The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Godly Politics (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   "Cultural Appropriation" vs. "Solidarity" (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=117702)

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 06-17-2020 08:58 PM

"Cultural Appropriation" vs. "Solidarity"

Brothers and Sisters, as a woman I rarely venture into the Politics forum, for the obvious reason: it is not my place. But I am here to ask for advice. This evening several of my children have asked me to clear up the question of why some acts are deemed to be cultural appropriation (and therefore A Bad Thing), while very similar acts are deemed to be acts of solidarity which lead to praise and smug self-congratulation.

An example of the former would be - say - blacking up and singing "Mammy" while eating watermelon, or utterly ruining your God-given blonde hair by failing to groom it until it turns into stinking dreadlocks. Dressing as a Nazi would also be a form of cultural appropriation, unless (like ex-Prince Harry) one is doing so in order to honor one's ancestors.

But this evening the British soccer league resumed and, before the games, all the players "took the knee". Possibly they "took a knee"? They really (k)need to decide which. :lol: In any event, this was taken as an act of solidarity (A Good Thing) rather than cultural appropriation by a bunch of very rich, mostly white Europeans of the acts of mostly poor, black American rioters (A Bad and Risible Thing).

It is all very puzzling to young but generally intelligent children - and to their mother. Any advice would be most welcome.

Alvin Moss 06-17-2020 09:38 PM

Re: "Cultural Appropriation" vs. "Solidarity"

Sister, people who talk about solidarity and cultural appropriation are communists and it is best to steer a wide berth around them. These are words given various meanings depending on who is saying them and what they are trying to say. Usually the difference is if they do it, it is good. That is solidarity. If someone else does it, it is bad. That is cultural appropriation. The people saying these words have no connection to the real world and are not friends of Jesus. Do not engage these people in conversation and if a stick is handy, beat them with it.

Basilissa 06-17-2020 10:18 PM

I'm confused by this whole issue. Is it cultural appropriation when Black people speak English and dress in shirts and pants rather than beads and paint?

Is it cultural appropriation when a Black person performs music composed by Beethoven or Tchaikovsky?

I just want to be able to spot cultural appropriation when I see it.

Elmer G. White 06-18-2020 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basilissa (Post 1269770)
Is it cultural appropriation when a Black person performs music composed by Beethoven or Tchaikovsky?

No, it is simply a sin and probably a bad one opposing Matthew 12:31. No-one should perform the music by Beethoven. The name is suspiciously Dutch, Netherlandish, and the composer was a Papist. He composed several low-quality Catlick masses. Previous scholars considered that he would have been Catholic in name only but new studies have shown that he was a devout Papist. Everything he composed was thus soiled by the fecal matter that is the content of every_single_word that the Pope utters (Matthew 15:11).
Quote:

A more complete and historically coherent understanding of Beethoven’s religious context suggests that the composer was more of a Catholic than he has so often been made out to be
Mark 7:7
Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching [for] doctrines the commandments of men.

The Papist stronghold and hotspot the horrid Vatican has even issued a coin in the memory of this horrendous man, who only escaped from hearing his own disastrous screaming compositions by the fact he he was deaf and ravished by the syphilis.

https://coin-brothers.com/photos/Vat...2020_15.29.jpg

As for Tchaikovsky, he was a well-known sodomite seeking rapid release between the thighs of alluring adolescents. Thus, everything he (and Beethoven) composed, was by definition of low quality.

Psalms 14:1
(To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.) The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is
none that doeth good.

http://www.gayheroes.com/images/tchaischool.jpg

Thus, no, dear Sister. It is not cultural appropriation. It's just sin as usual, and admittedly the Hamites are prone to imitating the more imaginative sins of Caucasian men as their intellectual capacities do not often allow them to innovate as many new and disastrous ways to irritate Sweet Jesus!

Yours in Christ,

Elmer :bye:

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 06-24-2020 03:30 AM

Seeing as you're in the Godless State of Britain, I'll use the True Scotsman analogy since Scotland is a country just north of you.

The Scot, being inferior to the British, has a highly developed system of grading inferiority levels, much like the Indian. For example, in Scotland there are 99 words for loser. They're all losers but they all look the same. So when a Brit innocently refers to hoardes of heroin-addicted gingers rushing in from the North and stealing British jobs, he finds himself mobbed by enraged heroin-addicted Scottish gingers disputing their level of inferiority. Over time, the two countries have worked out an uneasy compromise where Britain has complete control over Scotland.

Does that make sense to you?