The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Christian history forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What war has the best soundtrack? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=115762)

Trent Harvey, Jr. 01-21-2019 12:38 AM

What war has the best soundtrack?

War of 1812:

(NOT the Napoleonic Wars, anyone who thinks Tchaikovsky is ruskie is spreading FAKE NEWS. Only Americans are badass enough to fire cannons inside concert halls!)

War of Yankee Aggression, aka U.S. Civil War:

World War One

No, not the "Galactic Civil War", star wars nerds/plagerism-lovers.

World War Two

Other than sappy ballads and Disco Hitler memes, nothing. Pat Buchanan is right, this war was not worth fighting.

Korea

Since the Korean war is technically still in progress this counts:

Vietnam

Wow. Freaking wow.

War On Terror

You'd think the longest war in American history would have a good soundtrack....But nope, just another promise broken. The closest we had to a soundtrack was this:

I guess they'll play it at the parade I'll never have.

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 01-21-2019 01:07 AM

Re: What war has the best soundtrack?

Any War Between 2 European Countries

Johny Joe Hold 01-21-2019 01:50 AM

The only candidate has to have pretty girls. The WWII Andrew Sisters and Bugle Boy of Company C wins.

Dennis Lukes 01-21-2019 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trent Harvey, Jr. (Post 1244761)
Korea

Since the Korean war is technically still in progress this counts:

Remember that time Kim Jong-Un made a rap video?

Sally Paulson 01-21-2019 02:29 AM

Oh my - so much perverted jungle music here. I thought this was about the BEST music not the BREAST music.

Anyway, I voted "other" because the War Of Alaskan Independence will have the best soundtrack. :thumbsup:

Trent Harvey, Jr. 01-21-2019 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Anthony J. Toole (Post 1244762)
Any War Between 2 European Countries

I believe that would technically be classified as a catfight.

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 02-07-2019 04:23 AM

The Irish Troubles have a lot of songs - not surprising, since the Irish are basically blacks who can't play basketball. U2 did one, the Cranberries did another, there's got to be more. Dunno if it even counts as a war though, by interrupting their regularly scheduled bar brawls, violent deaths probably dropped over all.

Now as for the Drug war, the soundtrack involves almost every pop song of the past 50 years, so we will have to be picky.

I'll start by nominating this one, since it seems to be the first explicit drug song to enter mainstream consciousnesses:

gamer4Christ 02-09-2019 03:22 AM

The War in Heaven described in Revelation 12:7–10:

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 02-09-2019 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamer4Christ (Post 1246206)
The War in Heaven described in Revelation 12:7–10:

What on Earth can a Japanese RPG have in common with the Book Of Revelation? One is a drug-trip report inspired by childish fairy tales. Clearly created by psychopaths judging by the fantasies of genocidal/omnicidal-level violence which somehow lead to a "happy ending". Fanbase is isolated cultish freaks who get together for safety in numbers, dress like weirdos, and behave as if their fairy-tales are real.

On the other hand, the Book of Revelation is - sorry I just got a phone call.

mrgrtt123 02-13-2019 04:48 AM

Rise Against - Hero of War

Tim's vocals are impeccable, and the meaning blows my mind. Such an emotional song, with out whining. Veterans of wars tend to break out crying when listening to this song.