Bible. After all, they still worship cows, don't they? I've sent off the first Bible, poste restante, today.

In Christ.