The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The Freehold Truth and Light Baptist newspaper (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Pastor Tells Women in his Congregation to Get Slim (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=118629)

Johny Joe Hold 03-07-2021 04:00 AM

Pastor Tells Women in his Congregation to Get Slim

I think it's tragic when a young pastor tries to help couples in his church to have better lives and then gets criticized. A young pastor in Missouri did just that. He told the congregation that women present should wear more make up and lose weight. Only by looking great will their husbands keep an interest in their marriage.

My goodness, what an out roar of criticism came at him. It was so bad he had to withdraw from his ministry and "seek counseling." It was as if the problem was with him and not with the women of his congregation. I hope he returns to the pulpit and continues to help couples have good marriages.

Pastor seeks counseling after backlash over advice to women - The Christian Post

https://cdn.christianpost.com/files/..._w_760_429.png

Basilissa 03-07-2021 04:03 AM

Re: Pastor Tells Women in his Congregation of Get Slim

It is so tragic indeed. And, I must say, it's difficult not to admire his own fit and slim figure. :thumbsup:

Phil Ander 03-07-2021 12:35 PM

Just crazy "Cancel Culture". Stewart-Allan Clark has my full endorsement. He believes in the free expression of the Christian religion and 2nd amendment rights. God bless him.

Phil

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 03-07-2021 02:04 PM

This story reminds me of when I was studying for my doctorate. If the professor told me I need to come up with better ideas and publish them under his name, then by Golly I would jump through the hoops to become the best student I could possibly be. When he got promoted and I got critiqued for not enough ideas, that provided the motivation for me to try harder and potentially win coveted Senior Student status. Which came with train-the-undergraduates privileges. It made me who I am today.

Fat, lazy women need to realize when they present themselves as depressed, unhappy, over-eating slobs, it reflects badly on their husband (the professor) and makes him lose status with his peers. A big no-no.

Johny Joe Hold 03-07-2021 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basilissa (Post 1282086)
It is so tragic indeed. And, I must say, it's difficult not to admire his own fit and slim figure. :thumbsup:

Yes, indeed. The young pastor is quite svelte.

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 03-07-2021 04:51 PM

Not only that, apparently he is quite the motivational speaker.

Quote:

"I'm not saying every woman can be the epic trophy wife of all time like Melania Trump, I'm not saying that at all.

Most women can't be trophy wives, but you know... maybe you're a participation trophy."

Johny Joe Hold 03-07-2021 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Anthony J. Toole (Post 1282108)

I watched that video. Several times after Pastor Stewart-Allen Clark made a powerful point about how women should look he demanded an "Amen" from his congregation. If there was a "Amen" it was so quiet you can't hear it. He deserves better. If President Trump was in the audience he would have stood and cheered. He knows Pastor Clark it right.

I think Pastor Clark needs to put his resume out there so other churches can have a chance to bid for him. He is a man on the way up.

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 03-07-2021 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny Joe Hold (Post 1282109)
I think Pastor Clark needs to put his resume out there so other churches can have a chance to bid for him. He is a man on the way up.

Mr. Mayor, do you think there is an opening in the Landover Pastoral ranks for a heavyweight like Clark? He will need his own private jet and some pool boys, I imagine.

Johny Joe Hold 03-07-2021 08:47 PM

Re: Pastor Tells Women in his Congregation to Get Slim

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Anthony J. Toole (Post 1282110)
Mr. Mayor, do you think there is an opening in the Landover Pastoral ranks for a heavyweight like Clark? He will need his own private jet and some pool boys, I imagine.

I had the same thought, Dr. Toole. Certainly he has some credentials now. It would have to be reviewed by Pastor Zeke.

I've been wondering how a man the statue of Pastor Clark could be been pushed out. I think I've figured it out. There had to be women in that church who secretly plotted to remove him. You can see possible suspects on the Malden, MO., City Council. There are four women. I'm thinking one or more of those uppity women set the trap for Pastor Clark.

City Management - Malden, MO

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 03-07-2021 08:55 PM

Do we know if Pastor Clark is married? I'm asking on behalf of a particularly attractive friend, who thinks he looks quite the catch. :thumbsup:

Johny Joe Hold 03-08-2021 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joanna Lytton-Vasey (Post 1282114)
Do we know if Pastor Clark is married? I'm asking on behalf of a particularly attractive friend, who thinks he looks quite the catch. :thumbsup:

According to information I found he does have a wife--I know that is heart breaking for women to found him so attractive.

That said, there might be changes coming in his martial status. His wife used to be what someone referred to as "robust." She joined weight watchers. My guess is her marriage to Pastor Clark depends on her success there. He is expecting a Melania look alike and she will need to get there soon.

Mary Etheldreda 03-08-2021 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Anthony J. Toole (Post 1282108)

God doesn't call all women to be trophy wives, like He did me. Jesus blessed me with a smile that light up the room, and a giving and submissive heart that seeks only to please Jesus by favoring her husband with more children than anyone else in town. Some of us are just extra blessed, with personality as well as fecundity, but those others can certainly try. They can at least do that. How hard is it to put away the box of Girl Scout cookies, apply a little lipstick, and make a roast for dinner for goodness sake?

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 03-08-2021 02:57 PM

Mrs. Etheldreda bless you, a real trophy: https://www.landoverbaptist.net/imag...aven_bound.gif For the others, a token of appreciation: https://www.landoverbaptist.net/imag...ronsociety.png

Isabella White 03-08-2021 04:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Anthony J. Toole (Post 1282102)
Fat, lazy women need to realize when they present themselves as depressed, unhappy, over-eating slobs, it reflects badly on their husband (the professor) and makes him lose status with his peers. A big no-no.

Amen, dear Brother Dr. Toole! In addition to how slobbish women reflect badly on their husband, why, it can also cause the poor husband to become depressed. I mean, after working hard all day at business, who wants to come home to see some hag, standing over boiling pots at the stove, complaining about how she hasn't had a second to herself, to have as much as a cup of tea?

I think the young pastor in the article is correct. If men have someone like dear Melania to come home to, then just think of the happiness that will abound!

Instead of this:

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015...5541218044.jpg

This:

MitzaLizalor 04-06-2021 10:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Is that bat married to two husbands?

Attachment 30222

No wonder she's got her hair in curlers!

Cranky Old Man 04-06-2021 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MitzaLizalor (Post 1283038)
Is that bat married to two husbands?

Clearly a case of 2 blind husbands. Became blind after seeing her.

Johny Joe Hold 04-06-2021 01:30 PM

I hope President Trump has not let Melania pack on any pounds since they left the White House. You would think she would be careful since his first two wives got shown the door.

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 04-06-2021 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny Joe Hold (Post 1283041)
I hope President Trump has not let Melania pack on any pounds since they left the White House. You would think she would be careful since his first two wives got shown the door.

Mr. Mayor, I've read she has gained 300lb since Jan 6. And is squealing like a stuck pig, a giant domesticated hog, a factory breeding sow, bloated and immobile swine, making the bodies disappear in the basements of Mar-a-lago.

Isabella White 04-06-2021 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny Joe Hold (Post 1283041)

Oh, I don't think that our beloved Melania would become careless -- snacking compulsively on Goodness-only-knows what, and lounging around on her sofa watching Days of our Lives all afternoon. Melania has always been so slim and trim, and I doubt, very much, that anything will change now. So, I think you are absolutely correct here, dear Brother Mayor Hold!

https://media.cagle.com/95/2016/10/18/186124_600.jpg

Johny Joe Hold 04-21-2021 02:08 PM

Wouldn't you know it? The Missouri pastor who tried to help women by telling them not to gain weight has now fallen on his knees asking women to forgive him! What an injustice.

This pastor took note of the high divorce rate in this country. Maybe there are a lot of divorces in his church and town. He figured out, correctly I'm sure, overweight wives are the cause of divorce. Why should he have to apologize for saving marriages?

Pastor 'deeply sorry' for sermon telling women to keep slim - The Christian Post