The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Focus on Family - Christian Parenting (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Does YOUR CHILD listen to 'Black Metal'? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=64753)

The Bright Beast 05-07-2011 09:48 AM

Does YOUR CHILD listen to 'Black Metal'?

To my understanding, there is a genre of 'music' known to the world (or not) as 'Black Metal.' It is one of the most extreme forms of heavy metal music, and, quite frankly, I am shocked by the blatantly satanic lyrics, not to mention views shown by the 'musicians.'

The musicians themselves paint their faces with make up called 'corpse paint' like faggots, and scream demonic praise to satan, as shown in this picture:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_J3vC7SndlY...afda3c14_m.jpg

I will now include some lyrics from a typical 'black metal' song, but I must stress: women and those weak of faith, please skip down until after the lyrics to avoid seeing these unholy works.

-

WARNING: SATANIC LYRICS APPROACHING

The Arrival of Satan's Empire - Dark Funeral

The unholy war, when Satan's demons are smeared in blood.
Feathers fall from angel wings, from the sky.
Father Satan gather your legions, it is time to claim your throne.
The arrival of your dominion, so long been gone.
So gather now my legions, it is time to fight for our lord.
Hail Satan, scream the masses, smeared in angel's blood.

For those of you who read this abomination, and mockery of our LORD Jesus Christ, it is clear why parents should be worried. Not only are these lyrics promoting satanism, but they are also from EUROPE, especially NORWAY and SWEDEN. I also heard some rumors of bands hailing from the USA!

So, if you find your child listening to such blatant blasphemy, all TRUE CHRISTIANS™ should know what to do.

Prov 13:24: "He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes"
Prov 23:14: "Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell"
Prov 19:18: "Chasten thy son while there is hope, and let not thy soul spare for his crying."

Brother Oskar 05-07-2011 01:19 PM

Re: Does YOUR CHILD listen to 'Black Metal'?

I'm a christian child myself, and I can proudly say that my parents have taught me not to listen to any satanic "music".

I think it doesn't need much to grow your child to be nice and not satanistic.

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 05-07-2011 04:24 PM

When I read the title I thought that it was affirmative action metal, with black people as musicians. That might work, come to think of it: metal you can actually dance to. But then liberals are all about imposing affirmative action on OTHER people, they never do it in their own terretory.

Stupid liberals, always going and shouting "look at me, I'm all tolerant and diverse and I care about the earth and the fuzzy creatures and the Purivian coffee farmers and the glaciers and I've never offended anyone or littered or disrespected or polluted or had a moment of weakness of a hot bankok night with that ladyboy who really was a true lady caught in an underage boys body, look at me look at me look at meeee!

Liberals.

Sally Paulson 05-07-2011 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeb Thurmond (Post 746529)
Stupid liberals, always going and shouting "look at me, I'm all tolerant and diverse and I care about the earth and the fuzzy creatures and the Purivian coffee farmers and the glaciers

We Care A Lot About Disasters, Fires, Floods And Killer Bees
We Care A Lot About The NASA Shuttle Falling In The Sea
We Care A Lot About Starvation And The Food That Live Aid Bought
We Care A Lot About Disease, Baby Rock, Hudson, Rock, Yeah!

We Care A Lot About The Gamblers And The Pushers And The Geeks
We Care A Lot About The Crack And Smack And Whack That Hits The Street
We Care A Lot About The Welfare Of All The Boys And Girls
We Care A Lot About You People Cause We're Out To Save The World

YEAH!

And It's A Dirty Job But Someone's Gotta Do It

We Care A Lot About The Army Navy Air Force And Marines
We Care A Lot About The SF, NY And LAPD
We Care A Lot About You People, About Your Guns
About The Wars You're Fighting Gee That Looks Like Fun

We Care A Lot About The Garbage Pail Kids, They Never Lie
We Care A Lot About Transformers Cause There's More Than Meets The Eye...

-Faith No More
Introduce Yourself (1987)
We Care A Lot

(An example of Black Metal at it's worst.)

worshiper29 05-07-2011 06:30 PM

I've never understood why anyone would claim to be a satan worshiper, let alone write lyrics like that. As if showing loyalty to an evil being would create loyalty from satan towards the person? It's beyond demented!

The Bright Beast 05-07-2011 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worshiper29 (Post 746557)
I've never understood why anyone would claim to be a satan worshiper, let alone write lyrics like that. As if showing loyalty to an evil being would create loyalty from satan towards the person? It's beyond demented!

it doesn't really make much sense...

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 05-07-2011 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bright Beast (Post 746606)
Quote:

Originally Posted by worshiper29 (Post 746557)
It's beyond demented!

it doesn't really make much sense...

You're an expert on dementia?

Because if you are, I need someone to tell my Mom that I'm not her middle school sweetheart. And I will pay VERY well.

Youth Minister Harry 05-08-2011 02:53 AM

Bright Beast, I can tell you that Jesus Christ is taking BACK the heavy music. He's using the new young army of little Christian soldiers to rebuke the evil filth and replace it with the music of young Christian Warriors For Christ.

Here's an example of a classic Hymn rewritten in the heavy music style by my Boy's Youth Group. They're still thinking of a name for their little group. Your suggestions are welcome.

http://houstonpants.com/lbc/SavedBea...PlayButton.jpg

And HERE'S A LINK to the original thread.

GLORY TO GOD!

Speckled In The Mist Of Christ's Holy Blood Of Love,
Harry Lester

AprilGivesFace6 05-29-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sally Paulson (Post 746551)
We Care A Lot About Disasters, Fires, Floods And Killer Bees
We Care A Lot About The NASA Shuttle Falling In The Sea
We Care A Lot About Starvation And The Food That Live Aid Bought
We Care A Lot About Disease, Baby Rock, Hudson, Rock, Yeah!

We Care A Lot About The Gamblers And The Pushers And The Geeks
We Care A Lot About The Crack And Smack And Whack That Hits The Street
We Care A Lot About The Welfare Of All The Boys And Girls
We Care A Lot About You People Cause We're Out To Save The World

YEAH!

And It's A Dirty Job But Someone's Gotta Do It

We Care A Lot About The Army Navy Air Force And Marines
We Care A Lot About The SF, NY And LAPD
We Care A Lot About You People, About Your Guns
About The Wars You're Fighting Gee That Looks Like Fun

We Care A Lot About The Garbage Pail Kids, They Never Lie
We Care A Lot About Transformers Cause There's More Than Meets The Eye...

-Faith No More
Introduce Yourself (1987)
We Care A Lot

(An example of Black Metal at it's worst.)

First of all, Faith No More is NOT a black metal band. They are a rock band, & yes there is a difference, so you are not correct. Secondly, I listen to black metal on a daily basis & I'm not burning down churches or doing human sacrifices. I am not religious, but I do know a LOT about it! You all "holy ones" claim to love & respect all yet you refer to homosexuals as "faggots". What is wrong with you? I thought "God" loves everyone because we all are his children? Hmm, I smell a contradiction! But you all are so brainwashed into sticking with your church that these words may go trough one ear & out the other. You want people to join your church & you want to be heard yet you block out what you don't want to hear, which is the TRUTH.

Satanism comes in many forms & the satanists I have come across have been some of the most peaceful & happy people I have ever met. They weren't full of hate or anything. Hate is an emotion that everyone experiences at some time or another. Music helps release the anger & hate in people, instead of killing people. Music is a release. I don't take Dark Funeral's lyrics seriously because that's stupid if you do. So what if they're Satanic? Why does it matter?

I do believe there is evil in the world. I also believe religion has caused some of the biggest tragedies as well. That's one reason why I don't get involved. & saying in the beginning for WOMEN to pass by DF's lyrics?! Why? Are women weaker than men all of a sudden? Yeah, Eve ate the apple first but that doesn't probe anything. I'm glad I'm not brainwashed like you people. Get your facts straight before you post.

James Hutchins 05-29-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AprilGrace6 (Post 890609)
First of all, Faith No More is NOT a black metal band. They are a rock band, & yes there is a difference, so you are not correct. Secondly, I listen to black metal on a daily basis & I'm not burning down churches or doing human sacrifices. I am not religious, but I do know a LOT about it! You all "holy ones" claim to love & respect all yet you refer to homosexuals as "faggots". What is wrong with you? I thought "God" loves everyone because we all are his children? Hmm, I smell a contradiction! But you all are so brainwashed into sticking with your church that these words may go trough one ear & out the other. You want people to join your church & you want to be heard yet you block out what you don't want to hear, which is the TRUTH.

Satanism comes in many forms & the satanists I have come across have been some of the most peaceful & happy people I have ever met. They weren't full of hate or anything. Hate is an emotion that everyone experiences at some time or another. Music helps release the anger & hate in people, instead of killing people. Music is a release. I don't take Dark Funeral's lyrics seriously because that's stupid if you do. So what if they're Satanic? Why does it matter?

I do believe there is evil in the world. I also believe religion has caused some of the biggest tragedies as well. That's one reason why I don't get involved. & saying in the beginning for WOMEN to pass by DF's lyrics?! Why? Are women weaker than men all of a sudden? Yeah, Eve ate the apple first but that doesn't probe anything. I'm glad I'm not brainwashed like you people. Get your facts straight before you post.

Friend I like you. You write out what you are thinking in a clear and consice manner. However, you are completely wong.
I do not blame you, I blame your parents and the lack of Biblical influences in your life. Please consider the following:
Isaiah 29:14 Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid.

Matthew 18:3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Luke 10:21 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.

John 11:7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded

AprilGivesFace6 05-30-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hutchins (Post 890614)
Friend I like you. You write out what you are thinking in a clear and consice manner. However, you are completely wong.
I do not blame you, I blame your parents and the lack of Biblical influences in your life. Please consider the following:
Isaiah 29:14 Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid.

Matthew 18:3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Luke 10:21 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.

John 11:7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded

I was in a cult for a year. I've done my church time. My parents have taught me all about God & the Bible. Don't blame my parents acting like they raised me the wrong way, because they sure haven't. it's MY choice to not be involved with any religion. It tears people apart from my experience. I respect your beliefs, but don't bash me with Bible verses. I could care less what it says.

James Hutchins 05-30-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AprilGrace6 (Post 890872)
I was in a cult for a year. I've done my church time. My parents have taught me all about God & the Bible. Don't blame my parents acting like they raised me the wrong way, because they sure haven't. it's MY choice to not be involved with any religion. It tears people apart from my experience. I respect your beliefs, but don't bash me with Bible verses. I could care less what it says.

If you were in a cult, you know what 'Black Metal' is all about. The hours upon hours of repeating the words of your leader. Doing what ever they tell you to do without question. Giving all your Earthly goods as well as your virginity to the leader. All for the promise of 'something terrific'. Time and time again, it has been proven to be nothing more than a 'pack of lies'.
So what confuses me, is why you do what you do and you know that God is watching you? I do not 'bash you with Bible verses' I am trying to open your eyes to the Glory that is God.
I know you feel the void, the deep yearning for something to fulfill you. You want Gods turgid love yet you are afraid to ask for it. That is why you are here. You want us to guide you. To gently hold your trembling hand, cradle your head in our arms as we pull out our Bible and show you the erupting Glory that God wants to shower you with.

Nobar King 05-30-2012 04:57 PM

19 signs your kid is into Black Metal:

1. Has more fun listening to his music backwards than forward.
  2. Now he only wears black clothes or heavy metal t-shirts.
  3. Kid won't make his bed or clean his room.
  4. Talks back to parents.
  5. Won't take out the trash.
  6. Thinks Tom Sawyer lives in the future and drives a red sports car.
  7. Won't do his homework.
  8. Only wants to eat meat and won't eat his vegetables.
  9. Constantly using a sharpie to mark an x on the top of each hand.
  10. Keeps begging you to buy him ANOTHER Metallica album.
  11. Thinks some trashy rockers like Venom or Raven are the best.
  12. Always wears a trenchcoat, even in summer.
  13. Won't tie shoes or even put shoelaces into shoes.
  14. Cutting band names like SLAYER into his arm.
  15. Claims to be an atheist despite hoarding records and posters with photos of goats, pentagrams, and even Satan!
  16. Wants his first car to be some kind of van halen even though there is no where to park it.
  17. Keeps talking about how great going to gwar would be, but doesn't want to join the army.
  18. Wants to learn how to tie a slipknot but has no interest in sailing.
  19. Thinks King Diamond is the king of Norway.

Billy Bob Jenkins 05-30-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AprilGrace6 (Post 890872)
don't bash me with Bible verses.

Awww, you poor thing. Did you go to a Christian website and people used Bible verses in conversation? I hope it didn't leave a bruise. :(

Stupidity

AprilGivesFace6 05-30-2012 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hutchins (Post 890931)
If you were in a cult, you know what 'Black Metal' is all about. The hours upon hours of repeating the words of your leader. Doing what ever they tell you to do without question. Giving all your Earthly goods as well as your virginity to the leader. All for the promise of 'something terrific'. Time and time again, it has been proven to be nothing more than a 'pack of lies'.
So what confuses me, is why you do what you do and you know that God is watching you? I do not 'bash you with Bible verses' I am trying to open your eyes to the Glory that is God.
I know you feel the void, the deep yearning for something to fulfill you. You want Gods turgid love yet you are afraid to ask for it. That is why you are here. You want us to guide you. To gently hold your trembling hand, cradle your head in our arms as we pull out our Bible and show you the erupting Glory that God wants to shower you with.

I was a Jehovah's Witness; I was not involved in a Satanic cult. "Cult" does not always mean Satanic. I'm still a virgin as well & I don't do chants or listen to music backwards looking for 'demonic' chants to say. I do what I do because I can & God gave me the free will to do so. If I was supposed to belong to a certain religion, God would've already placed me there.
I'm here because I Googled black metal & I saw this thread. I am a very opinionated person & I have no issue throwing an opinion of mine out, even if it isn't asked for. I don't have a void, so don't go on saying you "know" I do when you don't even know me OR my story.

AprilGivesFace6 05-30-2012 11:51 PM

Re: 19 signs your kid is into Black Metal:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobar King (Post 890935)

1. Has more fun listening to his music backwards than forward.
  2. Now he only wears black clothes or heavy metal t-shirts.
  3. Kid won't make his bed or clean his room.
  4. Talks back to parents.
  5. Won't take out the trash.
  6. Thinks Tom Sawyer lives in the future and drives a red sports car.
  7. Won't do his homework.
  8. Only wants to eat meat and won't eat his vegetables.
  9. Constantly using a sharpie to mark an x on the top of each hand.
  10. Keeps begging you to buy him ANOTHER Metallica album.
  11. Thinks some trashy rockers like Venom or Raven are the best.
  12. Always wears a trenchcoat, even in summer.
  13. Won't tie shoes or even put shoelaces into shoes.
  14. Cutting band names like SLAYER into his arm.
  15. Claims to be an atheist despite hoarding records and posters with photos of goats, pentagrams, and even Satan!
  16. Wants his first car to be some kind of van halen even though there is no where to park it.
  17. Keeps talking about how great going to gwar would be, but doesn't want to join the army.
  18. Wants to learn how to tie a slipknot but has no interest in sailing.
  19. Thinks King Diamond is the king of Norway.

1. I don't listen to music backwards. That's stupid.
2. I've been wearing band t-shirts since 8th grade, when I really got involved in music. Black is not all I wear.
3. My bed is made & my room is cleaned regularly & not by my parents!
4. I don't talk back to my parents. I respect them because that's how I was raised.
5. I take out the trash daily.
6. I don't think about Tom Sawyer. This sign is dumb.
7. I have straight A's. I'm still in high school & I take two college classes. It's called dual enrollment. It's actually proven that people who listen to metal are more intelligent than those who listen to pop or rap because of the complexity of the words used. There is no slang in metal.
8. I eat everything.
9. I don't write on myself.
10. I buy my albums with my own money. I have a job.
11. Randy Blythe from Lamb of God, a metal band, is actually my favorite "rocker". Appearance-wise, he fits the typical stereotypes society labels him & others like him as, but there's more on the inside. Don't judge, RIGHT?
12. My clothing compliments the weather. (ex. summer - shorts, fall - pants & a light jacket, etc.)
13. I only wear Converse for work. Otherwise, I wear sandals.
14. I don't cut. I never have.
15. I'm non-religious, not atheist. There is a difference between the two.
16. I want my first car to be a Jeep.
17. I have family members enlisted in the Army. I have no desire to join due to personal circumstances.
18. I have no interest in sailing nor learning how to do certain knots.
19. King Diamond is not factually the king of Norway. (Common sense?)

Like I said, I'm into black metal, yet I don't really show the signs. People don't always show the signs as to what their interests are. That's why it's important to get to know individuals for what's on the inside rather than immediately judging.

AprilGivesFace6 05-30-2012 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Bob Jenkins (Post 890941)
Awww, you poor thing. Did you go to a Christian website and people used Bible verses in conversation? I hope it didn't leave a bruise. :(

Stupidity

HAHAHA! I'm not looking for sympathy! I came on here to give a personal opinion! It only proved to me more on how narrow-minded some individuals can be!

John Creeser 05-31-2012 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AprilGrace6 (Post 891049)
It only proved to me more on how narrow-minded some individuals can be!

Right, we're narrow minded.

YOU are the one who is spitting in the face of Baby Jesus and have condemned yourself to EVERLASTING DAMNATION IN HELL!!

WE are the ones who follow the Word of God as written in the King James version of the Bible and will have EVERLASTING LIFE IN HEAVEN.

Who is narrow minded again?

Pastor Ezekiel 05-31-2012 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AprilGrace6 (Post 891049)
HAHAHA! I'm not looking for sympathy! I came on here to give a personal opinion! It only proved to me more on how narrow-minded some individuals can be!

Dear Godmocking Whore;

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule of worshiping satan and spreading your legs for anyone with a dollar to post this hateful message. The Holy Bible tells us that we are actually Blessed by your persecution! Thanks for proving that we're right. :tiphat:

Quote:

Matthew 5:10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
5:11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
5:12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Enjoy hell. I know that Jesus and I can't wait to watch you burn in hell for all eternity. Oh, how we'll laugh at you as you scream in agony! Shout Glory!! :yahoo:

YIC,

--Pastor Ezekiel

Redeemed Papist 05-31-2012 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AprilGrace6 (Post 891046)
I was a Jehovah's Witness; I was not involved in a Satanic cult.

That's the first sign of the damage such cults do. They brainwash out the link to Satan.
2 Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.