The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The introduction forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Hey guys.... (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=71175)

***Liam*** 11-07-2011 11:34 PM

Hey guys....

Hey, I'm Liam, I'm 22, I live in Garbage City, Michigan, I go to First Baptist Church (or at least I will be going there since I just moved here), and my favorite Bible verse is Ezra 7:23. I've commited way too many sins to keep track of in this life, so I thought I could possibly turn my life around if I came here. I'm looking forward to having fellowship with you guys soon.

-Liam

Brother Harold Porter 11-07-2011 11:44 PM

Re: Hey guys....

Quote:

Originally Posted by ***Liam*** (Post 813844)
Hey, I'm Liam, I'm 22, I live in Garbage City, Michigan, I go to First Baptist Church (or at least I will be going there since I just moved here), and my favorite Bible verse is Ezra 7:23. I've commited way too many sins to keep track of in this life, so I thought I could possibly turn my life around if I came here. I'm looking forward to having fellowship with you guys soon.

-Liam

Young man, Jesus doesn't like a liar and neither do we.

Proverbs 19:9 "A false witness shall not be unpunished, and he that speaketh lies shall perish."

There is no such city. Now, if you had pretended to be posting from, let's say, Seattle, there would be no way for us to know if you are telling the truth or not. Only God would see inside your soul.

But please stop with the blatant lies.

In Christ

***Liam*** 11-08-2011 12:11 AM

I'm sorry. I meant Garden City....I'm thinking I should repent. Maybe Garbage City is a sinful nickname for this town.

Repentant 11-08-2011 12:19 AM

I see you godmocker:

2 Chronicles 36:16

***Liam*** 11-08-2011 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repentant (Post 813853)
I see you godmocker:

2 Chronicles 36:16

I'm not a godmocker, and Jesus knows it. I came here to turn my life around. He knows that too. This sinful past I have isn't something that'll hold me back.

Brother Harold Porter 11-08-2011 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ***Liam*** (Post 813850)
I'm sorry. I meant Garden City....I'm thinking I should repent. Maybe Garbage City is a sinful nickname for this town.

Repentance is a good thing, my friend. As an ex-queer, it is something I still ask for forgiveness from on a daily basis. I could have been smitten any one of those thousands of nights that I made Jesus cry as I chased the backsides of other men.

Tell us some more about yourself and be strong in Jesus Christ.

In Him

Nobar King 11-08-2011 12:41 AM

I assumed he was referring to Detroit.

James Hutchins 11-08-2011 12:49 AM

As most here know, I am a master of diction and I detect a northwestern tone in 'Liam' (a mick name if I ever heard one) that makes me think he is really in Seattle, Washington and has never been farther east than Jacksons Hole.
Therefore, I can inequivocally state tha it is true, the is a godmocker and only here to disrupt our peaceful gathering of manly men.

***Liam*** 11-08-2011 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Harold Porter (Post 813857)
Repentance is a good thing, my friend. As an ex-queer, it is something I still ask for forgiveness from on a daily basis. I could have been smitten any one of those thousands of nights that I made Jesus cry as I chased the backsides of other men.

In Him

Well, I admit that wasn't the greatest way to introduce myself. I should start this over.

I was kicked out of my house when I was 15 because I started experimenting with crystal meth, which eventually graduated into cocaine. This whole phase went on until I turned 18, when I ran into the Pastor at the local Baptist church (I can't recall its name at the moment), who took notice of how messed up I was and literally dragged me to his sermon that Sunday. Starting my life off as a Mormon, it was an entirely different environment for me. But eventually, I realized I liked the way they spreaded God's Word. I know what you guys mean when you say that Baptist is the one True Christian denomination, because from what I've seen, it is the absolute truth.

The next time I move, it'll definitely be to Freehold. It's like Detroit's polar opposite, is it not?

-Liam

***Liam*** 11-08-2011 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hutchins (Post 813864)
As most here know, I am a master of diction and I detect a northwestern tone in 'Liam' (a mick name if I ever heard one) that makes me think he is really in Seattle, Washington and has never been farther east than Jacksons Hole.
Therefore, I can inequivocally state tha it is true, the is a godmocker and only here to disrupt our peaceful gathering of manly men.

Oh please. There's some Athiest boy on my street named Liam. He goes around to everyone's house telling them to drop their foolish beliefs and become papists. He comes from some kind of family of Irish drunks in which they all hate and abuse each other. And this is all in Garden City. And so far, here in Michigan, I've met my fair share of Liams.

Pastor Ezekiel 11-08-2011 03:51 AM

If you'd like to find out more about Landover Baptist Church, please read THIS thread created especially for new posters.

If you have a question, use the "search" function before posting it. Most likely it is being discussed somewhere on this Godly forum. Please don't waste God's precious bandwidth.

You will keep a respectful tongue in your head whenever addressing your betters, which includes all True Christians™. Failure to do so, or any attempt at inciting debate or mockery of God's Divine Plan, can and will result in the suspension of your posting privileges.

Your rights on this forum are listed HERE. If you feel that any of these rights have been violated, please don't hesitate to contact a Pastor at once.

Repentant 11-08-2011 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Harold Porter (Post 813857)

In Him

Sorry Brother you are right, I should have been more generous, but he seemed to be another atheist coming to attack. I may however have been a little tetchy and trigger happy.

Thankyou for your advice!

Proverbs 17 : 17

Faith_Machine 11-08-2011 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ***Liam*** (Post 813873)
There's some Athiest boy on my street named Liam. He goes around to everyone's house telling them to drop their foolish beliefs and become papists.

Why would an atheist urge people to become Papists?

I sure hope you're not just polishing our apple here, telling us what you think we want to hear.

I do understand about that Garbage City business, though. Natives of my town generally refer to it as "Pathetica" or "Pasyphilis," and with good reason.

James Hutchins 11-08-2011 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ***Liam*** (Post 813871)
Well, I admit that wasn't the greatest way to introduce myself. I should start this over.

I was kicked out of my house when I was 15 because I started experimenting with crystal meth, which eventually graduated into cocaine. This whole phase went on until I turned 18, when I ran into the Pastor at the local Baptist church (I can't recall its name at the moment), who took notice of how messed up I was and literally dragged me to his sermon that Sunday. Starting my life off as a Mormon, it was an entirely different environment for me. But eventually, I realized I liked the way they spreaded God's Word. I know what you guys mean when you say that Baptist is the one True Christian denomination, because from what I've seen, it is the absolute truth.

The next time I move, it'll definitely be to Freehold. It's like Detroit's polar opposite, is it not?

-Liam

Son, what are you, a moron? Baptists are not magic underwearing mormons.

***Liam*** 11-08-2011 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hutchins (Post 814018)
Son, what are you, a moron? Baptists are not magic underwearing mormons.

No. Mormonism is a cult. I turned away from it. Don't bash me, because I came here to change.

***Liam*** 11-08-2011 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faith_Machine (Post 814007)
Why would an atheist urge people to become Papists?

I sure hope you're not just polishing our apple here, telling us what you think we want to hear.

I do understand about that Garbage City business, though. Natives of my town generally refer to it as "Pathetica" or "Pasyphilis," and with good reason.

No this is true. He's been coming too my door too many times lately.:angry:

Pastor Ed Lowman 11-08-2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ***Liam*** (Post 814034)
Don't bash me, because I came here to change.

It's called tough love, Liam. That's how God corrects us. (Hebrews 12:6)

Faith_Machine 11-08-2011 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ***Liam*** (Post 814035)
No this is true. He's been coming too my door too many times lately.:angry:

I'm not understanding the logic of this at all. Why would an atheist urge anybody to become Catholic? The only religions atheists don't hate are science and atheism. Oh, and communism. But they definitely hate Catholicism.

Brother Temperance 11-08-2011 11:09 PM

Yeah. If a Catholic was going door-to-door telling people to become Muslim, that'd be entirely understanding, seeing as Islam is a Vatican plot and all. But an atheist telling people to become Catholic? That's just wacky and implausible.

Faith_Machine 11-08-2011 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Temperance (Post 814179)
Yeah. If a Catholic was going door-to-door telling people to become Muslim, that'd be entirely understanding, seeing as Islam is a Vatican plot and all. But an atheist telling people to become Catholic? That's just wacky and implausible.

Great history lesson, Brother! The following statement especially warmed the cockles of my soul:

Quote:

The besiegers were barbecued with this Greek Fire: and the siege was a total failure, with thousands of Arab casualties:
:yahoo: