The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Landover to the Rescue - Christian Help Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Is Your Child a Godless Goth? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=125)

technicolor.girl 10-28-2009 11:03 PM

Re: Is Your Child a Godless Goth?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 415703)
Thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedule turning tricks in alleyways and taking dope to drop by God's favorite forum and spew hatred. The Holy Bible says that we are actually Blessed by your persecution. Shout Glory!! :yahoo:

You're most welcome.♥

Rev. Jim Osborne 10-28-2009 11:38 PM

Correction: The Gothic style is born of the Catholic Church, which is Satan's favorite heretical cult. In no way is the gothic style connected with True Christianity™. So your lord Satan invented both the architecture and the subculture.

A_Dream 11-03-2009 02:05 PM

Wow, why is there so much hate being directed to the "goth" subculture?

Anyone who knows anything about it will tell you that Goths are simply normal people who love things like history, literature, art and music. Another thing that most have in common is a thirst for self discovery. Many are sad or disappointed with the way society runs - how it is so materialistic and corrupted, fueled by greed.

I can't see why goths have so much negative attention drawn towards them. Surely the general population isn't shallow enough to think that people who wear black are Satanists? Most people wear black because they are introverted, and want to be left alone.

On top of this, my closest friend wears a lot of black and would probably be described as a goth, yet she is an excellent Christian who attends church every Sunday, no matter what.

It does seem rather nonsensical. But ah well, I'm sure many people have already said this, and have already been ignored and condemned, hmm?

Nobar King 11-03-2009 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A_Dream (Post 418087)
I can't see why goths have so much negative attention drawn towards them.

Maybe it's because they get depressed and go to school with guns and shoot people.
Quote:

Most people wear black because they are introverted, and want to be left alone.
You have made many false statements, but I'm not sure where this ranks among them. People wear black because they think it makes them look dark and powerful. Look at Darth Vader or Steven Segal. Even priests wear black.

My mama always used to say that people who wear black exclusively are just not creative enough to manage to show some color. I agree. I usually only wear black to funerals.

Quote:

On top of this, my closest friend wears a lot of black and would probably be described as a goth, yet she is an excellent Christian who attends church every Sunday, no matter what.
There is no such thing as a Christian goth, so your friend is either lying about going to church, or she's been tricked by a false church that accepts her sinful lifestyle instead of trying to cure her of it.
Quote:

It does seem rather nonsensical. But ah well, I'm sure many people have already said this, and have already been ignored and condemned, hmm?
Wrong. We pay attention because we care for your eternal soul. Then we condemn you for not following the one true Lord, Jesus Christ and the Bible that he wrote for us.

A_Dream 11-04-2009 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobar King (Post 418096)
Maybe it's because they get depressed and go to school with guns and shoot people.

That's a popular misconception. None of the shootings have been done by goths. They were done by hateful psycho's who wear black. They had nothing to do with the gothic subculture.

Quote:

You have made many false statements, but I'm not sure where this ranks among them. People wear black because they think it makes them look dark and powerful. Look at Darth Vader or Steven Segal. Even priests wear black.
I wear a lot of black and I don't wear it because I think it makes me look dark and powerful. I wear it for a couple of reasons. Sometimes, I wear it when I'm particularly unhappy with the way society is. So in a way it's like wearing black to a funeral. Western culture is in decline, like all the great civilizations before us, we have forgotten what made us strong and are thus becoming weak. History shows that it's a very real trend. It's sad growing up in a society that is declining when one has such hopes for it.

The other reason I wear black is because I don't want to be bothered by people. Wearing all black is a way of saying "Stay away" in a non violent manner.

Quote:

My mama always used to say that people who wear black exclusively are just not creative enough to manage to show some color. I agree. I usually only wear black to funerals.
Now that is weird. Don't you know that "Goths" are nearly always extremely artistic and creative?

Quote:

There is no such thing as a Christian goth, so your friend is either lying about going to church, or she's been tricked by a false church that accepts her sinful lifestyle instead of trying to cure her of it.
That's just insane. She is a true Christian which is more than anyone can say of you

Quote:

Wrong. We pay attention because we care for your eternal soul. Then we condemn you for not following the one true Lord, Jesus Christ and the Bible that he wrote for us.
If you actually cared for people, you would set a fine example like Jesus did. and people would come to your faith because it would make sense. The way it is now, you only make people hate Christians because you come on so strong. Sure, be firm and passionate about your beliefs but don't contradict yourselves.

Christ didn't go around declaring people do be scum, nor should you. If you feel you must, then do. Just don't besmirch Christ's name in the process.

Nobar King 11-04-2009 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A_Dream (Post 418334)
That's a popular misconception. None of the shootings have been done by goths. They were done by hateful psycho's who wear black. They had nothing to do with the gothic subculture.

Someone here is living in serious denial of reality.

Quote:

The other reason I wear black is because I don't want to be bothered by people. Wearing all black is a way of saying "Stay away" in a non violent manner.
Bullpuckey. You don't have any colorful clothes in your closet, so there is no choice. You're just stuck in a rut.

Quote:

Don't you know that "Goths" are nearly always extremely artistic and creative?
Read: All goths are fags.

That's just insane. She is a true Christian which is more than anyone can say of you

Quote:

If you actually cared for people, you would set a fine example like Jesus did.
I can't help it if you don't like my example. Other people have visited these forums and have been 'turned on' to Jesus. You're just a failure.

Quote:

Christ didn't go around declaring people do be scum, nor should you. If you feel you must, then do. Just don't besmirch Christ's name in the process.
It's atheist scum like you who besmirch Christ's name with your hateful rants and hypocritical judgment.

John Smith 11-04-2009 07:10 PM

i specifically mentioned this thread in 4 complaint letters i sent to google and 5 i sent to yahoo
i cant understand how it is still online just look how hateful the members here are to differently oriented persons
this is supposed to be a new america with freedom and love in control
it makes me very upset

Ezekiel Bathfire 11-04-2009 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Smith (Post 418537)
[...]
i cant understand how hateful the members here are to differently oriented persons [...]

We treat slants the same as all other Unsaved Trash. :thumbsup:

Pastor Ezekiel 11-04-2009 11:24 PM

Quote:

i specifically mentioned this thread in 4 complaint letters i sent to google and 5 i sent to yahoo
i cant understand how it is still online just look how hateful the members here are to differently oriented persons
it makes me very upset

Why are you persecuting us? We are True Christians™ gathered to uplift the teachings of Jesus and God's Holy Word. Who are you to deny us our right to practice our religion freely? God hates you, and that's not our fault. :rtfm:

If you can show us any Scripture in the KJV Bible that commands us to tolerate queers, then we'll do that. We go by what God says, not homers like you. :thumbdown:

Nobar King 11-04-2009 11:34 PM

Quote:

You seem to only like freedom when it applies to you.
Quote:

it makes me very upset
:crazy:

Brother Enoch 11-04-2009 11:46 PM

Quote:

it makes me very upset

You believe in freedom for everyone except True Christians™??

I'm boggled that you can't see how stunningly hypocritical you are. :wacko:

Also, I respect your freedom to appear like a completely uneducated idiot, but for your own good please learn proper grammar and punctuation. Nothing undermines your credibility more than appearing to have the education level of a 5th grader. ;)

Meek and Humble 11-05-2009 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A_Dream (Post 418334)
If you actually cared for people, you would set a fine example like Jesus did. and people would come to your faith because it would make sense. The way it is now, you only make people hate Christians because you come on so strong. Sure, be firm and passionate about your beliefs but don't contradict yourselves.

The Bible specifically says not to be friends with the people of the world. It specifically says only a small minority of people will be saved. It says that the vast majority of people will hate, reject, and mock the small number of True Christians. Obviously, we fit that description far better than all those false Christians who are not persecuted as Jesus said people would be, do not obey His command to rebuke and preach, and engage in all manner of sin with their friends in the secular world.

Quote:

Jesus often went around calling people things like a generation of vipers, hypocrites, wicked, adulterous, Satan, faithless, perverse, fools, serpents, killers of the prophets, dogs, sinful, sons of the devil, thieves, robbers, and much more. Jesus was really only nice to those people who accepted Him as Lord and agreed not to sin anymore. He promises to send everyone who doesn't worship into eternal damnation. Have you read the book of Revelation?

The Vengeance 11-07-2009 08:14 PM

The topic creator of this thread has lost his mind. A lot of the above applies to me besides the makeup and some other silly crap.

I watch cable tv, I have an interest in sex like all humans do, I demand my privacy to be respected, I have no silly adult accompany me when I'm with my friends (the piffle?), I am on the Internet a lot, I play violent video games such as marvel ultimate alliance, punisher, max payne, and etc, I dress in black jeans and black shirts often since black is my favorite color, I love the night more then day, I am a fan of warewolves and vampires, I drink, i listen to rock and metal like disturbed, linkin park, three days grace, some of Marilyn Manson decent songs, I get bored often, I don't read the brible at all, and I don't go to church.

Hahahaha oh my... I need mental help xD. A shame some of you think most of this is bad. Just leave other people alone, and get a life. Judge and you will be judged.

Nobar King 11-07-2009 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Vengeance (Post 419289)
I need mental help xD.

Yes, you do. It's called reading the Bible and praying to Jesus.

Rev. Jim Osborne 11-07-2009 08:21 PM

Quote:

The topic creator of this thread has lost his mind. A lot of the above applies to me besides the makeup and some other silly crap....

Relishing in Satanism snipped... I don't read the brible at all, and I don't go to church.

The only thing you've done is further prove the validity of this checklist. You point out all the worldly, Satanic interests you hold, then you admit you are not a Christian. Why am I not surprised?

Quote:

Hahahaha oh my... I need mental help xD. A shame some of you think most of this is bad. Just leave other people alone, and get a life. Judge and you will be judged.
Yes you do need help. You need to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior! You need to repent of the exorbitant amount of sins in your life and have the blood of Christ wash them away. Finally, I welcome judging because I am sin-free. Matthew 7:1-5 concerns hypocritical judgement, and seeing as I am not a godless Goth like you, I am free to judge at will.

Brother Enoch 11-07-2009 08:42 PM

Quote:

Just leave other people alone, and get a life.

It's you who came here to us, not the other way around. Take your own advice. ;)

The Vengeance 11-07-2009 09:08 PM

First off, I am apart of no religion. I believe only in god. Like I said in the thread I made, I will not be controlled.

Lol I need Jesus? No I don't. Not at the moment, since all my prayers already came true for this year.

And as for a part of my post being snipped, get real. See? Trying to control what people say or do. It won't fly with me, just fair warning.

And I came here to see the stupidity of stuck up christans who believe doing normal every day things is a sin hahahaha. And I must say I am entertained.

And by the way, nah I'm not in no silly satanic activity. Don't be silly=) 95% of the world lives their lives normally. It's just like some people on here who need Jesus for real. To get their brains working properly.

John Smith 11-08-2009 01:33 AM

ms vengeance you should take what these people say with a grain of salt because they are bound up with hate and prejudice
being differently faithed is a fine way to be and no one should look down on you for what you choose to believe
you have a right to worship as you see fit and these christians are going to have to adjust themselves to accommodate you
america is a big wonderful melting pot of different people with all sorts of love to give if only everyone would open themselves up to the beauty that is in this world we could all coexist as equal world citizens with no fighting or hatred
landover baptist is far behind the new global village that president obama ushered in

Brother Enoch 11-08-2009 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Smith (Post 419404)
ms vengeance you should take what these people say with a grain of salt because they are bound up with hate and prejudice
being differently faithed is a fine way to be and no one should look down on you for what you choose to believe
you have a right to worship as you see fit and these christians are going to have to adjust themselves to accommodate you
america is a big wonderful melting pot of different people with all sorts of love to give if only everyone would open themselves up to the beauty that is in this world we could all coexist as equal world citizens with no fighting or hatred
landover baptist is far behind the new global village that president obama ushered in

Lol, do you know what a melting pot is?

Quote:

Melting Pot - A place where many divergent things (often races or cultures, but also talents) come together and are homogenized
A melting pot is not a celebration of diversity, it's a place where diversity is replaced homogenity. Yes, America is such a place, and, God willing, the melting pot will yeild a nation of True Christians™.

piercegraham 11-08-2009 05:08 PM

Quote:

it makes me very upset

We might not agree on Obama, Mr Smith, but at least we agree on this. :D

James Hutchins 11-08-2009 06:10 PM

Pierce, you are saying you want to persecute Christians?

piercegraham 11-08-2009 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hutchins (Post 419546)
Pierce, you are saying you want to persecute Christians?

No, I'm saying that I dont understand why this site hasn't been shut down. A lot of other sites have been shut down for even vaguely mocking others. This one blatantly in-your-face does, but its still here.

Levi Jones 11-08-2009 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piercegraham (Post 419591)
No, I'm saying that I dont understand why this site hasn't been shut down. A lot of other sites have been shut down for even vaguely mocking others. This one blatantly in-your-face does, but its still here.

No one is mocking anyone, pierce. We are trying to save souls. I'm getting a little bit tired of caring more about your soul than you do. :angry:

Revelation 3:16

So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

Rev. Jim Osborne 11-08-2009 10:03 PM

Pierre wants this site shut down because he hates Jesus. He does not want the Word of God®, the unadulterated, pure Word of God® to get out and reach the masses. He wishes to stifle the voice of True Christianity™ and keep mankind on the dark hellbound path that they are.

Pierre hates Jesus, he hates us, and he hates all of mankind.

What a sick bastard you are, you unsaved scumbag.

James Hutchins 11-08-2009 10:07 PM

Quote:

Pierce, I have no idea what you are talking about. Should we be shut down for praising the Lord? Should all religous people be taken out and shot? Should we be rounded up and placed in Gitmo? Why do you hate us? All we have done is follow His teachings.

Ezekiel Bathfire 11-08-2009 10:54 PM

Quote:

If a man has God on his side, what might he fear?

Pastor Ezekiel 11-08-2009 11:00 PM

Quote:

No, I'm saying that I don't understand why this site hasn't been shut down. A lot of other sites have been shut down for even vaguely mocking others. This one blatantly in-your-face does, but its still here.

I suppose the fascistic government of the People's Republic of Cannuckistan shuts down Christian websites all the time, right? God forbid the queers should get their feelings hurt, right? And you wonder why God hates Canada? :huh:

Well listen up Pierre: This is GOD'S FAVORITE FORUM, and NOTHING can stop Him! You can shoot the messenger all you like, but GOD'S HOLY WORD remains standing. If you don't like what we say at Landover Baptist, then TAKE IT UP WITH GOD! :furious:

Brother Enoch 11-08-2009 11:24 PM

Quote:

Why do you think that is, Pierre? Could it be because The Truth™ isn't actionable?

Or maybe you think it's all the joo lawyers we have on retainer?

Look, Pierre, save yourself some stress. Pick up a couple of orders of poutine and go visit your childhood catlick priest and relive the good old days. I'm guessing all your hostility stems from the abandonment you feel when he stopped touching you when you hit puberty. Shave yourself down, and I'm sure he'll be happy to make you feel loved again.

Go on now, Pierre, mon petit poof, that's a good boy. :bye:

Brother Enoch 11-08-2009 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 419629)
I suppose the fascistic government of the People's Republic of Cannuckistan shuts down Christian websites all the time, right? God forbid the queers should get their feelings hurt, right? And you wonder why God hates Canada? :huh:

A lot of Truth™ at that site, Pastor, but isn't it run by those Westboro librals? :thumbdown:

piercegraham 11-09-2009 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Avatar (Post 419638)
A lot of Truth™ at that site, Pastor, but isn't it run by those Westboro librals?

Okay. This is just stupid. A few points....
1) Reverend Osbourne. Show me where I said I was planning on shutting the site down. Oh wait, you can't, because I never did. You simply grossly misunderstood my point.
2) Mr Hutchins. Again, where did I say I wanted it shut down? I have said several times that I dont want it shut down. Why? Because anyone should be able to express their opinion, be it offensive or not.
3) Pastor Ezekiel, I have no idea if we shut down such sites in Canada. Ive never looked into it. I do know that many sites around the world are shut down, though they were much more fanatical (ie KKK or white supremacist sites)
4) Frère Avatar, pense pas que tu peux parler le français mieux que moi. On est les deux Canadiens, on parle les deux bien le français, je pense. N’essaye pas de te faire penser meilleur en parlant une autre langue. :thumbdown:

Lola Handcock 11-09-2009 03:29 AM

Percy we speak American English around here not no Homer devil language!

Pastor Isaac Peters 11-09-2009 03:31 AM

Ici on parle américain. Veuillez parler la langue préférée de Dieu. Merci.

Brother Enoch 11-09-2009 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piercegraham (Post 419692)
4) Frère Avatar, pense pas que tu peux parler le français mieux que moi. On est les deux Canadiens, on parle les deux bien le français, je pense. N’essaye pas de te faire penser meilleur en parlant une autre langue. :thumbdown:

Never said I could speak frenchie better than you, kermie, nor do I want to. :wacko:

Thank you for confirming my strong suspicion that you are indeed a Queerbecker. :D

Vive le Quebec esclave!!

:lol:

piercegraham 11-09-2009 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Isaac Peters (Post 419701)

Two things:
1) I will, I just wanted him to know he's not special because he can speak French.
2) Where in the Bible does it say that English is God's favorite language? Or is it because it is the only main language that has no affiliation with the Vatican?

Lola Handcock 11-09-2009 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piercegraham (Post 419704)
Two things:
1) I will, I just wanted him to know he's not special because he can speak French.
2) Where in the Bible does it say that English is God's favorite language? Or is it because it is the only main language that has no affiliation with the Vatican?

What is the language the KJV1611 is written in ? Here is a clue it ain't cheese eating french! M O R O N .:fear2:

piercegraham 11-09-2009 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lola Handcock (Post 419705)
What is the language the KJV1611 is written in ? Here is a clue it ain't cheese eating french! M O R O N .

And the origianl Bible sure wasnt in English

Nurse Clampett 11-09-2009 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piercegraham (Post 419704)
Two things:

Did you really have to bring the V-Word to the table?:this:

Levi Jones 11-09-2009 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Isaac Peters (Post 419701)

I'm not sure wut that means in American, but in beaner, I'm guessing it's something like.

Hablamos en Americano, culero. La idioma preferido del Sen˜or.

Brother Enoch 11-09-2009 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levi Jones (Post 419714)
Hablamos en Americano, culero. La idioma preferido del Sen˜or.

Dang, do I need an STD shot now? :o

Levi Jones 11-09-2009 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piercegraham (Post 419706)
And the origianl Bible sure wasnt in English

It was originally written in Greek. It was translated so perfectly into English that even the catlick priest Alexander Geddes issued the first column of his own translation of the Bible, accordingly paid tribute to the Bible of his time:
Quote:

"The highest eulogiums have been made on the translation of James the First, both by our own writers and by foreigners. And, indeed, if accuracy, fidelity, and the strictest attention to the letter of the text, be supposed to constitute the qualities of an excellent version, this of all versions, must, in general, be accounted the most excellent. Every sentence, every work, every syllable, every letter and point, seem to have been weighed with the nicest exactitude; and expressed, either in the text, or margin, with the greatest precision."