The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   General Church Fellowship (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Debunking common myths about Christianity (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=2816)

SalvationSeeker 04-08-2007 05:51 PM

Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
1. "Jesus was all about peace."
This is a common false teaching with no Biblical base.
Jesus Himself tells us, in a way that cannot be misunderstood, that we are not to believe it:

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth:
I came not to send peace, but a sword.
Matthew 10:34

And how could anyone forget Exodus 15:3?
The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.
Exodus 15:3


2. "Jesus loves everyone."
WRONG! The Holy Bible tells us that God hate sinners.
And hate is the opposite of love, wouldn't you agree?

The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.
Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the LORD will abhor the bloody and deceitful man.
Psalm 5:5-6

The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence His soul hateth.
Psalm 11:5

And as seen above, He hate the sinners themselves, not just their evil works.
God draws no difference between works and person, as everyone will be judged and rewarded according to their works:

For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.
Matthew 16:27

And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God;
And the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life:
And the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Revelation 20:12


3. "Christians aren't allowed to judge anyone."
Incorrect.
Instead, the Holy Bible actually COMMANDS us to judge, as long as we judge according to, and in, righteousness.

But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
1 Corinthians 2:15

Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment:
Thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honor the person of the mighty:
But in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.
Leviticus 19:15


4. "Christians hate you if they rebuke you."
No, we don't! We are actually the only ones to love you enough to try and SAVE you!
We are the only ones who care enough about your worthless hide to bother and help you avoid hell.
Jesus Saves! And we urge you to accept Him before you die, as it will Save you from eternal hellfire.
True love is defined by God in the Holy KJV1611 Bible:

By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
1 John 5:2-3

Truly, God knows what's best for His own creations; to accept Jesus and all His commandments, rather than burn in hell.
We carry all of His commandments out, and we love Him, thus we love you; the unsaved trash, just as we try to Save you.
We may show you tough love.. We'll rebuke you, and chasten you. But we do it BECAUSE we love you.
Very much like God Himself:

Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty:
For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole.
Job 5:17-18

Blessed is the man whom thou chastenest, O LORD, and teachest him out of thy law;
Psalm 94:12

My son, despise not the chastening of the LORD; neither be weary of his correction:
For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.
Proverbs 3:11-12

For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
Hebrews 12:6

As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
Revelation 3:19

So rebuking and chastening is the will of God, just as we are commanded to rebuke.

Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.
Leviticus 19:17

Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine;
But after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
2 Timothy 4:2-4

^ This (2 Timothy 4:3-4) is what we see happening today:
The love of God and His commandments is gone, and thus, the love of His creation:
People are being led towards eternal hellfire by feelgood preachers teaching pretty lies to "spare feelings."
Fags are being married in false churches! Women try to act like teachers!
Alll forbidden by God in His sound doctrine, His eternal truth, His Word; the Holy KJV1611 Bible.

It is as the Holy KJV1611 Bible, the Word of God says:
It is better to hear the rebuke of the wise, than for a man to hear the song of fools.
For as the crackling of thorns under a pot, so is the laughter of the fool: this also is vanity.
Ecclesiastes 7:5-6

AM I THEREFORE BECOME YOUR ENEMY, BECAUSE I TELL YOU THE TRUTH?
Galatians 4:16


5. "Jesus did away with the Old Testament law."
Not true in any way.
Jesus Himself denies it on several occasions.

And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
He said unto him, What is written in the law? How readest thou?
Luke 10:25-26

And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God:
But if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
Matthew 19:17

And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
1 John 2:3-4

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Matthew 5:17-18

And so, when will heaven and earth pass, and all be fulfilled?
REVELATION, CHAPTER 21!

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people,
And God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes;
And there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
Revelation 21:1-6

Some will tell you that by being the fullfillment of the law, Jesus removes it (i.e destroys it) not only is this contradicted by the verse itself.
But also because sin is the transgression of the law!
Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
1 John 3:4

^ So without law; there could be no sin!
But there is sin, and as the Holy scriptures say:

What then? Shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
Romans 6:15

Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
1 John 3:6

Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as He is righteous.
1 John 3:7

For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
Romans 2:13


6. "You need only believe in Jesus to get into heaven."
This is true, but very misunderstood.
True faith ALWAYS carry works, so if your faith is true, works will ALWAYS follow.
Works without faith however, cannot save you anymore than faith without works!

Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
Yea, a man may say,
Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
James 2:17-20

So if your faith lack works, your faith is dead, and you have the faith of a devil;
You know of God, but you do not follow Him. And it will do you no more good than it does a devil.
Your reward will be eternal hellfire.

And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
Luke 6:46

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven;
But he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Matthew 7:21

For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
Romans 2:13


7. "You don't need to believe everything in the Bible."
Absolutely wrong, Jesus tells us that's EXACTLY what we must do!
We must believe EVERY little word: all of the Holy Bible, 100% of it!
It is as important for your Salvation, as eating food is to sustain your life.

But he answered and said, It is written,
Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
Matthew 4:4

And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know;
That he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live.
Deuteronomy 8:3

If you don't believe in every word, it is like not beliving in a part of Jesus Himself, for Jesus is the Word made flesh!

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:1

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,
(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
John 1:14


8. "Jesus will forgive every single one of your sins if you repent."
This is an unbiblical lie straight from the pits of hell! The Holy Bible tells us that there is a sin which is never forgiven.
But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.
Mark 3:29


9. "Babies always go to Heaven if they die."
This is unbiblical crybaby nonsense that has no scriptural support whatsoever.
For nobody is innocent, clean, pure, or sinfree in God's eyes by their own accord:

How then can man be justified with God? Or how can he be clean that is born of a woman?
Job 25:4

And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good?
There is none good but one, that is, God.
Mark 10:18

Babies can be wicked, and most wicked were BORN wicked. This is a Biblical fact.
The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies.
Psalm 58:3

As is the fact that everyone (that includes babies) who doesn't accept Jesus Christ as Lord and personal Saviour, will perish!
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16

Wash O'Hanley 04-08-2007 06:56 PM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
Praise HIM and this glorious post that you have made on the most holiest of holidays.

Pastor Ezekiel 04-09-2007 04:30 AM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
Glory! Amen and doubleplus Amen! Let us preserve this thread for posterity, that the multitude of vile sinners, heathens, God-mockers and joos who infest our forum, that they may find the love of Jesus quickly.

Christ was tortured, suffered and temporarily died for the Salvation© of those who worship him.

Pastor Isaac Peters 04-10-2007 11:27 PM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
Myth: God wants us to be tolerant.

We hear this lie from the pit of hell so often, and it's so plainly anti-Scriptural, that it has its own thread.

SedoAnteaProcella 12-06-2007 08:29 PM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
What about the ten commandments? I would be more for christianity if it wern't a slave religion, and more of a militant one (especially after reading things I really feel it predicted), but the ten commandments seem to sound like it's trying to make people suckers.

I believe it's ok to do anything I want (to people who aren't like me) but to preserve myself first, and then my own kind.

Pastor Ezekiel 12-06-2007 11:23 PM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SedoAnteaProcella (Post 115556)
What about the ten commandments? I would be more for christianity if it wern't a slave religion, and more of a militant one (especially after reading things I really feel it predicted), but the ten commandments seem to sound like it's trying to make people suckers.

I believe it's ok to do anything I want (to people who aren't like me) but to preserve myself first, and then my own kind.

Then you are a satanist, and thus hellbound.

Sanctus 12-07-2007 12:50 AM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
1. "Jesus was all about peace."
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God.
Matthew 5:9

Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.
Psalms 34:14

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6

2. "Jesus loves everyone."

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
I John 4:7-8

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16

This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.

I John 4:9-11

Notice that he loved us before we loved him. If God only loved the saved, he would never have sacrificed his Son- before the death of Jesus, we were all sinners.


8. "Jesus will forgive every single one of your sins if you repent."
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
I John 1:9

And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
Colossians 2:13

There are many myths about Christianity, and the verses you presented do a good job of disproving them. But, according to the scriptures, these 3 topics are not myths, but the Word of God.
So, which Bible verses do we believe?

Pastor Ezekiel 12-07-2007 12:56 AM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
Obviously you should follow EVERY verse in the Holy Bible, not just a few taken out of context like you are doing.

And by the way, did you know that God hates a liar? Why do you keep trying to sneak back in here, when you are underage?

Peacely 12-07-2007 12:59 AM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
Hello;)

Pastor Ezekiel 12-07-2007 01:08 AM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Peacely (Post 115683)
Hello;)

Please say your "hello's" in the Introductions thread. Feel free to introduce yourself there. One word posts are frowned upon.

Sanctus 12-07-2007 01:43 AM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 115680)
Obviously you should follow EVERY verse in the Holy Bible, not just a few taken out of context like you are doing.

Could I not say the same to you? What are the verses listed above but a few verses, no more or less out of context than mine are?

But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. (Luke 6: 26-27)

Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. (Romans 12:14)

I'm not trying to attack Landover, and I apologize if that's the tone that's coming across. I'm trying to start a serious discussion. How can one verse saying that God hates sinners and another saying that he loves all people both be true? How can I accept that blasphemy is unforgiveable and that all sins will be forgiven?

If I'm misinterpreting the verses I'm quoting, please tell me where I'm wrong. But please don't just dismiss me with a condemnation.

SalvationSeeker 12-14-2007 11:23 AM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanctus (Post 115677)
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God.
Matthew 5:9

Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.
Psalms 34:14
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6

And we ARE peacemakers and we DO seek peace. And just like our glorious hand-picked-by-God-president, the honorable George W Bush, has realized:
We too know the best way to attain peace is to slaughter everyone who may cause trouble. :thumbsup:

Quote:

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
I John 4:7-8
God is love and MORE. God is more than ONE thing, friend.
And we do love, we love our brothers and sisters.. Even you infact. -
Really, why do you think we try to save you from hell? :glare:
It's cause we love you, even though you are a disgusting scumbag.

Quote:

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16
"The world" doesn't equal everyone and everything in it, I suggest you read the Holy Bible more..
Try reading verses in context sometimes?

Quote:

This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.
Quote:

I John 4:9-11
This verse applies to us True Christians only.
For it says "since God so loved us" and since God hates sinners (Psalm 5:5) it means those who are sinfree.
And who's sinfree? True Christians like us. (1 John 3:6)
And it says that we True Christians are to love one another. And we do.

Quote:

Notice that he loved us before we loved him. If God only loved the saved, he would never have sacrificed his Son- before the death of Jesus, we were all sinners.
You forget that God knows all things, and thus knew who would repent and love Him IN ADVANCE.
Thus, God died for those who would become Saved.
To think otherwise is to blaspheme His omnipotence. :angry:

Quote:

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
I John 1:9

And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
Colossians 2:13
Yes, all sins except one.

Quote:

There are many myths about Christianity, and the verses you presented do a good job of disproving them. But, according to the scriptures, these 3 topics are not myths, but the Word of God.
So, which Bible verses do we believe?
I believe the entire Bible, 100%.
And unlike you.. I'm not in the habit of taking verses out of context. :glare:

SalvationSeeker 12-14-2007 11:33 AM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanctus (Post 115700)
But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. (Luke 6: 26-27)

Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. (Romans 12:14)

The reasons for this behavior can be summed up by these verses:

If thine enemy be hungry, give him bread to eat; and if he be thirsty, give him water to drink:
For thou shalt heap coals of fire upon his head, and the LORD shall reward thee.
Proverbs 25:21-22

Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Matthew 5:11

Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink:
For in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
Romans 12:20

When you curse us and persecute us, you really bless us.
So we bless you right back, and heap some coals of fire on your head while at it.
Praise Jesus!

I will pray for your poor soul.
May God bless you.

Sanctus 12-27-2007 04:22 AM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
Salvation Seeker, I'm very curious as to how you translate "all" to mean "all sins but one." You make good points elsewhere in your post, and I'm thinking about them, but I don't see how all can mean all but one. All is not an ambiguous word.

SalvationSeeker 12-27-2007 11:08 AM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanctus (Post 121876)
Salvation Seeker, I'm very curious as to how you translate "all" to mean "all sins but one." You make good points elsewhere in your post, and I'm thinking about them, but I don't see how all can mean all but one. All is not an ambiguous word.

Because that's what the Bible says.
So one could indeed say that God forgives all sins, except one. (See verse below)

Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:
But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.
Mark 3:28-29

Maybe I should rather call it an unforgivable blasphemy or such;
But it's obviously an exception to a rule. (That God forgives all sin.)
(And exceptions to rules aren't unheard of, now are they?)
Thus: God forgives all sins, except one.

Ezekiel Bathfire 01-14-2008 09:51 PM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
<Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:
But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.
Mark 3:28-29>

Brother Salvation Seeker,

It appears to my untutored eye that in his Holy Word, Jesus Christ is here differentiating between sins and blasphemies:- “All sins … and blasphemies” - the two are separate.

Blasphemies, I suppose, are dealt with as per Rev:21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”

Sins are forgiven and blasphemies are mostly not.

I regret that Sanctus is now eternally damned having not only persisted in his blasphemies but also having rejected sage counsel, by refusing to accept The True Word™ of God.

snowblind 01-30-2008 02:41 AM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Isaac Peters (Post 56576)
Myth: God wants us to be tolerant.

We hear this lie from the pit of hell so often, and it's so plainly anti-Scriptural, that it has its own thread.

WIth comments like that you would be better versed from this group of rules!!


The Nine Satanic Statements
from The Satanic Bible, ©1969
by Anton Szandor LaVey

1. Satan !
2. Satan !
3. Satan !
4. Satan !
5. Satan !
6. Satan !
7. Satan !
8. Satan !
9. Satan !


Stu

Pastor Ezekiel 01-30-2008 12:39 PM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
Don't you ever do that again, heathen. This is a CHRISTIAN forum, not a place for you to post evilness for innocent Christians to see.

By the way, did you know that your buddy Anton LaVey was actually a hook-nosed joo who died penniless and insane?

Try that again and you'll get tossed into Quarantine, with the other demon pipsqueaks who thought they could strike fear into the hearts of True Christians™. :angry:

moabite 02-08-2008 07:17 PM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
If it calls for stoning children to death, hey, who are we to say it's wrong ?

Ezekiel Bathfire 02-08-2008 10:51 PM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by moabite (Post 140387)
If it calls for stoning children to death, hey, who are we to say it's wrong ?

I like the cut of your jib Moabite! It is clear you are getting to grips with the Bible – I hope it’s KJV and not some reconstructed, lefty-lieberal version filled with political correctness though. So many evil men have interfered with the word of the Almighty, The Lord God of Hosts, for their own iniquitous ends.

So many False Christians baulk at such prophecies and histories as

2Ki:8:12: And Hazael said, Why weepeth my lord? And he answered, Because I know the evil that thou wilt do unto the children of Israel: their strong holds wilt thou set on fire, and their young men wilt thou slay with the sword, and wilt dash their children, and rip up their women with child.

Or


Ho:13:16: Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up.

Yet without this bloodline, Christ the Saviour might not have come and fulfilled the prophecies and died temporarily for our sins (which are many and grievous.)

God may call on us to perform such heroic deeds again, and we should be prepared to carry them out to the letter, as for example, in Iraq.

Nobar King 03-15-2008 05:14 PM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
Here is an article that is making the rounds of the internet. Some fool with a crazy name (is he Basque?) put together the usual retard arguments against Christianity and has the nerve to publish it online. Don't bother to read it all, I only posted it so people would be aware that this kind of rubbish is out there:

Quote:

The Final Debunking Of Christianity


By DARILAC SEMARGO-BLOBI

If you listen to Christians in the United States you might come away with the impression that they're a persecuted lot. They'll point to things like the opposition to the displaying of the Ten Commandments in public buildings, the opposition to prayer in public schools, and attempts by others to remove references to God from our currency, etc... However, if you take a close look at the real picture what you'll see is that it's really the other way around. It's the Christians who go around trying to persecute everyone else all the time.


The fact is it's the Christians who are always using the written text in the Bible, or their interpretation of it, to lash out at everyone else all the time. It is they who are always waging a war against gays. It is they who are always waging a war against people who are pro-abortion. It is they who are always waging a war against what our kids are taught, or aren't taught, in school - evolution, for instance. It is they who are always waging a war against gay marriage. And on and on...


I don't have anything against people worshiping Christianity. If the Christians would just go off amongst themselves and worship amongst themselves and mind their own business there would be no problem. But, unfortunately, that just simply is not the reality.


In recent years the Christians have taken to reminding us that the United States was founded by Christians. I interpret that to mean that they think that that gives them the right to force their ways down everyone else's throat. The Christians have also made it crystal clear that they even want to control the government in this country. They continuously threaten to withhold their support from political candidates who don't conform to their agenda. They give all the appearances of wanting to turn the United States into a Christian theocracy, a religious state. Some have even stated as much on record.


Well, my thinking is that if the Christians are always trying to force their ways on everyone else all the time, it's only fair that we take a close look at just exactly what the foundations are that their beliefs are based on. As much right as the Christians have to make claims about their faith, others have just as much right to question those claims. Although I can't go over all the issues that I have with it here, what follows is my take on Christianity.


Christianity's roots go back to a period of time when people weren't as enlightened as we are today. They go back to a time when people didn't understand things like why it rained, why the wind blew, why the sun came up, and even why people got sick, etc... The only explanation that those people could come up with was that there must've been some supreme being who was responsible for all of the things that they witnessed in the natural world, including life itself. It was that mentality that spawned the god that the Christians worship.


I'm not faulting the ancients for that mentality; it takes the human race time to acquire knowledge.


The ancients struggled with establishing rules and laws for governing human behavior. To try to generate some semblance of stability, they cooked up a list of what they thought were the most important areas of concern regarding human behavior that needed to be addressed. To try to give the list the image of higher authority, they made it appear to have originated from that supreme being I mentioned and not ordinary men. We know that list to be the Ten Commandments.


Here again, I'm not faulting the ancients for that mentality; it takes time for the human race to establish some semblance of law and order.


Christianity is based on the premise that an individual named Jesus Christ was the son of that same supreme being that the ancients believed in, the being the Christians refer to as God. I intend to demonstrate with relative ease how Christianity's foundations have all the stability of a house of cards.


Everything that we know about Jesus Christ is based strictly and entirely on hearsay. So right off the bat there's a credibility problem there - see how far hearsay evidence would get you in a court of law. However, if what the Christians say about their god and Jesus Christ is correct, there are certain things that one would reasonably expect to observe when one looks back in time.


The first issue that I have with Christianity is if Jesus Christ was the son of God then why didn't he tell the people during his time that the Earth was round and that it orbited the sun? It isn't unreasonable to expect that the son of the being who supposedly created the solar system would have known that. Why didn't Jesus tell people that there were huge continents on the other side of the planet that were inhabited by tens of thousands of people? Why didn't Jesus tell his followers about the things that make people sick? Wasn't healing supposed to be one of his things? Well, why didn't he tell people about viruses and bacteria? The reason, of course, is because Jesus obviously knew little about the natural world.


I'm sorry, folks, but that would've been a complete and total impossibility for someone who was really the son of the Creator. And to drive that point home even further, keep in mind that Christian scholars even claim that, according to certain passages in the Bible, Jesus and God were actually one in the same. God was Jesus. Jesus was God. The bottom line is that there's certain things that Jesus Christ should've known if he was really who the Christians say he was, but he didn't.


And there can be no question that Jesus' followers would've had all kinds of questions for him about the natural world, too. One would reasonably expect his teachings to be laced with an in-depth knowledge of nature, but where is it? Name one thing that we learned about the natural world or the solar system that we can attribute to coming from Jesus Christ. I mean, if he had just told people what the moon was doing up there I might be able to stretch my imagination a little bit. But the plain and simple truth is the so-called son of God didn't even know that the Earth was round. The reason, of course, is because Jesus was just an ordinary person, just like everyone else.


And that isn't the only thing about Jesus Christ that appears to fly in the face of what one would reasonably expect to observe from someone who was supposed to be the son of the Creator.


This might be open to debate, but I don't believe that it's possible for anyone to be the son of a being who supposedly had the capabilities that the Christians claim their god had without every mortal human being who comes in contact with him not instantly being overwhelmed by awe. I would have to believe that even people who came in contact with Jesus who didn't believe he was the son of God would've still been lit up. Irrespective of the Bible, those people would've wrote something like: "OK, we don't believe he's the son of God, but boy will he knock your socks off other ways." But we know that that just simply was not the case.


Outside of his inner circle, the Jews who came in contact with Jesus didn't believe he was the son of God. And I guarantee you that if they had they never would've been able to bring themselves to crucify him at the behest of the Romans. In fact, to this day some 2000 years after the fact, with the exception of the Messianic variety, the Jews still don't believe Jesus was the son of God. And apparently the Romans who came in contact with Jesus didn't believe he was the son of God, either. In fact, to them he was just some sort of rebel who had become such a nuisance that they had him crucified. But if Jesus had really been the son of God, the Romans would've been too overwhelmed by awe to have had him crucified. A more believable reaction would've been for them to bring him back to Rome and give him a parade worthy of a god.


People just need to use a little common sense here. There are certain events or reactions that an intelligent person would reasonably expect to see if the claims that the Christians make about their god and his son were true. The fact that there was apparently a very significant number of people who came in contact with Jesus who were not awestruck is more proof that he was just an ordinary person.


The next issue that I have with Christianity is why that place, that time and that method? If there was a god who created the universe and all life and that god wanted to send a message to the human race why choose a time when people still believed that the Earth was flat, when there wasn't any mass communications, and when people still rode camels to get around? When you throw in the language barriers that God's messenger would've encountered outside the region of contact, the method chosen seems to be a pretty poor choice for getting the job done. That would explain why to this day some 2000 years after the fact there's billions upon billions of people on this planet who still haven't gotten the message - in particular, Hindus, Muslims, and Buddhists.


Pretty poor effort for a being who was supposed to have the capabilities that the Christians claim their god had. On the one hand he was supposed to have created the universe and all life, but on the other, when it came to being able to get a message across to the humans he was supposed to have created, the best he could do was to resort to a method that had zero chance of reaching everyone on the planet at that time, and even to this day.


That point in and of itself shoots down the credibility of the Christian god. I don't subscribe to the notion that a being could create the universe, create life, know everything there is to know about every human being, heal all the people he's attributed to healing, cast judgment on everyone when they die, do all that but only have relatively feeble capabilities when it comes to getting his message across to everyone on the planet at the same time. It just simply flies in the face of the capabilities that the Christians claim their god had.


If there is a god that has the capabilities that the Christians claim their god has and is as concerned about people as the Christians claim theirs is, we wouldn't have to rely on hearsay accounts of that god's existence that are thousands of years old. That god would, and could, make himself known in the here and now, in realtime, for everyone on the planet to see with their own eyes. Any god that can't do that will never have any credibility with me, nor will any religion that happens to be based on that god. The only evidence for the Christian god is supposedly people who thousands of years ago supposedly heard a voice.


Another issue regarding Christianity concerns what the Christians say happens after a person dies. According to them, after a person dies he or she is then judged by the Christian god to determine what their fate will be. Oh? I hope the Christian god has a lot of free time... he's going to need it.


In 2007 alone, the U.S. Census Bureau estimated that the total number of people who would die around the world that year would be equal to approximately 55,238,376 people. That breaks down to 151,338 a day, 6305 an hour, or 105 people a minute. To keep up with that rate of death God would literally have to cast judgment at a rate of almost two people per second. That would give God just .57 seconds to judge someone before having to move on to the next person. And because people don't stop dying, God would have to maintain that rate around the clock, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Is this starting to sound just a wee bit on the absurd side to you?


And keep in mind, at the same time God is supposedly casting judgment on people as they die, he's also supposedly doing all the other things the Christians claim he does such as healing people, watching out for people, memorizing everything that every person on the planet has done every minute of their life, etc...


(Insert joke here)


God must've had a particularly busy day back in December of 2004 when a powerful earthquake shook the Indian Ocean resulting in a massive tsunami that killed over 200,000 people in one day. That would've been on top of the 150,000 people around the world who might've died that day under normal circumstances. To keep up with the load that day God would've had all of a quarter of a second to judge a person before moving on to the next - and that would include travel time!


(Insert joke here)


Not only that, if what the Christians believe is true, because the vast majority of the people killed by the 2004 tsunami worshipped faiths other than Christianity, God would've just stepped in and sent those people on to hell. Boy, what a bad day those people must've had. First they lose their lives in a wall of water thirty feet high and then God comes along and says, "Oh, yeah, and by the way, Sucker, you're going to go to hell now, too."


(Insert joke here)


(That deserves two jokes)


I'm sorry but I cannot accept nor will I accept that a being could create the universe and all life and then have nothing better to do then to spend every second of the day, 365 days a year, just sitting back and waiting for people to die so that he can then step in and determine whether they've been good little Christians or not. If the Christians want to believe that that's fine. Just don't try to ram it down my throat.


And then there's the "hocus-pocus" syndrome. Despite the fact that you can point a telescope at the sky on any given night and see how stars and planets are born over time, the Christians prefer to believe that God waved his magic wand and went "hocus-pocus" and puff an Earth appeared.


And then there's the little red guy sprouting horns and a tail and carrying a pitch fork who the Christians refer to as the Devil. You know, the little guy who supposedly runs around trying to whiz in everyone's cornflakes all the time. One thing that the Christian god and the Devil have in common is that no one has ever seen either one of them. You just have to assume that they're there.


And then there's the matter of the dinosaurs. According to the biblical account of creation, humans and dinosaurs would've been created on the same day. What that would mean would be that at some point in time throughout human history, human beings and dinosaurs would have had to have coexisted with each other. Some Christians grasp at straws by pointing to disputed fossils in Texas that appear to show what look like human footprints alongside dinosaur tracks. But if dinosaurs and humans had ever coexisted no one would have to grasp at straws to prove it. Humans are meticulous record keepers. Even before there was written text people drew pictures to convey messages. In particular, prehistoric humans drew pictures on the walls of caves of the animals that they coexisted with. You won't find any pictures of dinosaurs.


In fact, if the biblical account of creation was true then dinosaurs might still be walking the Earth today because Noah would've tossed them on the Ark with him, right? And one could even argue that, if the biblical account was true, humans never could've existed beyond Adam and Eve and their immediate offspring because they almost certainly would've been eaten by dinosaurs. I can see T-Rex foaming at the mouth now!


It's just another question that confronts anyone scrutinizing the foundations of Christianity. In fact, it seems that everywhere one turns when it comes to Christianity they're confronted with more questions but little in the form of answers. The question is how many questions does there have to be before any intelligent person just writes it off for what it really is - fairy tale!


Scientists have already determined that based on what we know about the solar system and life, events as depicted in the 7 days of creation in the book of Genesis were a complete and total impossibility. And if that part of the Bible doesn't have any credibility then how does anyone attach any to anything that comes after it? I most certainly don't.


The thing that amazes me about Christianity is that some 2000 years after the fact people still believe this stuff. I can thoroughly understand how ancient civilizations became entrenched with that mentality. But now, still?


In conclusion I'm not going to mince any words here. At the risk of offending a lot of people, I'll state right up front that the foundations that Christianity is based on are sheer myth and sheer fantasy. The observable facts fly in the face of the claims. Anyone who really believes deep down in their mind that Jesus Christ was the son of God is delusional. Anyone who really believes the claims that the Christians make about their god is delusional. Anyone who believes in a little red guy sprouting horns and a tail and carrying a pitch fork is also delusional. And if Christians try to lay that guilt trip on you that Jesus died on the cross for you so that you could go to heaven, believe that only if you believe that the Christian god can judge people at a rate of almost two people per second, or greater, and maintain that rate for 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.


I don't expect Christianity to go the way of the dinosaur anytime soon. There appears to be a natural human desire to want to believe that there's some sort of supreme being looking over your shoulder keeping an eye out for you. Religion fills that void; it's a crutch for some people. There's also a lot of people making a lot of money off Christianity. It's in reality just like a business or enterprise. As long as there's a buck to be made from it there'll be people who are going to pitch it. And as long as there's people who are willing to throw their hard-earned dollars at them, there's no telling how long it will go on.


One thing that I would like to see enacted is a worldwide ban on subjecting children to religious propaganda of any and all kind. Let people grow up free of religious brainwashing. After they become adults if they decide at that point in time that they want to become delusional then that's their prerogative.
These are obvioulsy just the insane rantings of some lowly anti-Christian.

Freidenker 03-22-2008 08:26 PM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 56041)
Amen and doubleplus Amen!

Obviously, you like George Orwell's Newspeak.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 56041)
Let us preserve this thread for posterity, that the multitude of vile sinners, heathens, God-mockers and joos who infest our forum, that they may find the love of Jesus quickly.

Obviously, you like Jews, too... :sarcasm:

Heil Ezekiel!
(Heil means - With best wishes)

coffee_and_tv 03-25-2008 10:49 AM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Freidenker (Post 162967)
Obviously, you like George Orwell's Newspeak.

George Orwell, huh? Wasn't he *shock* a... SOCIALIST!?!??!

Hardly the religious fanatic a man like "Pastor Ezekiel" should be such a fan of..

Don the Baptist 03-25-2008 07:40 PM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by coffee_and_tv (Post 164400)
George Orwell, huh? Wasn't he *shock* a... SOCIALIST!?!??!

Hardly the religious fanatic a man like "Pastor Ezekiel" should be such a fan of..

Not a very wise move to question the judgment of THE pastor like that you knucklehead unregenerate sinner.

Ahimaaz Smith 04-02-2008 12:57 AM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by coffee_and_tv (Post 164400)
George Orwell, huh? Wasn't he *shock* a... SOCIALIST!?!??!

Hardly the religious fanatic a man like "Pastor Ezekiel" should be such a fan of..

In what way is using Newspeak a sign of admiration for Orwell? Have you bothered to read 1984 before opening your trap about it in our forums? Orwell was against Newspeak. God, of course, was for it, since he invented it, along with other languages, to keep the ancients from building a tower that would reach all the way up to heaven.

Jim Boob 04-14-2008 05:27 PM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
Lets just take a moment and really think about this guys, and I mean really think.
I don't want to come on your forum and through a load of abuse your way, I'm far too intelligent for that, and I daresay you guys have heard it all before.
However, in the interest of my curiosity, do you really believe that you don't have to a) worry about climate change, and b) think for yourselves, beyond the basic survival thoughts of feeding, clothing and housing yourselves.

My point being that for some reason human kind has the gift of thought, beyond all other animals on this planet and from what I can gather you believe that we should shun this massive gift and put all faith in an unseen, unheard character from a poorly articulated novel written hundreds of years ago. Does this mean that in 2000 years time we will all be worshipping Henry Chinaski, or Winston Smith?
As you can gather I have been raised, not as an aethist rather just without religion, therefore it is very curious and a bit worrying to read such fervant views from people when inspite of all your talk, you can never be 100 percent sure that your god actually exists.

Please don't be offended, I am genuinely interested to hear your responses, but intelligent responses, I am looking for educated points. I don't need to be preached at.

Cheers and have a good day

Deaner 04-14-2008 05:42 PM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bob (Post 172650)
you can never be 100 percent sure that your god actually exists.

Listen, I know you're not looking for a fight but sometimes I just get peeved at people. If God did not exist 100% why would there be an entire book written about Him?

Jim Boob 04-14-2008 06:49 PM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
Deaner, do you believe in Snow white, Cinderella or the BFG? Just because it is in a book doesn't make it fact. Come on I said educated responses, if your not going to take my query seriously how can I, or anybody, ever learn anything about what you guys are espousing?

Pastor Ezekiel 04-15-2008 03:51 AM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bob (Post 172704)
Deaner, do you believe in Snow white, Cinderella or the BFG? Just because it is in a book doesn't make it fact. Come on I said educated responses, if your not going to take my query seriously how can I, or anybody, ever learn anything about what you guys are espousing?

We are here to praise Jesus. If you would like to know more about Landover Baptist Chruch then I suggest you start off by reading THIS post, and THIS one.

That, plus the Holy Bible.

Then, if you have any specific questions, you can make your own thread in the "Landover Help" section. :thumbsup:

InYourDreams 05-07-2008 08:15 AM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ezekiel Bathfire (Post 140551)
I like the cut of your jib Moabite! It is clear you are getting to grips with the Bible – I hope it’s KJV and not some reconstructed, lefty-lieberal version filled with political correctness though. So many evil men have interfered with the word of the Almighty, The Lord God of Hosts, for their own iniquitous ends.

So many False Christians baulk at such prophecies and histories as

2Ki:8:12: And Hazael said, Why weepeth my lord? And he answered, Because I know the evil that thou wilt do unto the children of Israel: their strong holds wilt thou set on fire, and their young men wilt thou slay with the sword, and wilt dash their children, and rip up their women with child.

Or


Ho:13:16: Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up.

Yet without this bloodline, Christ the Saviour might not have come and fulfilled the prophecies and died temporarily for our sins (which are many and grievous.)

God may call on us to perform such heroic deeds again, and we should be prepared to carry them out to the letter, as for example, in Iraq.


I'd like to point out that in 2Kings 8, it is very clear by reading more that Hazael was not speaking to Jesus, and that the man in fact who said these words to her was named Elisha. Also, he was clearly ashamed of the deeds Hazael would commit, and clearly calls it evil, should you read the chapter, rather than just quoting verses out of context.

David(idiot) 05-19-2008 06:43 PM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
ok i have read both major editions of the bible...four times king james...six times sj and i have to tell you something......all of you. im not here to shout abuse although i redily could...but i have read all the replys well a lot of them and i got to say ive never met more hateful and judgemental people before in my whole life....please people your god tells you to not pass judgement and to believe in your brother man......if ur a "true christian" then bite back all those degenerate responses to people who ar probably ten times smarter than you......your close mindedness is turning america into a back country society....its time to move on with society...open your box like heads for once.....and did you know kj murdered over three hundred people for almost no reason?thats a good reason to read his translated book right

Bobby-Joe 05-19-2008 06:46 PM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by David(atheist) (Post 190335)
ok i have read both major editions of the bible...four times king james...six times sj and i have to tell you something......all of you. im not here to shout abuse although i redily could...but i have read all the replys well a lot of them and i got to say ive never met more hateful and judgemental people before in my whole life....please people your god tells you to not pass judgement and to believe in your brother man......if ur a "true christian" then bite back all those degenerate responses to people who ar probably ten times smarter than you......your close mindedness is turning america into a back country society....its time to move on with society...open your box like heads for once.....and did you know kj murdered over three hundred people for almost no reason?thats a good reason to read his translated book right

Were do you get we are not to judge? Here is Jesus own words on this;
John 7:24
Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Pastor Billy-Reuben 05-19-2008 07:04 PM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by David(atheist) (Post 190335)
please people your god tells you to not pass judgement and to believe in your brother man

I see we have yet another atheist who doesn't believe in God yet presumes to speak for Him. :rolleyes:

Also, you have just proved that you were lying when you said you've read the Bible four times. Someone who has actually read the whole Bible would never make such a ridiculous claim.

Quote:

Originally Posted by David(atheist) (Post 190335)
im not here to shout abuse...

Really? Your actions say otherwise:
Quote:

Originally Posted by David(atheist) (Post 190335)
...all those degenerate responses...
...people who ar probably ten times smarter than you...
...your close mindedness...
...open your box like heads for once...

Quote:

Originally Posted by David(atheist) (Post 190335)
and did you know kj murdered over three hundred people for almost no reason?

So you refuse to believe God's Word, but you'll unquestioningly believe any piece of Papist propaganda that comes your way. :thumbdown:

Pastor Billy-Reuben

David(idiot) 05-20-2008 06:15 PM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
read something other than the bible for a history lesson...and excuse me sir, i have read the bible and it also says in it to that you should love your neighbor as well as your enemiy....and im not speaking for your god im quoting the most diluded work of literature in the entire history of the earth.....and if i was wanting to abuse you with words and try to belittle you....you wouldnt say anything back. in twenty-six days im gaining my masters in psychology and humanities. i dont discredit your religion...its the only thing that brought together this many people(if not threw centuries of bloodshed...) but you guys need to be more like hippies.......peace and love:innocent:

David(idiot) 05-20-2008 06:20 PM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
and bj dude myy black friends told me to tell you to take down your little racist picture you have there:thumbdown::angry:

Nobar King 05-20-2008 06:31 PM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by David(atheist) (Post 190852)
In twenty-six days im gaining my masters in psychology and humanities.

Don't online schools just let you print out your diploma? Why is it going to take so long to mail it to you?

I'm amazed you ever made it out of High School.

David(idiot) 05-20-2008 06:39 PM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
thank u...i keep it surprising... actually its took them nine and a half years to mail the certificate to me...but wait i forgot im going to app. state after gaining degrees in other schools and i recieve it from my headmaster...hmm i wonder...wheres the pattern? i thought those little come-back things quit in high school to...listen im just here to judge like your god (by what you say) tells me to do:sarcasm:

Pastor Billy-Reuben 05-20-2008 07:31 PM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by David(atheist) (Post 190852)
excuse me sir, i have read the bible and it also says in it to that you should love your neighbor as well as your enemiy

I know it does, friend, and I do love my neighbors and my enemies. That's why I work so hard to warn them about the dangers of Hell fire.

Quote:

Originally Posted by David(atheist) (Post 190852)
in twenty-six days im gaining my masters in psychology and humanities.

Good luck with that. Are you planning on a career in waiting tables?

When you turn in your thesis, won't they count off for spelling and grammar mistakes? How about logic errors?

Quote:

Originally Posted by David(atheist) (Post 190852)
but you guys need to be more like hippies.......peace and love:innocent:

No, we need to be more like Jesus, who came not to send peace, but a sword.

Quote:

Originally Posted by David(atheist)
isten im just here to judge like your god (by what you say) tells me to do

God doesn't tell you to judge, because you aren't saved.

Lev 19:15 In righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.
I Cor 2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
I Cor 6:2-3 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

What school is lax enough in their standards to award you a master's degree? I need to let the business leaders in my congregation know not to hire from there.

Pastor Billy-Reuben

Bobby-Joe 05-20-2008 07:37 PM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by David(atheist) (Post 190855)
and bj dude myy black friends told me to tell you to take down your little racist picture you have there:thumbdown::angry:

Friend, there is no room for hate at Landover, what racist picture?

David(idiot) 05-21-2008 04:48 PM

Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity
 
dont call me friend, im not friend to close minded extremists...the one that has the kkk riding on the white horse of the kkk....with the burning cross that symbolizes the kkk....duh....and um i would never work for your church i couldnt stoop low enough....um and ya with a little effort i could achieve the vernacular of a post-and alfa modern church that endorses child abuse, righteous murder, and racial discrimination...but.....the world moved on from that back in the fifties.


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:16 PM.

Powered by Jesus - vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Landover Baptist Forums © 1620, 2018 all rights reserved