The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Landover Baptist Lounge (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Aha! It's just as I suspected (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=283)

SUV 10-03-2006 12:38 AM

Aha! It's just as I suspected

I make a surprise visit to The Lounge and still, on the second day of October NOBODY IS TALKING ABOUT CHRISTMAS!!!!!

Jesus Weeps, my "friends."

SUV

Rachael Van Helsing 10-03-2006 12:54 AM

Re: Aha! It's just as I suspected

As I've said, SAMHAIN comes before YULE. :beee:

*And for the record, shopping malls here are already peddling xmas decorations. What an annoyance. Multicultural religious equality my butt!*

Pastor Ezekiel 10-03-2006 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachael Van Helsing (Post 5580)

*And for the record, shopping malls here are already peddling xmas decorations. What an annoyance. Multicultural religious equality my butt!*

Ok, you have earned another infraction for repeatedly attempting to cram your cult holidays down our throats.:angry:

And I'll throw in a few more for the flamboyant advertising of your poop chute.:thumbdown:

Jesus is the reason for the season, got it?

Bobby-Joe 10-03-2006 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachael Van Helsing (Post 5580)

So what's up with Samiam there Rachael? I've been reading some archeological books and let's see if I have that correct; Samiam is that when you strangle some deformed redhead and tossing him in a lake to go see the gods to bring the sun back for the next year.

Since we are speaking of pagan practices; I am curious how you keep the heads of your husband's slain enemies lying around you house from attracting vermin?

Oh, you've said you are a witch; so do you have stagnate pond were the other pagan's toss weapons captured from their enemis? I bet the War of Terror has been a real godsend for you then.

Pastor Ezekiel 10-03-2006 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby-Joe (Post 5607)
So what's up with Samiam there Rachael? I've been reading some archeological books and let's see if I have that correct; Samiam is that when you strangle some deformed redhead and tossing him in a lake to go see the gods to bring the sun back for the next year.

Since we are speaking of pagan practices; I am curious how you keep the heads of your husband's slain enemies lying around you house from attracting vermin?

Oh, you've said you are a witch; so do you have stagnate pond were the other pagan's toss weapons captured from their enemis? I bet the War of Terror has been a real godsend for you then.

I've often wondered about that too. And how do you store all that blood for your rituals? Do you have industrial drums of it? I'd think it would stink to high heavens and get the DOF on you pretty quick....

Rachael Van Helsing 10-03-2006 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 5604)
Ok, you have earned another infraction for repeatedly attempting to cram your cult holidays down our throats.:angry:

Now you know how the rest of the world feels about you!

Quote:

And I'll throw in a few more for the flamboyant advertising of your poop chute.:thumbdown:
I take it you've never heard the saying before?

Quote:

Way to misinterpret, BJ, it's merely a darker holiday symbolizing (in the northern hemisphere at least, summers end, death and rebirth)

Quote:

Well, seeing as the main problem we have is with roaches, we do what the proper thing to do with dead roaches is. We send them to the landover kitchen supply center. :innocent: :D

Quote:

1)Not all pagans believe/do the same things
2) Ancient and modern times are not the same

Quote:

I've often wondered about that too. And how do you store all that blood for your rituals? Do you have industrial drums of it? I'd think it would stink to high heavens and get the DOF on you pretty quick....
See my above response to the previous question.

lilith 10-03-2006 04:42 AM

"A deformed redhead" BJ?

Surely you realise they had to be as perfect as possible,so the more handsome the better...which must be a great comfort to you.:sarcasm:

Rachael Van Helsing 10-03-2006 06:26 AM

Ahhhh, I knew there must be a reason why BJ never takes that mask off. *snicker*

Brother Temperance 10-03-2006 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachael Van Helsing (Post 5617)
Way to misinterpret, BJ, it's merely a darker holiday symbolizing (in the northern hemisphere at least, summers end, death and rebirth)

What, so your problem is that BJ's description of the holiday wasn't dark enough? What did he miss out?

Rachael Van Helsing 10-03-2006 01:05 PM

I meant dark as in, as far as pagan holidays go, the tone is a tad more dark than some of the others, that's all.

Sorry to disappoint you....no naked dancing around an open fire smeared in blood or anything like that.

Bobby-Joe 10-03-2006 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilith (Post 5631)
"A deformed redhead" BJ?

Surely you realise they had to be as perfect as possible,so the more handsome the better...which must be a great comfort to you.:sarcasm:

Deformed as in gimpy leg or what not (the god's mark after all). I assume a red head would have to be perfect in you pagan's eyes or why else would you send him to talk to the God's? (Though you've got to admit drugging him up, feeding him grass and then wrapping a cord around his neck is pretty rough)

Why I am telling you two pagan priestesses about your own religion? :o

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachael von Hellspout
1)Not all pagans believe/do the same things
2) Ancient and modern times are not the same

You two are Northern European? Right? You two say you are practicing ancient paganism? Right? So what's the problem you two have with your religion? Were is your faith in your gods and goddess if you don't think you need to snuff a red head to bring the sun back?

SUV 10-03-2006 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby-Joe (Post 5607)

Bobby-Joe, I thought it was the one where you celebrate it by putting a Man in a giant wicker apparatus and Light-ing it all on fire. No?

PS MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!

SUV

Bobby-Joe 10-03-2006 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sister Sue Vera (Post 5761)
Bobby-Joe, I thought it was the one where you celebrate it by putting a Man in a giant wicker apparatus and Light-ing it all on fire. No?

PS MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!

SUV

That's in the spring, and they use criminals. (though one shudders as to think what they considered a criminal)

Well what's interesting about the "wicker man" thing is the only evidence we have is from Julius Caesar’s The Gallic War. There is no other evidence for it. Yet, these modern pagans embrace it. They taunt us TRUE Christians™ for using an instrument of torture as a symbol of Christ's victory over sin yet embrace as their own symbol a slanderous rumor. Thus The Lord reveals them with their own foolishness.

Daisy Mae Johnson 10-03-2006 09:07 PM

:clapping: GLORY!!!:clapping:

If it's Christmas time that means it's time for my Favorite Christmas song!!!

Turn your sound up and ENJOY!!!:P

MY FAVORITE HOLIDAY SONG!!

Enthusiastic, Sister Thumper

SUV 10-03-2006 11:21 PM

Sweet, Sister Thumper! After all these years I do Believe Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer has finally got some competition.

SUV

Rachael Van Helsing 10-03-2006 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby-Joe (Post 5723)
You two are Northern European? Right? You two say you are practicing ancient paganism? Right? So what's the problem you two have with your religion? Were is your faith in your gods and goddess if you don't think you need to snuff a red head to bring the sun back?

No, there are different types of paganism, and as the times pass, so do traditions. Much the same as you christians no longer sacrifice animals and/or people to your god. (And yes, I have seen parts of the bible where they have sacrificed people!!)

Pastor Al E Pistle 10-03-2006 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachael Van Helsing (Post 5877)
Much the same as you christians no longer sacrifice animals and/or people to your god.

Who says we don't? No one ever rescinded Biblical law!

robert12345 10-03-2006 11:53 PM

Quote:

Who says we don't? No one ever rescinded Biblical law!
And you say only catholicism is pagan...:thumbdown:
I have no problem with people who believe in Jesus, but harming another individual in any way is unacceptable. I don't care what the booky says

Pastor Al E Pistle 10-03-2006 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robert12345 (Post 5882)
And you say only catholicism is pagan...:thumbdown:
I have no problem with people who believe in Jesus, but harming another individual in any way is unacceptable. I don't care what the booky says

The Bible says to kill all unbelievers. JESUS HIMSELF is returning for one reason only: To start The war of Armageddon and make the rivers run red with blood. That is what the Bible says! Who are you to deny GOD?

SUV 10-04-2006 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robert12345 (Post 5882)
I don't care what the booky says

Please mind your Manners, Sir. We Baptists do not gamble; it is S-I-N.

PS Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!

SUV