The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The Thrifty Christian (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Tithing Reminder: DON'T JEW JESUS! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=50073)

Mrs. Mary Whitford 09-12-2010 06:16 PM

Tithing Reminder: DON'T JEW JESUS!

An important reminder when it comes to tithing a MINIMUM of 10% - that's a MINIMUM of 10% from your GROSS income, NOT your NET. Don't jew Jesus, He KNOWS when He's being gypped!

Pastor Ezekiel 09-12-2010 06:19 PM

Re: Tithing Reminder: DON'T JEW JESUS!

Amen sister. :threaten:

Quote:

Mal 3:8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.

Ofc. Don W. Richards 09-13-2010 12:26 AM

Skimping on your tithe is thievery plain and simple.

If elected Sheriff, I will see to it that anybody found skimping on tithe will be subject to prosecution the same way an common criminal would be.

Except that you will prosecuted to a fuller extent of the law as you are not just robbing your fellow man, you are robbing God.

Billy Bob Jenkins 09-13-2010 01:12 AM

Quote:

Haggai 2:8 The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, saith the LORD of hosts.

Glory! Don't forget this scripture!

Daisy Mae Johnson 09-13-2010 05:46 AM

I had to shake down Little Old Lady Wilson at Church today so she would put more money in the tithe box.

She is one of the cheapest broads I know. Sure, her husband died last year and left her a heap of medical bills, but that doesn't mean she can cheat JESUS. Sheesh, she's so cheap you'd think she was a joo.

I made her cry, but she finally gave an extra $20 for the tithe box. :thumbsup:

I'm sure JESUS is very proud of me for doing that for HIM. :innocent:

Rev. M. Rodimer 09-13-2010 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BibleThumpinBlonde (Post 598649)
I had to shake down Little Old Lady Wilson at Church today so she would put more money in the tithe box.

She is one of the cheapest broads I know.

Isn't she the lady with all the gold fillings?

Daisy Mae Johnson 09-13-2010 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. M. Rodimer (Post 598652)
Isn't she the lady with all the gold fillings?

Why, she sure is Brother. You have a good memory.

Rev. M. Rodimer 09-13-2010 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BibleThumpinBlonde (Post 598659)
Why, she sure is Brother. You have a good memory.

Hard to forget, Sister. When she smiled, for a moment I was blinded by the glare! Thought you'd let a rapper in, wearing his "grill".

At her age, I bet she'd do better with a nice set of dentures. :thumbsup:

Pastor Ezekiel 09-14-2010 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BibleThumpinBlonde (Post 598649)

She is one of the cheapest broads I know. Sure, her husband died last year and left her a heap of medical bills, but that doesn't mean she can cheat JESUS. Sheesh, she's so cheap you'd think she was a joo.

I made her cry, but she finally gave an extra $20 for the tithe box. :thumbsup:

I'm sure JESUS is very proud of me for doing that for HIM. :innocent:

I'm sure proud of you, sister. :wub:

PetitionLady 03-26-2011 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Mary Whitford (Post 598330)
An important reminder when it comes to tithing a MINIMUM of 10% - that's a MINIMUM of 10% from your GROSS income, NOT your NET. Don't jew Jesus, He KNOWS when He's being gypped!

I would like to bump this thread forward since tithing has been on my mind since February.

Thank you for bringing this very important subject to light! AMEN, in Jesus' Name.

Pastor Ezekiel 03-27-2011 05:36 AM

And please remember, if you're poor, Jesus expects you to tithe everything you own. :rtfm:

Quote:

Mark 12:41 And Jesus sat over against the treasury, and beheld how the people cast money into the treasury: and many that were rich cast in much. Mark 12:42 And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing. Mark 12:43 And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury: Mark 12:44 For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living.

James Hutchins 03-27-2011 11:45 AM

Is the 10% total net or just reported net?

Born Again Bob 03-27-2011 11:56 AM

Dear Brother,

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hutchins (Post 718766)
Is the 10% total net or just reported net?

Gross. I understand this can seem complicated. If it makes it easier, you can arrange for direct deposit of your paycheck to the Church. We can then apply the tithe and remit the balance to you.

:D Don't mention it!

Yours in Him,
BAB :innocent:

James Hutchins 03-27-2011 02:04 PM

Sorry for the mis-type. I meant....
Is the 10% total gross or just reported gross?

BAB, I already have myself on a monthly auto wire transfer, set up by Miss Cookie back in the Church office.

James Dewitt 03-27-2011 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hutchins (Post 718808)
Sorry for the mis-type. I meant....
Is the 10% total gross or just reported gross?

BAB, I already have myself on a monthly auto wire transfer, set up by Miss Cookie back in the Church office.

Brother James I handle my tithe in this manor.
I tithe 10% of my gross reported personal income monthly.

I then tithe 10% net of my Corporations earning . Both are charitable write offs. The Corp. donation this year allowed to to tell my 35,000 plus employees that the Dewitt Corp could not make any contributions in matching funds to their 401k retirement plans and also that no pay raises would be given out. Its a win win for Jesus, , myself and Dewitt corp.

PS The matching funds for 401k and pay raises will not be affected for board members.

James Hutchins 03-27-2011 02:28 PM

I thought reported gross was the right number to use.

I am using an Unted Way trick and require every employee to contribute 25% of their net paycheck. I simply do not have the heart to hit them on the gross. IThe Hutchins Plantation however, takes the write off on this.

H. Montague Worthington 03-27-2011 06:00 PM

Don't forget to save all your tithing receipts, because it's tax deductible! Do not allow the greedy IRS thugs to fund the Obama Assault on America and Big Government largesse by forgetting your tithing deductions!

Adam_Maudite 03-28-2011 06:17 AM

Now, I just want to clarify something, that's %10 of gross to the church, and only the church, any other donations to other Godly ministries or missionaries and the like are good, necessary even, but that's above and beyond the money that funds the work of Jesus' salvation directly in your life. That's how I've always done it, anyway, I could be wrong, but it seems to me all the money I get comes from God, belongs to God, and I'm really just holding on to it until He needs it. God provided for the Prophets and the Apostles, He provides for the bird and the animals, pretty sure He's not going to abandon any true, God-fearing Christian.

ShmaIsreal 05-06-2011 08:48 PM

Would not waste my money on the church,The church never use it for the good of men but rather on their own materialistic things.for the "DON'T JEW JESUS!" statement,NEWS FLASH>>>JESUS WAS A JEW!!!!

Ezekiel Bathfire 05-06-2011 09:10 PM

Jesus was not a Jew: http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=10278