The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Valentine's Day, AKA Treason Season! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Valentine's Day (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=40602)

meticadpa 04-09-2010 11:18 PM

Valentine's Day

Hello. :)

Valentine's Day, in my opinion, is a con. Why should you need an excuse to show love for one another?

Of course, I do take part in the celebrations and clichés.

What did everyone here do?

James Hutchins 04-09-2010 11:29 PM

Re: Valentine's Day

Quote:

Originally Posted by meticadpa (Post 503324)
Hello. :)

Valentine's Day, in my opinion, is a con. Why should you need an excuse to show love for one another?

Of course, I do take part in the celebrations and clichés.

Son, didn't you come here looking for serious help? Now I find you in the Valentines section, 10 months before the holiday occur? :hmmm:

Cranky Old Man 04-09-2010 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meticadpa (Post 503324)

Nothing, it made my wife a little sad but I am sure she understood.

meticadpa 04-09-2010 11:47 PM

I asked what "did" everyone do. As in what DID you do for Valentine's Day...

Cranky Old Man 04-09-2010 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meticadpa (Post 503359)

Yes, I understood the question. And my answer was: nothing.

James Hutchins 04-09-2010 11:56 PM

I worked on a drainage ditch at the Church, my wife baked a pie. What has this to do with you being a sodomite? Did we miss something?

Nurse Clampett 04-10-2010 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meticadpa (Post 503359)

I read Leviticus the entire day.

Fatimah 02-09-2011 07:34 AM

It's a monday so I'll work late then go home and listen to the Smiths. If it was on the weekend I'd definitely get drunk and text hate messages to my ex, haha.

Sister Pamela Thompson 02-09-2011 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatimah (Post 691671)
It's a monday so I'll work late then go home and listen to the Smiths. If it was on the weekend I'd definitely get drunk and text hate messages to my ex, haha.

You don't sound like a very pleasant person.

Cursed 02-09-2011 10:09 AM

I will probably be weeping.

That's not a Valentine's Day exclusive, really.

Lost Sheep McUinnean 02-09-2011 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cursed (Post 691706)
I will probably be weeping.

That's not a Valentine's Day exclusive, really.

In my sordid drunken past we always misunderstood it as Ballantine's day. The horrible consequences can be inferred. It also explains the causes of more than a few Anglo-Scottish wars of the past.

Rebuko the Clown 02-10-2011 01:08 AM

Valentines day is usual same old same old for me. Probably spoil myself to something good like McDonalds premium menu Angus burger. Live a little high class. Take it home turn on the TV or maybe surf the internet.

But what is real fun and ive been doing this for the past severel years now is in the days up coming to valentines day i get out a phone book and i look for all the merried couples in there. I then call them up. If a woman answers I just hang up. But If a man answers, I ask for his wife by name.

Man: "Hello?"
Me: "Hey is Joan there?"
Man: "Who is this?"
Me: [uncomfortable pause] "Wait, are you her husband?"
Man: "Yea! What do you want with her???"
Me: "Oh. Oh shit." [click]

unfortunately i wont be there to witness the fun that I created. :clown:

You can also do it with voice mail messages those are real fun. It goes to voice mail. "Hey Suzie its me John, just wanted to know if you can get your husband out of town for valentines day. i found a nice private cabin in the mountains we can go for some sizzling romance. give me a call. I LOVE YOU!"

Now just keep doing these calls over and over. Its real funny because you know the husband is going to be real pissed and probably scream and maybe beat the hell out of his "cheating" wife but shes really innocent. LOL I wonder how many divorces I caused? :clown: :innocent3:

BelieverInGod 02-10-2011 06:14 AM

Westminster is on Valentines day.

One day New York, one day........

Jislord 02-11-2011 09:19 PM

Last week I almost bought my Fiance my first ever Valentines card:(

I've researched about what women want from future husbands and seen something about a "Clitoris". I checked ebay and they didn't have any:jesus:

The card said it was made in Isreal on the rear so I scrunched it up and put it back anyway. My wife will still praise me when i don't supply her with Clitorises and Joo cards every year.:innocent:

Metafool 02-12-2011 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jislord (Post 693260)

I've researched about what women want from future husbands and seen something about a "Clitoris". I checked ebay and they didn't have any:jesus:

The card said it was made in Isreal on the rear so I scrunched it up and put it back anyway. My wife will still praise me when i don't supply her with Clitorises and Joo cards every year.:innocent:

What women want? Don't allow yourself to become indoctrinated brother! Valentine's Day in itself is a joke of a 'Holiday' but don't forget that you are the MAN! She is meant to please YOU, not the other way around.

Cranky Old Man 02-12-2011 12:27 AM

Quote:

I've researched about what women want

What women want is completely irrelevant. They have to shut up, serve their husbands, clean, cook and get babies.

1st Timothy 2:11-12 "Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence."

Genesis 3:16 "Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee."

Matthew 18:25 "But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made."

Ephesians 5:28-29 "So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church."

1st Corinthians 7:4 "The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife."

1st Corinthians 7:2 "Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband."

Lily (toiletmouth) Walsh 02-12-2011 01:53 AM

Haha, actually I don't believe it's a con because I'm Catholic and believe in Saints, sooo... I don't think it's pagan either. I don't really do anything, though, except tell people thank you for being my friend and my mum for being a wonderful and brilliant mother. It's purpose is to be nice! You may know that someone loves you, but isn't it just nice to hear it sometimes? Like how you may know someone is thankful for a deed you have done to them, but it's nice to hear a "thank you" out of it regardless.

Daisy Mae Johnson 02-12-2011 03:36 AM

Quote:

I think Clitoris is a name Negroes name their little girls.

Get your fiancee a Bible instead.:thumbsup:

James Hutchins 02-04-2013 03:00 PM

This year for Valetines day, I am letting all the Hutchins females eat in the dining room instead of the kitchen.
Of course, the boys and I will be going out to Ruth Chris for a properly grilled steak.

WashedWithHisBlood 02-07-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily (toiletmouth) Walsh (Post 693428)
I'm Catholic and believe in Saints, .. .

Really? So tell us; how many underage Catholic boys did you raped at your "Catholic" church?