The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Landover to the Rescue - Christian Help Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Is Your Child a Godless Goth? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=125)

Levi Jones 03-08-2010 05:49 AM

Re: Is Your Child a Godless Goth?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel.Of.Death (Post 484865)
no. :thumbsup:

Thank goodness! Maybe the LORD can still save you.

Stacey VW 03-08-2010 01:52 PM

My home town has experienced a huge influx of goths over the past few years. So much so that what used to be an up and coming town has now gone to hell. There are support groups and "gangs" of goths and websites and meetings and all sorts of godless activities the goths can "subscribe" to. SHAMELESS!

All I can do is try and keep away from these godless beings, but as I find myself in a town surrounded by them, I find this task very hard to do on a daily basis. I would consider moving, but from what I hear, the rest of England is not that much better...

What do I do?

S vW

Pastor Ezekiel 03-08-2010 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacey VW (Post 484956)
My home town has experienced a huge influx of goths over the past few years. So much so that what used to be an up and coming town has now gone to hell. There are support groups and "gangs" of goths and websites and meetings and all sorts of godless activities the goths can "subscribe" to. SHAMELESS!

All I can do is try and keep away from these godless beings, but as I find myself in a town surrounded by them, I find this task very hard to do on a daily basis. I would consider moving, but from what I hear, the rest of England is not that much better...

What do I do?

S vW

Keep your shirt on!

Have you spoken to your pastor about this, or are you lost, girl? :glare:

Stacey VW 03-08-2010 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 484958)
Keep your shirt on!

Have you spoken to your pastor about this, or are you lost, girl? :glare:

I have spoken with my pevious minister about this, as have many of our congregation. They are too large in numbers for one church to really make a difference. We've held prayer gathering with this topic at the top of the list, but to no avail so far. We continue to trust God for release from these hulligans. :innocent:

Angel.Of.Death 03-09-2010 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levi Jones (Post 484868)
Thank goodness! Maybe the LORD can still save you.

maybe.

Raven. 03-10-2010 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacey VW (Post 484963)
I have spoken with my pevious minister about this, as have many of our congregation. They are too large in numbers for one church to really make a difference. We've held prayer gathering with this topic at the top of the list, but to no avail so far. We continue to trust God for release from these hulligans. :innocent:

I love this idea i have to solve your problem, luckily it's one of the easiest and legal ways that happens to work really well. If your situation under a specific area is under pressure and is not worth residing in and you have troubles with your community...move out.

If you can't do that you can try any means possible to change the scenario but while you think under assumption think they are idiots most of them are thinking the same thing about you. then even worse these people begin to just not like you at all, but you would feel the same so i guess there wouldn't be much of a difference besides the fact they probably outnumber you 1 to 6.

By the way try talking to a few of them, some may surprise you (depending on where you live).

Raven

Stacey VW 03-10-2010 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raven. (Post 485827)
By the way try talking to a few of them, some may surprise you (depending on where you live).

Raven

Actually, they don't talk... they mumble and chant, mostly. Much like yourself, I presume! And the only thing they could do to 'surprise me' is take off their black robes to reveal their Hannah Montana sweats underneath.:fear2:

Miss Cassandra 03-10-2010 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacey VW (Post 485874)
Actually, they don't talk... they mumble and chant, mostly. Much like yourself, I presume!

And so totally unlike a christian drone like you, of course.:sarcasm:

Raven. 03-11-2010 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacey VW (Post 485874)
Actually, they don't talk... they mumble and chant, mostly. Much like yourself, I presume! And the only thing they could do to 'surprise me' is take off their black robes to reveal their Hannah Montana sweats underneath.:fear2:

luckily, for all of us, they don't wear Hanna Montana sweats (almost all!) so your surprise isn't coming anytime soon. the mumbling and chanting part well... of coarse not. just because they dress a specific way dose not make them utterly retarded. You would be amazed about how some satan worshipers dress, you guys wouldn't be able to pick them out of a crowed if you wanted to.

Never assume everything follows the rules

Raven

GodsFool 03-12-2010 04:44 AM

Hello to the masses of piffleed up mother piffleers, that claim to be loving christians......number one WHAT THE piffle?????????? serious do you all get togather and spend your "salvation money" you juice out of uneducated people and go to local ghetto and buy as much crack cocaine, and all sit around smoking crack decideing how to praise god in piffleed up ways

Levi Jones 03-12-2010 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GodsWrath (Post 486373)
Hello to the masses of piffleed up mother piffleers, that claim to be loving christians......number one WHAT THE piffle?????????? serious do you all get togather and spend your "salvation money" you juice out of uneducated people and go to local ghetto and buy as much crack cocaine, and all sit around smoking crack decideing how to praise god in piffleed up ways

No, doing drugs is a sin just like being a gothic. Do you have your father's permission to be here?

Raven. 03-13-2010 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GodsWrath (Post 486373)

They are smarter then that, you can't call anyone utter mormons and think it gets anywhere cause now they'll think you are an utter mormon. besides, you are on the internet, how can you determine one is actually an illiterate, drunken idiot?

Raven

GodsFool 03-13-2010 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levi Jones (Post 486378)
No, doing drugs is a sin just like being a gothic. Do you have your father's permission to be here?

Levi jones......you sin every day.....you are a pharisee, who are you to judge, judgements are sin too....who are you to judge people from the outside, your not jesus christ are you? what is it i believe gods justice is his mercy. You landover baptists are as regilious as they come...wicked unpure, and full of wack jobs. Jesus....equals love. yet here you are trying to con people into salvation by paying money? are you piffleing wacked? the price of salvation has been paid in full by christ blood...the only requirement is believe him doing so...and baptism is expressed as being something that should also be preformed. btw it isn't a judgement, if i've been given on to me "the true" for what your church is full of is pharisee's....the earth shall swallow you wretched :) piffle off and have a nice day......Pastor Ezekiel is speaking truth about your bullshit satanic church is being a bigot....PRAISE GOD i am a piffleing BIGOT and proud of it.

Levi Jones 03-13-2010 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GodsWrath (Post 486914)
Levi jones......you sin every day.....you are a pharisee, who are you to judge, judgements are sin too....who are you to judge people from the outside, your not jesus christ are you?

Listen here, you unsaved heathen. I am positively brimming with Christ's righteous love. I guess you have never actually bothered to read the Bible have you? Let me help you with a few selected verses on judgment.

1st Corinthians 6:2
Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
1st Corinthians 6:3
Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?.
John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Quote:

what is it i believe gods justice is his mercy.

God's justice can be mercy, if He chooses it be, but there are other times when it isn't.

Jeremiah 13:14
And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them.

Deuteronomy 7:2
And when the LORD thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor shew mercy unto them:

Quote:

Jesus....equals love.

Yes it does for His believers. As for the rest.

Matthew 24:37
But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. (Meaning God is going to destroy all who don't return His Love.)
Revelation 19:11-15
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Quote:

yet here you are trying to con people into salvation by paying money? are you piffleing wacked?

It's called tithing. If you were a Christian, you might have heard of it.

Quote:

the price of salvation has been paid in full by christ blood...the only requirement is believe him doing so...and baptism is expressed as being something that should also be preformed.

We aren't required to do good works? It's only by believing in God that we are saved?

Friend, Jesus disagrees with you.

Matthew 25:41-46
Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Quote:

btw it isn't a judgement, if i've been given on to me "the true" for what your church is full of is pharisee's....the earth shall swallow you wretched :) piffle off and have a nice day......Pastor Ezekiel is speaking truth about your bullshit satanic church is being a bigot....PRAISE GOD i am a piffleing BIGOT and proud of it.

Well, thank you for your completely non-judgmental diatribe against Landover Baptist Church and one of its Senior Pastors. :sarcasm:

Pastor Ezekiel 03-13-2010 11:31 PM

Quote:

Pastor Ezekiel is speaking truth about your bullshit satanic church is being a bigot....PRAISE GOD i am a piffleing BIGOT and proud of it.

Wait, I'm doing what? :huh:

That didn't even come close to making sense. This is a clear case of demon possession.

Haladin 03-14-2010 08:46 PM

So t passed a southern baptist church the other day and the police were crawling all over the place
turns out, they were getting rid of all the LSD that was in the church's basement

hmmmmmmmmm

guess he pops up everywhere doesn't he :devil: :fear2::fear2::fear2:

Rev. Jim Osborne 03-14-2010 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haladin (Post 487276)
So t passed a southern baptist church the other day and the police were crawling all over the place
turns out, they were getting rid of all the LSD that was in the church's basement

hmmmmmmmmm

That doesn't surprise me. Those Southern Baptists are not True Christians™. They are heretics that will burn in Hell.

Dani 25 03-14-2010 09:04 PM

I was browsing the internet and I came across this site unexpectedly. And I must say, the venom and hypocrisy I have found here disturbs me to the core. Is this what we are teaching our children? To despise the way a person chooses to display their personality? BY THE COLOR OF THEIR CLOTHING? That is no better than basing it off of the color of their skin. Satanists are not the only ones brought into this discussion, but anyone who would consider an alternative lifestyle, Christian or not. You are preachers, mothers, fathers, missionaries, and all of you are forgetting God's teachings of love, compassion, and respect. The Golden Rule, Galatians 5:14? How about the ninth commandment, in where you shall not bear false witness? A good portion of the list that you have displayed is NOT true about most of the people I have known to be Goth, as well as many of the accusations that have been brought forward in this thread. Also, read 1 John 4:20, as it plays key in this debate. My grandfather is a Baptist minister, and my grandmother a woman of the Mormon church, and they would both be ashamed and disgusted with the prejudice shown here. If I wanted my child to hate what was on the outside, I would let him become a Neo-Nazi. It is not the outside wrapper, it is what is inside that counts. And on the inside, we all bleed red. I am so happy that you can live with yourselves and tell your children to be good and follow the straight and narrow, when you are also telling them to hate someone just because they look different. In the end, there is one judge. And it sure as hell isn't you.

Pastor Ezekiel 03-14-2010 10:04 PM

You didn't bother to read what's been posted from the begining of this thread, did you. :glare:

Dani 25 03-14-2010 11:20 PM

In the end, there is still freedom of speech. Yes, it is your constitutional right to display this website, and it is your right to express your personal views. Even my husband has called me a "sassy mouthed bitch", without the Feminazi part (thank you, Pastor Ezekiel). I have read the disclaimer at the bottom of the page, and I am well aware that it is not the denomination that makes the person do what they do, it is the person and their opinion in the end. But the majority of things to look out for in this particular list do not necessarily describe one who is "Goth", merely a child who is certainly in need of some help- no matter their or their parent's affiliation. There are children who can dress like Beaver Cleaver and be on the Honor roll, with wholly devout parents in any denomination, who still act like this. I just find it extremely sad that the world still holds the views of "My God, My Religion is better than yours". Yes, in the end, your opinions are yours, and no one can take that from you. In school, I too dressed like this, and still do- and the amount of of harassment I faced from good Christian families whose kids wore even less than I did still rings in my ears. (I am NOT Satanist, before THAT gets taken out of context).

Pastor Ezekiel 03-14-2010 11:24 PM

While the internets might seem to be "free" to you, this particular corner of the internets is a privately owned Christian forum. The rights you have on this forum are listed HERE. Please contact a Pastor immediately if you feel that any of your rights have been violated.

Please make a thread of your own in the "Introductions" section of the forum, so that we can properly greet you. Tell us about yourself, your church, and how you came to find Jesus.

And if you're here to flame us, better take a look at THIS before making an even bigger ass out of yourself. :rtfm:

BelieverInGod 03-14-2010 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dani 25 (Post 487367)
In the end, there is still freedom of speech. Yes, it is your constitutional right to display this website, and it is your right to express your personal views. Even my husband has called me a "sassy mouthed bitch", without the Feminazi part (thank you, Pastor Ezekiel). I have read the disclaimer at the bottom of the page, and I am well aware that it is not the denomination that makes the person do what they do, it is the person and their opinion in the end. But the majority of things to look out for in this particular list do not necessarily describe one who is "Goth", merely a child who is certainly in need of some help- no matter their or their parent's affiliation. There are children who can dress like Beaver Cleaver and be on the Honor roll, with wholly devout parents in any denomination, who still act like this. I just find it extremely sad that the world still holds the views of "My God, My Religion is better than yours". Yes, in the end, your opinions are yours, and no one can take that from you. In school, I too dressed like this, and still do- and the amount of of harassment I faced from good Christian families whose kids wore even less than I did still rings in my ears. (I am NOT Satanist, before THAT gets taken out of context).

You have freedom of speech,

Nobody is stopping you from starting your own website.

Nobody is stopping you from printing off a newsletter and passing it out on street corners.

However coming into a private website and spouting off is equivalent to going uninvited into your neighbours house and spouting off. Would you appreciate that? No? Then why do it to others.

Levi Jones 03-15-2010 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dani 25 (Post 487289)

Hate filled rant that mentions two scriptures.

Interesting choice of scriptures.
Galatians 5:14
For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Who are our neighbors? Who are our brothers and sisters? It's our fellow True Christians™.

Matthew 12:47-50
While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him. Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.
But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?
And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

1 John 4:20
If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

See above for the Scripture in Matthew.

KarmaToy 03-16-2010 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Temperance (Post 1710)
25-Eats goth-related foods. Count Dracula cereal is an example of
this.

Its called Count CHOCULA.
just keep the facts straight if you want people to take you seriously
:thumbsup:

trizeno 03-18-2010 01:46 AM

Karmatoy and Dani25 are BOTH 100% correct. I want every person who agrees with Pastor Ezekiel to read this. This is not a flame, only an informed thought for you to ponder. A kid is tought Christianity and love and respect of god he finds salvation. Later in life he has an interest in certain types of music and literature and other hobbies including video games. Then according to people like you God doesnt love him anymore and that being different is synonomous with eternal damnation. How do you think that makes said child to feel about god? Have you ever considered that maybe their clothes is a fashion choice? That they like their "anti-social" music because of the complex riffs and the suprisingly meaningful lyrics. honostly its messed up when people try to promote their own image of what being a christian is when we all have our own personal relationships and ideas of god.

Brother Enoch 03-18-2010 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trizeno (Post 488661)
honostly its messed up when people try to promote their own image of what being a christian is when we all have our own personal relationships and ideas of god.

Whatnow? Not one of us True Christians™ 'have our own ideas of God'! What a ridiculous concept! We have the KJV 1611 Bible where God tells us exactly who HE is and what He expects of us!

You can make up what ever you want to believe about God. Have at it.

And enjoy Hell. :)

BelieverInGod 03-18-2010 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trizeno (Post 488661)
Karmatoy and Dani25 are BOTH 100% correct. I want every person who agrees with Pastor Ezekiel to read this. This is not a flame, only an informed thought for you to ponder. A kid is tought Christianity and love and respect of god he finds salvation. Later in life he has an interest in certain types of music and literature and other hobbies including video games. Then according to people like you God doesnt love him anymore and that being different is synonomous with eternal damnation. How do you think that makes said child to feel about god? Have you ever considered that maybe their clothes is a fashion choice? That they like their "anti-social" music because of the complex riffs and the suprisingly meaningful lyrics. honostly its messed up when people try to promote their own image of what being a christian is when we all have our own personal relationships and ideas of god.

That's fluffy bunny Christianity. It's not how to get into Heaven. Pastor Zeke has done many sermons on how you must follow the law of the Bible to the letter. Please read them, it's for your own good.

gm jack 03-18-2010 07:39 PM

Scripture or God has nothing against death metal... :innocent:

Rev. M. Rodimer 03-18-2010 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haladin (Post 487276)

hmmmmmmmmm

Indeed. Of course, Landover left the Southern Baptist Convention decades ago.

What church had the LSD? I'd love to see the news reports on it! I Googled, but didn't find anything.
Quote:

Originally Posted by trizero (Post 488661)

Hi, TriZero.

There is no "according to people like us".

They do evil works, like listening to Satanic death metal and playing violent video games not because God doesn't love them, but because they don't love God.

If they loved Him, they would follow His commands and focus on serving Him, not on their own pleasure.

God is not some magical wish-granting genie who exists only to make you happy. He is the Creator of the Universe, and we are His unquestioning servants. Those who think themselves above this role will spend eternity being tortured in the Lake of Fire.

gm jack 03-18-2010 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. M. Rodimer (Post 488869)
Indeed. Of course, Landover left the Southern Baptist Convention decades ago.

What church had the LSD? I'd love to see the news reports on it! I Googled, but didn't find anything.

Hi, TriZero.

There is no "according to people like us".

They do evil works, like listening to Satanic death metal and playing violent video games not because God doesn't love them, but because they don't love God.

If they loved Him, they would follow His commands and focus on serving Him, not on their own pleasure.

God is not some magical wish-granting genie who exists only to make you happy. He is the Creator of the Universe, and we are His unquestioning servants. Those who think themselves above this role will spend eternity being tortured in the Lake of Fire.

Hate to be a pedant, but generally, death metal stays fairly well clear of religion. It's black metal where they kill each other and burn churches (true story, seriously).

James Dewitt 03-19-2010 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gm jack (Post 488924)
Hate to be a pedant, but generally, death metal stays fairly well clear of religion. It's black metal where they kill each other and burn churches (true story, seriously).

Death metal, black metal or heavy metal whats the difference its all Satanic. Try soothing gospel:innocent:, Its Gods favorite.

gm jack 03-19-2010 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Dewitt (Post 488952)
Death metal, black metal or heavy metal whats the difference its all Satanic. Try soothing gospel:innocent:, Its Gods favorite.

Would that include Christian metal? It's a pretty broad term for no part of the genre in particular, but more for any with Christian lyrics.

Levi Jones 03-19-2010 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gm jack (Post 489098)
Would that include Christian metal? It's a pretty broad term for no part of the genre in particular, but more for any with Christian lyrics.

That has been discussed here.

I'll give you the gist of the supporting Scripture here.

Matthew 7:16-18
Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

Diversity 03-21-2010 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dani 25 (Post 487289)
I was browsing the internet and I came across this site unexpectedly. And I must say, the venom and hypocrisy I have found here disturbs me to the core. Is this what we are teaching our children? To despise the way a person chooses to display their personality? BY THE COLOR OF THEIR CLOTHING? That is no better than basing it off of the color of their skin. Satanists are not the only ones brought into this discussion, but anyone who would consider an alternative lifestyle, Christian or not. You are preachers, mothers, fathers, missionaries, and all of you are forgetting God's teachings of love, compassion, and respect. The Golden Rule, Galatians 5:14? How about the ninth commandment, in where you shall not bear false witness? A good portion of the list that you have displayed is NOT true about most of the people I have known to be Goth, as well as many of the accusations that have been brought forward in this thread. Also, read 1 John 4:20, as it plays key in this debate. My grandfather is a Baptist minister, and my grandmother a woman of the Mormon church, and they would both be ashamed and disgusted with the prejudice shown here. If I wanted my child to hate what was on the outside, I would let him become a Neo-Nazi. It is not the outside wrapper, it is what is inside that counts. And on the inside, we all bleed red. I am so happy that you can live with yourselves and tell your children to be good and follow the straight and narrow, when you are also telling them to hate someone just because they look different. In the end, there is one judge. And it sure as hell isn't you.

You are officialy my hero. I could not have expressed my opinion on this subject any better than you did. Thank you so much. :thumbsup:

Nobar King 03-21-2010 04:12 AM

We have no use for you Godless goths here in this forum.

Diversity 03-21-2010 05:30 PM

Yes. I'm a godless goth that listens to satanic death metal as I cut my wrist planning ways to kill innocent mortals. I start out each day cursing God and all who follow him. I don myself in black attire representing the misery of my black soul. I hate this world and any living creature that has ever walked on it. I feel violence toward everything. Killing babies is one of my favorite passtimes, right next to playing with my voodoo dolls.

James Dewitt 03-21-2010 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diversity (Post 489596)
Yes. I'm a godless goth that listens to satanic death metal as I cut my wrist planning ways to kill innocent mortals. I start out each day cursing God and all who follow him. I don myself in black attire representing the misery of my black soul. I hate this world and any living creature that has ever walked on it. I feel violence toward everything. Killing babies is one of my favorite passtimes, right next to playing with my voodoo dolls.

I will just say one thing Repent or Hell is your next stop, and its a long one ETERNITY!

gm jack 03-21-2010 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diversity (Post 489596)

You should try moving the wrist slitting until the end of the day, so you have more energy for a days slaughter and pillage.

James Dewitt 03-21-2010 06:09 PM

Jack, can I call you Jack?
Have you returned to Gods favorite Church to repent?
Jack Jesus is waiting for you to Love Him, do not refuse His Love.

Diversity 03-21-2010 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gm jack (Post 489605)
You should try moving the wrist slitting until the end of the day, so you have more energy for a days slaughter and pillage.

That is a great idea! If I do that, then I should be able to kill an adverage of 6 more people a day and have more time for my satanic rituals! Thank you so much!