The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The Freehold Truth and Light Baptist newspaper (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Arkansas Woman Killed in Mistaken Rapture (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=6382)

Pastor Ezekiel 12-29-2007 01:47 PM

Arkansas Woman Killed in Mistaken Rapture

Arkansas Woman Killed in Mistaken Rapture
December 28, 2007

ARKANSAS CITY (EAP) -- A Little Rock woman was killed yesterday after leaping through her moving car's sunroof during an incident best described as a "mistaken rapture" by dozens of eye-witnesses.

Thirteen other people were injured after a twenty-car pile-up resulted from people trying to avoid hitting the woman, who was apparently convinced that the rapture was occurring when she saw twelve people floating up into the air, and then passed a man on the side of the road who she believed was Jesus.

"She started screaming `He's back! He's back!' and climbed out through the sunroof and jumped off the roof of the car," said Everet Williams, husband of 28-year-old Georgann Williams who was pronounced dead at the scene.

"I was slowing down but she wouldn't wait till I stopped," Williams said. "She thought the rapture was happening and was convinced that Jesus was gonna lift her up into the sky," he went on to say.

"This is the strangest thing I've seen since I've been on the force," said Paul Madison, first officer on the scene.

Madison questioned the man who looked like Jesus and discovered that he was on his way to a toga costume party, when the tarp covering the bed of his pickup truck came loose and released twelve blow-up sex dolls filled with helium, which then floated up into the sky.

Ernie Jenkins, 32, of Fort Smith, who's been told by several of his friends that he looks like Jesus, pulled over and lifted his arms into the air in frustration and said "Come back," just as the Williams' car passed him, and Mrs. Williams was sure that it was Jesus lifting people up into heaven as they drove by him.

"I think my wife loved Jesus more than she loved me," the widower said when asked why his wife would do such a thing.

When asked for comments about the twelve sex dolls, Jenkins replied "This is all just too weird for me. I never expected anything like this to happen."

Dennis 12-29-2007 05:14 PM

Re: Arkansas Woman Killed in Mistaken Rapture

Now every knows that the rapture is not going to take place till the second tuesday next week.... Sheesh..,.

Talitha 12-29-2007 05:25 PM

That would have been such an easy mistake to make.
We all know End of Times is due any moment and seeing people floating off into the air would frighten any concerned Christian afraid of being left behind.

I think this Woman deserves our Prayers in Church tomorrow.

Sister Noddy 12-29-2007 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sister Talitha (Post 122384)

That would have been such an easy mistake to make.

We all know End of Times is due any moment and seeing people floating off into the air would frighten any concerned Christian afraid of being left behind.

I think this Woman deserves our Prayers in Church tomorrow.

Ooooh Sister, what an uplifting story! Gosh!

I feel utterly sure that Jesus would have let her into Heaven anyway, she loved Him that much (even though it wasn't the real rapture)

Praise! :yahoo:

Brother Guy Bayard 12-30-2007 12:17 AM

After reading this story I cried and cried. It was as though all the air had been forcefully expelled from my lungs, and the almighty love of Jesus was crushing my ribcage. Such was the power of this experience, I passed water involuntarily during this seizure, and blacked out.
Several seconds passed before I was capable of standing and breathing once more.
My soul yet still cries with joy that this woman loved Our Saviour that she was ready at the drop of a hat to follow our Lord Jesus up to heaven in Rapture.
That she was mistaken is no biggie - she'll be in Heaven now anyway...everyones a winner.
Her Husband must be extremely proud...
She is a role model to our wimmensfolk. If she was Cathylik, she would have been made a Saint - still, salvation is about as good a reward as you can get, right?

Father Thomas Martin 12-30-2007 06:20 AM

If the Rapture's here, can I get back to burning you at the stake like we did 500 years ago in Spain?

Pastor Ezekiel 12-30-2007 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Father Thomas Martin (Post 122508)
If the Rapture's here, can I get back to burning you at the stake like we did 500 years ago in Spain?

When the Rapture comes, I almost pity you ring kissers. Once Jesus gets His loving hands on you you'll regret every bead you ever counted, every altar boy you ever buggered, every statue you ever bowed down to. GLORY!!

Mrs. Mary Whitford 12-31-2007 01:21 AM

Phew! I feel a lot less silly now, as the same thing almost happened to me once! I was driving through Freehold one day when I went past a giant inflatable Jesus that Freehold Light Baptist Radio was using to promote their station. Anyway, I thought the Lord had returned, and in the excitement I lost control of my Ferrari and crashed it into Mr. Frank Landry's Winnebago!
Long story short, I now get around in a Lincoln Town Car driven by Ranjit, my Hindon't driver who may be doomed to Hell, but at least won't mistakenly think he's about to be Raptured.

Ahimaaz Smith 01-01-2008 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Guy (Post 122441)
Such was the power 0f this experience, I passed water involuntarily during this seizure, and blacked out.

I do hope there was no wall nearby.

Quote:

If she was Cathylik, she would have been made a Saint
How true. They don't even bother to fake the miracles anymore (I hear that John Paul II is going to be canonized on the basis of passing out dozens of bandaids to heal cuts and abrasions during World War II). But I agree, this was a powerful story demonstrating Jesus' Divine Love and Mercy.

H. Montague Worthington 01-03-2008 05:08 PM

That is a terribly sad story. That poor woman!

But one thing from the story disturbed me....

Quote:

Ernie Jenkins, 32, of Fort Smith, who's been told by several of his friends that he looks like Jesus,
Mr. Jenkins ought to shave his beard or dye his blond hair darker to prevent this from happening more often.

roberto 10-21-2009 09:33 PM

why no responses?

JennyD 10-21-2009 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roberto (Post 413174)
why no responses?

There was a whole page full of them, and it's a nearly two-year-old dead thread!

What are you, the new gravedigger in town?

Dutch Girl 05-21-2011 10:31 PM

How many "raptures" does it take before you people realize it is never going to happen? :wacko:

Marisa L Sanchez 05-21-2011 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutch Girl (Post 753870)
How many "raptures" does it take before you people realize it is never going to happen? :wacko:

Hmmm. This rapture thing is something I'm not getting either Dutch Girl. I'm trying to learn here but....'rapture'?

Hmmm. I'm not so convinced. A bit fairy-tale, no?

(like your photo by the way - is that you? You look kind of nice-happy-wacky!):thumbsup:

Johny Joe Hold 05-22-2011 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marisa L Sanchez (Post 753888)
Hmmm. This rapture thing is something I'm not getting either Dutch Girl. I'm trying to learn here but....'rapture'?

Hmmm. I'm not so convinced. A bit fairy-tale, no?

(like your photo by the way - is that you? You look kind of nice-happy-wacky!):thumbsup:

I can understand why you ladies might not understand the rature. It is something only we who are rapture-ready can understand.

People who do not sin are rapture ready. It's nice.