The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Landover Baptist Lounge (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Brother Pendergast - remembering Him on your birthday (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=119264)

MitzaLizalor 08-31-2021 12:22 PM

Brother Pendergast - remembering Him on your birthday

Proverbs 23:31 Look not thou upon the wine when it is red, when it giveth his colour in the cup, when it moveth itself aright.
Birthday greetings Pim Pendergast, a perfect time of year to remember Christ with a refreshing drink served in a frosted glass which could be dipped in sugar around the top. Depending on the pineapple juice. Jesus recommended wines and a couple are included in the ingredients, none of which are red.

INGREDIENTS
Fresh pineapple juice (or small bott.) about 1 cup of
Cointreau about ½ cup
Fresh mint leaves
Soda water
Crème de Menthe about 1 measure or to taste
funnel
1 bott. (miniature) Élixir Végétal (or green Chartreuse)

Combine the pineapple juice, Cointreau and Crème de Menthe with ice if desired and mix well. Add soda water to almost fill glass and stir slightly. Take the funnel and put in filled glass like this. Pour the Chartreuse [green or élixir végétal] into the funnel so it pools at the bottom of the glass. It may take a few tries to get the technique right here but refreshing, not red and a lovely birthday remembrance.

Garnish with mint leaves.

All the best for the next twelve months!

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 08-31-2021 07:39 PM

Re: Brother Pendergast - remembering Him on your birthday

It is far too long since Brother Pendergast delighted us with his presence on these Godly forums, but thank you, Sister, for remembering him (and of course Him) on this auspicious day. Your cocktail looks suspiciously foreign, though. :fear2:

I wish you a joyous birthday, Sir!

Pim Pendergast 09-01-2021 01:34 AM

Thank you, Sisters, for your kind birthday wishes!

Sister Mitza, I had my wife make up your recipe. It was wonderful!

Basilissa 09-01-2021 12:25 PM

:fear2: Happy belated Birthday! :bowdown:

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 09-01-2021 04:39 PM

Oh what a nice surprize! I thought Brother Pim had gone to meet the Lord a while ago. That must've been a different Pim. Congratulations Brother - one year closer.

Cranky Old Man 09-01-2021 10:09 PM

I am getting more and more annoyed by all these birthdays. Don't have people better things to do? Jesus never celebrated His birthday in The Holy Bible so neither should we. All gifts accidentally bought for Brother Pendergast can be dropped at my place.

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 09-03-2021 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cranky Old Man (Post 1288904)
Jesus never celebrated His birthday in The Holy Bible so neither should we.

I bow to your superior Biblical knowledge, Brother, but surely Jesus wants us to celebrate His birthday. Only atheists and foreigners oppose with their war on Christmas.