The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The introduction forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Greetings Everyone (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=106368)

Raybird 07-10-2015 09:08 PM

Greetings Everyone

Hello
My name is Ray and I am proud to be here.

I have looked over your site before joining and have found so many things
I agree with.

-I beleive in our Lord Jesus who died on the cross for our sins. I try very hard to follow his teachings.
-I beleive everything the Bible says including that wives shall be subservant to their husbands as he is the head of the family
-I beleive in democracy, justice for all and straight forward punishment for criminals.
-I believe strongly in the basic values of Christianity.

Things I don't like:

-The warped justice system in our country
-Our immigration policy
-Our weak and inept president and other facets of our government
-Feminists
-The liberal media
-People who are arrogant and egotistical
-Evil in general

I am in a CDD relationship with my wife and we are both happy. I have two daughters whom I am raising to be church going christians and to have values.

Well I guess that is about all I have ot say.

Thank you

Ray

Alvin Moss 07-10-2015 09:13 PM

Re: Greetings Everyone

Welcome, Ray. We thirst for fellowship with other Christians. You seem honest and upright. What is your congregation? Tell us how you found Jesus. What revolver do you favor? Do you have funds? God Bless!

Brother Tobias 07-10-2015 09:25 PM

Greetings Ray

Always nice to get to know a true Believer

What are your favorite inspirational Bible verses?

YIC

Tobias

Roland 07-10-2015 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raybird (Post 1151117)
Hello
My name is Ray and I am proud to be here.

I have looked over your site before joining and have found so many things
I agree with.

-I beleive in our Lord Jesus who died on the cross for our sins. I try very hard to follow his teachings.
-I beleive everything the Bible says including that wives shall be subservant to their husbands as he is the head of the family
-I beleive in democracy, justice for all and straight forward punishment for criminals.
-I believe strongly in the basic values of Christianity.

Things I don't like:

-The warped justice system in our country
-Our immigration policy
-Our weak and inept president and other facets of our government
-Feminists
-The liberal media
-People who are arrogant and egotistical
-Evil in general

I am in a CDD relationship with my wife and we are both happy. I have two daughters whom I am raising to be church going christians and to have values.

Well I guess that is about all I have ot say.

Thank you

Ray

Hello Raybird,

Great to hear what you like and dislike in your country, the True Christians™ might give you some additional pointers, derived from the Bible.

In your enthusiasm to join this forum you might have overlooked the questions asked when you joined, the questions that were posted at the top of this sub-forum: ¨Here is where you introduce yourself. Tell us what church you go to and what your favourite Bible verse is and how you came to find Jesus.¨

Please tell us more about yourself and welcome to this forum.

Kind regards,

Roland

Dr Laurence Niles 07-10-2015 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raybird (Post 1151117)
I believe strongly in the basic values of Christianity.

A cautious greeting to you, young man. I am however, a little concerned here. You say that you believe in the basic values of Christianity but what about the remaining values?

When I was Saved® I was surprised to find that Jesus hates the gaywise and wants them dead (Leviticus 20:13). But as a Christian I immediately informed my two gay friends that we could no longer go to the gym together and that they were disgusting perverts.

Christianity is more than just the ten commandments.

2nd Timothy 3:16 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness"
Deuteronomy 4:2 "Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you."
Revelation 22:18-19 "For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book."
Psalm 12:6-7 "The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever."

YIC

Faith_Machine 07-10-2015 10:19 PM

Welcome, Raybird! What's your favorite hunting rifle?

Mike Miller 07-10-2015 10:49 PM

I hope you and your wife plan on having children. Really not your choice as God wants it.

Psalm 127:3-5King James Version (KJV)

3 Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.

4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

5 Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.

Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson 07-10-2015 11:43 PM

Please tell me your favorite verse, and please tell me how many times you have read the KJV Bible in completion. Thanks! :)

Pastor Ezekiel 07-11-2015 12:41 AM

Welcome to God's favorite forum. What Church do you attend? Any sermons you're wanting to boast about from your Pastor?

If you'd like to find out more about Landover Baptist Church, please read THIS thread created especially for new posters.

If you have a question, use the "search" function before posting it. Most likely it is being discussed somewhere on this Godly forum. Please don't waste God's precious bandwidth.

You will keep a respectful tongue in your head whenever addressing your betters, which includes all True Christians™. Failure to do so, or any attempt at inciting debate or mockery of God's Divine Plan, can and will result in the suspension of your posting privileges.

Your rights on this forum are listed HERE. If you feel that any of these rights have been violated, please don't hesitate to contact a Pastor at once.

Witch Hammer 07-11-2015 12:50 AM

Raybird, please tell us more about the CCD (Christian Domestic Discipline) relationship you have with your wife. What is your favorite instrument of punishment? Knout? Hickory cane? Lead pipe? Bare fists?:thumbsup:

Do tell!:black eye:

Raybird 07-14-2015 03:45 PM

This is a test. I keep having trouble posing.

Raybird 07-14-2015 04:10 PM

Hello everyone

Sorry it has taken me a while to respond but I've been awful busy and have not been feeling too good.

Anyway, I'll answer your questions to the best of my ability.

-My family and I attend the Klein United Methodist Church in Spring, Texas
where we live
-My favorite Bible verses are "Galations 2:20-"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body> I live by faith in the son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me"
And of course, John 3:16-"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son/that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life"
-About myself: I am 57 years of age and work in industrial sales. I ahve been married 35 years, I have two daughters, one in college and one
who just graduated.
I served my country as an army officer for four years back in the eighties.
-I may have mispoke when I said "I teach them the basic values of Christianty. " I teach it all. We have Bible time every Sunday.
-I don't have a hunting rifle as I don't hunt. I do have a Mossberg 20
guage shotgun and a Smith and Wesson automatic in case we get any unwanted guests
-I don't have a KJV bible. I have the "New International Version my grandmother left me when she passed away.
-My wife and I have been practicing CDD for about 3 years. She used to be ill tempered and impatient. Then she went on a religious retreat and came back a changed woman. She had found Jesus! We celebrated.
A few days later I showed her the CDD website and some verses in the Bible. She agreed to go with it. It was a big help to our marriage,
We do the whole nine yards with maintenance and punishment spankings,
and bootcamp.
I use a wooden paddle and my hand

Well I hope this answers everything. I'm looking forward to being part of what you have to offer.

Take care

Ray

Raybird 07-14-2015 04:24 PM

I forgot to mention how I found Jesus. I was a terrible sinner until God corrected me. He used His mighty and loving hand to straighten me out.
He rebuked me mentally. How do I know? My daughter was praying for me one day and he told her.
It was not a pleasant experience. I was not myself for a very long time.

But I did start attending church every week and started reading scripture daily. I came to realize that as the head of the family I was to teach about God and Jesus. Before all this, my spiritual life was nothing.

Whatever you do, stay on God's good side. I would not wish what happened to me on anyone

James Hutchins 07-14-2015 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raybird (Post 1151676)
This is a test. I keep having trouble posing.

Why are you posing? Are you one of those 'vougers'?

Raybird 07-14-2015 07:40 PM

I meant "posting". Just mispelled it.

Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson 07-15-2015 01:55 AM

Please remember that NIV is the incorrect "bible" and is a false place!!! Also, you are a Methodist, but remember Baptists and their full, complete obedience to the Bible is the only way to guarantee to go to heaven.

Mrs. Johnson

Mary Etheldreda 07-15-2015 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson (Post 1151752)
Please remember that NIV is the incorrect "bible" and is a false place!!! Also, you are a Methodist, but remember Baptists and their full, complete obedience to the Bible is the only way to guarantee to go to heaven.

Mrs. Johnson

I hate to correct you dear, because your heart is in the right place, and while you are most correct about the value of the King James Version Bible, please be advised that not all Baptist churches can guarantee Salvation. To the best of my knowledge, Landover Baptist Church is the only church in the world that can and does guarantee salvation, and has since 1620! Glory!

Raybird 07-15-2015 02:32 PM

Well I stand corrected. I will go buy a KJV Bible. I will still keep the other.

My grandmother was the purest soul I have ever known. Her faith was very strong.
Her daughter (my mother) was a severe alcoholic and she(and her husband) had to deal with this for many years.

Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson 07-15-2015 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda (Post 1151753)
I hate to correct you dear, because your heart is in the right place, and while you are most correct about the value of the King James Version Bible, please be advised that not all Baptist churches can guarantee Salvation. To the best of my knowledge, Landover Baptist Church is the only church in the world that can and does guarantee salvation, and has since 1620! Glory!

Thank you Sister Mary for you admonishment. I stand corrected and will remember that very useful piece of information for the future! Glory to God in the Highest!