The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Auntie Flo's Prayer Shack for Women (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   What Christians believe about Abortion (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=5362)

Father Septic Tank 11-26-2007 07:08 AM

Re: What Christians believe about Abortion

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enigmatic Harpo Marx (Post 111405)
Oh ya this guy is definately a Satanist. It's ok, don't be afraid some of us are friends to your cause. Show your true colors and fight with the rest of us.

Wrong again....not a Satanist at all.

:ph34r:

SalvationSeeker 11-26-2007 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Father Thomas Martin (Post 111384)
Okay...

When Jesus was praying to the Father, you say He was really praying to Himself?

Jesus was praying to the Father, who is one with Himself, the Son.
They're essentially one and the same, so yes.

And so you're saying the Son and the Father isn't one..? :angry:
You contradict the scriptures then, and so you're going to hell.
I and my Father are one.
John 10:30

You seem to think this is strange (because you are a natural & unsaved man), but remember that when Jesus was baptized, He accepted Himself as His own personal Savior.
So praying to Himself doesn't seem a very long stretch then, does it? :glare:

Quote:

Apparently you think so, as you say God's just one person, rather than ONE GOD, THREE PERSONS as True Christians believe.
Nonsense, heretic.
Lookit, we're the ones bringing the scripture, while you're only bringing your own say-so...
A True Christian is one who base his beliefs on the Bible, not man-made tradition and dogma like you papists! :glare:

SalvationSeeker 11-26-2007 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seeker (Post 111360)
Well my bad because I have been taught a couple of different things.

Incorrect things, that is..
Forget all that nonsense. Here at Landover Baptist, we will teach you the TRUTH, straight from the Word of God, the KJV1611 Bible.

Quote:

One is that the age of accountabilty that is really not even in the bible, so to say. All children are innocent because they don't understand sin yet. So they get a 'free' ticket if they die before hand.
Show me a verse that says lack of understanding is an excuse and an allowance to sin. :thumbdown:

Quote:

Even though they are born in sin, thanks to Adam. :innocent:
No. Thanks to Eve! :angry:
Read 1 Timothy 2:14

Quote:

Another one is babtism but that has been debunked since we know the thief on the cross made it by the hair on his chiny chin chin..
No.
The thief on the cross was forgiven by Jesus personally.
God changes His laws or makes exceptions to them as He pleases.
So the lesson is that: Unless God comes and says so Himself, baptism IS necessary. :thumbdown:

Quote:

So by your theory( I mean the word) are you saying that all children/babies are going to hell aborted or not because they are not able to understand Jesus at their time of death and life and they are SOL for living at that time?
A child CAN understand Jesus, and accept Him, and actually make excellent believers. Jesus says so Himself. (Luke 18:16)
A BABY may not be able to understand and accept Jesus, but that's no excuse.

Quote:

Reminds me of a ton of OT people.

Sweet. :jesus:
The OT people who were Saved, would have accepted Jesus Christ and is thus considered Saved after Jesus earthly ministry came too.
They actually HAD accepted Jesus already, even though He hadn't physically appeared to them.
But most OT people weren't Saved at all however, and that's part of the reason Jesus came.

Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.
John 7:16-17

Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me:
For I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
John 8:42

Enigmatic Harpo Marx 11-26-2007 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Father Septic Tank (Post 111408)
Wrong again....not a Satanist at all.:ph34r:

oh I know you don't think you are, but trust me when I say that Satan's got a deathgrip on your soul. Take some advice and turn to Satan to save your self from eternal, agonizing pain. He recognizes his own and will undoubtedly accept you with open arms.

Virginia Day Templeton 11-26-2007 04:51 PM

I agree with Brother Monty on this issue. When Demonrats slaughter a baby, they do so merely for the thrill of the kill, for the sexual high it gives them to have hot viscera oozing between their fingers, while Godly Republicans always have the best interests of Christendom in mind when they make the painful choice to bring a pregnancy to a premature close. We shouldn't get them mixed up.

Brother Temperance 12-01-2007 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Father Thomas Martin (Post 111298)
Yes,
The Father IS God.
The Son IS God.
The Holy Spirit IS God.

BUT:

The Father is NOT the Son.
The Son is NOT the Holy Spirit.
The Father is NOT the Holy Spirit.

What you're proposing is the heresy of Modalism, saying God is one Person wearing three "masks," rather than three unique Persons in one same God, as TRUE CHRISTIANS believe!

So how do you get worshipping Mary out of any of that?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Father Septic Tank (Post 111408)
Wrong again....not a Satanist at all.

You might as well be. You're going to Hell either way.

Orelia 06-12-2008 07:11 PM

12 "Speak to the Israelites and say to them: 'If a man's wife goes astray and is unfaithful to him
13 by sleeping with another man, and this is hidden from her husband and her impurity is undetected (since there is no witness against her and she has not been caught in the act),
14 and if feelings of jealousy come over her husband and he suspects his wife and she is impure—or if he is jealous and suspects her even though she is not impure-
15 then he is to take his wife to the priest. He must also take an offering of a tenth of an ephah of barley flour on her behalf. He must not pour oil on it or put incense on it, because it is a grain offering for jealousy, a reminder offering to draw attention to guilt.
16 " 'The priest shall bring her and have her stand before the LORD.

17 Then he shall take some holy water in a clay jar and put some dust from the tabernacle floor into the water.
18 After the priest has had the woman stand before the LORD, he shall loosen her hair and place in her hands the reminder offering, the grain offering for jealousy, while he himself holds the bitter water that brings a curse.
19 Then the priest shall put the woman under oath and say to her, "If no other man has slept with you and you have not gone astray and become impure while married to your husband, may this bitter water that brings a curse not harm you.
20 Butif you have gone astray while married to your husband and you have defiled yourself by sleeping with a man other than your husband'"-
21 here st is to put the woman under this curse of the oath-"may the LORD cause your people to curse and denounce you when he causes you to ' have a miscarrying womb and barrenness.
22 May this water cause you to be barren and have a miscarrying womb " " 'Then the woman is to say, "Amen. So be it."
23 " 'The priest is to write these curses on a scroll and then wash them off into the bitter water.
24 He shall have the woman drink the bitter water that brings a curse, and this water will enter her and cause bitter suffering.
25 The priest is to take from her hands the grain offering for jealousy, wave it before the LORD and bring it to the altar.
26 The priest is then to take a handful of the grain offering as a memorial offering and burn it on the altar; after that, he is to have the woman drink the water.
27 If she has defiled herself and been unfaithful to her husband, then when she is made to drink the water that brings a curse, it will go into her and cause bitter suffering; she will have barrenness and a miscarrying womb, and she will become accursed among her people.
28 If, however, the woman has not defiled herself and is free from impurity, she will be cleared of guilt and will be able to have children.

I'm REALLY confused right now! PlEASE clarify things out for me! :wacko:
You see, I know these texts really well! I recognize them because they were main texts we were given to study! :o I have studied the original ones in my classes, they are so old that the ink that was used to write them was made of ashes, animal blood, tree sap, bone powder and much more, and the paper dated from a time conciding with when they claimed it was written... so it was original sacred texts! NOT a copy... yet our professor taught us that these were sayings used by the Greeks, and the textes accompanying these phrases were clearly depicting Greek people and their Greek beliefs, everything coincided together perfectly! The texts were among Greek textes that talked of the life of Greek people, their accomplishments and great monuments.... but I'm confused now!

Please ANYONE help me out! :(
I would like to know more about this! Why are Greek rules also Christian rules? I thought they had different beliefs than Christians! Do you know anything about this? :wacko: Now I'm really confused!! There is NO mistake, THESE were THE SAME EXAAACT TEXTS, and they were really old and dated from the right time period. :o????? Also, our pastors have NEVER shown us these writings, NEVER EVER, and none of our people know of these writings, except for those who attend university religion classes. :wacko:

Orelia 06-12-2008 07:26 PM

may he make thy thigh to rot, and may thy belly swell and burst asunder. Let the cursed water enter into thy belly, and may thy womb swell and they thigh rot." 15:21-22 King James Version

This is one of the textes I mentioned. We were taught that these were GREEK beleifs. There are ancient original textes that depict this very belief, in fact we had access to the entire scene that goes with this text. The woman is brought to the sacrificial altar, and the the "priest" makes her drink the drink (made of rotten and diseased-fill animal remains, poisonus ink, and dust from the altar), in front of the spirits and gods (they mention gods in the text, I don't want to offend anyone but that is what was written!) and the idea is if she cheated and the child is not hers, then an evil spirit will enter her body and get rid of the baby. If she did not cheat, then she gets blessed by the goddess Athena and she may be clensed of all guilt (once more I don't wan't to offend anyone but the text mentions the Greek goddess Athena!!! I swear I did not misread!). This phrase
"asunder. Let the cursed water enter into thy belly, and may thy womb swell and they thigh rot." is only a tiny part of the whole text, the text goes on talking of spirits and Greek tradition and of pagan gods! :o ???? The teacher made it clear that it was greek, and it was definitely not from King James!

Please enlighten me! Why are Greek texts Christian texts? What do they have to do? Christians are not like Greeks are they? :wacko::wacko::wacko:

I am further confused with other saying I have seen mentioned many times! :( Like things that say "women should not speak in church but let her husband explain things to her after the church is over" I'm sorry I don't remember where it is posted so I can't remember exactly what it says... but we have studied texts like this in university religion classes too! :o
They are the same texts and saying that the Jews used!!! :( The sacred original Jewish texts had those EXACT sayings as the ones I saw about women having to keep quiet and much more! But I thought you guys HATED Jews? So why follow sayings that Jews follow? :o

Please I really need answers cause I don't understand how this all sticks together! :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 06-12-2008 11:12 PM

Why are Greek texts Christian texts? Because Greeks are Christians!

Look, we don't that archeology stuff that so many false-christians are obsessed with. Trying to dig up proof only proves your lack of faith. That's why we cheered when Bagdad museam got trashed: it's just brocken pottery, and only whining losers care about it, as Anne Coulter famously pointed out.

The only thing related to archeology that I ever cared for was Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, which was a fascinating way to learn about Hinduism and Hindu rituals.

Mrs. Betty Bowers 07-20-2008 03:04 AM

You don't need "facts" when you have Jesus!

Praise!

Oakland "Reb" Griner 06-30-2009 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachael Van Helsing (Post 110834)
I believe I already made a thread on this subject. The bible is more pro-abortion than against. And, there are more quotes saying that life begins with the first breath, and not conception.

I concur. Scripture is clear, ensoulment occurs at the first breath. Prior to that, we do not have an entity that can experience knowledge of good and evil. Therefore, aborted fetuses and stillborns neither go to heaven or hell. They weren't and aren't, so to speak.

I will even speculate that a child birthed on a submarine (with mechanically processed air) will not ensoul until the vessel breaches the surface and the hatch is opened.

JennyD 07-02-2009 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metatron13 (Post 351655)
I concur. Scripture is clear, ensoulment occurs at the first breath.

Where was that, again?

Oakland "Reb" Griner 07-02-2009 04:54 AM

Genesis 2:7

(KJV)

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

God is telling us how souls are conveyed, via the breath, and that which breatheth not, liveth not. And I don't mean live as in alive. Many things are alive; birds, trees, mushrooms, kidneys, etc., but only an ensouled human being (i.e. a breathing human being) is capable of choosing between good and evil, right and wrong, Christ and idolatry, and that is what is meant by a living soul.

Please realize, this man formed of the dust of the ground, by God, would have been a perfect physical specimen, in every way indistinguishable from us, except, it was unensouled !! That is what seperates us, the SOUL !! (praise God !!) from the plants, and the animals, the fungus and the Joos !!!

/

sylvian 09-14-2009 09:20 AM

How will abortion issues affect the election?I know several women who are voting for Obama in part because McCain is pro-life and I know that the issue will hurt Obama in more conservative states. With two supreme court justices probably being nominated in the next four years, abortion laws are certainly in the balance again. Will abortion affect your vote?

Pastor Ezekiel 09-14-2009 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sylvian (Post 399735)
How will abortion issues affect the election?I know several women who are voting for Obama in part because McCain is pro-life and I know that the issue will hurt Obama in more conservative states. With two supreme court justices probably being nominated in the next four years, abortion laws are certainly in the balance again. Will abortion affect your vote?

Uhm....Lady, the election is over with...:huh:

Please make a thread of your own in the "Introductions" section of the forum, so that we can properly greet you. Tell us about yourself, your church, and how you came to find Jesus.

BabyDoc 09-15-2009 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Betty Bowers (Post 212097)
You don't need "facts" when you have Jesus!

Praise!

Proverbs 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge; Fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Betty Bowers you sound like a fool. Jesus is the only fact there is!

shadeofwinter 03-09-2010 12:06 AM

I grieve every time I have a period, as it means my egg has failed to give life to my husband's sperm. So a life is basically lost every month I do not concieve!

MsPhoenixFire 03-14-2010 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadeofwinter (Post 485299)
I grieve every time I have a period, as it means my egg has failed to give life to my husband's sperm. So a life is basically lost every month I do not concieve!

You "grieve" if you want to, Me I shall rejoice with every period cause it means one more month that I do not have to deal with diapers, bottles or a screaming child attached to my hip. PRAISE GOD my children are past that age.

BelieverInGod 03-14-2010 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsPhoenixFire (Post 487332)
You "grieve" if you want to, Me I shall rejoice with every period cause it means one more month that I do not have to deal with diapers, bottles or a screaming child attached to my hip. PRAISE GOD my children are past that age.

Wow, you must of been a great mom. Do you remind them daily how much you hated them?

MsPhoenixFire 03-29-2010 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BelieverInGod (Post 487382)
Wow, you must of been a great mom. Do you remind them daily how much you hated them?

I don't hate them,never have, never will. I love them with all I have in me. Since my last post I have found out that after 8 years of not getting pregnant. I am expecting yet again, (That is if I'm able to carry to term) Am I happy about being pregnant with my children so close to being grown? NO I AM NOT!! Will I deal with it and love him/her just as I did my other children? Yes, I will, but I can't still hate diapers, bottles and a screaming baby. All I ask is for a quiet and content baby, Oh yeah and healthy.

BelieverInGod 03-29-2010 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsPhoenixFire (Post 495720)
I don't hate them,never have, never will. I love them with all I have in me. Since my last post I have found out that after 8 years of not getting pregnant. I am expecting yet again, (That is if I'm able to carry to term) Am I happy about being pregnant with my children so close to being grown? NO I AM NOT!! Will I deal with it and love him/her just as I did my other children? Yes, I will, but I can't still hate diapers, bottles and a screaming baby. All I ask is for a quiet and content baby, Oh yeah and healthy.

Well perhaps you should pick up some books by the Pearls or by James Dobson, they will teach you how to raise a child in a Godly manner.

I feel for your children though, that hatred comes through.

Cranky Old Man 03-29-2010 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsPhoenixFire (Post 495720)
Since my last post I have found out that after 8 years of not getting pregnant. I am expecting yet again

Don't you see this is a sign! Don't you see that God brought you to this forum and granted you an extra child for a reason! It is not too late! You can still go from dark to light! Start reading that Hole Bible. Now you know why!

MsPhoenixFire 03-30-2010 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cranky Old Man (Post 495738)
Don't you see this is a sign! Don't you see that God brought you to this forum and granted you an extra child for a reason! It is not too late! You can still go from dark to light! Start reading that Hole Bible. Now you know why!

Let's see right this is a parody site meant for my entertainment and nothing more and as for the impending arrival, that can be explained as well, my tubal failed after 8 years I knew it would. No sign no "godly" miracle other than letting my fiancee know he was not infertile like he once thought.

MsPhoenixFire 03-30-2010 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BelieverInGod (Post 495734)
Well perhaps you should pick up some books by the Pearls or by James Dobson, they will teach you how to raise a child in a Godly manner.

I feel for your children though, that hatred comes through.

Sorry to burst your little bubble, but I hold no hatred toward my family just to the diapers and bottles that I need to use, I gonna nurse this child, and probably look look into early toilet training instead of diapers.
At least I didn't abort right?

Levi Jones 03-30-2010 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsPhoenixFire (Post 495935)
Sorry to burst your little bubble, but I hold no hatred toward my family just to the diapers and bottles that I need to use, I gonna nurse this child, and probably look look into early toilet training instead of diapers.
At least I didn't abort right?

You might be saved through childbirth. How many different fathers do you children have?

MsPhoenixFire 03-30-2010 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levi Jones (Post 495936)
You might be saved through childbirth. How many different fathers do you children have?

Twin daughters by my first husband (One daughter passed away as did their father) one son by my second husband (Once again passed away) and this one by my fiancee (still alive and kicking)

Levi Jones 03-30-2010 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsPhoenixFire (Post 495937)
Twin daughters by my first husband (One daughter passed away as did their father) one son by my second husband (Once again passed away) and this one by my fiancee (still alive and kicking)

Wait, you have two dead husbands?

Either way. It's allowed, it's just not good according to Paul.

1 Corinthians 7:8-9
I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, it is good for them if they abide (remain unmarried) even as I. But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn.

On the other hand, Timothy seems to be encouraging remarriage of widows lest they become a burden on the Church for women under the age of 60.

1 Timothy 5:5,9
Now she that is a widow indeed, and desolate, trusteth in God, and continueth in supplications and prayers night and day.
Let not a widow be taken into the number under threescore years old, having been the wife of one man.

I hope this clears everything up.

MsPhoenixFire 04-01-2010 03:36 AM

According to the vows I took, they said "till death do we part" I (according to that) am free to wed again if I so choose. Besides I love my fiancee and am bearing HIS first child, Hopefully a son as he wants.

Pastor Ezekiel 04-01-2010 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsPhoenixFire (Post 497307)
According to the vows I took, they said "till death do we part" I (according to that) am free to wed again if I so choose. Besides I love my fiancee and am bearing HIS first child, Hopefully a son as he wants.

If you're with child and unmarried, then you're a whore. That's the plain truth.

And what's wth all this "ms" stuff? Are you a lesbean? :huh:

MsPhoenixFire 04-01-2010 03:40 AM

[QUOTE=Pastor Ezekiel;497310]If you're with child and unmarried, then you're a whore. That's the plain truth.

If you say so, but I know different.

And what's wth all this "ms" stuff? Are you a lesbean? Let's see I'm with child so I believe that would be a no, but you'll believe what you want to.

Pastor Ezekiel 04-01-2010 03:44 AM

[QUOTE=MsPhoenixFire;497312]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 497310)
If you're with child and unmarried, then you're a whore. That's the plain truth.

If you say so, but I know different.

And what's wth all this "ms" stuff? Are you a lesbean? Let's see I'm with child so I believe that would be a no, but you'll believe what you want to.

Why are you here? This is a Christian forum, not a feminazi whine bar. Have you even made a thread of your own in the "introductions" section of the forum? Do you have your fiancee's permission to be posting here? :rtfm:

MsPhoenixFire 04-01-2010 03:47 AM

[QUOTE=Pastor Ezekiel;497315]
Quote:

Originally Posted by MsPhoenixFire (Post 497312)

Why are you here? This is a Christian forum, not a feminazi whine bar. Have you even made a thread of your own in the "introductions" section of the forum? Do you have your fiancee's permission to be posting here? :rtfm:

As a matter of fact I did make my introduction thread months ago when I first entered your forum, and yes, as I am on bed rest I do have my fiancee's consent to be online as long as I stay on here and no where else, He will check.

greggorymcflar 04-04-2010 02:42 PM

Why would you ruin something that god gave you? I hope all the harlots who have abortions rot in hell. :angry:

John Smith 04-04-2010 02:53 PM

a womans right to choose is a basic human right and should be left up the her to decide the best course of treatment for an unwanted pregnancy.

Cranky Old Man 04-04-2010 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Smith (Post 499325)
a womans right to choose is a basic human right and should be left up the her to decide the best course of treatment for an unwanted pregnancy.

I have to admit that in some very special cases, e.g. your mother when she was pregnant of you, abortion might seem the right choice. But now matter how you twist it, it is murder! Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations."

John Smith 04-04-2010 03:09 PM

but what if it just isnt the right time for her or it was an accident or shes too young or she was raped or it was incest or it would harm her career or she just plain doesnt want children?

Cranky Old Man 04-04-2010 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Smith (Post 499339)
but what if it just isnt the right time for her or it was an accident or shes too young or she was raped or it was incest or it would harm her career or she just plain doesnt want children?

Why does what she wants matter at all? Your really believe "it would harm her career" is enough reason to murder an unborn child?

John Smith 04-04-2010 03:25 PM

very narrowminded.

Cranky Old Man 04-04-2010 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Smith (Post 499356)
very narrowminded

So it is narrow minded to want to protect an unborn child from murder? You would have preferred your mother to kill you before you were born?

Rumm 04-04-2010 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeb Thurmond (Post 108076)

Sometimes. When God orders us to murder, it is "smiting".

For example, the Bible clearly states that pregnant criminals should be executed:

This is revolting