The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   WEDDING BELLS! - Christian Wedding Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Hitting Women is Neccessary (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=99321)

Miracle Hope 05-20-2014 08:07 PM

Hitting Women is Neccessary
 
Ephesians 5: 25-30
25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; 26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, 27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. 28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. 29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church: 30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

A Follower 05-20-2014 08:26 PM

Re: Hitting Women?
 
Of course we follow Ephesians 5: 25-30.

We do exactly to women as we would to our own bodies, we know how God tells us to handle evil and we will do as He requires.
Mark 9:43
And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

Proverbs 10:13
In the lips of him that hath understanding wisdom is found: but a rod is for the back of him that is void of understanding.

Proverbs 20:30
The blueness of a wound cleanseth away evil: so do stripes the inward parts of the belly.

Proverbs 26:3
A whip for the horse, a bridle for the ass, and a rod for the fool's back.
And of course the combination of the following verses also shows us what Jesus expects from husbands.
1 Peter 3:1
Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;

Luke 12:47-48
And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.
But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.
Next time you want to correct a True Christian™, consider reading the entire Bible instead of googling a verse that seems (when seen out of context) to fit your opinion. We are Christians, we follow the God in all His commandments, not just the ones that liberals agree with.

Miracle Hope 05-20-2014 08:41 PM

Re: Hitting Women?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by A Follower (Post 1090071)
Of course we follow Ephesians 5: 25-30.

We do exactly to women as we would to our own bodies, we know how God tells us to handle evil and we will do as He requires.
Mark 9:43
And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

Proverbs 10:13
In the lips of him that hath understanding wisdom is found: but a rod is for the back of him that is void of understanding.

Proverbs 20:30
The blueness of a wound cleanseth away evil: so do stripes the inward parts of the belly.

Proverbs 26:3
A whip for the horse, a bridle for the ass, and a rod for the fool's back.
And of course the combination of the following verses also shows us what Jesus expects from husbands.
1 Peter 3:1
Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;

Luke 12:47-48
And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.
But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.
Next time you want to correct a True Christian™, consider reading the entire Bible instead of googling a verse that seems (when seen out of context) to fit your opinion. We are Christians, we follow the God in all His commandments, not just the ones that liberals agree with.

But it says to nourish and cherish it. And no blemish. Wouldn't wounds be blemishes?

Basilissa 05-21-2014 12:24 AM

Re: Hitting Women?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Miracle Hope (Post 1090076)
But it says to nourish and cherish it. And no blemish. Wouldn't wounds be blemishes?

No.

Proverbs 20:30 The blueness of a wound cleanseth away evil: so do stripes the inward parts of the belly.

Godfly 05-21-2014 01:20 AM

Re: Hitting Women?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Miracle Hope (Post 1090067)
Ephesians 5: 25-30
25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; 26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, 27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. 28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. 29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church: 30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

I'm not sure you understand. Nobody here is advocating hitting a woman who doesn't deserve it.

Miracle Hope 05-21-2014 02:04 AM

Re: Hitting Women?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Godfly (Post 1090115)
I'm not sure you understand. Nobody here is advocating hitting a woman who doesn't deserve it.

Sometimes it sounds a little like she didn't do anything. But I guess it's just cause I'm a feeble minded woman.

Des 05-21-2014 02:27 AM

Re: Hitting Women?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Miracle Hope (Post 1090125)
Sometimes it sounds a little like she didn't do anything. But I guess it's just cause I'm a feeble minded woman.

You seem to over-think things, Pumpkin. It's very unbecoming of a woman.

Mary Thompson 05-21-2014 09:13 AM

Re: Hitting Women is Neccessary
 
Hopefully your father/husband will beat some sense in you.

Miracle Hope 05-21-2014 11:58 AM

Re: Hitting Women is Neccessary
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Thompson (Post 1090171)
Hopefully your father/husband will beat some sense in you.

My husband doesn't beat me.

Mother Of Seven 05-21-2014 12:22 PM

Re: Hitting Women is Neccessary
 
That's your problem then.

Russell Holbeck 05-21-2014 01:02 PM

Re: Hitting Women is Neccessary
 
Hello Miracle Hope.

I have been reading your posts and I do not know if you are telling us everything however nobody wants to get punished but sometimes it is necessary. I had to wear an ankle monitor for a few weeks after my wife died and there were helicopters and it was in the newspaper but looking back I would have rather been beaten and be done with it.

Thank you.

Rusty

Thinks Design 05-21-2014 01:13 PM

Re: Hitting Women is Neccessary
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Miracle Hope (Post 1090182)
My husband doesn't beat me.

And neigther should he :(

Women are wonderful creatures, full of love and sensitivity. Women are equal to men and have more intuition and feeling in their little fingers that men have in a whole arm.

If your husband really does love you he will show his love by treating you equally.

You see the Designer made every one for a purpose. People are different but when you average it out people end up being equal.

Just look at the races the Designer made. People from Scandinavia are big and strong to be able to move through snow, black people can run very fast but are poor swimmers, the Japanese are smaller than normal people but are more cunning and know karate.

We are all different but the Designer made sure we are all good at something.

ThinksDesign

Mother Of Seven 05-21-2014 01:17 PM

Re: Hitting Women is Neccessary
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinks Design (Post 1090192)
If your husband really does love you he will show his love by treating you equally.

Wrong. If your husband really does love you, he will hit you to ensure you spend eternity in the embrace of Jesus.

Miracle Hope 05-21-2014 04:09 PM

Re: Hitting Women is Neccessary
 
My husband doesn't beat me. A husband shouldn't beat his wife. He should DISCIPLINE her but not beat her. Beating is against secular law.

Marko Loimaan-Aho 05-21-2014 04:33 PM

Re: Hitting Women is Neccessary
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Miracle Hope (Post 1090212)
My husband doesn't beat me. A husband shouldn't beat his wife. He should DISCIPLINE her but not beat her. Beating is against secular law.

You were a virgin week ago (another thread in the introduction forum) - then you were raped and found a husband that way.

But he does not beat you?

:yawn:

Mary Etheldreda 05-21-2014 04:58 PM

Re: Hitting Women is Neccessary
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Miracle Hope (Post 1090212)
My husband doesn't beat me. A husband shouldn't beat his wife. He should DISCIPLINE her but not beat her. Beating is against secular law.

How do you know?

I don't mean that flippantly dear, but as a sincere question. How do you know how a husband should treat his wife. If you say the Holy Bible can be trusted to provide insight, then why do you ignore parts of it? If you say modern ethical arguments provide insight, then you cannot be a Christian and are against Christ (Luke 11:23). So... how do you know?

Miracle Hope 05-21-2014 05:27 PM

Re: Hitting Women is Neccessary
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marko Loimaan-Aho (Post 1090216)
You were a virgin week ago (another thread in the introduction forum) - then you were raped and found a husband that way.

But he does not beat you?

:yawn:

I'm not sure you're listening to me. I am a VIRGIN! I was never raped! I was just married. Okay? :facepalm: And because we only went to the courthouse and got married is that a sin? Or should I plan a wedding? :wub:

Basilissa 05-21-2014 05:33 PM

Re: Hitting Women is Neccessary
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Miracle Hope (Post 1090227)
I'm not sure you're listening to me. I am a VIRGIN! I was never raped! I was just married. Okay? :facepalm: And because we only went to the courthouse and got married is that a sin? Or should I plan a wedding? :wub:

You say that you're still a virgin after a week of marriage. Are you that ugly that he doesn't want to be with you? :o

Anyway, if he doesn't rise up to the occasion soon, so to speak, you have grounds to annul the marriage. :)

Or did you marry an inmate in a prison?

Attila's Wife 05-21-2014 05:37 PM

Re: Hitting Women is Neccessary
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Basilissa (Post 1090228)
You say that you're still a virgin after a week of marriage. Are you that ugly that he doesn't want to be with you? :o

Anyway, if he doesn't rise up to the occasion soon, so to speak, you have grounds to annul the marriage. :)

Or did you marry an inmate in a prison?

That could well be the answer, Sister Basilissa. Maybe he was in the courthouse on his way to jail, i.e. on trial, and they got married while the jury was out?

Anyway, a "marriage" in a courthouse (even an imaginary one) does not count as a true marriage before God. :thumbdown:

YiC
AW
:jesus:

Miracle Hope 05-21-2014 06:10 PM

Re: Hitting Women is Neccessary
 
Then I guess he'll have to re-ask my father. And I have to plan a wedding. Then I guess it's good we waited before trying to make Soldiers for Christ. I wanted to know but I didn't know who to ask. So I asked my husband if we could and he said it was okay.

Marko Loimaan-Aho 05-21-2014 07:00 PM

Re: Hitting Women is Neccessary
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Miracle Hope (Post 1090238)
Then I guess he'll have to re-ask my father.

How many times he'll have to ask your father?
You can not make a christian marriage with a man like that

Mary Etheldreda 05-21-2014 08:40 PM

Re: Hitting Women is Neccessary
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marko Loimaan-Aho (Post 1090216)
You were a virgin week ago (another thread in the introduction forum) - then you were raped and found a husband that way.

But he does not beat you?

:yawn:

A man married to a woman and no consummation of marriage?

I don't know what this means, but it's interesting is all I'm saying.

:limp-wrist:

Attila's Wife 05-21-2014 08:49 PM

Re: Hitting Women is Neccessary
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda (Post 1090255)
A man married to a woman and no consummation of marriage?

I don't know what this means, but it's interesting is all I'm saying.

:limp-wrist:

You mean a "man" with a name like, say, Gerhard? Married to a "woman", with a name like - well, let's not even go there. We are talking about a sort of double abomination, aren't we?

I feel a bit sick now, but will do my best to pray for everyone concerned.

Des 05-21-2014 11:08 PM

Re: Hitting Women is Neccessary
 
You've been married for a week, you're still a virgin, and your husband doesn't bea...ummm, discipline you. Have you asked him if he's gay? 'Cause I'm thinkin' gay.

Godfly 05-22-2014 12:51 AM

Re: Hitting Women is Neccessary
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Des (Post 1090274)
You've been married for a week, you're still a virgin, and your husband doesn't bea...ummm, discipline you. Have you asked him if he's gay? 'Cause I'm thinkin' gay.

Or a eunuch.

Miracle Hope 05-22-2014 01:47 AM

Re: Hitting Women is Neccessary
 
He is not gay. I'm pretty sure you don't beat your wives. That would be abuse. Y'all just give them a couple of 'love taps'. And his name is Johnnie. Not Gerhard. Or what I think is supposed to be Gerard. And you don't always have to make Soldiers for Christ the second you get married. Some True Christians decided to wait. There something about it on these forums.

Mary Etheldreda 05-22-2014 01:52 AM

Re: Hitting Women is Neccessary
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Miracle Hope (Post 1090298)
He is not gay.

Perhaps you are more offensive looking than you realize. Was he very drunk when you exchanged your wedding vows?

:huh:

Des 05-22-2014 01:58 AM

Re: Hitting Women is Neccessary
 
Does your local zoo call and ask to press your face in dough to make gorilla cookies?

Have you noticed vultures and coyotes vomiting when they make eye contact with you?

Does the local science club film your face while making a documentary about the surface of the moon?

Did the nastiest guy in high school bring a picture of a dead hooker to prom instead of asking you?

If you answered yes to any of these, you may have a problem with chronic ugly.

Mary Etheldreda 05-22-2014 02:03 AM

Re: Hitting Women is Neccessary
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Des (Post 1090302)
Does your local zoo call and ask to press your face in dough to make gorilla cookies?

Have you noticed vultures and coyotes vomiting when they make eye contact with you?

Does the local science club film your face while making a documentary about the surface of the moon?

Did the nastiest guy in high school bring a picture of a dead hooker to prom instead of asking you?

If you answered yes to any of these, you may have a problem with chronic ugly.


Can someone pray away Coyote Ugly? I don't recall any Scripture pertaining to such a malady.

:hmmm:

Des 05-22-2014 02:10 AM

Re: Hitting Women is Neccessary
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda (Post 1090304)
Can someone pray away Coyote Ugly? I don't recall any Scripture pertaining to such a malady.

:hmmm:

Nor do I, Sister. But rest assured, we'll get a bun in this poor, homely creature's oven! You're suggestion on the introduction thread should work fine for her. It did the job with Noah and his daughters. Glory!

Miracle Hope 05-22-2014 06:15 AM

Re: Hitting Women is Neccessary
 
Well, I agree with you, and y'all still seem to think I'm evil or something. :(

Mary Thompson 05-22-2014 06:21 AM

Re: Hitting Women is Neccessary
 
It's clear that Hope-miracle is a sufferer of Chonric Ugliness. And her husband (if she isn't indeed lying about being able to marry someone) sounds like a homo. I hear covering your face with a bag makes your husband more likely to do his marital duties to you.
But if that doesn't work, he is totally gay. There are plenty of threads here on symptons of a gay man. So check them out then see if you can annul your marriage.

MitzaLizalor 05-22-2014 08:04 AM

Re: Hitting Women is Neccessary
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinks Design WARNING QUOTE contains DRIVEL
You see the Designer made every one for a purpose. People are different but when you average it out people end up being equal.

Just look at the races the Designer made. People from Scandinavia are big and strong to be able to move through snow, black people can run very fast but are poor swimmers, the Japanese are smaller than normal people but are more cunning and know karate.


MitzaLizalor 05-22-2014 11:42 AM

Re: Hitting Women is Neccessary
 
I was rather surprised to see that last post (mine) but checked and sure enough Miss Design was indeed posting about small nimble Japanese having the advantage. Due to karate. Unlike in the video where there wasn't much opportunity for the small nimble one to actually use karate. But I digress.

Perhaps it is the husband who is the toad here, married off by his father at the first (and probably not early, in that case) opportunity? From Mrs Hope's defensive tone, and I appreciate "oh there's nothing wrong with my husband, there isn't, there isn't, there isn't, there isn't," she's doing her wifely duty here, perhaps Mr Woo has a product available?

Miracle Hope 05-22-2014 08:56 PM

Re: Hitting Women is Neccessary
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Des (Post 1090302)
Does your local zoo call and ask to press your face in dough to make gorilla cookies?

Have you noticed vultures and coyotes vomiting when they make eye contact with you?

Does the local science club film your face while making a documentary about the surface of the moon?

Did the nastiest guy in high school bring a picture of a dead hooker to prom instead of asking you?

If you answered yes to any of these, you may have a problem with chronic ugly.

No. None of these have ever happened. If I go out to church or the grocery store, I get compliments because people think I'm pretty. And he's not gay. I just thought it would be better to have waited on the sex.

MitzaLizalor 05-22-2014 10:57 PM

Re: Hitting Women is Neccessary
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Miracle Hope (Post 1090389)
No. None of these have ever happened. If I go out to church or the grocery store, I get compliments because people think I'm pretty. And he's not gay. I just thought it would be better to have waited on the sex.

But just think what would happen if you died unexpectedly before that first child?
I TIMOTHY 2
14
And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.
KJV .. look up . context
No matter how sober or holy or charitable or faithful you are without the child The Bible is clear. HELL FOREVER. And even if you do produce a son but slip up on the sobriety condition, getting drunk on your 100th birthday and disgracing your husband for example or maybe questioning God's Plan during a visit to Africa, whoooooooooooooooooooops!!

It's that important. Your husband offers you an opportunity for Salvation and you're all like ..um ..cool ..later.
HEBREWS 6
4
For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
7 For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:
8 But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.
KJV .. look up

Freddy Osborne 05-24-2014 01:49 AM

Re: Hitting Women is Neccessary
 
God has rightfully humiliated this spineless husband who failed to keep his wife in line. His own daughter will probably be slapping him around before this is over...

http://m.wyff4.com/news/battered-man...abuse/26131666

By Liz Lohuis
Published On: May 22 2014 10:45:55 PM EDT
Updated On: May 23 2014 12:29:01 AM EDT
Share on facebook Share on twitter

OCONEE COUNTY, S.C. -
An Upstate man is sharing his story of domestic abuse to let other men know they are not alone.

In April, Sumi Marie Jenkins was charged after police said she chased her husband with a butcher knife, tried to stab him in the back and choked their daughter.

At a silent auction for a new domestic violence shelter in Oconee County, Keith Jenkins shared his story.

He said the abuse has been going on for years.

“It started with me being slapped, then things were thrown at me, then it progressed to me being hit with a car, and finally to the point where there was a knife in my throat,” said Jenkins.

He said no matter where him and his children run, his wife always finds him.

“Yesterday we moved for the fourth time in a month to get away from her. It's just been a relentless storm of threats and promises of what she is going to do and will do and there is no way to stop her,” said Jenkins.

He says in the last month alone, more than 20 police reports have been filed.

“She gets locked up, two days later she's out and it starts again,” said Jenkins.

Jenkins said there's a stigma associated with domestic violence, and it's even greater when men are the victims.

“It happened to me. I am 6 feet 2 inches and 240 pounds, and she is 98 pounds but look at what happened to me,” said Jenkins.

Safe Harbor, a shelter for domestic violence victims, wants Jenkins to know there is hope.

“I am often asked the question, ‘What about the men?’ There is help for the men. The same help we give the women, we give the men,” said Safe Harbor volunteer Kay Davis.

Davis said the new Safe Harbor shelter, set to open this summer, provides counseling and legal advocacy for both men and women.

They also provide temporary housing for men.

She said Jenkins is taking the right first step by telling his story.

“The whole idea is to stop whispering about it. Let's shout if from the rooftops,” said Davis.

Jenkins said he wants to be the voice of all men in a similar nightmare.

“If somebody today sees this, somebody somewhere, and realizes, ‘Hey, I can do this same thing and get out of a situation,' that may be one less person who dies over nonsense,” said Jenkins.

A ribbon-cutting for the new Safe Harbor shelter will be held in Oconee County on July 8.



Mother Of Seven 05-24-2014 09:37 AM

Re: Hitting Women is Neccessary
 
The problem is dear, that you've been lying all this time. You do not live in Kentucky. In Kentucky, the marriage ceremony can be performed by any ordained or licensed clergymen who have been licensed in Kentucky to perform weddings, and justices of the peace. You do not need to marry first in a court house. You enter the church unmarried and you leave it married. Because you lied about where you live, this has caused much confusion. Which European country do you live in?
And God hates liars. Proverbs 12:22 Lying lips are abomination to the LORD: but they that deal truly are his delight.

Miracle Hope 05-27-2014 03:59 PM

Re: Hitting Women is Neccessary
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother Of Seven (Post 1090595)
The problem is dear, that you've been lying all this time. You do not live in Kentucky. In Kentucky, the marriage ceremony can be performed by any ordained or licensed clergymen who have been licensed in Kentucky to perform weddings, and justices of the peace. You do not need to marry first in a court house. You enter the church unmarried and you leave it married. Because you lied about where you live, this has caused much confusion. Which European country do you live in?
And God hates liars. Proverbs 12:22 Lying lips are abomination to the LORD: but they that deal truly are his delight.

I didn't want to spend money on a wedding so we just went to the courthouse.

Mary Etheldreda 05-27-2014 04:37 PM

Re: Hitting Women is Neccessary
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Miracle Hope (Post 1091277)
I didn't want to spend money on a wedding so we just went to the courthouse.

Please don't waste Jesus' precious bandwidth with irrelevant and uninteresting trivia. Kindly start praising the Sweet Redeemer, or go find some other community that might find some interest in your silly fables.

:)


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:19 PM.

Powered by Jesus - vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Landover Baptist Forums © 1620, 2018 all rights reserved