The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Straight 4 Jesus! (Back Door Christians) (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Doctors call for a ban on Conversion Therapy (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=116713)

Pastor Ezekiel 08-09-2019 06:40 PM

Doctors call for a ban on Conversion Therapy

Paired with faith and a sincere belief in the Holy Word of God, conversion therapists have been able to correct a person from foolishly believing they are gay or trans through a variety of practices, including aversion therapy, electroshock, drugs, hormone administration, and surgery. Now doctors want to take that away! For America's youth who want to "experiment" with being "born that way," this means no chance for a Heavenly Reward:

1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

Quote:

Doctors Come Out Against Gay Conversion Therapy
WEDNESDAY, Aug. 7, 2019 (HealthDay News) -- So-called "conversion therapy" can trigger depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, and suicidal thoughts and attempts, and it should be banished in the United States, medical experts say in a new report.

Conversion therapy is used in an attempt to change a person's sexual orientation or gender identity, most typically to turn someone who is gay into a "straight" person.

Electroshock therapy, chemical drugs, hormone administrations and surgery are among the methods that have been used in conversion therapy, noted a team of experts reporting Aug. 8 in the New England Journal of Medicine.

While the use of such extreme methods has declined, other types of conversion therapy can still harm U.S. children, teens and adults, according to the report.

Only 18 U.S. states have banned conversion therapy for people younger than 18, and no states have banned conversion therapy for adults.

"As a result of the lack of regulation on these 'therapies,' many adults and children continue to be defrauded, harmed and traumatized in the U.S. every day," said report lead author Dr. Carl Streed, Jr. He is a primary care physician at Boston Medical Center (BMC) and an assistant professor of medicine at Boston University School of Medicine.

"In addition to the health problems associated with conversion therapies, these practices also carry serious economic burdens for LGBTQ [Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer and Questioning] people and the country at large, including low educational achievement, lower income and lower work performance," added Streed, who treats patients at the Center for Transgender Medicine & Surgery at BMC.

It's important for doctors to be aware of this issue because many victims of conversion therapy keep silent about it, and doctors need to be taught how to identify patients who've had or may be undergoing conversion therapy, the report's authors said.

They also believe that medical schools and training programs need to better prepare future doctors to care for LGBTQ people, including identifying and treating trauma caused by conversion therapy.

"Put simply, these practices need to end," Streed said in a medical center news release. "We need to work across sectors to focus on ensuring that all individuals of all ages receive appropriate, comprehensive care by trained medical professionals in a supportive environment."
https://www.usnews.com/news/health-n...ersion-therapy

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 08-09-2019 07:51 PM

Re: Doctors call for a ban on Conversion Therapy

That report has all the keywords, doesn't it?
Quote:

So-called ... trigger ... depression ... post-traumatic stress disorder ... suicidal thoughts and attempts ... banished ... attempt (are they suggesting it doesn't work?) ... gender identity ... extreme methods ... harm ... teens (hateful word for an admittedly hateful age!) ... lack of regulation ... 'therapies' (note the shock quotes there) ... defrauded, harmed and traumatized ... every day ... health problems ...
And then we get:
Quote:

... serious economic burdens for LGBTQ people and the country at large, including low educational achievement, lower income and lower work performance
So they themselves admit that being a pervert makes you too dumb to get a proper job. :lol: It's not so funny for the rest of us, though, as long as they're allowed to collect their welfare checks.

And let's round it off with some more fashionably "woke" word-soup:
Quote:

... victims ... keep silent about it (oh, if only they would!) ... trauma ... a supportive environment.

I have only one thing to say to these people and that is: Leviticus 20:13.

MitzaLizalor 08-10-2019 10:02 AM

If only people would read The Bible! So much distress could be avoided when God's message is understood and His call responded to. Making up a different message and then pretending it comes from God only creates confusion.
I Corinthians 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 11-29-2019 06:59 PM

What prevents the homosexual from seeking gay conversion therapy? I think the liberal media has put false messages on the webs to make people think it's a painful and harrowing process. Nothing could be further from the truth. Maybe we should try to provide an alternate narrative, for example here is a group conversion at the Water of Life Ministry (they still err on the fluffy bunny side but you get the general gist):

There are many great things you can do as a corrected homosexual. In the past they could use their still excessively sissy emotions to become quite accomplishsed as singers.

Isabella White 11-29-2019 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Anthony J. Toole (Post 1261321)
What prevents the homosexual from seeking gay conversion therapy? I think the liberal media has put false messages on the webs to make people think it's a painful and harrowing process. Nothing could be further from the truth. Maybe we should try to provide an alternate narrative, for example here is a group conversion at the Water of Life Ministry (they still err on the fluffy bunny side but you get the general gist):

There are many great things you can do as a corrected homosexual. In the past they could use their still excessively sissy emotions to become quite accomplishsed as singers.

Oh, my, yes, dear Brother Dr. Toole; I do so agree. Why, in the first clip, I think it's so wonderful that the :lord-fancy: is there to cast out the demons within that lezbean woman. It takes a special anointing for a mighty man of :god-fancy: to take such action. It reminds me of my old days in the Pentecostal church, where Satan would attempt to resist the deliverance of :god-fancy: Almighty; but, really, there is no power that is stronger than the redeeming power of the blessed :blood: of the Lamb of :god-fancy:. :glory:

James 2:19 "Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble."

Now, as for that confused gentleman attempting to sing, it appears to me that he might still have a few tendencies that require attendance at another deliverance service. However, once that is done, and once he is set completely free of his homersexualism, I am confident that his voice will return to a natural, manly state -- just as it has done with Brother Daker as he sings, ":christ-fancy:, the :lord-fancy:, is Risen Today!"

A blessed day to you, Dear,
Sincerely, Isabella W.

Ezekiel Bathfire 11-29-2019 11:27 PM

I was sorry when that ended... He was just beginning to be touched by God.

Mary Etheldreda 12-07-2019 03:26 AM

Good Christian mothers don't raise Homer children, but for those who are trying their best and still fail, therapy is a fine option. Parents who love their children and desire Salvation for them protect them from the Gay Agenda in the first place.

Johny Joe Hold 12-08-2019 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda (Post 1261739)
Good Christian mothers don't raise Homer children, but for those who are trying their best and still fail, therapy is a fine option.

I'm wondering where the health insurance industry is on this. After a parent has read the Bible, prayed, lectured his/her child about sin and even used the strap, homerism still happens. Money for Conversion Therapy should be offered by all health insurance companies and it should be the only option.

Could this be a good issue for President Trump to champion in the upcoming election? A law requiring insurance companies to provide this funding would poke a finger in the eye of all those anti religion Democrats who are parading themselves around talking health care. Not one has offered a program of any kind to cure homerism.

It seems like a winning issue for the President.

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 12-08-2019 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny Joe Hold (Post 1261817)
A law requiring insurance companies to provide this funding would poke a finger in the eye of all those anti religion Democrats who are parading themselves around talking health care.

:thumbsup: Just as long as it doesn't raise the premiums for the rest of us, Mr Mayor, Sir. I would assume True Christian™ insurees like us would pay reduced rates, having no need of such funding?

Johny Joe Hold 12-08-2019 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joanna Lytton-Vasey (Post 1261818)
:thumbsup: Just as long as it doesn't raise the premiums for the rest of us, Mr Mayor, Sir. I would assume True Christian™ insurees like us would pay reduced rates, having no need of such funding?

Yes, Sister Joanna, we don't want higher rates. Insurance companies have loss prevention programs. You can order a booklet about safety in the home. There are videos about safe driving. All these to reduce the cost of pay outs for accidents.

I assume insurance companies would have a loss prevention for homer children as well. There might be videos for home use called, "Prevent your child from becoming gay."

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 12-08-2019 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny Joe Hold (Post 1261823)
I assume insurance companies would have a loss prevention for homer children as well. There might be videos for home use called, "Prevent your child from becoming gay."

If they don't already provide these videos, perhaps we at Landover could supply them with suitable material? My boys made a perfectly splendid comedy video on this very subject, which we successfully infiltrated into local schools and libraries, disguised as DVDs of popular heathen children's movies. :thumbsup: Who knows how many children were saved from the perils of buggery?

Johny Joe Hold 12-13-2019 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joanna Lytton-Vasey (Post 1261824)
Who knows how many children were saved from the perils of buggery?

I just got a call about the Duluth, Minnesota, City Council. It is considering a city ban on conversion therapy. Elected people everywhere are my colleagues, how could they endorse the most serious sin in the Bible?

It may be that LBC will need to organize a strike force to race to these places that are considering local bans. We need to go to their city council meeting and read the Bible to them. Probably they are unaware how serious this sin it and how conversion therapy can bring homers to the straight Christian lifestyle.

https://www.inforum.com/news/governm...ersion-therapy

https://www.duluthnewstribune.com/in...Conversion.jpg

Ezekiel Bathfire 12-19-2019 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny Joe Hold (Post 1262028)
Probably they are unaware how serious this sin it and how conversion therapy can bring homers to the straight Christian lifestyle.

I am reminded of the parable of the Good Samaritan:
Luke 10:32 And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.
Luke 10:32 And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed by on the other side.

Is a Christian to pass by what can be so easily cured?, Or should we follow this example:

Luke 10:33 But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him,

We need to be compassionate and beat Satan out of the rectum of these abominations.

Everything is possible with Jesus - Jesus tells us that we can perform miracles.

Alvin Moss 12-20-2019 01:50 AM

My own opinion is that there is too much concern about the rights of the offender and his feelings and so forth when we talk about trying to cure these God defying homosexuals. I think the emphasis should be on old fashioned, tried and true cures for sin like beatings, burning and branding, amputations and similar proven therapies if an eventual cure is desired. If you want to go more modern you could try that water boarding. However, no course of therapy is as statistically successful as burning the wretch at the stake.

Mary Etheldreda 12-20-2019 03:40 AM

The True Christian™ knows the raw, naked truth Big Gay does not want you to know: Homosexuality is a Demon Spirit that is so putrid and disgusting that even other demons don't want to be near it. This is why Gay People wear so much perfume and cologne - to hide the stench of feces that naturally dribbles down their thighs as they walk, and to hide the stench of the demons that are so strong they break through the non-spirit world and hit our olfactory senses like rotting garbage.

Jesus cast out thousands of demons who begged Him to send them into pigs. The stench of these demons were so traumatic to the pigs they ran off the cliff to their deaths. Modern, secular man would rather embrace the homosexual demons than reject them, this is how much of a grip Satan has on our world today.

O Come Lord Jesus!

MitzaLizalor 12-20-2019 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alvin Moss
My own opinion is that there is too much concern about the rights of the offender and his feelings and so forth when we talk about trying to cure these God defying homosexuals. I think the emphasis should be on old fashioned, tried and true cures for sin like beatings, burning and branding, amputations and similar proven therapies if an eventual cure is desired. If you want to go more modern you could try that water boarding. However, no course of therapy is as statistically successful as burning the wretch at the stake.
How often do we hear that "old" or "barbaric" remedies were overturned by Jesus. I don't know where they get their ideas from, probably think them up for themselves without reference to God at all. Your point about amputations is one raised by Jesus—actual Jesus, not someone made up like Rumpelstiltskin to do magic without which the story is obvious nonsense—and the context He uses is very broad.
Mark 9:43-48
43-44 If thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
45-46 If thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
47-48 If thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire: where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
Jesus knew all about the everlasting torment He came to save us from and Jesus knew all about worms. He did not say to do amputations for a short time but then stop when He'd been murdered. That would be like saying to avoid adultery or not worship idols for the time being but as soon as The Crucifixion is done and dusted and the "old" law is done away with that temple orgies will suddenly be OK. Murder? Sodomy? Ogling sheep? Not at all. Jesus was absolutely clear that it is better to chop bits off than to miss out on The Kingdom.

And there's no Rumpelstiltskin to spin new body-parts from straw.