The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   MEET CHRISTIAN SINGLES! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=52601)

MilitantImbecile 04-02-2013 05:36 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MilitantModerate (Post 991856)
Oh, I'm sorry, is it males under the age of 20 that aren't worth counting? or is it the males under a month of age

Numbers 3:15 Number the children of Levi after the house of their fathers, by their families: every male from a month old and upward shalt thou number them.

Or are Levi's children worth less than anyone elses?

Wanted to correct myself here. Since Levi's children were worth counting from one month of age or older, and nobody elses was worth counting until their 20, then Levis children were worth MORE not less.

my mistake.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. Edward Clement (Post 991868)
Speaking of context, remember, the Head of the Household OWNS everyone in his household. So, you still cannot see what is clear, friend. However, because males are mentioned, and females are not mentioned, women are not human, as Brother Cranky noted.

So you're completely ignoring the fact that God considers a woman of child bearing years worth double what he considers an old man.

Leviticus 27:4 4 And if it be a female, then thy estimation shall be thirty shekels.

Leviticus 27:7 And if it be from sixty years old and above; if it be a male, then thy estimation shall be fifteen shekels, and for the female ten shekels.

Quote:

Only animals seek to sleep with other animals(atheists, agnostics, false-Christians are in that same category), unless their husbands tighten the reigns.
Wow dude, you need to calm down. Calling other people animals? What does god say that you should do with a "stranger"?

Exodus 22:21 Thou shalt neither vex a stranger, nor oppress him: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

Exodus 23:9 Also thou shalt not oppress a stranger: for ye know the heart of a stranger, seeing ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

Zechariah 7:10 And oppress not the widow, nor the fatherless, the stranger, nor the poor; and let none of you imagine evil against his brother in your heart.

Quote:

Leviticus
20:16 And if a woman approach unto any beast, and lie down thereto, thou shalt kill the woman, and the beast: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
Okay, not sure what this is about. But if a woman wasnt a person, why would your God care about what she slept with? I see mules mentioned in the Bible and they're caused by a horse "sleeping with" a donkey.

1 Kings 18:5 And Ahab said unto Obadiah, Go into the land, unto all fountains of water, and unto all brooks: peradventure we may find grass to save the horses and mules alive, that we lose not all the beasts.

Quote:

We are always right:

Isaiah 29:14 Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid.

Matthew 18:3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
What did Jesus mean when he said "become as little children"? Did he mean stamp your feet and have a tempertantrum when your shown up?

Quote:

Luke 10:21 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.
Hey, I'm not claiming to be no genius. Im a simple man trying to walk the middle path.

Quote:

John 11:7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded
John 11:8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear unto this day.

John 12:39 Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,
John 12:40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

1st Corinthians 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.
1st Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
1st Corinthians 1:19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
1st Corinthians 1:20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

1st Corinthians 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
1st Corinthians 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
1st Corinthians 1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
1st Corinthians 1:26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
1st Corinthians 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

1st Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
1st Corinthians 2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

1st Corinthians 3:18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
1st Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
1st Corinthians 3:20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.

Jude 1:16 These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.
Jude 1:17 But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;
Jude 1:18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.
Jude 1:19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.

Truly, your persecution not only confirms our Rightness, but provides evidence that Jesus is soon to Return.
You have all of this saved to your computer, don't ya :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. Edward Clement (Post 991875)
Stop straying off topic, friend.

Now specifically, it is also not only well know that daughters are not human because they are the result of the fact that there was no bestial helpmeet for Adam, which he discovered while he was naming cattle.

Genesis
2:20 And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.

I guess you missed this in your poor attempt at Bible reading, but that is to be expected because you are blind, friend.

Then why does god say that a woman between 20 and 60 is worth twice what the old man is worth? Why does he make up rules for women? He says a woman shouldn't lie with a beast (quoted above) but he has no problem with a beast lying with a beast, or else how do you get mules?

Zechariah Smyth 04-02-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MilitantModerate (Post 991953)
*** blah blah blah *** He says a woman shouldn't lie with a beast (quoted above) but he has no problem with a beast lying with a beast, or else how do you get mules?

Your interest in animal sex is soooo typical of the average Jesus-hating "furry."

:thumbdown:

YiC,

Zech

MilitantImbecile 04-02-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zechariah Smyth (Post 991980)
Your interest in animal sex is soooo typical of the average Jesus-hating "furry."

:thumbdown:

YiC,

Zech

Nope, not a furry either.

Love how you ignore the parts of the Bible you don't like then call me a cherry picker. :lol:

Zechariah Smyth 04-02-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MilitantModerate (Post 991982)
Nope, not a furry either.

Love how you ignore the parts of the Bible you don't like then call me a cherry picker. :lol:

I love every part of the Bible.

:wub:

You are trying (and failing) to use the Bible to justify your perversions.

(2 Corinthians 11:14) "And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light."

YiC,

Zech

MilitantImbecile 04-02-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zechariah Smyth (Post 991983)
I love every part of the Bible.

:wub:

You are trying (and failing) to use the Bible to justify your perversions.

(2 Corinthians 11:14) "And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light."

YiC,

Zech

What perversions? You're seeing things that just aint there.

Are you saying I'm an "angel of light"?

I'm not the one saying other people are animals, or that women aren't human. You're twisting the Bible, which is what you get so upset about, then having a freakout when people point out that women are indeed not "worthless" nor are they "animals".

Oh and the "be kind to strangers part". You seem to have missed that part of the Bible as well.

Didymus Much 04-02-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MilitantModerate (Post 991987)
...Are you saying I'm an "angel of light"?...

No, he's saying you're trying to transform yourself into an "angel of light", where the Bible also warns them of "wolves in sheep's clothing".

Didn't Buddha say something about "trust not the man who has found the truth, but the man who is still searching"?

handmaiden 04-02-2013 07:55 PM

Has that young lady not been sold yet? Well, I don't wish to be forward, but I think that some serious prayer is called for.

Perhaps the Lord has some specific plan in mind for the girl. Maybe she will come in handy as a means of diverting the attentions of a lustful crowd from some important male guests of her father's household. . . She IS still a virgin, isn't she?

Consideringly Yours,

Handmaiden

BelieverInGod 04-02-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmaiden (Post 992020)
Has that young lady not been sold yet? Well, I don't wish to be forward, but I think that some serious prayer is called for.

Perhaps the Lord has some specific plan in mind for the girl. Maybe she will come in handy as a means of diverting the attentions of a lustful crowd from some important male guests of her father's household. . . She IS still a virgin, isn't she?

Consideringly Yours,

Handmaiden

Well, I was 30 and not technically a virgin when I met Seth, so who knows what God's plan is. I had pretty much given up and decided on a life of spinsterhood when what fell into my lap! :innocent:

Barry 04-02-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Didymus Much (Post 991999)
Didn't Buddha say something about "trust not the man who has found the truth, but the man who is still searching"?

The only thing I remember Buddha saying is, "Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmm".

Rev. Edward Clement 04-02-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MilitantModerate (Post 991953)
Hey, I'm not claiming to be no genius. Im a simple man trying to walk the middle path.

A middle path, oh you silly budda worshippers. :rofl:

Friend, therein is the problem. You are walking a lukewarm path and in walking this abominable path, you cannot see and the Lord's Wrath is upon you.

The Bible says so.

Matthew

7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
7:23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Revelation
3:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

You are against what Jesus said:

Mark
12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

Thus, you cannot see what the Word clearly says because your mind has NOT been renewed. Thus, you cannot place any judgment upon a True-Christian™ because you cannot judge correctly; that, and you are trying to make a private interpretation of the Bible which is forbidden.

Romans
12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

1 Corinthians
2:4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
2:5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
2:6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:
2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

Thus, your judgment falls on your own chin while you speak it in the chinny tone that you take, friend. It is very apparent why you worship budda now.

2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

Didymus Much 04-02-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry (Post 992048)
The only thing I remember Buddha saying is, "Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmigod that was a huge dump I just took".

FTFY. :lol:

Rev. Edward Clement 04-02-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MilitantModerate (Post 991987)
I'm not the one saying other people are animals, or that women aren't human. You're twisting the Bible, which is what you get so upset about, then having a freakout when people point out that women are indeed not "worthless" nor are they "animals".

Oh friend, :lol: we are not upset, you are a chin-man attempting to read the Powerful Word of God. It is expected that the Chinese demons that you harbor would get a bit riled up when you are confront with Jesus.

Hebrews
4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Friend, we are working while resting in Him, here.

2 Timothy
1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Hebrews
4:9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

shona.macdonald 04-10-2013 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. Edward Clement (Post 991852)
The Bible is very clear on this matter, friend, because the Lord does not consider them worthy of being counted.

Numbers
1:2 Take ye the sum of all the congregation of the children of Israel, after their families, by the house of their fathers, with the number of their names, every male by their polls;

The Lord specifically refuses to mention women here.

This should be very clear to you now, such as clearness is considered clear by those with the clearness to understand what the Lord explicitly says, clearly.

you realise that God didn't actually write the bible right....?

Mary Thompson 04-10-2013 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by godLOVESfags (Post 993625)

The people who wrote the Bible were inspired by The Lord.

John Creeser 04-17-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shona.macdonald (Post 993625)

No, he dictated it.

2nd Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

2 Peter 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Habakkuk 2:2 And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it.

You should actually read the Bible and back up your claims with scripture instead of making a fool out of yourself.

MUDUP _MYASS 05-29-2013 01:59 PM

You should do the christian thing and donate her to charity.

Dr Laurence Niles 05-29-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MUDUP _MYASS (Post 1005938)
You should do the christian thing and donate her to charity.

What a disgusting thing to say: you demote her to something worthless? Was that a joke?

Very poor form, that man: shame on you :nono:

YIC

MitzaLizalor 05-30-2013 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Laurence Niles (Post 1005956)
What a disgusting thing to say: you demote her to something worthless? Was that a joke?

Very poor form, that man: shame on you :nono:

YIC

What is he? Some sort of cave-man?

MUDUP _MYASS 05-30-2013 03:41 AM

Okay, and?

The point of this thread is for you to be a jerk, huh? It's working big time.

You ARE a jerk.

Pastor Ed Lowman 05-30-2013 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MUDUP _MYASS (Post 1006028)
Okay, and?

The point of this thread is for you to be a jerk, huh? It's working big time.

You ARE a jerk.

The point of this thread is to ask a question and to highlight a biblical principle, as well as underscore how our modern society has moved away from honoring a book where men and women/boys and girls are sold like property.

Granted, there may not be as much of a need for human trafficking today, but when you oppose it, you deny God and what His Word says and damn your soul in the process (and make an ass of yourself in so doing).

Pastor Ed