The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Straight 4 Jesus! (Back Door Christians) (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Fag-enabling Catholic rewrites the Bible. (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=116337)

Pastor Isaac Peters 05-21-2019 12:31 PM

Fag-enabling Catholic rewrites the Bible.

In a letter to the editor in Jeff Bezos’s personal blog:
Quote:

The church teaches that we are all God’s children made in His image and should be treated with dignity and respect….
If that’s what the Roman institution teaches, then the Roman institution is wrong yet again. Our Lord Jesus Christ gave the saved, and only the saved, the power to become God’s children:

John 1:12-13 KJV: 12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

People who don’t believe Christ’s truth—a group that plainly includes both Catholics and sodomites—are the devil’s children:

John 8:44-45 KJV: 44 Ye are of [your] father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. 45 And because I tell [you] the truth, ye believe me not.

MitzaLizalor 05-21-2019 01:58 PM

Re: Fag-enabling Catholic rewrites the Bible.

I noticed how Sister Mary was all about "the church" and what it taught. Any establishment associated with Christ would surely further His teachings. It's not as if we don't know what they are. Just read The Bible. Nuns however contradict what we can all read for ourselves and this particular nun, by her own statement, would have God a liar.

Communists all endorse Marx. Sikhs all endorse Guru Nanek. The point at which they stop being Sikhs or communists is the point at which they oppose their source material. Nuns therefore cannot be considered Christians because they oppose Christ, by their own idolatry and in this case by the nonsense she spouts.

Do they actually understand what they read in The Bible? Do they even read it?

Dennis Lukes 05-21-2019 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MitzaLizalor (Post 1252029)
Do they actually understand what they read in The Bible? Do they even read it?

I've been wondering that myself. The Catlicks used to burn people at the stake for translating God's word out of Latin and into languages they could understand. When did that change? And why would catlicks read the Bible anyway? It's not as if it has anything to do with their religion. A papist reading the Bible would be like a Rastafarian reading the Analects of Confucius or a Unitarian reading Dianetics.

Are they the ones behind all those blasphemous false translations of the Bible?

MitzaLizalor 05-21-2019 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennis Lukes (Post 1252030)
Are they the ones behind all those blasphemous false translations of the Bible?

Well they were definitely behind the Vulgate and I believe they were involved with the NIV. Then there's the Jerusalem Bible and the Gelineau psalmody.

An earlier rewrite called the New English Bible had input from the following well known heretics:
  • The Antiochian Orthodox Church
  • The Church of Ireland
  • Greek Orthodox Church
  • Irish Lutheran
  • Methodists
  • Moravians
  • Presbyterians, (various)
  • Quakers
  • The Rock of Ages Cherubim and Seraphim Church, (Eternal Sacred Order of Cherubim and Seraphim)
  • Romanian Orthodox
  • Russian Orthodox
  • The Salvation Army

James VI and I relaxing at home . . . . . . .
I have no idea what Irish Lutherans do and the Eternal Sacred Order of Cherubim and Seraphim sounds highly suspect. Probably angel worship. The list highlights one aspect of catholicism not often brought up, its relationship to so-called orthodoxy. There have been several schisms involving the self-styled Bishop of Rome most recently about a thousand years ago. "The Pontiff" is a pre-existing title probably worth 100 points in the self aggrandisement arena and one "The Pope" would like to hang on to. Nevertheless before Rome got so carried away with its own corpse worship there had been a millennium long tradition of which it was part. Currently the Romish catholicism is a sort of splinter group but there is also a Non-Chalcedonian tradition.

In addition to all the "Orthodoxes" there are also plenty of other "Catholics" (Greek catholic, Ukrainian catholic as distinct from Greek orthodox or Ukrainian orthodox) but generally they go in for verbose porridge of the type linked.

All the other translations have similar histories. No pontiff has ever been appointed by God. Kings, on the other hand, are. A king prepared to thumb his nose at Rome and produce a Bible everyone can read for themselves is twice blessed.

Ezekiel Bathfire 05-22-2019 09:08 PM

Of course, the world is filled with those who see themselves as the image of God rather than accepting that one most be at first worthy to approach God by aspiring to the impossible of being Him, despite mortal limitations.

Quite simply if God is against sodomy, God is against sodomites and those who even think of sodomy.

To state otherwise is self-delusion of the highest order. If such abominations insist on calling themselves Christian, they can at least do it on their own somewhere, because no real Church should accept them and they should be told to leave.

I am grateful for Miss Lazalor's bringing to our attention the inextricable mess that the Orthodox "churches" have gotten themselves into, although I believe that practise is the abhor sodomy in public and engage in it in private.

The article to which Miss Lizalor links has this paragraph:
Quote:

Closely connected to this is the second objection. If the Non-Chalcedonians are not required to accept the Fourth Ecumenical Council (Chalcedon) and the subsequent three, and to not accept the Fathers whose theology played a key role in formulating the councils’ definitions, what does that imply regarding Orthodox theological epistemology, given that Orthodoxy believes itself to be the Church of the Seven Councils and of saints such as Savas the Sanctified, Maximus the Confessor, and John of Damascus, who were dedicated opponents of the Non-Chalcedonians of their time?
The question is not rhetorical but requires an answer. The answer is Read the Bible and obey God, not some bearded buffoon with a golden crucifix strapped around his neck.

That said, I do recommend a perusing of another article mentioned
Quote:

For an alternative view, see the article by Bp. Alexander Golitzin, who was tonsured on Mt. Athos.
("Tonsured" means "had a haircut" - I assume that the barbers in the area are particularly good, or particularly cheap - Golitin is not a bad fellow, as long as you leave aside his frankly unsupportable views on the only important thing in the world - worshiping God.)

MitzaLizalor 05-23-2019 12:41 AM

And that's just two authors! Can you even imagine the volumes of tripe produced over centuries! However interesting the material is, mainly in cataloguing error, your point remains. Continued revelation (of doctrines from God) will always agree with what He has recorded for us in The Bible. Quite apart from the idolatry—which is as obvious as it is plainly described in The Bible—there's all these titles they give one another.

Recently I quoted Stephen on the occasion of his stoning to show that it's possible to see what's taking place in Heaven. There isn't a button you can press to open the sky but God is able to do this according to His will. Here's the preamble from Stephen's address in chapter seven.

Acts 5:34–6:7; 6:8–7:60
2 And he said, Men, brethren, and fathers, hearken; The God of glory appeared unto our father Abraham, when he was in Mesopotamia, before he dwelt in Charran,
3 And said unto him, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and come into the land which I shall shew thee.
4 Then came he out of the land of the Chaldaeans, and dwelt in Charran: and from thence, when his father was dead, he removed him into this land, wherein ye now dwell.

Stephen is referring to "father" as a matter of biological fact. Christians are not biological entities. Jesus already has His resurrection body and after we die we will have that too. The biological entity in which our consciousness arose still exists, but we are not that entity. And although it was sired by a "father" it is our Heavenly Father sustaining our true identity in the Spirit. This point is explicit in Hebrews.

Hebrews 12:9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

Jesus commanded the "fathers of our flesh" to hate us. Priests claim to be mediating on God's behalf. They even have blasphemous inventions such as co-Redemptrix, co-Mediatrix, co-Advocatrix and Mary the Mediatrix of All Graces!

It is possible for God to reveal something new at any time. But when He does so it will not contradict something He'd spelled out already and The Bible is absolutely straightforward on all the above points. Priests are not claiming to be "fathers of our flesh" but spiritual conduits from a Spiritual Father. That spiritual entity is directly contradicting God.

• We are not permitted to call them Father.

• Matthew 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

• The "fathers of our flesh" are commanded to hate us.

• Luke 14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

• What constitutes an idol is described and prohibited.

• Deuteronomy 5:8 Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the waters beneath the earth.

• A very comprehensive prohibition.

• What constitutes idolatry is described and prohibited.

• Deuteronomy 5:9 Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me.

• Pedants' corner – Exodus 34:17 . Leviticus 19:4

• God does not change.

• Malachi 3:6a-7d For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed. Even from the days of your fathers ye are gone away from mine ordinances, and have not kept them. Return unto me, and I will return unto you, saith the LORD of hosts.