The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Pastor Zeke's News Wire (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   "Pi" Day, a response... (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=75610)

Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S. 03-14-2012 06:24 PM

"Pi" Day, a response...

Now I know that holidays are a tricky time to talk rationally, since emotions naturally run high and of course there is the annual drama-fest amongst believers and non-believers.

However, I have been moved to warn those among us of weaker faith of the dangers of celebrating this small yet dangerous holiday: the so-called Pi Day.

Now, as True Christians, we all know that Pi = 3.000.... In fact, that was one of my more proud moments, when I was able to prove this mathematically, which should put this issue to rest once the rest of the scientific community wakes up and smells the beans.

An of course, since mathematics is only a reflection of God's Creation, we turn to the answer key, the 1611 King James Bible, and we find the Biblical proof clearly defining Pi as 3.0:

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Kings 7:23
23And he made a molten sea, ten cubits from the one brim to the other: it was round all about, and his height was five cubits: and a line of thirty cubits did compass it round about.

Well, my friends, the public schools still hold true to their outdated idea that Pi is a number that "never ends", 3.1415926.... forever :lol: Unfortunately this nasty little lie has been difficult to disprove, especially with public schools teaching this nonsense to innocent children. As such, the liberals believe that today is some cosmic holiday, Pi-Day, since it is 3-14.

I am here to caution you against this misappropriation of "logic"! We must stand fast against this travesty, taking something as American as Pie and turning it into a mockery of our Lord. In the same way that Easter has become an excuse for a pedophile in a bunny suit to fondle little children, we have all of society rejoicing in their so-called mathematics, which is surely a kick in the knickers for the One who clearly states that Pi = 3.

Perhaps you can do what I do: observe Pi day every 30th of the month. Enjoy some delicious warm Apple Pie and remember that the Lord has stated that Pi = 3, just as clearly as there are 7 days in a week, 365 days in a year and the earth is 6,000 years old.

Mary Etheldreda 03-14-2012 07:38 PM

Re: "Pi" Day, a response...

Brother, the Good LORD has compelled me to take the education of my children and the future of our society very seriously. For this reason we only teach Biblical Math. I'm pleased to see so many True Christian™ children and young adults making their way into the world of scientific and mathematical research! God bless you and the work you do Dr. Ville!

Johnathan 03-14-2012 09:23 PM

Brothers and Sisters in Christ, Don't forget that their commonly used number (3.14159) multiplied by 211.9946 = 666, the number of the antichrist. We outsmart the heathens again by seeing through their agenda, through putting our trust in Jesus Christ our LORD and SAVIOR.

:praise:

Catherine Moore 03-15-2012 08:32 AM

I had totally misunderstood. I thought "pi" was just some nigra misspelling of "pie".

I'd spent the day practising baking, looking up new recipes, shopping for a new pie tin and so forth.

I'd certainly never had make a big deal of the day if I'd known it was to do with numbers. Not the good kind, sitting comfortably between Leviticus and Deuteronomy, either.

Rev. M. Rodimer 03-16-2012 01:19 AM

I think we should henceforth celebrate Pie Day instead.

With square pies.

http://www.marthastewart.com/sites/f...asterpie_l.jpg
Pie R Squared.

Johny Joe Hold 03-16-2012 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. M. Rodimer (Post 859076)
I think we should henceforth celebrate Pie Day instead.

With square pies.
Pie R Squared.

Here's a good one, Rev. I'll take 3.0 pieces of pi(e) please. :thumbsup:

Palmer C. Eldrich 03-16-2012 02:12 AM

I have a friend who insists celebrating Pi day today is an insult to mathematics and that it ought to be celebrated July 22nd, as 22/7 is more accurate than 3.14.

Redeemed Papist 03-16-2012 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palmer C. Eldrich (Post 859089)
I have a friend who insists celebrating Pi day today is an insult to mathematics and that it ought to be celebrated July 22nd, as 22/7 is more accurate than 3.14.

That's all very fascinating but it's still spitting in the face of God's love.