The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Favorite Bible Verses (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Scorpion torture (Book of Revelation 9) (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=58177)

Johann Rudtke 01-19-2011 08:57 PM

Scorpion torture (Book of Revelation 9)

Let me read out my second favourite bible passage, Book of Revelation 9, 1-5: "And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit. [...] And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads. And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment [was] as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man." :thumbsup: :lex_12:
When I read this passage the first time, I jubilated chastely for twenty minutes, and thaught- Hooray, OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST will protect US CHRISTIANS and give us power against the HOMO-BASTARDS and all those INSUBORDINATE EVOLUZZIS!
But surprisingly, yesterday I saw an unchaste man on Munich TV, lying in a DEEP DEEP GLASS TROUGH (bottomless pit!) and being again and again bitten by houndreds of wounderful, ascetic SCORPIONS! Brothers, IS THIS AMARGEDDON? Hallelujah!

Ezekiel Bathfire 01-19-2011 09:22 PM

Re: Scorpion torture (Book of Revelation 9)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johann Rudtke (Post 678260)
Let me read out my second favourite bible passage, Book of Revelation 9, 1-5: their torment [was] as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man."

I think that this passage shows the imaginative side of God in the torment of His Enemies.
Quote:

But surprisingly, yesterday I saw an unchaste man on Munich TV, lying in a DEEP DEEP GLASS TROUGH (bottomless pit!) and being again and again bitten by houndreds of wounderful, SCORPIONS! Brothers, IS THIS AMARGEDDON? Hallelujah!
No, it is a sensationalist TV show. I could only approve if the sinner in the box were stung to a ppint where he might repent his sins and then three or four others (e.g. old women and children) were then thrown in one by one.

Of course the presenter would have to explain the significance. :thumbsup:

Just a moment - I have an idea for a TV show...

Johann Rudtke 01-19-2011 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ezekiel Bathfire (Post 678291)
I could only approve if the sinner in the box were stung to a ppint where he might repent his sins and then three or four others (e.g. old women and children) were then thrown in one by one.

Of course the presenter would have to explain the significance. :thumbsup:

Just a moment - I have an idea for a TV show...

Hallelujah, what a great imagination! Would be nice in my revival tent. Pierce and Purge or so. In the beginning some christians jump in the box- NOT being violated but protected by GOD. The impures could then be attached by bands over the box being forced to cite bible passages by number that will be torn through if they get 2 or 3 quotes wrong (what would show that they are unbelievers). Awakening in hardship cases ;)

UK_Stinks 01-24-2011 11:17 PM

Great Idea, but throw some true Christians in there to show that the scorpions wont sting them because they are protected by the lord.

Ezekiel Bathfire 01-27-2011 05:42 PM

That is simply stupid. The scorpion is a divine messenger of pain as recompense for sin. True Christians™ are free of sin and thus require no punishment.

You may be confusing this with the promise of The Lord to protect His Faithful from snake bites.
M'r:16:17: And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
M'r:16:18: They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Not to be confused with:
Ec:10:8: He that diggeth a pit shall fall into it; and whoso breaketh an hedge, a serpent shall bite him.
[...]
Ec:10:11: Surely the serpent will bite without enchantment; and a babbler is no better.