The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Focus on Family - Christian Parenting (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   What can you do if your daughter refuses to marry her rapist?? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=16536)

Rachael Van Helsing 10-19-2008 05:44 AM

Re: What can you do if your daughter refuses to marry her rapist?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Al E Pistle (Post 252329)
You people had better start reading the Bible a bit more often. It isn't the girl's choice. If the man liked it when he "went in unto her" and pays the father, she belongs to him. He has no obligation to marry her. If he didn't enjoy the experience, he can case her aside. The woman is then a whore and must be stoned for whoredom.

If she somehow escapes that fate, and the family fails to kill her as Honor dictates, she can never be married because she is not a virgin.

Eeesh. It never ceases to amaze me that the laws and ways of primitives from many years ago is considered an appropriate 'roadmap' and 'acceptable guidelines' for the people of today. :bad:Or any people at all, for that matter..

OneTrueFaith 10-19-2008 09:15 AM

May I suggest you rape the rapist?

Mr. Old Iron Crotch 10-19-2008 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachael Van Helsing (Post 252338)
Eeesh. It never ceases to amaze me that the laws and ways of primitives from many years ago is considered an appropriate 'roadmap' and 'acceptable guidelines' for the people of today. :bad:Or any people at all, for that matter..

Agreed. I can understand people living by those laws a few thousand years ago when they didn't know any better. The world has changed; I advise you people to change with it.

Rachael Van Helsing 10-19-2008 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hateful Bigot (Post 252399)
Agreed. I can understand people living by those laws a few thousand years ago when they didn't know any better. The world has changed; I advise you people to change with it.

Good luck convincing these people, if I didn't know any better I'd say they were brought here from many, many years ago in a time machine. :lol: And then given instructions on how to use a computer. :fie:

Pastor Isaac Peters 10-19-2008 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachael Van Helsing (Post 252401)
Good luck convincing these people, if I didn't know any better I'd say they were brought here from many, many years ago in a time machine. :lol: And then given instructions on how to use a computer. :fie:

So, Mrs. Van Hatred-for-Jesus, are you saying that morality changes minute by minute? How is it that what was moral back then is such a heinous violation of human rights now?

Pastor Isaac Peters 10-19-2008 12:20 PM

Quote:

God Almighty gave us those laws. Are you suggesting that He didn't know better? How can that even be?

Pastor Isaac Peters 10-19-2008 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hateful Bigot (Post 252280)
A rapist probably won't be a christian, true or otherwise, so if your daughter is raped by, say, a muslim or wiccan or atheist, would you still insist she marry him?

How do you know that it isn't part of God's plan to save that mooselimb, wickedan, or God-denier and let that person produce new soldiers for Jesus?

1 Cor. 7:14: For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

Do you want to deny that person the chance for salvation? How can you be so cruel?

Pastor Ezekiel 10-19-2008 12:33 PM

Quote:

Here's the problem with your theory, butterscotch: GOD NEVER CHANGES. :angry:

Quote:

Malachi 3:6
For I am the Lord, I change not.

Rachael Van Helsing 10-19-2008 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Isaac Peters (Post 252433)
So, Mrs. Van Hatred-for-Jesus, are you saying that morality changes minute by minute? How is it that what was moral back then is such a heinous violation of human rights now?

No, I'm saying that people are more civilized now that the barbarian tribes that inhabited the lands where the various parts of the bible were written, all those years ago. You might as well be following laws written by cavemen. Hell, THOSE are probably more civilized.

Original Gothster 10-19-2008 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachael Van Helsing (Post 252443)
No, I'm saying that people are more civilized now that the barbarian tribes that inhabited the lands where the various parts of the bible were written, all those years ago. You might as well be following laws written by cavemen. Hell, THOSE are probably more civilized.

I agree that the people around here can be a little harsh, but they do believe in Jesus, so they can't be all bad, right? I came here looking for help to quit heroin and to quit tricking. And I'm clean still, so they've helped.

As far as the other stuff, well they don't pay so well down at the rehab center, and a girls gotta eat right? But I'm trying and reading that King James Bible helps I guess. But it's so hard to understand sometimes.

Mr. Old Iron Crotch 10-19-2008 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Isaac Peters (Post 252434)
God Almighty gave us those laws. Are you suggesting that He didn't know better? How can that even be?

No, I'm saying that the world and society have changed since those laws were written.

Me, I don't agree with those laws at ANY time, but I can see them having a purpose three maybe four thousand years ago. Today? Nope. Not happening, folks.

eliot mayfield 10-19-2008 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hateful Bigot (Post 252695)
No, I'm saying that the world and society have changed since those laws were written.

Me, I don't agree with those laws at ANY time, but I can see them having a purpose three maybe four thousand years ago. Today? Nope. Not happening, folks.

You think God couldn't see the future?

Mr. Old Iron Crotch 10-19-2008 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eliot mayfield (Post 252696)
You think God couldn't see the future?

I never said that.
I think God thinks we have enough common sense that we can figure out, for ourselves, that the world is changing and laws need to change with it.
He's right..... for most of the human race. Not so sure about you guys.

Pastor Isaac Peters 10-20-2008 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hateful Bigot (Post 252748)
I think God thinks we have enough common sense that we can figure out, for ourselves, that the world is changing and laws need to change with it.

Where is that in the Bible? Also, how do you reconcile it with the following verse?

Prov. 3:5: Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Rachael Van Helsing 10-20-2008 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Original Gothster (Post 252672)
I agree that the people around here can be a little harsh, but they do believe in Jesus, so they can't be all bad, right?

The Jesus of the bible is not some loving hippie who goes around throwing flowers on rifles. Very few people have actually *read* the NT, except for the bits they cherry-pick. Most xtians these days are what I like to call salad bar xtians, ie they pick and choose.

If they actually read the WHOLE THING, they would realize the Jesus of the bible is a far cry from the loving, wishy washy, Herculean 'hero' that most seem to think of.

Callisto 10-20-2008 05:19 AM

I'm curious about something. Say a man rapes a boy. Does he then have to marry the boy, or do they both have to be stoned as abominations?

Ammiel Habakuk 10-20-2008 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Callisto (Post 252911)
I'm curious about something. Say a man rapes a boy. Does he then have to marry the boy, or do they both have to be stoned as abominations?

A man marrying another man is complete and utter abomination to the eyes of the LORD. The raper should be stoned, and the boy put into the BASH program, to be de-demonized and brought back into this Church's loving arms, asking Baby Jesus for forgiveness on his weakness. There is always a chance of forgiveness, as promised by Christ Jesus, even for shameless harlots like yourself.

Callisto 10-20-2008 06:10 AM

So the altarboy doesn't get any blame for stirring up the lust of the priest, for example?

Mrs. Mary Whitford 10-20-2008 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Callisto (Post 252960)
So the altarboy doesn't get any blame for stirring up the lust of the priest, for example?

Bad example, trollop. Papists are so committed to rebelling against God that it takes no special prodding to commit any sin. The only reason you don't hear of priests doing worse is because household pets can't launch lawsuits.

Pastor Ezekiel 10-20-2008 11:36 AM

Quote:

How dare you blame the innocent victims of preistal rape! Is that how you atheistic scum get your jollies? :angry:

Old Iron Crotch 10-20-2008 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 253008)
How dare you blame the innocent victims of preistal rape! Is that how you atheistic scum get your jollies? :angry:

So if a boy gets raped, it's the rapist's fault, but if a girl gets raped, it's her fault? Gods, but you are twisted.

Rachael Van Helsing 10-20-2008 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Iron Crotch (Post 253024)
So if a boy gets raped, it's the rapist's fault, but if a girl gets raped, it's her fault? Gods, but you are twisted.

But of course. We women are lustful harlots, daughters of Eve, born to seduce every man we see with our lustful, quivering flesh. :sarcasm:

Mr. Old Iron Crotch 10-20-2008 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 253008)

But if a priest rapes a girl, it was her fault?
That is, quite possibly, the most blatently sexist thing I have ever read here. Congratulations! You're a tard!

Pastor Billy-Reuben 10-20-2008 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hateful Bigot (Post 253053)
But if a priest rapes a girl, it was her fault?

Who has ever heard of a Catholic priest raping a girl! :rofl:

Pastor Billy-Reuben

Mr. Old Iron Crotch 10-20-2008 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Billy-Reuben (Post 253091)

Pastor Billy-Reuben

Ya got me. It's usually the Baptist pastors who rape little girls.

Mrs. Mary Whitford 10-20-2008 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hateful Bigot (Post 253106)

Typical LIEberal smear-mongering. :thumbdown:

Pastor Ezekiel 10-21-2008 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hateful Bigot (Post 253106)

You are a blatant liar. I defy you to show any proof of that idiotic statement. :angry:

Lithium 10-22-2008 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Billy-Reuben (Post 253091)

Pastor Billy-Reuben

haha, actually this is a good joke :lol:

Ammiel Habakuk 10-22-2008 05:32 AM

Quote:

The fact that you keep stirring up men's lust doesn't mean everyone's like you, harlot. Remember, tithing some of that money would start cleaning your sins in the eyes of the LORD.

Old Iron Crotch 10-22-2008 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammiel Habakuk (Post 253901)
Remember, tithing some of that money would start cleaning your sins in the eyes of the LORD.

My gods don't need money. How sad that your god is so limited that he needs funding from outside sources.

Rachael Van Helsing 10-22-2008 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Libra (Post 253887)
haha, actually this is a good joke :lol:

?????
How and in what possible reality is the idea of anyone raping anyone a 'good joke'? :wacko:

Mr. Seth Cochran 10-22-2008 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachael Van Helsing (Post 253966)
?????
How and in what possible reality is the idea of anyone raping anyone a 'good joke'? :wacko:

This thread isn't about a joke. It's about a commandment. Get back on topic. If you don't have something to contribute, leave.

I'd sit down with the girl and explain to her what God requires of her. She acted like a harlot and got what was coming to her. She should be begging Jesus for forgiveness. Marrying her rapist is the least of her repayments to God.

Rachael Van Helsing 10-22-2008 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repentant Fool (Post 254002)
This thread isn't about a joke. It's about a commandment. Get back on topic. If you don't have something to contribute, leave.

The irony here is just staggering. :lol:
Perhaps you might read my reply in context before delivering your missive, hmm? ;)

Quote:

I'd sit down with the girl and explain to her what God requires of her. She acted like a harlot and got what was coming to her. She should be begging Jesus for forgiveness. Marrying her rapist is the least of her repayments to God.
Fortunately for her and for every woman in the Western world, society's laws do not agree with you.

Pastor Ezekiel 10-22-2008 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachael Van Helsing (Post 254006)

Fortunately for her and for every woman in the Western world, society's laws do not agree with you.

Not for long, witch. :glare:

Rachael Van Helsing 10-23-2008 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 254013)
Not for long, witch. :glare:

To any voters reading this.....read this and VOTE FOR OBAMA McCain! He may not be perfect but otherwise someone like these people me WILL WIN! :fear2:

Pastor Ezekiel 10-23-2008 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachael Van Helsing (Post 254337)
To any voters reading this.....read this and VOTE FOR OBAMA! He may not be perfect but otherwise someone like these people WILL WIN!

This post has been forwarded to the DOF. You'll be in GITMO by Christmas. :angry:

Rachael Van Helsing 10-23-2008 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachael Van Helsing (Post 254337)
To any voters reading this.....read this and VOTE FOR OBAMA McCain! He may not be perfect but otherwise someone like these people me WILL WIN! :fear2:

Ok, whoever changed my post, give readers some credit. They'd have to know that I wouldn't vote for McCain! Sheeesh.

Quote:

This post has been forwarded to the DOF. You'll be in GITMO by Christmas. :angry:
Hey, so long as Obama's in the white house instead of McCain.

Old Iron Crotch 10-23-2008 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 254494)

DOF? What a crock. According to you, they were supposed to come for me a long time ago.

Ammiel Habakuk 10-23-2008 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Iron Crotch (Post 254547)
DOF? What a crock. According to you, they were supposed to come for me a long time ago.

Getting a witch like you would be a waste of tithing money. Someone as dull as you is pretty much harmless.

Old Iron Crotch 10-23-2008 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammiel Habakuk (Post 254586)
Getting a witch like you would be a waste of tithing money. Someone as dull as you is pretty much harmless.

Tithing to Landover is a waste of money.