The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Promise Enforcers - Men Only! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   "It's your fault if I rape you" pamphlets for teen girls (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=38247)

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 03-01-2010 02:34 AM

"It's your fault if I rape you" pamphlets for teen girls

Text from a pamphlet handed out to teenaged girls:
"You may have been given this leaflet because of the way you are dressed," it begins. "Have you thought about standing before the true and living God to be judged?"

"Scripture tells us that when a man looks on a woman to lust for her he has already committed adultery in his heart. If you are dressed in a way that tempts a men to do this secret (or not so secret) sin, you are a participant in the sin...By the way, some rape victims would not have been raped if they had dressed properly. So can we really say they were innocent victims?"
This is a great idea. We need to print up our own "It's your fault if I rape you" pamphlets for the teenie girls around here.

Nobar King 03-01-2010 02:40 AM

Re: "It's your fault if I rape you" pamphlets for teen girls

Look: I wasn't the author of he pamphlets. That doesn't mean that they aren't useful.

Anything that a caring parent can do to protect their kid is worth it to me.

Skwurll 03-01-2010 04:06 AM

So, this is just a question.

Are you saying I can walk into my neighbors house and rape her for the low low price of $190?

I might just be coming around to this line of thinking...

Pastor Ezekiel 03-01-2010 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skwurll (Post 480939)
So, this is just a question.

Are you saying I can walk into my neighbors house and rape her for the low low price of $190?

I might just be coming around to this line of thinking...

You aren't a Christian, so why do you care what the Bible says? :huh:

Rape is always a bad thing, boy.

Nobar King 03-01-2010 04:22 AM

You shouldn't be going into your neighbor's house at all. What's wrong with you, boy??

Skwurll 03-01-2010 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobar King (Post 480947)
You shouldn't be going into your neighbor's house at all. What's wrong with you, boy??

I will admit it WOULD be slightly odd for me to go into my neighbor's house at this time.

I apologize for my comment earlier, it was hastily worded and I was angry at the time. (Not angry at the subject matter, recent events beyond my control have been irritating me.) and I wrote it without thinking.

Larry Lee 03-01-2010 01:03 PM

Brother Jeb, that's a terrific tract to give to women of all ages.

If I recall correctly, it was social scientists at Patrick Henry College who demonstrated that fully 89% of all rapes are associated with a woman's inappropriate attire. Why do secularists deny the fact that women are responsible for most rapes?

H. Montague Worthington 03-01-2010 05:47 PM

GLORY!!

It's about time that slutty sirens are made fully aware of their powerful lure to young men. When Jesus sat down and wrote the Bible, he warned against sluts participating in society. If only they would heed Jesus' words, they would be much better off.

That Catholic Chick 03-01-2010 08:03 PM

It's your faulr I rape you.... Wow. What a self-esteem lowere pamphlet. A normal thinking person would say the exact opposite. No offense, but this just might be the sickest thing I ever read. Says a lot about you people. Yet again... No offense. >.>

Cranky Old Man 03-01-2010 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skwurll (Post 480957)
I wrote it without thinking.

Gee, imagine that. Now start thinking and read the Holy Bible!

BelieverInGod 03-02-2010 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by That Catholic Chick (Post 481287)
It's your faulr I rape you.... Wow. What a self-esteem lowere pamphlet. A normal thinking person would say the exact opposite. No offense, but this just might be the sickest thing I ever read. Says a lot about you people. Yet again... No offense. >.>

Try dressing modestly and not putting yourself in a high risk situation like passing out at a kegger. It's amazing how your risk of getting raped would drop.

Pastor Ezekiel 03-02-2010 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by That Catholic Chick (Post 481287)

I am offended by your purple font. Post in black or we'll ask you to leave. :badmood:

Icelandic Atheist 03-05-2010 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cranky Old Man (Post 481367)
Gee, imagine that. Now start thinking and read the Holy Bible!

Great way to mock his words when taken out of context, real smart aren't you ?

:sarcasm:

Cranky Old Man 03-05-2010 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icelandic Atheist (Post 483771)
Great way to mock his words when taken out of context, real smart aren't you ?

How did I take his "I wrote it without thinking." out of context? He did write that!

True Sinner 03-05-2010 11:27 PM

I think it would be genuine to consider that rape is not considered a crime of passion or lust, but a crime of power.

A man who rapes is seeking power over his victim, so sexually attractive girls dressed in bikinis don't really stand more chance of being raped at all.

Pastor Ezekiel 03-05-2010 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Sinner (Post 484037)
I think it would be genuine to consider that rape is not considered a crime of passion or lust, but a crime of power.

A man who rapes is seeking power over his victim, so sexually attractive girls dressed in bikinis don't really stand more chance of being raped at all.

Your unsaved opinions don't mean much to Jesus I'm afraid.

Please make a thread of your own in the "Introductions" section of the forum, so that we can properly greet you. Tell us about yourself, your church, and how you came to find Jesus.

And if you're here to flame us, better take a look at THIS before making an even bigger ass out of yourself. :rtfm:

Cranky Old Man 03-06-2010 12:12 AM

Quote:

I think it would be genuine to consider that rape is not considered a crime of passion or lust, but a crime of power. A man who rapes is seeking power over his victim

Rape is not about electricity you idiot, it is about sex! Just read this and it all will be clear: PROOF "rape victims" are whores (CNN)

Quote:

sexually attractive girls dressed in bikinis don't really stand more chance of being raped at all.

:wacko:

True Sinner 03-06-2010 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cranky Old Man (Post 484055)
Rape is not about electricity you idiot, it is about sex! Just read this and it all will be clear: PROOF "rape victims" are whores (CNN)

:wacko:

First you have trivialised the issue with a bad attempt at humour, fair enough, I think you know what I mean by power. (Control over another)

Second, the concept of women crying rape on celebrities is nothing new, and certainly a half-assed magician getting played by a prostitute is hardly your average rape case never mind proof of why rape occurs.

I stand by my statement that appearance has little to do with likelihood of being raped.
Sure, you get the instances of drunken college kids who can't take no for an answer from a provocatively dressed girl, but this is not all that rape is about.

Cranky Old Man 03-06-2010 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Sinner (Post 484078)
the concept of women crying rape on celebrities is nothing new

I am glad we can agree on that.

Quote:

I stand by my statement that appearance has little to do with likelihood of being raped.
So according to you a good woman who is decently dressed is just as likely to be "raped" as a half naked slut?

Are you gay?

True Sinner 03-06-2010 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cranky Old Man (Post 484083)
So according to you a good woman who is decently dressed is just as likely to be "raped" as a half naked slut?

Are you gay?

Absolutely, I think I'm right in saying the most common form of rape is abuse within the family, this is nothing to do with sexual attraction... it is abuse of power and the motive of the abuser is a pathological lust for power and control over his victim... the sense of being more powerful than others.

Most rape cases outside of the home are carried out by mentally unstable, misgynistic men for the same reasons.

Rape for sexual motives does exist, but in the minority and usually confined to young men like my example earlier... the frat boy who gets a girl into the backseat and won't take no for an answer. Even that has undertones of misgynism and power.

Glad we actually do agree on something though, I suppose that is pretty rare! :D