The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   General Church Fellowship (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Debunking common myths about Christianity (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=2816)

Levi Jones 10-11-2010 11:16 PM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RomanKorvinus (Post 615693)
The ten Commandments! They say that we are not to be as humansit, yet the foundation of the ten cemmandments is of a humansit nature. No killing, no covanting, ect. Jesus was a humanist. Love others as I have loved you!

What is sort of claptrap about humanism is this? How is it humanist God demands for our worship of Him and Him alone?
Exodus 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

RomanK 10-13-2010 10:24 PM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
You stopped evolving when you thought you were right!

Levi Jones 10-13-2010 10:30 PM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RomanKorvinus (Post 617043)
You stopped evolving when you thought you were right!

I know I am right. I have God on my side.

Psalm 118
6The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?
7The LORD taketh my part with them that help me: therefore shall I see my desire upon them that hate me.
8It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.
9It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in princes.
10All nations compassed me about: but in the name of the LORD will I destroy them.

RomanK 10-13-2010 10:57 PM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
Well for starters thats a deadly sin, vanity. Point for me!

Bobby-Joe 10-13-2010 11:00 PM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RomanKorvinus (Post 617068)
Well for starters thats a deadly sin, vanity. Point for me!

Deadly sins are a Mary Worshiper invention. Minus one point for injecting paganism into Christianity.

RomanK 10-13-2010 11:08 PM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
then you better rewrite the bible just like Fancis Bacon did!!

Levi Jones 10-13-2010 11:55 PM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RomanKorvinus (Post 617078)
then you better rewrite the bible just like Fancis Bacon did!!

Chapter and verse that speaks about the "seven deadly sins?"

WWJDnow 10-14-2010 12:53 AM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RomanKorvinus (Post 615693)
The ten Commandments! They say that we are not to be as humansit, yet the foundation of the ten cemmandments is of a humansit nature. No killing, no covanting, ect. Jesus was a humanist. Love others as I have loved you!

So you're saying that humanists believe in keeping the Sabbath holy?

Here's something to think about.

Quote:

Pharisee: A group of jews who strictly follow the laws of Moses. Moses' law being the ten commandments.
The Pharisees were the sect of Judaism that believed that what some rabbi said was more important than what God said.

Quote:

Jesus had only one, why wasn't our very own saviors commandment added?
If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. John 15:10 (Jesus speaking)

Nevertheless, you raise an interesting point here. Jesus does tell us to love each other as He loved us in John 15:12. We at Landover agree. Jesus, for example, doomed people to suffer in Hell (Matthew 10:28), caused the annihilation of entire communities (Mark 6:11), called people vicious names (Matthew 12:34) and told people to reject their non-Christian families (Matthew 19:29). In Matthew 10:36, He told us that he had come not to send peace, but a sword. Well, we at Landover aren't here to send peace. We're weilding the sword that Jesus gave us.

Quote:

Even more so, if following the ten commandments is that of a Jew, which is essentially a Jewish custom, then doesn't that means those who follow the ten commandments are jews as well.
Uh, no. I follow many of the teachings of Sarah Palin, but that doesn't make me a member of the Alaska Independence Party, does it?

Quote:

So I guess your a false jew, as it says. Oddly enough if You are a Jew and are a Christian then I guess you have two masters, like christians do, Moses and Jesus.
Jews don't look to Moses as their master. They look to rabbis. We Christians don't look to Moses as a master, either; he was a great man and a prophet of the Lord, even if he was a Christ-killing Jew. So we respect Moses, and we are sorry that, since He did not accept Christ as his savior, Moses is burning in Hell right now.

Quote:

There's a fine line between good and evil, and I'll ba D/\mned is anyone knows where it is.
Everybody knows. All human beings became aware of the distinction between good and evil when Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit in the garden of Eden.

RomanK 10-15-2010 12:01 AM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
as far as the pharisee reply, nice how you avoided the concept of the ten commandments being what they followed.

As for that sword, it was a metaphorical sword of the Kabballah. Abrahams other religion, ever heard of it. Guess not.

False jews: nice deflection.

The Rabbi look to Moses! If Moses wasn't a master then you wouldn't be following the ten commandments.


7 dealy sins from a catholic website. http://www.catholicbible101.com/7deadlysins.htm

BelieverInGod 10-15-2010 02:06 AM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RomanK (Post 617770)
as far as the pharisee reply, nice how you avoided the concept of the ten commandments being what they followed.

Where in the Bible does it say that the "ten commandments" are more important than any other rules in the Bible? What is commonly called the "ten commandments" is nothing more than the first ten laws of Moses.

Quote:

As for that sword, it was a metaphorical sword of the Kabballah. Abrahams other religion, ever heard of it. Guess not.
Yeah, it's metaphoric. :rolleyes: please point out the scripture that mentions the Kabballah. As far as I can tell it's just some silly new age bull made popular by Madonna.

Quote:

False jews: nice deflection.
Prove differently
Quote:

The Rabbi look to Moses! If Moses wasn't a master then you wouldn't be following the ten commandments.
You don't get the point, do you. Anyway, you're the one that's deflecting answers. In fact you haven't answered one of our points. You having a temper tantrum screaming is so, IS SO, IS SO!!!!11!!1 is not proof.


Quote:

7 dealy sins from a catholic website. http://www.catholicbible101.com/7deadlysins.htm
Wait a minute, what did the good Brother say about the 7 deadly sins.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby-Joe (Post 617072)
Deadly sins are a Mary Worshiper invention. Minus one point for injecting paganism into Christianity.

Do we need to type more slowly for you to keep up?

Oh and as Pastor Jones pointed out.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Levi Jones (Post 615712)
What is sort of claptrap about humanism is this? How is it humanist God demands for our worship of Him and Him alone?
Exodus 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Let's look at the ten commandments shall we? Everyone turn to Exodus 20

3Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
Well that's definitely a Humanist point of view, isn't it. :sarcasm:

4Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. 5Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
Oh right, and having God punish your children to the third and fourth generation? That's humanist as well?

7Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
Well so far you're batting 0/3. Unless there's a reason humanists would care about blaspheming God.

8Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Wow, 0/4, you're doing really well here, aren't you :rofl:

12Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
Why would a humanist tell people to honor their father and mother? Especially if the parents were Christian, I doubt it would be so that God would give them a long life.

13Thou shalt not kill.
14Thou shalt not commit adultery.
15Thou shalt not steal.
16Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

I'll give you these 4, but they're mostly common sense. Although I don't think humanists are all that much against adultery or lying if "it's for the right reasons".


17Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.
Since when are humanists against coveting? I thought they claimed that coveting was what made the world go round.

So there you go 4/10 if I give you leeway, but according to you their based on humanist beliefs. Care to try and weasel your way out of this one?

WWJDnow 10-15-2010 06:19 AM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RomanK (Post 617770)
as far as the pharisee reply, nice how you avoided the concept of the ten commandments being what they followed.

That's just the point-the Pharisees reject God's commandments and substitute whatever crap the Rabbis make up.

Quote:

As for that sword, it was a metaphorical sword of the Kabballah. Abrahams other religion, ever heard of it. Guess not.
I know it's a metaphor. He wasn't literally born with a sword.

Quote:

False jews: nice deflection.
All Jews are false.

Quote:

The Rabbi look to Moses! If Moses wasn't a master then you wouldn't be following the ten commandments.
Moses wrote, but God dictated.

Quote:

7 dealy sins from a catholic website. http://www.catholicbible101.com/7deadlysins.htm
Who cares what Catholics believe? We're Christians, and they worship idols.

MitzaLizalor 10-15-2010 07:42 AM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by moabite (Post 140387)
If it calls for stoning children to death, hey, who are we to say it's wrong ?

If this is an example of Moabite ethics, I am an archeopteryx.

RomanK 10-15-2010 07:51 PM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
No gods before me, didn't jesus imply he was god! commandment broke

No graven image. Marbel wood or stone, and even dueteronomy it says the image of man as well. Basically every cross with and without Jesus. Commandment broke.

Work on the Sabbath. Jesus offered Pharisee bread, remember. Commandment broke.

Adultry. Stoning the woman. Jesus saved and forgave her. Basically breaking the commandment with acceptance.

False witness against neighbor. Jesus chose to stay in his cabin. He knew what was in their hearts, presented an opinion a witness within.

Murder, if it be in his heart. Jesus allowed himself to be killed, he wanted death or he would have fought. commandment broke.

Honor thy mother and father? What about those that will slay the father and rebuke the mother?

Gods name in vain. All things have gods name writting upon them. And if god provides all things then those things are all the creature and plants in creation. So tell me how many of these things did you have to kill for your comfort. Cause you took them all in vain for your sense of self importance.

I may be unorthadoxed, but i know god a h3ll of a lot better than you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZVOOntxFu8

BelieverInGod 10-15-2010 08:36 PM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
Who exactly do you think you're playing with, boy? We aren't just any fluffy bunny christian that you're going to mix up by throwing this stuff at us.

First of all, you claimed the 10 commandments were humanist, now your moving the goal posts? Please go back to your original statement and explain how they're humanist. Also please reference this Kaballa crap out of the KJV Bible, just because your dumb enough to follow Hellyweird trends, doesn't mean we are.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RomanK (Post 618251)
No gods before me, didn't jesus imply he was god! commandment broke

Jesus didn't imply anything, he openly stated it.
John 10:30 I and my Father are one.

Quote:

No graven image. Marbel wood or stone, and even dueteronomy it says the image of man as well. Basically every cross with and without Jesus. Commandment broke.
Back up the Deuteronomy scripture please. As for the crosses, we don't bow down and worship them. I have a stuffed bird over my mantel as well, are you going to claim I worship it? Although looking at it, it does need dusting.

Quote:

Work on the Sabbath. Jesus offered Pharisee bread, remember. Commandment broke.
Matthew 12:10-12 And, behold, there was a man which had his hand withered. And they asked him, saying, Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath days? that they might accuse him. And he said unto them, What man shall there be among you, that shall have one sheep, and if it fall into a pit on the sabbath day, will he not lay hold on it, and lift it out? How much then is a man better than a sheep? Wherefore it is lawful to do well on the sabbath days.

Mark 3:4 And he saith unto them, Is it lawful to do good on the sabbath days, or to do evil? to save life, or to kill? But they held their peace.

John 9:16 Therefore said some of the Pharisees, This man is not of God, because he keepeth not the sabbath day. Others said, How can a man that is a sinner do such miracles? And there was a division among them.

Quote:

Adultry. Stoning the woman. Jesus saved and forgave her. Basically breaking the commandment with acceptance.
The commandment is against committing adultery, how exactly is forgiving the woman a sin? Anyway, he told her to Go and sin no more.
John 8:11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Quote:

False witness against neighbor. Jesus chose to stay in his cabin. He knew what was in their hearts, presented an opinion a witness within.
Jesus had a cabin? Could you please point that out in the Bible?

Quote:

Murder, if it be in his heart. Jesus allowed himself to be killed, he wanted death or he would have fought. commandment broke.
Jesus committed murder by being the ultimate sacrifice? :huh:

Quote:

Honor thy mother and father? What about those that will slay the father and rebuke the mother?
What are you talking about? Do you suffer from an Oedipus complex? You realize that has nothing to do with the Bible, right?

Quote:

Gods name in vain. All things have gods name writting upon them. And if god provides all things then those things are all the creature and plants in creation. So tell me how many of these things did you have to kill for your comfort. Cause you took them all in vain for your sense of self importance.

I may be unorthadoxed, but i know god a h3ll of a lot better than you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZVOOntxFu8
Could you please point out the scripture that backs your statements up. All you've done is come on here and give us the ramblings of a mad man. Are you saying that killing a carrot is evil? Are you a breatharian?

You have no idea what you are talking about, I really doubt you've ever opened a Bible in your life. You're just another one of the demon possessed who come on here and tell us that your demon is really God talking to you personally.

2nd Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Deuteronomy 4:2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

Revelation 22:18-19 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

RomanK 10-16-2010 07:54 PM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
I didn't say forgiving the woman was a sin, however when most of the commandments are broke they have the single consequence of killing the accused. So in fact Jesus denied their customs. And in turn broke their commandment for the simple reason they were denied action.

No God before me, he openly stated it? And that changes what?

Mother and father! Yeah it is in the bible too. Luke 12 depending on the bible depens on the words. which reminds me since when does gods word need to be edited?

As for gods name written on all things, are you saying someone else created them? If you people can't take into account the environment around you then what good are you?

Levi Jones 10-17-2010 12:15 AM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RomanK (Post 618672)
I didn't say forgiving the woman was a sin, however when most of the commandments are broke they have the single consequence of killing the accused. So in fact Jesus denied their customs. And in turn broke their commandment for the simple reason they were denied action.

By not stoning one harlot? Boy, Jesus was God's only begotten Son. I think He can do whatever He wants to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RomanK (Post 618672)
No God before me, he openly stated it? And that changes what?

Jesus is God. If they are one, how can Jesus be holding Himself up higher than God?

Jesus also defers to the Father incarnation many times.

Mark 13:32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

Matthew 26:39
O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RomanK (Post 618672)
Mother and father! Yeah it is in the bible too. Luke 12 depending on the bible depens on the words. which reminds me since when does gods word need to be edited?

God wanted to include the rest of the world for Salvation. Everyone who wasn't born Jewish or didn't accidentally do all the right things before Jesus is burning in hell now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RomanK (Post 618672)
As for gods name written on all things, are you saying someone else created them? If you people can't take into account the environment around you then what good are you?

Roman, you seem to be on the right path to Salvation, but you need to come to the correct conclusions first. Stick with reading the Bible instead of all the things peripheral to it to disproving it.

Just sit down and actually read it again cover to cover. It will open your eyes.

handmaiden 10-17-2010 03:41 AM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RomanK (Post 618672)
I didn't say forgiving the woman was a sin, however when most of the commandments are broke they have the single consequence of killing the accused. So in fact Jesus denied their customs. And in turn broke their commandment for the simple reason they were denied action.

Jesus didn't "deny their customs". He saw through their subterfuge. They themselves were guilty of a few things that they didn't mention when they accused the woman of adultery. Jesus said that stuff about "he who is without sin" because He knew exactly which sins they were carrying in their pockets.

And when He let the woman go, He wasn't breaking any commandments. He forgave the woman, which He could do, because He was (and is) the sinless, perfect, Son of God. He already had the right to forgive sins as God, and as a sinless person, He could challenge all the others who were in sin. He made the decision to let the woman go, because He alone was judge, jury, executioner, and defense lawyer.

The woman got off because her lawyer made a deal with the judge to pay her sin penalty of death. The judge knew that the debt would be paid and that Jesus wouldn't skip out before the execution. Jesus made atonement for the sin that brought her to the attention of the Phoney-Baloney Pharisees, and told her not to do it again.

Case closed.


Judiciously Yours,

Handmaiden

MitzaLizalor 10-17-2010 01:06 PM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BelieverInGod
We aren't just any fluffy bunny christian that you're going to mix up by throwing this stuff at us.

First of all, you claimed the 10 commandments were humanist, now your moving the goal posts? Please go back to your original statement and explain how they're humanist.

It is interesting how few of the 10 Commandments are represented in humanist "conscience vote" secular laws. At last count it was THREE and reducing. But I am subject to correction, and it might vary slightly between countries (but I doubt it).

RomanK 10-18-2010 11:43 PM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
The breaking of most commandments result in death, especially adultry. What part of this don't you understand. Did they killer her, no they didn't. Was law upheald no it wasn't. Was the teachings of the elder pharisee thwarted, yes it was. Was disrespecting the Pharisees considered a bad thing. Yes. Did they kill Jesus for it in the end yes they did.

Sin, we are all sinners, no matter what.

If Jesus was God, then they killed a God, which is a contradiction to the defintion of a God.

I don't believe people go to hell, no more than I believe in a heaven after death. If Heaven isn't within while I am alive then I have no need of one when I am dead.

Luke 17:20-21 (King James Version)


20And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: 21Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

What part of this happens when your dead?

RomanK 10-22-2010 01:22 AM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
What no reply, I show where it says heaven is supposed to be within and you all disappear. :thumbdown:


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:22 AM.

Powered by Jesus - vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Landover Baptist Forums 1620, 2018 all rights reserved