The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   False Religions and Cults (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Mayan 2012 Prophecies (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=28706)

Pastor Billy-Reuben 09-02-2009 02:16 AM

Mayan 2012 Prophecies

When I first started people talk about how the Mayan calendar ends on 12-21-12, and were talking about Mayan doomsday prophecies, I thought to myself, here we go again. Here comes the latest installment of new-age mumbo-jumbo. :wizard:

However, I kept hearing more and more about it, and I was alarmed at some of the things I heard, so I looked into it a bit. I found out that the Mayans weren't the only ones who predicted cataclysmic events for 2012. So did the Hopi Indians, so did Nostradamus, so did Merlin, so did the Upanishads, so did the I Ching, all predicting something happening in 2012.

Now I don't put any stock in predictions from such dubious sources, but the fact that those so-called prophecies all exist lead me to think that maybe there's a reason for it. It can't all be coincidence. I think Satan is planning something big, and he's using 2012 mania as a cover for it.

What do you think?

Pastor Billy-Reuben

Jo Freddie 09-02-2009 02:25 AM

Re: Mayan 2012 Prophecies

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Billy-Reuben (Post 393699)
When I first started people talk about how the Mayan calendar ends on 12-21-12, and were talking about Mayan doomsday prophecies, I thought to myself, here we go again. Here comes the latest installment of new-age mumbo-jumbo. :wizard:

However, I kept hearing more and more about it, and I was alarmed at some of the things I heard, so I looked into it a bit. I found out that the Mayans weren't the only ones who predicted cataclysmic events for 2012. So did the Hopi Indians, so did Nostradamus, so did Merlin, so did the Upanishads, so did the I Ching, all predicting something happening in 2012.

Now I don't put any stock in predictions from such dubious sources, but the fact that those so-called prophecies all exist lead me to think that maybe there's a reason for it. It can't all be coincidence. I think Satan is planning something big, and he's using 2012 mania as a cover for it.

What do you think?

Pastor Billy-Reuben

The London Olympics!
Surely a portent of DOOM!

Pastor Ezekiel 09-02-2009 02:38 AM

I can't find any mention of it in the world's most important book.

JennyD 09-02-2009 02:39 AM

Pastor -

Maybe references to these predictions would help us understand your concerns.

By the way, I thought Merlin was a fictional character. Did you mean Rasputin?

Mad Prophet Helmholtz 09-02-2009 02:44 AM

Since 1974 I have been preaching to everyone that Spaceship Jesus will land on December 21, 2012.The Mayans foresaw his arrival through the use of mind-altering chemicals thousands of years ago, so they made it so the calendar would run out exactly when Spaceship Jesus arrives. (For what would be the point of a calendar once the world ends?)

We can plainly see that certain events are lining up for an apocalypse. London Olympics, Election (or re-election) of the US President, the "One World Trade Center" tower is being erected that year, etc.

When Spaceship Jesus lands, there will be The War to End All Wars. Imagine global catastrophe and chaos the likes that no human being has ever witnessed!

Soviet MiG fighters will take to the skies and drop bombs over America. Homosexuals will grab AK-47s and start gunning people down in psychotic frenzies. Animals and Robots will join forces and CYBORG ANIMALS WILL HUNT YOU DOWN. Sharks will be able to fly through the air and flying sharks will attack people living in coastal cities. Electronics and Machines will turn on their masters: Automobiles will drive themselves and try to chalk up as much human car-nage as possible. Imposters and clones will take up sniping positions in high-populated areas and pick people off one by one.

Only a small force of HOLY ARMY led by Hulk Hogan, Mr. T., and Bruce Lee will fight against this Tide of Villainy and help THE SAVED to the Landing Crafts. The Landing Crafts will fly out of the mothership SPACESHIP JESUS and land all over the world. Only those that have given their lives to Spaceship Jesus and follow the commandments of Mad Prophet Helmholtz will be allowed access to these craft, which will then rescue them from the earthly armageddon and take them up to the paradise which is SPACESHIP JESUS.

SPACESHIP JESUS IS COMING 12/21/2012. MARK MY WORDS. It is now or never to convert!

Jo Freddie 09-02-2009 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 393713)

There is no mention in your book of Noodles but they still exist.

Pastor Billy-Reuben 09-02-2009 02:54 AM

Quote:

Me neither. I don't put any stock in what any of those "prophecies" say, but what got my attention is the fact that there are so many of them from different sources all saying the same thing. It leads me to think that Satan is planning something.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennyD (Post 393715)
Maybe references to these predictions would help us understand your concerns.

I didn't bookmark any of the pages, but I can find them again by googling 2012 along with any of Mayan, Merlin, Hopi, Nostradamus, Upanishads, or I-Ching.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennyD (Post 393715)
By the way, I thought Merlin was a fictional character. Did you mean Rasputin?

No, I meant the historical Merlin, also known as Merlinus Caledonensis in Latin or Myrddin Wyllt in Welsh, not the fireball blasting wizard from the King Arthur legends.

Pastor Billy-Reuben

David Goldman 09-02-2009 04:00 AM

I wonder if it will be one of these self-fulfilling prophesies.

It probably can't be the rapture due to Matthew 24:36
Quote:

But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
But anyone with an agenda might think it clever to stir something up on that day. It is also interesting that it is between the next US Presidential election and the electoral college official certification. If the current "acting" president were to lose the next election to a Godly man (like say Brother Huckabee), that would be an ideal time to disrupt things in an attempt to cling to power.

Indeed it makes one wonder . . .

JennyD 09-02-2009 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Billy-Reuben (Post 393723)
No, I meant the historical Merlin, also known as Merlinus Caledonensis in Latin or Myrddin Wyllt in Welsh, not the fireball blasting wizard from the King Arthur legends.

Pastor Billy-Reuben

Oh! Thank you, Pastor. :thumbsup: Not this guy: :wizard:

Nobar King 09-02-2009 05:39 AM

I'm not taking any chances so I stuffed my attic with steel wool. It cuts down on EM radiation from satellites. I feel safer.

David Goldman 09-02-2009 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobar King (Post 393834)
I'm not taking any chances so I stuffed my attic with steel wool. It cuts down on EM radiation from satellites. I feel safer.

That's a great idea. Actually, I still have a lot of my Y2K canned food up in mine. I wonder if that would work like steel wool?

Nobar King 09-02-2009 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Goldman (Post 393846)
That's a great idea. Actually, I still have a lot of my Y2K canned food up in mine. I wonder if that would work like steel wool?

Steel wool has a lower density ratio because it's not all full of water, but has more surface area. Plus, those cans are going to start to leak and attract ants.

Isabella Abbey 09-02-2009 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobar King (Post 393851)
Steel wool has a lower density ratio because it's not all full of water, but has more surface area. Plus, those cans are going to start to leak and attract ants.

Why don't you wise and cautious fellows just line the attic floor with aluminum foil? It shouldn't take more than a couple of rolls and a satisfying half-day's work. :thumbsup:

:rofl3:

Nobar King 09-02-2009 08:27 PM

I tried aluminum once, but it is h-ll for my cell phone reception.

Bob4God 09-02-2009 08:42 PM

Oh I know the devil is up to something! He always is!

This is just like the time he got all those Heaven's Gate loonies to kill themselves in an attempt to catch a ride on a comet! :haha:

I bet he's still laughing it up over that one!

He is out to get every last one of us, but he'll never get me or any of mine, that's for sure! :thumbsup: JESUS protects me!

Vavoline Johnson 09-02-2009 09:11 PM

Quote:

Well ,we is still stockin up on terlet paper jist in case!

demiroyal 09-14-2009 08:12 AM

I love this topic its amazing. On 12 21 12 the we will be alligned with the eliptical middle of our galaxy causing some fun stuff to happen. There are 4 things that are predicted to happen on this day.
1. Nibiru/Eris aka Planet X a planet twice teh size of jupiter that intersects our eliptical path once every 3000 years is said to be coming around to hit Earth 2012. False because this planet has been around for billions of years.. if this was true it would of hit us by now. What is even better the sumians and mayans believe the race of aliens the Anunakki will come for us and move us to a new world.. You can youtube for more info www.youtube.com search Nibiru Annunaki for this theory.

2. Polar / Magnetic Change.. ok were over due for a polar change oh well not a biggie, most that will come from this is earth quakes tusnamis.. wont be pretty but not the end of the world. search www.youtube.com Polar Shift

3. Solar Activity Maximum. We are gonna be hit by a solar storm that will knock us silly. The one back in 2001 that knocked out the power grids.. this one will be way worse. This is gonna destroy our satlaites and worse. The beauty of it though is if there is a solar flare which is predicted and if that solar flare ends up aimed at earth or any where NEAR earth.. were fried fast than you can say OUCH. The suns activity has increased majorly in the last 12 years this is gonna be the worst year on records.
www.youtube.com 2012 sun activity

4. Finally and my most favorite is the Earth blowing up.. but not like that. Mount St. Helen is over due 2000 years for a big boomer. This mountain right now has a Cauldron under it gathering magma and air and when that cauldron goes under so much presure its gonnna blow sending magma miles and so much ash into our atmosphere that it will send us into a ice age. but really its a 26000 year cycle I mean we could be over due for antoher 5000 years..
www.youtube.com 2012 mt st helens

MY THEORY But really in my oppinion its not the end of the world 12 21 12 is the end of a mayan age.. no it just resets.. the Bible says God will come like a theif in the night, no one will know the hour. Bible says nothing about this but it does say weather condtions will get worse.. this could be a sign?

Pastor Billy-Reuben 09-14-2009 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demiroyal (Post 399707)
MY THEORY But really in my oppinion its not the end of the world 12 21 12 is the end of a mayan age

:rofl:

The "Mayan Age" ended when the Spanish killed them all in the 1600's. If that's your theory, then they were off by 400 years.

Pastor Billy-Reuben

Brother Temperance 09-14-2009 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Billy-Reuben (Post 399793)
:rofl:

The "Mayan Age" ended when the Spanish killed them all in the 1600's. If that's your theory, then they were off by 400 years.

Pastor Billy-Reuben

If the Mayans were good at predicting the future, you'd think they'd have known to run away or at least fight back when the white men came. Further proof that the Devil never wins.

JennyD 09-14-2009 07:43 PM

Since when do Mynahs prophesy?

http://www.nzbirds.com/birds/img/mynahphoto.jpg