The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Favorite Bible Verses (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Memorize The Bible! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=68383)

Pastor Ezekiel 08-13-2011 03:33 PM

Memorize The Bible!

Pastor Steve and I set a good example. :rtfm:

Rev. Edward Clement 08-15-2011 03:53 AM

Re: Memorize The Bible!

I agree Pastor Ezkiel, memorizing the whole bible drives the devils from around an individual. When a True-Christian™ has that much of the Word of God "in" him, no force of hell can opperate through any ungodly Atheist, or any other satanic religion to disway him.

The bible tells us why:

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 4:13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

Isaiah
55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. 55:12 For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.

Praise!

Annalita Thrax 08-15-2011 04:50 PM

Praise God, the Pastor in that video reminds me so much of my Pastor Jedediah! So fervent, so smart, so Holy. Who is he?

Father Maurice Lester 08-16-2011 01:21 PM

A splendid idea in theory but not so much in practice if one memorises the wrong Bible. :dunce:

Remember... we Catholics wrote the new testament under the inspiration of God and anything else is just the work of propagandists looking to justify their inability to live and worship as Jesus taught us.

Bless you, my sockdolageristic scholar,
Father Mo

Rev. Edward Clement 08-16-2011 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Father Maurice Lester (Post 783231)
A splendid idea in theory but not so much in practice if one memorises the wrong Bible. :dunce:

Remember... we Catholics wrote the new testament under the inspiration of God and anything else is just the work of propagandists looking to justify their inability to live and worship as Jesus taught us.

Father Mo

There is only one True-bible, you papist kiddie fiddler, the KJV 1611.

Cathiolickers change the words of the scripture, and that is forbidden by Jesus!

Revelation
22:10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.

The KJV1611 is the Trre-word-of-the-Lord.

Hebrews
4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 4:13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

bibleboy 09-06-2011 08:33 PM

Seems like quite the task, I only have a few books down pat but i guess there is always room for improvement...

Billy Bob Jenkins 09-06-2011 08:45 PM

I don't see how someone can lead a righteous life without memorizing the entire Bible. After all, if you remember one part and not another, how do you know if you're following the whole thing? You have to follow all parts of it all at the same time. In order to do this you must have instant recall of every portion of it.

Anyone who hasn't memorized the entire Bible can only stay out of Hell if they are really, really lucky.

Isaac Fisher 09-08-2011 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bibleboy (Post 792526)
Seems like quite the task, I only have a few books down pat but i guess there is always room for improvement...

Please don't clutter the place with poor spelling and grammar. This is God's forum and it should be tidy and clean. Also, although I am not a TC, can I please direct you to the new member section of this forum to make an introduction?

Razzlo 09-12-2011 07:07 AM

Just in case carry a pocket bible with YOU!!!

i just use my phone as my pocket bible... quite handy indeed

hmm
this reminds me about that film with that blind negro in a post apocalyptic world

Cranky Old Man 09-12-2011 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razzlo (Post 794718)
this reminds me about that film with that blind negro in a post apocalyptic world

That was a good movie, the negro died.

YHWH_is_Love 09-15-2012 05:15 PM

Jesus Christ had the Bible memorized. So should we do.

Didymus Much 09-15-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YHWH_is_Love (Post 930205)
Jesus Christ had the Bible memorized. So should we do.

Even though the Bible didn't exist as a single book during His supposed lifetime?

Even though a quarter of it, the New Testament, dealing with His supposed life and teachings, was written after His death and alleged ascension?

But then, according to the Bible that you claim He memorized before it was even written, He is God, John 10:30 (see what I did there? I quoted Scripture in support of the point I'm trying to make, a really good habit to get into if you want to get taken seriously around here and not banned as a God-mocking troll who's only pretending to be a Christian in order to make fun of them and expose their entire belief structure to ridicule for the hateful bile it is), and as an omnipotent being, He is capable of anything, no matter how impossible, illogical, ridiculous, and just plain stupid it seems to anyone who spat out the koolaid and cookies.

YHWH_is_Love 09-15-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Didymus Much (Post 930212)
Even though the Bible didn't exist as a single book during His supposed lifetime?

Yes, indeed :) He was, is, and will be forever the Word, He knew all the Bible even before it was written.

Rev. M. Rodimer 09-19-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YHWH_is_Love (Post 930217)
Yes, indeed :) He was, is, and will be forever the Word, He knew all the Bible even before it was written.

Well said! :thumbsup:

Shimei 11-20-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Father Maurice Lester (Post 783231)

Father Mo

Determining the canon was a process conducted first by Jewish rabbis and scholars and later by early Christians. It is actually quite interesting -- the tests that decided on the canon of Scripture.

"The councils followed something similar to the following principles to determine whether a New Testament book was truly inspired by the Holy Spirit: 1) Was the author an apostle or have a close connection with an apostle? 2) Is the book being accepted by the body of Christ at large? 3) Did the book contain consistency of doctrine and orthodox teaching? 4) Did the book bear evidence of high moral and spiritual values that would reflect a work of the Holy Spirit? Again, it is crucial to remember that the church did not determine the canon. No early church council decided on the canon. It was God, and God alone, who determined which books belonged in the Bible. It was simply a matter of God’s imparting to His followers what He had already decided. The human process of collecting the books of the Bible was flawed, but God, in His sovereignty, and despite our ignorance and stubbornness, brought the early church to the recognition of the books He had inspired. "

Matthew Hopkins 11-20-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shimei (Post 951545)
Determining the canon was a process conducted first by Jewish rabbis and scholars and later by early Christians. It is actually quite interesting -- the tests that decided on the canon of Scripture.

"The councils followed something similar to the following principles to determine whether a New Testament book was truly inspired by the Holy Spirit: 1) Was the author an apostle or have a close connection with an apostle? 2) Is the book being accepted by the body of Christ at large? 3) Did the book contain consistency of doctrine and orthodox teaching? 4) Did the book bear evidence of high moral and spiritual values that would reflect a work of the Holy Spirit? Again, it is crucial to remember that the church did not determine the canon. No early church council decided on the canon. It was God, and God alone, who determined which books belonged in the Bible. It was simply a matter of God’s imparting to His followers what He had already decided. The human process of collecting the books of the Bible was flawed, but God, in His sovereignty, and despite our ignorance and stubbornness, brought the early church to the recognition of the books He had inspired. "

Do you believe in God or not, son? Really, it's a simple question.

One minute you're cherry picking Bible verses, from God's book, to suit your 'beliefs', the next minute you start probing the provenance of the entire work!

At the moment you sound like a atheist. Now that's fine with me, as y'all are going to hell anyway, but you should make up your mind. Else Satan will saw you in half, and torture the pieces in different parts of hell, for all eternity. At least, that's how I choose to imagine it. Most likely you will merely be cast into a lake of fire:

"And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire." Revelation 20:11-15

YBIC

Shimei 11-20-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew Hopkins (Post 951552)
Do you believe in God or not, son? Really, it's a simple question.

One minute you're cherry picking Bible verses, from God's book, to suit your 'beliefs', the next minute you start probing the provenance of the entire work!

At the moment you sound like an God-hating atheist. Now that's fine with me, as y'all are going to hell anyway, but you should make up your mind. Else Satan will saw you in half, and torture the pieces in different parts of hell, for all eternity. At least, that's how I choose to imagine it. Most likely you will merely be cast into a lake of fire:

"And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire." Revelation 20:11-15

YBIC

Do I believe in God? Absolutely yes. And I believe in His Son, and the Holy Spirit-- the blessed Trinity. And yes, I also believe that His adversary exists, Satan.

I am at times guilty of defending a belief with Scripture, feel free to correct me at any time Mr. Hopkins, and interacting with you has been a pleasure!

Matthew Hopkins 11-20-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shimei (Post 951559)
Do I believe in God? Absolutely yes. And I believe in His Son, and the Holy Spirit-- the Trinity. And yes, I also believe that I am His adversary Satan.

I am at times guilty of disbelieving in Scripture, so feel free to correct me at any time Mr. Hopkins, all beatings received by you will be a pleasure!

Well, I think it's clear that you side with God's adversary, Mr Shampoo, but I refuse to believe that you are him. Cease and desist with your trolling activities. :angry:

YBIC

Pastor Ezekiel 11-21-2012 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shimei (Post 951545)

Please see my sermon on the subject "Seven Ways to Tell The One TRUE Bible" HERE. :rtfm:

Creationist Ron 12-11-2012 12:32 PM

I have memorized the entire KJV 1611 Bible I've been reading since I was 5