The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Teaching His Word (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Things that the Bible doesn't say (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=17749)

Mary Etheldreda 04-13-2018 04:44 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by keseos (Post 1231321)
I have read what he had wrote and that only goes against wearing the other genders clothes not being a different gender. so before you type try to actually understand what it means rather then letting your hateful view blind you.

You're confused, dear. Mr. Much doesn't hate anyone. He's a hopeless liberal who loves everyone and everything except Jesus, America, and Grandmothers. I think one day he will buy some beads and then perhaps a leather band to go around his head; some feathers and bells, and a book of Indian Lore. I believe he will ask the chamber of commerce how to get to Haight street and smoke an awful lot of dope. He will wander around barefoot. He will have a psychedelic gleam in his eye at all times. He will love everyone. He will love the police as they kick the shit out of him on the street.

True Christians™ don't hate the icky trans folk either. We just know they make Jesus so angry and revolted that He'd rather die a painful death on the Cross than let them into Heaven with Him they way they are. Where are your sympathies, dear? Have you no compassion for the Lord thy God who suffered a terrible long weekend to destroy death on your behalf, if only you'd humble yourself and accept your place in creation?

Didymus Much 04-13-2018 06:28 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by keseos (Post 1231321)
I have read what he had wrote and that only goes against wearing the other genders clothes not being a different gender...

So, until every verse in the Bible covers every imaginable sin, you'll just "oh this bit doesn't cover that" your way out of everything? :rolleyes:

Here's some more to ponder while you try to come up with SCRIPTURE (and not just more of your own opinion) addressing my contentions? :)

Genesis 5:2 "Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created."

Genesis 2:24 "Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh."

Please note that those are not framed as suggestions to follow at your convenience or whim.

handmaiden 04-15-2018 01:05 AM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
If God is indeed perfect, as the Bible says, then His original creations were expressions of His perfect workmanship.

All "imperfection" or deviation from anything that The Lord created in its original form results from sin, and such deviations can be viewed as sins in and of themselves.

Did God err in making a person one gender, simply because that person "feels" like a different gender? How dare anyone suggest such a thing? To live out a life in an identity or body other than that assigned by Almighty God is flagrant disobediance of His Authority.

For that reason alone, Satan was cast out of heaven. For that reason alone, Adam and Eve were cast out of the Garden and the human race was marred by a nature inclined to sin.

For that reason, Jesus died and rose again so that we might be restored to our former place with God. Jesus paid the blood price for sin in order to restore us to what we once were. He did not come to earth, teach, suffer, die and resurrect Himself so that people could make themselves less like God intended them to be from the beginning.

The very concept of "trans-" anything is a step further away from God's original creation, not closer.


If you truly love Jesus and worship God, you don't look for excuses or loopholes in the Bible so you can keep doing what you want. You look for ways that you can glorify God and strengthen your relationship with Him.

You offer yourself and your will to Jesus as a sacrifice on a daily basis. You ask Him to show you ever more clearly how you can obey Him without even having to consult the Bible for "do's and don'ts" because you want to be more like Him and less like the un-saved you.

You don't sit Jesus down for a talk and say, Yeah, well, here's the thing. You screwed up with me right from the start. That sperm of my dad's with the Y chromosome? It should have been an X. . . I feel like an XX, is what I'm saying.
And I've double checked our relationship agreement, and there is nothing in there that says that I can't live like an XX or take chemicals and dress up to look like an XX. So, I'm going to do that and go around telling people that I have your blessing because nowhere in the Bible did you say that I can't go with the XX thing even though you fashioned me from the womb to be an XY. 'K?

Try playing that game with some other rules. If you want to eat in a restaurant that has a sign stating, "No shirt, no shoes, no service" you don't walk in with shoes tied together, dangling around your neck so that they cover your nipples while your feet remain bare. And using even an expensive dress shirt tied around your pelvic area as a loin-cloth isn't going to impress the management.

Well, that's not exactly what we meant with our sign, but, gosh that's a Brooks Brothers shirt covering the guy's junk. And those wingtips are Ferragamo! Hell, this guy is the best dressed dude in the whole place! Bet he's a great tipper!

MitzaLizalor 04-24-2018 08:59 AM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
How long before they start deciding their "real" identity is XXX
or XYY
or XXYY or XXXX
what about XX/XXY/XXYYY in a mosaic distribution?

because let's face it, once The Bible is thrown out the window..

It didn't start with Cole Porter of course we know who to blame and where from?


I John 3:8b Sin is of the devil for the devil sinneth from the beginning.


.

Yeager 09-04-2018 12:19 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Isaac Peters (Post 268363)
Nice one. There are unsaved trash who actually think that the Bible says that Jesus had long hair. I have to explain patiently to them that paintings done by Eurotrash Romanist sodomites during the Christ-hating "Renaissance" aren't the Bible; only the Bible is the Bible.


Here are some supporting verses:
Now, I know that this one pertains to levitical priests, but in relvations it says that we are all to be kings & priests; so I will include it.


Ezekiel 44:
19 And when they go forth into the utter court, even into the utter court to the people, they shall put off their garments wherein they ministered, and lay them in the holy chambers, and they shall put on other garments; and they shall not sanctify the people with their garments.


20 Neither shall they shave their heads, nor suffer their locks to grow long; they shall only poll their heads.


21 Neither shall any priest drink wine, when they enter into the inner court.


Now, for the proof that we are to be kings & priests:
Relevations 1:


5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,


6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.


Also another passage about hair:


Leviticus 19:7:
Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard.

MitzaLizalor 09-07-2018 01:43 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
The Bible does not say that "venerating" a statue is not idolatry, as for instance suggested here:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChristiCrusader (Post 1234454)
2. The Catholic Church is not polytheistic. Keep in mind that venerating saints is not the same as worshipping them.


JakubDovac 04-27-2019 09:03 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Sin is "missing the mark"

Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. 1 John 3:4

MitzaLizalor 04-29-2019 10:07 AM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JakubDovac (Post 1250550)
Sin is "missing the mark"

Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. 1 John 3:4

Which mark exactly are you referring to?

Collinslaw 04-29-2019 03:01 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
You hear a lot of heathens say that all religions have "one God" but this erroneous and a misplaced belief. The bible says in john 3:16-18For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

MitzaLizalor 04-30-2019 05:35 AM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
John 3:16-18 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

You are quite right, false religions believe in false gods. I really have trouble understanding how anyone could believe that all religions have the same "God" because some religions have stacks of gods.

Africans, for example, have goblin idols by the million! Indians go wild for the things! They may say that there's an overarching god exuding "Prana" or "Ntu" vivifying their goblins but that is nothing like God. He has made it abundantly clear to us that He has nothing to with idols. The passage from John you quoted also reveals what happens to followers of false religion.

No-one believing in idols accepts either the words or the nature of Christ. In the short preamble to verse 16 this is brought out rather well. As usual, full context is available by clicking on the hoverlink.

John 3:14-15 As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.


..Thank you Jesus

Thank you Lord

Collinslaw 04-30-2019 02:43 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MitzaLizalor (Post 1250724)
John 3:16-18 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
You are quite right, false religions believe in false gods. I really have trouble understanding how anyone could believe that all religions have the same "God" because some religions have stacks of gods.

Africans, for example, have goblin idols by the million! Indians go wild for the things! They may say that there's an overarching god exuding "Prana" or "Ntu" vivifying their goblins but that is nothing like God. He has made it abundantly clear to us that He has nothing to with idols. The passage from John you quoted also reveals what happens to followers of false religion.

No-one believing in idols accepts either the words or the nature of Christ. In the short preamble to verse 16 this is brought out rather well. As usual, full context is available by clicking on the hoverlink.
John 3:14-15 As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

..Thank you Jesus

Thank you Lord

Mattew 10:32-33


Therefore whoever confesses Me before men,him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven. But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.


John 20:31


but these have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in His name.




1 john 5:1
Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and whoever loves the Father loves the child born of Him.

Isabella White 04-30-2019 02:59 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Collinslaw (Post 1250768)
Mattew 10:32-33

Therefore whoever confesses Me before men,him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven. But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.

John 20:31

but these have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in His name.

1 john 5:1
Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and whoever loves the Father loves the child born of Him.

Amen, Collinslaw, Amen! And thank you for such an excellent exhortations. My, it does the heart good to read such uplifting Scripture, does it not? By the way, I must apologize to you for one of my postings to you yesterday, during which I addressed you as "Miss Collinslaw". I did not notice your avatar at that time, and I believe I had assumed (quite mistakenly and unintentionally) that you are a female, when the avatar shows you are a male. I hope I am now correct and that I have your forgiveness. I mean, you are a male, are you not? Surely, you are not one of those confused "tranny people" who seek medical mutilation to change "her" parts to "his" parts? Surely not. A blessed day to you, dear Mister Collinslaw. Sincerely, Isabella W.

Collinslaw 04-30-2019 03:06 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Isabella White (Post 1250771)
Amen, Collinslaw, Amen! And thank you for such an excellent exhortations. My, it does the heart good to read such uplifting Scripture, does it not? By the way, I must apologize to you for one of my postings to you yesterday, during which I addressed you as "Miss Collinslaw". I did not notice your avatar at that time, and I believe I had assumed (quite mistakenly and unintentionally) that you are a female, when the avatar shows you are a male. I hope I am now correct and that I have your forgiveness. I mean, you are a male, are you not? Surely, you are not one of those confused "tranny people" who seek medical mutilation to change "her" parts to "his" parts? Surely not. A blessed day to you, dear Mister Collinslaw. Sincerely, Isabella W.

:o:D:D I can't even remember that you ever wronged me.I don't know if its a gift from God but I find it hard to be erred by people except if its so extreme

Isabella White 04-30-2019 03:15 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Collinslaw (Post 1250774)
:o:D:D I can't even remember that you ever wronged me.I don't know if its a gift from God but I find it hard to be erred by people except if its so extreme

Oh, thank you, dear Brother Collinslaw. I believe my comment was in regard to that video of the homersexualistic people doing a song about juicing. I appreciate your taking time from your busy writing schedule to respond to me. A blessed day to you, Dear. Sincerely, Isabella W.

Mary Etheldreda 04-30-2019 04:01 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Collinslaw (Post 1250768)
Mattew 10:32-33...

If you have a point to make dear, please do so. We here at Landover Baptist are intimately familiar with the Holy Word of God.

Collinslaw 04-30-2019 04:30 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda (Post 1250798)
If you have a point to make dear, please do so. We here at Landover Baptist are intimately familiar with the Holy Word of God.

Thanks ,As a true Christian. I thank God for His Word and love

BibleReader2231 04-30-2019 08:24 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
^But you aren’t a True Christian™️ Yet.

Didymus Much 04-30-2019 08:45 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Collinslaw (Post 1250818)
Thanks ,As a true Christian. I thank God for His Word and love

Quote:

Originally Posted by BibleReader2231 (Post 1250868)
^But you aren’t a True Christian™️ Yet.

He didn't capitalize "true", or use the ™, so he's not claiming that.

Collinslaw 04-30-2019 09:23 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BibleReader2231 (Post 1250868)
^But you aren’t a True Christian™️ Yet.

I am, I don't have poor self esteem nor am I ignorant. I am wise in Christ even if the world sees me as a fool for the gospel here in Africa.

God dictates who are his children.those of us true Christians know because we know that a child of God does not commit sin irrespective of whether you are black or white,or whether you are Jew or gentile, or whether you are Indian or European ,or poor or rich ,whether you are little or great








Romans 8:14


For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.




1 john chapter 3 verses 6-9


Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

MitzaLizalor 05-03-2019 02:41 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Are you in Africa?


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:21 PM.

Powered by Jesus - vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Landover Baptist Forums © 1620, 2022 all rights reserved