The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The introduction forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Introduction (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=115736)

carbonunit 01-14-2019 09:59 PM

Introduction

Hello, I'm Shawn. I go to Rock Harbor Church in Costa Mesa, CA. I would characterize it as a non denominational Evangelical megachurch. I felt the Holy Spirit for the first time during the Alpha Weekend Away program. My favorite verse is 2 Kings 2:23-24, where the prophet Elisha was mocked and he called down a curse to have two bears maul the bullying crowd.

Basilissa 01-14-2019 10:13 PM

Re: Introduction

Hello and :welcome: to our forum, Shawn!

The verses you mentioned are very touching indeed. I'd say that it's good parenting technique to print them out and hand in your little children's bedrooms, so that each night they go to sleep knowing that God may punish them mercilessly for any offense they commit.

2 Kings 2:23-24
23 And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

Yes, tearing these little children to pieces was exactly what they deserved. :thumbsup: Praise God for His justice!

Dennis Lukes 01-14-2019 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carbonunit (Post 1244499)
Hello, I'm Shawn.

Hi Shawn, I'm Dennis.

Quote:

I go to Rock Harbor Church in Costa Mesa, CA. I would characterize it as a non denominational Evangelical megachurch.

Oh. I see. To continue on your spiritual journey, you may want to consider moving away from Commiefornia. To get into Heaven, what you'll need is a church that follows the Bible. And by "follows the Bible" I mean "follows the Bible." Not "follows the 60% or so of the Bible that they personally like." One particularly pertinent verse for you right now is James 2:10. Can you accurately say that this "non denominational Evangelical megachurch" follows the Bible? I doubt it.

Quote:

I felt the Holy Spirit for the first time during the Alpha Weekend Away program.

No clue what that is. Does it have something to do with "carbounits?"

Quote:

My favorite verse is 2 Kings 2:23-24, where the prophet Elisha was mocked and he called down a curse to have two bears maul the bullying crowd.

A good and Godly verse. Many modern so-called "Christians" would shy away from such scripture which demonstrates God's brutal wrath. The fact that you are drawn to it is a good sign. Get right with God and you may be Saved!

I do have to ask: why did you create your account over a year ago and then wait until now to make your first post?

Yours in Christ,
Dennis Lukes

James Hutchins 01-15-2019 01:39 AM

Welcome Mr. Carbonunit, may I call you Pencil Lead #3? Super!

Well 3, I see you are from Californicastan, the place of commies and queers. Not a Christian in the bunch. I've spent many days and sleepless nights trying to save lost souls along the warfs late at night, only the sounds of fog horns and soft whimpers, clammy sweat and young tears on my supple skin.
I have to ask, why don't you want to walk the beaches withe Jesus at your side? Being 'non-denominational' is akin to having a soul check book with a zero balance. You can write all the checks you want but they have no value in Heaven.

MitzaLizalor 01-15-2019 11:00 AM

Quote:

Hello, I'm Shawn. I go to Rock Harbor Church in Costa Mesa, CA. I would characterize it as a non denominational Evangelical megachurch. I felt the Holy Spirit for the first time during the Alpha Weekend Away program. My favorite verse is 2 Kings 2:23-24, where the prophet Elisha was mocked and he called down a curse to have two bears maul the bullying crowd.

The books of Kings are a great read and so encouraging, especially when taken in contect with I & II SAMUEL and I & II CHRONICLES. Another lovely reassurance of God's Perfect Love is the book of Judges. Welcome to Landover! I'll append a link to Judges.

Cranky Old Man 01-15-2019 12:26 PM

Quote:

Hello, I'm Shawn

Welcome to God's favorite forum Shawn!

Quote:

during the Alpha Weekend Away
Those are a bit soft for my taste but I have to admit they cured one of my grandchildren from the gay.

Please say hi to Bart Scharrer from me (Cornelius Oldman) and feel free to remind him he still owes me money.

Jim C. Lombardo 01-16-2019 10:41 PM

Your username seems to imply a mix of carbs with a Whodunnit? So, did the carbs do it? Are you a disgusting fat body? :thumbdown: