The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Christian history forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Satan shifts to a war economy (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=119319)

MitzaLizalor 09-11-2021 11:59 AM

Satan shifts to a war economy

The first disciples were businessmen: they owned their own boats. "Aha,” the doubters' riposte comes flashing back, no time for thought. “But they were just little fishing boats..” or “..boat owners were very poor..” (in which case how were they able to employ people?) and “..ha ha shows how much you know, boats didn't really cost anything if you just made one!”

THE FIRST DISCIPLES WERE EMPLOYERS

Mark 1:16-20 Now as he walked by the sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and Andrew his brother casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers. And Jesus said unto them, Come ye after me, and I will make you to become fishers of men. And straightway they forsook their nets, and followed him. And when he had gone a little further thence, he saw James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother, who also were in the ship mending their nets. And straightway he called them: and they left their father Zebedee in the ship with the hired servants, and went after him.

SIZE AND NUMBER OF SHIPS

Luke 5:2-3 And saw two ships standing by the lake: but the fishermen were gone out of them, and were washing their nets. And he entered into one of the ships, which was Simon's, and prayed him that he would thrust out a little from the land. And he sat down, and taught the people out of the ship.

WHAT CORPORATE STRUCTURE DID THEY USE?

Luke 5:8-11 When Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus' knees, saying, Depart from me; for I am a sinful man, O Lord. For he was astonished, and all that were with him, at the draught of the fishes which they had taken: and so was also James, and John, the sons of Zebedee, which were partners with Simon. And Jesus said unto Simon, Fear not; from henceforth thou shalt catch men. And when they had brought their ships to land, they forsook all, and followed him.

Could it be any more explicit? Ships require the same amount of resources for a given size to be manufactured at any time whether now, in ancient Egypt or Caesar's empire makes little difference. Some people own the enterprise (in this case structured as a partnership but remember, derivatives trading was well established [Thales, ca 600BC] so there could have been others involved, Matthew 4:21-22 suggesting Zebedee owned call options which would give him the incentive to remain, as indeed he did) but apart from the owners, there was clearly a sufficient workforce for the business to operate without their presence. Otherwise there'd be a fish shortage and thugs could commandeer the vessels for a bit of lake piracy. Why am I going on about this?

Because there was a common purse from which the first Christians provided for themselves. If they were all destitute there'd be nothing "in" and therefore nothing "out" so the need for private enterprise with employers and employees, capital investors and options trading, is all pretty clear. Satan knows all about "common purses" and disseminating lies to get his claws in the pot. But first there needs to be a pot. Satan really hates Jesus and will do anything to needle Him; pathetic isn't it? First though, he needs to fill up the war chest. Evil empires never know how to do that. Go marauding across continents scooping up everyone else's hard work? Sure! But who's going to make sacrifices and take commercial risks to stack up a pile they can't use for future investments? Squat, that's who.

Quote:

Quote:

It takes a tremendous amount of political power to successfully destroy millions of jobs and bankrupt large companies with a single decision.
Quote:

In education, aside from shutting down for-profit extra-curricular tutoring firms, Xi has also introduced his ideology, called "Xi Jinping Thought" into primary schools this week.
Quote:

Another page says: "Grandpa Xi teaches us a person can have many aspirations, but the most important aspiration in life should be for the motherland and the people to be intertwined together."
Quote:

Xi's major recent power moves [include] scuttling billionaire Jack Ma's plan for the world's biggest initial public offering in the US, to "rectifying" the financial sector, to cleaning up the cultural entertainment sphere through to his new focus of wealth redistribution called "common prosperity" . . .

Relaxing the garrotte of central economic control brought prosperity. Businesses flourished, including the fishing industry, and investors built up capital. Satan got itchy fingers though and couldn't hold off any longer, scooping the pool for his war chest – and if everyone goes bust? Who cares? The means of production can be manipulated for any purpose which we know means an attack on Jesus. The yellow-highlighted portion confirms this: when homeschooling is bankrupted overnight and replaced with commie ideology the end of days is very near indeed.

WWJDnow 09-22-2021 02:33 AM

Re: Satan shifts to a war economy

With all of the opportunities for sin in the world, it's a wonder that Satan didn't switch to a war footing millenia ago.

MitzaLizalor 09-22-2021 02:57 AM

Re: Satan shifts to a war economy

I'm sure he did but he couldn't persecute Christians then. With someone like Napoleon (a French führer) on the loose, mayhem can be guaranteed. Stalin. Caligula. Vlad The Impaler. All idolators. Satan seems to attack education, especially Christian education, as a visit to the Arabian Peninsular demonstrates quite well. What he wants is for everyone to be at war all the time.
Psalm 140:1-3 Deliver me, O LORD, from the evil man: preserve me from the violent man; which imagine mischiefs in their heart; continually are they gathered together for war. They have sharpened their tongues like a serpent; adders' poison is under their lips. Selah.